Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9164775 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8478) (8479) (8480) (8481) (8482) (8483) (8484) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
Benstino:

Crazy coincidence. Same happened to me with my galaxy S3 back then. Screen just went like that without falling. Had to discard it and buy LG g2
Lol...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
Habiodunz:
guys help please
my qcy t5 started making some hissing and uncomfortable noise after the Android 11 update on Redmi note 9 pro
and I notice the volume is fluctuating too embarassed
Hold power till phone goes off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2021
funkyjms:
I don't know why my RN refused to come up. sad
It doesn't vibrate if I connect charger but for each time I press power button, it vibrates but doesn't come up.
To the best of my knowledge, I don't even think it's a case of display 'cause if it actually power and load to homepage (even without display) touching the fingerprint should give me another vibration (to unlock with key) even without display or at least recognise charger.
Any help please
Did the battery run down? Leave it to charge for around 30 minutes before attempting to turn it on. You may need to try out another charger and cord.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ibrahim1960:
Please someone should help me out my redmi 8a as been malfunctioning since yesterday it just keep switching on and off automatically ave try everything to sort it out nothing is working I even factoryreset still the phone is autoswitch on nd off i don't even know what to do because am fucking broke to even afford a secondhand phone help my life oo ave been offline since yesterday night, this phone is really frustrating my life
Can you give an approximate time between switching off and on?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
Benstino:

Many smartphones have gone 3 yrs plus, without battery degradation. Infact, the battery of my Redmi note 4 bought in 2017 is still almost the same today, despite the consistent charging cycles

There is something I use to give a thought to in all these electronic gadgets; I think the lifespan of a battery depends on our charging and usuage behavior and there is this thing that when an electronic gadget is introduced, during the advertising period, that is, when they are still trying to gain awareness into any new market most of their gadgets are carefully made and the standards are held high but once customers start to flood everywhere especially during scarcity, these companies will start to mix substandard materials to meet up with demands, sometimes those with hardware issues will be targeted during update as to use software to fix the issue, all they want is for the phone to be in your hand and your money in their pocket.
This is my personal opinion and I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alexalexalex: 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello guys abeg I need help. I updated a redmi note 9 China version to miui 12 and android 11. Since then all Google apps have not working. Please do I need to downgrade the phone? Or there is another other solution?
Cc. Genius43

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2021
alexalexalex:
Hello guys abeg I need help. I updated a redmi note 9 China version to miui 12 and android 11. Since then all Google apps have not working. Please do I need to downgrade the phone? Or there is another other solution?
Cc. Genius43

Which of the RN9 in particular? The one with Helio G85 or which one?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alexalexalex: 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2021
genius43:

Which of the RN9 in particular? The one with Helio G85 or which one?
Yes helio g85 (redmi 10x 4g)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gr8gem(f): 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
I'm still noticing that YouTube venced after using the app and closing it, it still stays on lock screen notification, no matter home many times i swipe it off once from the lock screen it still comes back when wake the lock screen. I thought the new update will fix it but it's still the same. Rn10pro miui 12.5.3 update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
alexalexalex:

Yes helio g85 (redmi 10x 4g)

Have you tried reinstalling Gapps and installing latest play services from apkmirror?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
gr8gem:
I'm still noticing that YouTube venced after using the app and closing it, it still stays on lock screen notification, no matter home many times i swipe it off once from the lock screen it still comes back when wake the lock screen. I thought the new update will fix it but it's still the same. Rn10pro miui 12.5.3 update.

That hasn't been fixed yet. It was proximity issues and thermal issues that was addressed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ibrahim1960:
Please someone should help me out my redmi 8a as been malfunctioning since yesterday it just keep switching on and off automatically ave try everything to sort it out nothing is working I even factoryreset still the phone is autoswitch on nd off i don't even know what to do because am fucking broke to even afford a secondhand phone help my life oo ave been offline since yesterday night, this phone is really frustrating my life

It's probably the power switch. Run a sheet of paper through the hope around the sides of the power button. Might help to clear some particles keeping the button pressed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alexalexalex: 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2021
genius43:

