Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9171786 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8388) (8389) (8390) (8391) (8392) (8393) (8394) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:59pm On May 19, 2021
oneluvs:
Please I need link to download and update my redmi 9t manually. Thanks

Whenever you ask for these do well to attach a screenshot of your about phone. Redmi 9t doesn't have one ROM.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:04pm On May 19, 2021
queenfav:
wawu,and my long throat was based on how good the one on our tv is o.
Nr go get too much expectation ooo, make u nr end up being disappointed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:08pm On May 19, 2021
queenfav:
To buy that thing dey hard me, especially as my phone has it.If u agree credit,i go buy.I go pay in 12 months grin
Which phone are we talking about? MN10L? Oya cast am make I see! grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:10pm On May 19, 2021
Gptech:

grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 7:18pm On May 19, 2021
jboixxx:
Which phone are we talking about? MN10L? Oya cast am make I see! grin
chai,i blame Xiaomi.lolz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 7:20pm On May 19, 2021
Gptech:

1I am waiting for users like oga genius43 should give us review make we know how e be.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oneluvs: 8:16pm On May 19, 2021
genius43:

Whenever you ask for these do well to attach a screenshot of your about phone. Redmi 9t doesn't have one ROM.
Thank you, I have successfully updated it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2021
Miui 12.5

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FryMosquito: 8:49pm On May 19, 2021
queenfav:
Lolz.It must support o,after Xiaomi don chop my money for phone when no gree cast.I go dey beg who dey use redmi note 5 pro make i use e phone cast to tv,imagine the disgrace shocked
Try this app (Wireless Display for MIUI) on Google play store.
Note it: These two services are needed for casting to work:
Mi Connect Service (com.xiaomi.mi_connect_service)
UniPlay Service (com.milink.service)

So if you debloated your phone you need those two switch back on and running. If they are, search for remote display
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IamNiel: 8:57pm On May 19, 2021
I will try to be brief so I do not bore anyone

I believe that by sharing my experience here others will learn and adapt as necessary. My name is Niel and i go by this in the Mi community forum on WhatsApp, Niel (Wkth a Rose) on Telegram and I used to go by 'IamNegro' here on Nairaland.

On April 24th or so, I was robbed at gun point and in the middle of the robbery I was forced to drop my phone, the password and my SIM pin.

I thought it would end there as I had deposited the last money on me in my crypto Wallet after heavy losses to fraud February/March. I was not heavily worried about the repurcussion of my stolen phone and passwords.

I got home and i tried to access my Google account to track the phone, but it kept asking for a verification code to be sent to my SIM as proof I was the rightful owner of the account. I tried using laptops I had used in the past but I still got the same feedback.

In the middle of my mental chaos I forgot that there was something like a Mi account. I tried the next day to log in to my Mi account but I was denied access. After my Sim retrieval earlier in the day, I tried accessing my Gmail account and I got the devastating news that my account password has been changed.

Swiftly, I tried to retrieved the account, but I kept receiving replies from Google that I am not seen as the owner of the account. My account recovery was removed, 2 factor authentication was removed and my Mi account was changed. Google support informed me that the account is lost.

The losses I incurred with the loss of my Google account was massive and I do not know how to quantify the loss because I lost everything you can think of.

Access to vital accounts, job applications in advanced stages, scholarships applications, freelancing gigs applications, quality contacts,different portfolios, etc.

Genius43 and OlayinkaJnr should be able to confirm my identity in the Mi community group chat on WhatsApp.

It is never going to be easy starting afresh, but as long as there is life, there is always the belief that this is just a phase.

I am putting this out here to inform everyone that we should do well to take the most precautions as it relates to our gadgets as we cannot tell the circumstances we might run into unprepared.

At present I am just trying to run around for money to get a phone and start from somewhere. Maybe there is someone that have had things rough, even worse than me, but I put it to you that life can be a bitch, but you have no other recourse than to keep moving.

Edited: I just checked my email and I have been able to successfully retrieve it. Unfortunately all my applications are now outdated. A bag of mixed feelings!

