Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9228569 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8586) (8587) (8588) (8589) (8590) (8591) (8592) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by callydon(m): 6:30am On Aug 21, 2021
genius43:

This is Chinese ROM not Global ROM like you claimed

Please bros, how were you able to decipher just from dt screenshot that it's a Chinese ROM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 6:42am On Aug 21, 2021
Jazzman01:

She should go for Samsung flagships. She used the A12 for just 2days and was complaining it didn't meet her expectations maybe Interms of battery because I don't see any difference between the A12 and 9T apart from the bigger battery and better processor.

But I don't think ladies are much concerned about performance. What they usually look out for is camera quality and the A12 and 9T both have 48mp cameras.

@ yewandequeen to avoid further disappointments get a better Samsung or upgrade to iPhone if you can afford it and leave this chinko products alone.
chinko indeed but u are using d so called 'chinko'
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 6:44am On Aug 21, 2021
lekbel09:
Please whats this android system that's consuming my battery so badly.

Honestly I wouldn't know why Xiaomi would make such a weird computation. It is the same in my own too and sometimes it is even higher than screen consumption. In my years of using android phones from HTC to Samsung and the rest, I have never seen where android system (software) consumes more power than screen which is an hardware component. Normally, android system doesn't consume more than 10% of total Battery power.

As an engineer it looks weird to me. Maybe it is MIUI 12. It came with alot of weird stuffs. One of such things is forcing the phone to read only 24hrs power usage stats after which it starts jumping randomly and erratically. So if I want to know how many hours I can get from my Battery after a full charge, I have to do it manually. And to get the accurate SOT, I have to exhaust my Battery under 24hrs. It just doesn't make sense from Xiaomi.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lekbel09(m): 6:48am On Aug 21, 2021
Jazzman01:

Honestly I wouldn't know why Xiaomi would make such a weird computation. It is the same in my own too and sometimes it is even higher than screen consumption. In my years of using android phones from HTC to Samsung and the rest, I have never seen where android system (software) consumes more power than screen which is an hardware component. Normally, android system doesn't consume more than 10% of total Battery power.

As an engineer it looks weird to me. Maybe it is MIUI 12. It came with alot of weird stuffs. One of such things is forcing the phone to read only 24hrs power usage stats after which it starts jumping randomly and erratically. So if I want to know how many hours I can get from my Battery after a full charge, I have to do it manually. And to get the accurate SOT, I have to exhaust my Battery under 24hrs. It just doesn't make sense from Xiaomi.
Hopefully it'll get solved soon. My phone come dey show 5G sef. I use airtel
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 6:48am On Aug 21, 2021
Sunkyphil:
chinko indeed but u are using d so called 'chinko'

What point are you trying to make exactly? Do you want to deny the fact that Xiaomi is chinko?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oliveronline: 6:51am On Aug 21, 2021
Yewandequeen:
exactly why I said I was shocked. Seems the girl doesn't know what she is saying. I know its software issue.

Wat do I do now so they don't complicate issue?
My bro is facing the same problem with his redmi 9t just as you. he was updating his phone yesterday and phone went off even when the battery was over 70% and it has refused to come on since then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 6:53am On Aug 21, 2021
Jazzman01:

You are a troll. And henceforth you'll be treated like a troll

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 6:55am On Aug 21, 2021
Oliveronline:

My bro is facing the same problem with his redmi 9t just as you. he was updating his phone yesterday and phone went off even when the battery was over 70% and it has refused to come on since then.

Lol, wahala for people wey dey use 9t ooooooooooo

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 7:13am On Aug 21, 2021
Jemerson:

You are a troll. And henceforth you'll be treated like a troll

Troll indeed. I have said it before, you guys can't handle criticism but can criticize and badmouth other brands.

You can shout scrapno, shitfinix and use other derogatory words like "make sure your house is close to carlcare" but would start acting aggressive and defensive whenever Xiaomi is criticized. Now tell me what's the difference between Xiaomi and those other brands that you badmouth or can't you see loads of complains all over the thread?

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by babyfaceafrica: 7:19am On Aug 21, 2021
Jazzman01:

Lol, wahala for people wey dey use 9t ooooooooooo

grin grin
People should just avoid updating for now. It's not like there is anything special there. My last phone before this one, I didn't update for a year, i Just ignore it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okoro99: 7:23am On Aug 21, 2021
genius43:

This is Chinese ROM not Global ROM like you claimed
I'm not the owner of the phone, the person who owns it(my friend), thought it was Chinese version, Global rom, not until you pointed out that it was Chinese rom. But is there any remedy on how to use Google playstore and Gmail once again on the phone?
He is currently stuck(any apps with Google play protect is not opening, and most of his banking apps falls under this category).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gr8gem(f): 7:30am On Aug 21, 2021
Please house i want to know the stats of data usage from a specific date to a specific date on my redmi note 10pro rather than a for a month a week etc with no option of specific date.
The first picture only gives option of month, day and week, while i want something like the second option where i can choose date to get my data usage stats, please how can i get the second option for my RN10pro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 7:37am On Aug 21, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
People should just avoid updating for now. It's not like there is anything special there. My last phone before this one, I didn't update for a year, i Just ignore it

Honestly I don't know what people derive from updating. Do you think you can update your Redmi 5 for example to the level of Redmi 9 ? Most of the new and stand-out features are hardware related and you can not achieve it by mere software upgrades.

