Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9174408 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8592) (8593) (8594) (8595) (8596) (8597) (8598) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Arabella21(f): 10:43pm On Aug 22, 2021
sherozy:
Hi everyone. i just noticed that my Redmi note 7 Charging Port is no longer working. I need some recommendation on who can fix it. My location is Benin.
I can be of help
Just chat me up or call
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chloride6: 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
DestinyToRule:

Mine have no issue since I update to Android 11 plus miui 12.5.

Is ur Redmi note 9 have inbuilt call recording ...

Has 12.5 been rolled out to Note 9 Pro?

Seems I'm one of the few who haven't gotten it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
chloride6:

Has 12.5 been rolled out to Note 9 Pro?

Seems I'm one of the few who haven't gotten it?

Nope. RN9 Pro is yet to get MIUI 12.5

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tosaino95(m): 5:48am On Aug 23, 2021
Redmi 9 Or Redmi Note 8
in term of gaming and heating.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Davechuks360(m): 6:39am On Aug 23, 2021
genius43:

What happened to 3.5mm Jack Headphones?

Nothing. Just asking.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2021
thatebonyiboy:
Good evening guys.

Few weeks back, I changed the screen of my RN7 everything seemed good and fine till the next day, the network started going off and on. I'd have to restart the phone before the network would come up. I took it back to the repaired and he said nothing was wrong as the antenna was still intact.

The next day, the phone started having difficulty charging. It doesn't charge when it's on. I hAve to switch it off, before it can charge. And it takes close to 6 hours before I get 1% charge on it. This is really frustrating. If it runs down to 0 it would take the whole day before it gets to 1%.

Please what could be wrong? The battery, the charging port or software issues?

None of the above. The technician is the problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2021
thatebonyiboy:
Good evening guys.

Few weeks back, I changed the screen of my RN7 everything seemed good and fine till the next day, the network started going off and on. I'd have to restart the phone before the network would come up. I took it back to the repaired and he said nothing was wrong as the antenna was still intact.

The next day, the phone started having difficulty charging. It doesn't charge when it's on. I have to switch it off, before it can charge. And it takes close to 6 hours before I get 1% charge on it. This is really frustrating. If it runs down to 0 it would take the whole day before it gets to 1%.

Definitely your technician. This is why I don't repair phones. From one wahala to another.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2021
micxwell:

Definitely your technician. This is why I don't repair phones. From one wahala to another.

Oshey, big man. Abeg gimme some of your old devices make I repair dey flex boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 10:04am On Aug 23, 2021
Auskyd:

Oshey, big man. Abeg gimme some of your old devices make I repair dey flex boss
It's not about being big bro.
I use my devices well enough for me to sell them at a fairly good price. I sell, add money and buy another.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2021
thatebonyiboy:
Good evening guys.

The next day, the phone started having difficulty charging. It doesn't charge when it's on. I hAve to switch it off, before it can charge. And it takes close to 6 hours before I get 1% charge on it. This is really frustrating. If it runs down to 0 it would take the whole day before it gets to 1%.

The charging board is faulty you will need to change it
Contact me on Whatsapp or call me on 09014566031

Location is ikeja

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2021
blaquemyc:
do you have for redmi 9t with frame, if yes, how much?

I have
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
genius43:

What happened to 3.5mm Jack Headphones?
He wants to explore that option smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
Who get case for Pixel 3a abeg? This phone go soon fall from my hand sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Randerl: 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by palmshots: 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
Which would you rather go for
REDMI NOTE 10 pro or iPhone xsmax.
Abeg I know this no be apple thread but I know there are people who has used both or either of the two.
Neva used a apple product before but I'm thinking of trying it out with this xsmax but the Redmi note 10 pro spec dey make me dey confused
Make Una advice me abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by palmshots: 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
Randerl:

Abi mk I wait for this product no. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftt(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Randerl:
I guess it's got to be redmi 10 series
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by etibaba(m): 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
grin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hakeem12(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
ityP:
Who get case for Pixel 3a abeg? This phone go soon fall from my hand sad
lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
bukolo:
So in essence, poco F3 is a win win. Thanks so much
Do you have a seller in mind to get the poco f3 from
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2021
palmshots:
Abeg I know this no be apple thread but I know there are people who has used both or either of the two.
Neva used a apple product before but I'm thinking of trying it out with this xsmax but the Redmi note 10 pro spec dey make me dey confused
Make Una advice me abeg

Hope you're the simplistic kind of person. If not, iPhone no be for you o. The key thing to consider is whether you're comfortable getting a used phone where no guarantee exists, abi a new phone wey your mind go rest small. Honestly, apart from the swag of it, the Redmi Note 10 pro should serve you well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hakeem12:
lol

Help your brother grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BlueBanana: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hello guys.