I never expected it!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:08pm On May 19, 2021
IamNiel:
I will
It is never going to be easy starting afresh, but as long as there is life, there is always the belief that this is just a phase.

I am putting this out here to inform everyone that we should do well to take the most precautions as it relates to our gadgets as we cannot tell the circumstances we might run into unprepared.

At present I am just trying to run around for money to get a phone and start from somewhere. Maybe there is someone that have had things rough, even worse than me, but I put it to you that life can be a bitch, but you have no other recourse than to keep moving.

Edited: I just checked my email and I have been able to successfully retrieve it. Unfortunately all my applications are now outdated. A bag of mixed feelings!

I never expected it!

Sorry bro. When there is life, there is hope. God will restore your loss. No wonder you have been AWOL on the group.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 9:11pm On May 19, 2021
FryMosquito:
Try this app (Wireless Display for MIUI) on Google play store.
Note it: These two services are needed for casting to work:
UniPlay Service (com.milink.service)

So if you debloated your phone you need those two switch back on and running. If they are, search for remote display
thanks bro,let me try this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2021
Rareoil:

You are doing well, keep it up.
thank you boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2021
genius43:
As usual Xiaomi always gives you the assignment to find out the changes on a new ROM. That is why I always tell people not to pay too much attention on the lack of new stuffs on a changelog before deciding to update.

The RN10 Pro 12.5 update changelog had few additions but when you update the changes and fixes are more.

1. The scattered notifications.
2. New sounds for when you unlock your phone and when you plug in your charger.
3. The battery icon is bigger as well as notifications so it would be too blurry when you screenshot.
4. New design for volume slider.
5. Dolby Atmos is added in sound effects.
6. You just have to swipe sideways to move from notifications to the settings side on the new control panel.
7. Screenshot quality have been improved greatly
Still checking it out for more changes

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 9:22pm On May 19, 2021
genius43:
As usual Xiaomi always gives you the assignment to find out the changes on a new ROM. That is why I always tell people not to pay too much attention on the lack of new stuffs on a changelog before deciding to update.

The RN10 Pro 12.5 update changelog had few additions but when you update the changes and fixes are more.

3. The battery icon is bigger as well as notifications so it would be too blurry when you screenshot.
6. You just have to swipe sideways to move from notifications to the settings side on the new control panel.
I will drop a review of the new features
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2021
Cannonleo:
I will drop a review of the new features

Okay. The phone now keeps app longer in memory with the new update. Battery seem a tad better. And the UX is better. Now you have to tap on notifications to bring quick functions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FryMosquito: 9:26pm On May 19, 2021
queenfav:
thanks bro,let me try this
I hope it will work, remember to give us feedback.
Take note of this two services needed for casting. They must be switched on and running (if you debloated your phone)

UniPlay Service
(com.milink.service)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by happy662(m): 9:26pm On May 19, 2021
Cannonleo:
Miui 12.5

what kind of phone do you have?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by queenfav(f): 9:28pm On May 19, 2021
FryMosquito:
I hope it will work, remember to give us feedback.
Take note of this two services needed for casting. They must be switched on and running (if you debloated your phone)

UniPlay Service
(com.milink.service)
I didn't see them o,so i have downloaded mi connect service from apk...mirrrror, looking for the other one.Will let you know how it goes.I pray it works.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IamNiel: 9:28pm On May 19, 2021
genius43:

Sorry bro. When there is life, there is hope. God will restore your loss. No wonder you have been AWOL on the group.

Yeah. So it goes brother. Better times will come.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:35pm On May 19, 2021
genius43:

Whomever this person is here, just continue. Copying word for word.

Wahala, lolll. Won't be shocked the person doesn't even have the device. Which kain sickness be this? Clout na complete menace
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:38pm On May 19, 2021
IamNiel:
I will try to be brief so I do not bore anyone

I believe that by sharing my experience here others will learn and adapt as necessary. My name is Niel and i go by this in the Mi community forum on WhatsApp, Niel (Wkth a Rose) on Telegram and I used to go by 'IamNegro' here on Nairaland.