Have you tried reinstalling Gapps and installing latest play services from apkmirror?
Yes o, but still all the Google apps doesn't start
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ibrahim1960: 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
OllyFair:
Take it to phone technician, the power switch maybe the culprit.
bro you are right ooo i later took it to phone technican as you instructed me, the engineer said the phone switch as damage so he will changed it for me he helped me changed it Nd the phone is working perfectly, na 2k e collect for the switch, bro thanks am so happy, Really appreciate,

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by swiz123(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
I have finally updated my RN8. My chrome sometimes will refuse to open unless I reboot my phone. What could be the cause and solution

CC.. genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ibrahim1960: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
Osyxcel:

It's probably the power switch. Run a sheet of paper through the hope around the sides of the power button. Might help to clear some particles keeping the button pressed.
yes it is I took it to phone engineer as someone instructed me here, the engineer helped me sort it out, but I still dey fear o because the switch dey somehow hard not really hard but not like b4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
Kanoski:
is there no 6/128gb option.
128 gb na overkill
The choice is yours, check the thread store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
alexalexalex:

Yes o, but still all the Google apps doesn't start

Maybe you should consider unlocking bootloader and flash the Global Fastboot ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
swiz123:
I have finally updated my RN8. My chrome sometimes will refuse to open unless I reboot my phone. What could be the cause and solution

CC.. genius43

Clear Chrome data and update the app
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by swiz123(m): 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
genius43:

Clear Chrome data and update the app

Thanks bruv
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
genius43:

Was it not the same thing I told you on TG? Una too dey quick too blame ROM for everything.
Baba no mind me o, Na fear fear they worry me, thanks man, Xiaomi rocks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majorSLEEK(m): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
Damritoh:

Redmi Note 10(6+128)

Or up your budget by about 10k and buy the Redmi Note 10s(6+128)

Alright, thanks!

Does the 4G network on the Note 10 support the Airtel and MTN networks..?

Been seeing some varying comments pertaining to that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
majorSLEEK:

Alright, thanks!

Does the 4G network on the Note 10 support the Airtel and MTN networks..?

Been seeing some varying comments pertaining to that.

It support. If you followed the MTN convo you would have seen where the complainant confirmed he had a 3G Sim

As for Airtel, it uses the most common 4G band available in any 4G enabled phone even the Chinese variants.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by majorSLEEK(m): 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
genius43:

It support. If you followed the MTN convo you would have seen where the complainant confirmed he had a 3G Sim

As for Airtel, it uses the most common 4G band available in any 4G enabled phone even the Chinese variants.

Thanks a lot for your response.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alexalexalex: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
genius43:

Maybe you should consider unlocking bootloader and flash the Global Fastboot ROM

Please how can I go about that boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
I just fell in love with the build quality and specs of this phone, https://eu.redmagic./pages/redmagic-6-pro
It is launched as a gaming phone, so will be an overkill for one who doesn't have in mind to game high quality and graphical games. This phone has same role like the blackshark of xiaomi.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
alexalexalex:

Please how can I go about that boss

That should be at the Xiaomi Tweaking thread. Start by researching how to unlock your bootloader.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 12:42am On Jun 23, 2021
You're highly welcome...
Ibrahim1960:
bro you are right ooo i later took it to phone technican as you instructed me, the engineer said the phone switch as damage so he will changed it for me he helped me changed it Nd the phone is working perfectly, na 2k e collect for the switch, bro thanks am so happy, Really appreciate,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 1:16am On Jun 23, 2021
MemeUI 13 File Manager undecided

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 4:25am On Jun 23, 2021
Segunhife:
I wish I could discard it but I can't, I have so much files on it. I'll just wait till I'm financially ok to repair it

Sorry to hear bro. We have the screen available @50K to fix. 08137013426 or 07087154931 or 08121235355
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 6:20am On Jun 23, 2021
Please how do I fix this? My phone stopped recognizing my dongle (type c to 3.5mm port)... Both the earpiece and the port is good.. what can I do? See what the phone is now saying

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:33am On Jun 23, 2021
Emjace:
Please how do I fix this? My phone stopped recognizing my dongle (type c to 3.5mm port)... Both the earpiece and the port is good.. what can I do? See what the phone is now saying

* USB controlled by this device
* File transfer

Or go to developer mode and change default USB configuration to file transfer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8478) (8479) (8480) (8481) (8482) (8483) (8484) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Samuelthemanli(m), NeoWanZaeed(m), tudy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.