I'm in need of urgent help in deciding between Redmi 9 and Redmi note 7 pro.

My main concern is the camera. Which one has a better camera. Also I found out that the Redmi note 7 pro has a shared SD card slot ( which means you can't put two Sims and an SD card at once.). I will like to know if there is any way I can manoeuvre that. I have heard of hybrid SIM trays, I want to know whether that can work on the 7 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
BlueBanana:
Hello guys.

I'm in need of urgent help in deciding between Redmi 9 and Redmi note 7 pro.

My main concern is the camera. Which one has a better camera. Also I found out that the Redmi note 7 pro has a shared SD card slot ( which means you can't put two Sims and an SD card at once.). I will like to know if there is any way I can manoeuvre that. I have heard of hybrid SIM trays, I want to know whether that can work on the 7 pro

Kukuma close eyes and buy the Redmi Note 10.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BlueBanana: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2021
genius43:

Kukuma close eyes and buy the Redmi Note 10.

Na money wey no dey Baba. I for even like buy mi 11 ultra as I too like camera grin grin

But can a Hybrid SIM adapter be used in the 7 pro. Has anyone done it.

Is the Redmi 9 camera better, im just confused embarassed embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
BlueBanana:

grin grin Na money wey no dey Baba. I for even like buy mi 11 ultra as I too like camera

But can a Hybrid SIM adapter be used in the 7 pro. Has anyone done it.

Redmi Note 7 Pro.
1. It is China and India exclusive meaning availability is one thing and LTE Bands compatibility especially for the Indian Model.

2. That device is old and support for it is at the ending phase.

3. If you get a used version know that battery deterioration should be one of the first things to worry about.

Be smart about your choices.

Hybrid adapters are inconvenient and most times spoils with any slight manhandling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BlueBanana: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2021
genius43:

Redmi Note 7 Pro.
1. It is China and India exclusive meaning availability is one thing and LTE Bands compatibility especially for the Indian Model.

2. That device is old and support for it is at the ending phase.

3. If you get a used version know that battery deterioration should be one of the first things to worry about.

Be smart about your choices.

Hybrid adapters are inconvenient and most times spoils with any slight manhandling

Thanks for this bro. You just may have saved me from something sinister

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2021

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2021
Mustiboy:

You're funny.

Your device is a low-end/entry-level offering from Xiaomi. That is, a device made for people on a budget, people wey no get money

I know you spent 70k on this device, but don't be surprised this phone of yours would sell for less tha n 50k if not for the recent deterioration of our dear currency.

So, if you must compare Xiaomi to Apple, do so with their upper midrange or high-end offerings, not a phone you bought for 70k.

I'm saying this because I know someone who bought ordinary Redmi 9 and was screaming out of his lungs to anyone who cared to listen that Xiaomi is far better than Apple, Samsung, etc. He even said the camera beats that of the iPhone 11.

Imagine arriving at such verdict with a phone that cost less than $150. Nobody says shouldn't love Xiaomi, but some of you just overdo it.

If you wanna know how truly amazing XIAOMI devices are, go for their high-end smartphones, each of which falls within the price bracket of 200k to 580k.

And FYI, Xiaomi has one device that is far better (emphasis on "far better" ) than the supposedly best device iPhone 12 Pro Max by Nigerian standards, Fanboyism, and gullibility. That phone is MI 11 Ultra, and it's sold for ₦560k or thereabout.

If you buy that one and start comparison, I'll be proud of you and support your bragging with one bag of beans.
lmao but my note 10 pro stands against the iPhone 11 and 11 pro

Confirmed it over and over again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chloride6: 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2021
Cannonleo:

I like Xiaomi ooh but na lie be this..

It's like saying Samsung A52 is in the same league with iPhone 11.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Slizzords: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2021
palmshots:
Make Una advice me abeg
How can you compare them lol. The iPhone xsmax is better than Redmi note 10 pro, no cap bro. Xsmax is also more expensive too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Slizzords: 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2021
Cannonleo:

Stands against it in what way bikonu??.. abeg let's stop all this yeye comparisons. I use a redmi note 10 pro too for FFS and it's not in anyway comparable to the iPhone 11 let alone 11pro. Redmi note 10 pro is midrange stuff, it's just like comparing Samsung a52 to Samsung s20plus that's just ridiculous.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8592) (8593) (8594) (8595) (8596) (8597) (8598) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.