On April 24th or so, I was robbed at gun point and in the middle of the robbery I was forced to drop my phone, the password and my SIM pin.

I thought it would end there as I had deposited the last money on me in my crypto Wallet after heavy losses to fraud February/March. I was not heavily worried about the repurcussion of my stolen phone and passwords.

I got home and i tried to access my Google account to track the phone, but it kept asking for a verification code to be sent to my SIM as proof I was the rightful owner of the account. I tried using laptops I had used in the past but I still got the same feedback.

In the middle of my mental chaos I forgot that there was something like a Mi account. I tried the next day to log in to my Mi account but I was denied access. After my Sim retrieval earlier in the day, I tried accessing my Gmail account and I got the devastating news that my account password has been changed.

Swiftly, I tried to retrieved the account, but I kept receiving replies from Google that I am not seen as the owner of the account. My account recovery was removed, 2 factor authentication was removed and my Mi account was changed. Google support informed me that the account is lost.

The losses I incurred with the loss of my Google account was massive and I do not know how to quantify the loss because I lost everything you can think of.

Access to vital accounts, job applications in advanced stages, scholarships applications, freelancing gigs applications, quality contacts,different portfolios, etc.

Genius43 and OlayinkaJnr should be able to confirm my identity in the Mi community group chat on WhatsApp.

This is scary,so sorry. Hang in there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FryMosquito: 9:43pm On May 19, 2021
queenfav:
I didn't see them o,so i have downloaded mi connect service from apk...mirrrror, looking for the other one.Will let you know how it goes.I pray it works.
OK, even with the two services running/switched on, you can try cast with casting service on your device direct without the app(Wireless Display for MIUI). If it didn't cast you can use the app as second option. But remember the two services, its very important
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IamNiel: 9:46pm On May 19, 2021
fibonacci2526:

This is scary,so sorry. Hang in there.

I appreciate. Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Henrybright(m): 10:01pm On May 19, 2021
I got this update some minutes ago but wasn't ready to download yet, now that I want to update I can't find it anymore. Do you have any idea if the update has been withdrawn?
genius43:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:35pm On May 19, 2021
Henrybright:
I got this update some minutes ago but wasn't ready to download yet, now that I want to update I can't find it anymore. Do you have any idea if the update has been withdrawn?

It is a stable beta. You can download the update file and try installing manually. It may work it may not. But note you must be on MIUI 12.0.15.0.

Check previous post for Link make sure you use a download manager like ADM Pro or 1DM+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:36pm On May 19, 2021
LeadMobile:
6.67-K

No adverts here please to avoid ban. Do well to edit your post and take it to the Xiaomi Thread Store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:39pm On May 19, 2021
IamNiel:

Yeah. So it goes brother. Better times will come.
Sorry for the experience bro, thank God you have your Google account back, you'll be fine smiley.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theta1: 10:40pm On May 19, 2021
Please I need help concerning my Note 9S.
Whenever I am making call and I wish to record the call, my phone will sound out that "the call is now been recorded" and the receiver will also hear at the other end, which is embarrassing most of the time.
Pls how can I off the sound and record the call without that alert sound?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:43pm On May 19, 2021
Theta1:
Please I need help concerning my Note 9S.
Whenever I am making call and I wish to record the call, my phone will sound out that "the call is now been recorded" and the receiver will also hear at the other end, which is embarrassing most of the time.
Pls how can I off the sound and record the call without that alert sound?

You can't turn it off. That is a requirement Google had to meet with EU Privacy Laws to allow the call recording feature in the first place. So it is embedded by Google.

You can try third party recorders till you find one that works for you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theta1: 10:45pm On May 19, 2021
genius43:

You can't turn it off. That is a requirement Google had to meet with EU Privacy Laws to allow the call recording feature in the first place. So it is embedded by Google.

You can try third party recorders till you find one that works for you.

Oga ooooo....... Thank you. Most recorder on app store that I downloaded won't start recording automatically

(1) (2) (3) ... (8388) (8389) (8390) (8391) (8392) (8393) (8394) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.