I don't update anymore because I have had a nasty experience with it. If I want new features and better performance I will get a new phone.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:09am On Aug 21, 2021
okoro99:

I'm not the owner of the phone, the person who owns it(my friend), thought it was Chinese version, Global rom, not until you pointed out that it was Chinese rom. But is there any remedy on how to use Google playstore and Gmail once again on the phone?
He is currently stuck(any apps with Google play protect is not opening, and most of his banking apps falls under this category).

The only solution I can profer is Flashing global ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2021
lekbel09:
Hopefully it'll get solved soon. My phone come dey show 5G sef. I use airtel

Your theme is responsible for that not Xiaomi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:13am On Aug 21, 2021
callydon:

Please bros, how were you able to decipher just from dt screenshot that it's a Chinese ROM?

1. The design of about phone for Chinese ROM is different from Global ROM

2. Chinese ROM for RN7 is on MIUI 12.5.3 Global ROM is on 12.5.1, also my dad uses the Chinese ROM too.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lekbel09(m): 8:13am On Aug 21, 2021
genius43:

Your theme is responsible for that not Xiaomi
I use stock MIUI theme..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2021
lekbel09:
I use stock MIUI theme..

Haven't you changed your theme at one point before?

I use RN10 Pro and have never changed theme why isn't my own showing 5G and I have GLO and Airtel in the phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okoro99: 8:15am On Aug 21, 2021
genius43:

The only solution I can profer is Flashing global ROM
Do I need to unlock the bootloader?
Because I heard unlocking boatloader takes time.
Thank you for your inputs thus far.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2021
okoro99:

Do I need to unlock the bootloader?
Because I heard unlocking boatloader takes time.
Thank you for your inputs thus far.

It is a must. You might be lucky and the bootloader gets unlocked immediately.

After that you flash the Fastboot ROM of the Global Version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:23am On Aug 21, 2021
Jazzman01:

[s] Troll indeed. I have said it before, you guys can't handle criticism but can criticize and badmouth other brands.

You can shout scrapno, shitfinix and use other derogatory words like "make sure your house is close to carlcare" but would start acting aggressive and defensive whenever Xiaomi is criticized. Now tell me what's the difference between Xiaomi and those other brands that you badmouth or can't you see loads of complains all over the thread? [/s]

No need for the long gospel

FYI I use Huawei.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2021
Jemerson:

No need for the long gospel

FYI I use Huawei.

Show us a screenshot of your battery usage and let's see the android system power consumption.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:58am On Aug 21, 2021
Jazzman01:

Show us a screenshot of your battery usage and let's see the android system power consumption.

I just showed you the one of Samsung Galaxy S10 and you suddenly went blind and mute.

It's android system, not miui system

Come sense will tell you that android OS has evolved from the days of old. So apps too will be built to support the new google framework. all these consume considerable ram juice.
That's why even a 4gb ram is not enough these days
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okoro99: 8:58am On Aug 21, 2021
genius43:

It is a must. You might be lucky and the bootloader gets unlocked immediately.

After that you flash the Fastboot ROM of the Global Version
Thank you so much. the tools for flashing the fast boot rom, is it free?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2021
okoro99:

Yes it is free, including the knowledge. Are you free to learn?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:02am On Aug 21, 2021
okoro99:

They are free.

Mi unlock tools and Mi Flash tools. Just google the how to and also read through the Xiaomi Tweaking thread link in first page of this thread for pointers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okoro99: 9:03am On Aug 21, 2021
Jemerson:

Yes it is free, including the knowledge. Are you free to learn?
Sure, I'm free to learn.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okoro99: 9:05am On Aug 21, 2021
genius43:

They are free.

Mi unlock tools and Mi Flash tools. Just google the how to and also read through the Xiaomi Tweaking thread link in first page of this thread for pointers.
Thank you, I have started downloading the tools already. Once I'm able to unlock the bootloader, I'll proceed with downloading the global rom(do I download Xiaomi.eu or global rom). Then flash.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 9:05am On Aug 21, 2021
okoro99:

Sure, I'm free to learn.

Google will happily accept your queries smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yewandequeen(f): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2021
Oliveronline:

Oga o

Please let me know if he is able to revive it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2021
okoro99:

Thank you, I have started downloading the tools already. Once I'm able to unlock the bootloader, I'll proceed with downloading the global rom(do I download Xiaomi.eu or global rom). Then flash.

Like I said Global FASTBOOT ROM.
Xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM.

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.5.1.0.QFGMIXM/lavender_global_images_V12.5.1.0.QFGMIXM_20210711.0000.00_10.0_global_c3f12ecc3a.tgz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okoro99: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (8586) (8587) (8588) (8589) (8590) (8591) (8592) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mhizshelly and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.