Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8697) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9165381 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8694) (8695) (8696) (8697) (8698) (8699) (8700) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 11Anonymous(m): 7:40am On Oct 23, 2021
Hormor14:
Who uses poco x3 pro how is the experience I want to switch from an iPhone X what’s the advice
There are reports of ghost touches in X3 pro. Do your research and decide, I'm sure it's not so serious.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2021
Ckbilic:
...we aren't using the same phone. I said my phone. That's why I need help
Your body is too hot. Find coldwater pour for body

My son uses the phone and he is the one that tells me which bpn is smiling
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 7:47am On Oct 23, 2021
11Anonymous:
There are reports of ghost touches in X3 pro. Do your research and decide, I'm sure it's not so serious.
I haven't experienced that on my device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 8:01am On Oct 23, 2021
Samcoflex75:

It is not a small issue o,I hate it mehn, after making calls, you can't end the call because the screen will refuse to come on until the other party ends the call from his end
oga remove your screen protector with black stripe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samcoflex75(m): 8:08am On Oct 23, 2021
pharmtasy:

Configure you phone to end call with the power button

How can I do that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sijo01(f): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2021
Tried rebooting my 9t and it refuses to come back to life thereafter cry cry Been phoneless for over 2 weeks cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lesbihornest(f): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2021
elantraceey:

Just for clarity, 12.5.8?

Yes. I'm on 12.5.8 or has another update been rolled out?
Even if they correct the issue, I have PTSD with this phone and will still sell it grin
Note 11 on my mind.

The lack of Snapdragon on the rumoured note 11 doesn't scare me. I used a note 8 pro and it was a sweet sweet phone. Smooth bae kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lesbihornest(f): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2021
womenareapess:
if you are using a screen protector with black stripe. It distort the proximity sensor! Try removing the screen protector or screen guard with black stripe and use normal transparent screen protector
I'm not even using a screen protector. This is a hard ware issue very common with the note 10pro.
But thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:39am On Oct 23, 2021
Sijo01:
Tried rebooting my 9t and it refuses to come back to life thereafter cry cry Been phoneless for over 2 weeks cry

Take it to a service center or meet Repairguru if you don't have the patience to wait for the service center (Raya) to fix it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sijo01(f): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2021
genius43:

Take it to a service center or meet Repairguru if you don't have the patience to wait for the service center (Raya) to fix it.

I've done that Boss. Been with them all along; called to get update yesterday, the guy said its awaiting board replacement.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2021
Lesbihornest:

Even if they correct the issue, I have PTSD with this phone and will still sell it grin
Note 11 on my mind.

The lack of Snapdragon on the rumoured note 11 doesn't scare me. I used a note 8 pro and it was a sweet sweet phone. Smooth baekiss
I don't have any issues with Dimensity Soc too

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2021
Samcoflex75:

How can I do that

See screenshots

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 9:52am On Oct 23, 2021
kavey10:

Thank you for the tips but I did a factory reset and everything is working great! Love the phone, I was shocked something as minute as this could be an issue.

Thank you everyone for your tips and concern.
nice. It's sometimes an issue on mobile devices (mostly Android), because of the weird way Microsoft implemented device certificate verification. The problem wasn't really your phone itself. You should be glad you didn't sell it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2021
sajmark:

There's difference between chinko company and chinko company that might die off soon...
Xiaomi is a chinko company while umidigi is a chinko company that might die off soon, it's just an example but I hope you catch the drift.

Yes bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2021
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

Access.

Access works too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dinzelflash(m): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2021
Ckbilic:
[b][/b]
Help
My Redmi 9C do not work with (Ha tunnel)VPN browsing cheat.
What can be wrong.
Same app works well with my Redmi note 5A prime.
Please help
has hatunnel started working with cheat now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 10:17am On Oct 23, 2021
Hormor14:
Who uses poco x3 pro how is the experience I want to switch from an iPhone X what’s the advice
Check Poco F3, you will love it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 10:19am On Oct 23, 2021
leTrizzle:

Same update I have and still experience the proximity sensor ish.

Maybe I'm lucky then.... Mine reduced drastically after the update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2021
Lesbihornest:

Note 11 on my mind.

The lack of Snapdragon on the rumoured note 11 doesn't scare me. I used a note 8 pro and it was a sweet sweet phone. Smooth bae kiss

Lol .... Cool, I like using my phone for long before changing except I get a gift. I don't like selling phone and I get siblings so its to use till I'm very tired and give it to them.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:24am On Oct 23, 2021
Sijo01:

I've done that Boss. Been with them all along; called to get update yesterday, the guy said its awaiting board replacement.

Alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2021
Slizzords:
I dunno what's so special about iPhones honestly ,asides the camera and the "hailings" you get.. am already getting tired of this iPhone 11 I just got .

I don dey miss my Redmi note 9S despite the fact that I haven't even sold it yet.

This your style eehh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:38am On Oct 23, 2021
Lesbihornest:
my phone is up to date.

The Whatsapp voicenote issue and proximity sensor is still there.
that what'sapp voice note issue just started on my redmi note 5,ibdint think it's note 10 pro issue alone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
Lesbihornest:
my phone is up to date.

The Whatsapp voicenote issue and proximity sensor is still there.

It happens on my Note 10S also
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
sajmark:

There's difference between chinko company and chinko company that might die off soon...
Xiaomi is a chinko company while umidigi is a chinko company that might die off soon, it's just an example but I hope you catch the drift.

Any company can die off at anytime. Take a clue from Black Berry, HTC etc... even the Almighty Nokia was almost washed down the drain. And all these are mega companies that are miles ahead of Xiaomi. Xiaomi can also get it wrong at some point and die off.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
Sijo01:

This is becoming unbecoming from Xiaomi. One boy was boasting of how Xiaomi company can never die the other time. But let me tell you, with issues like this, they will lose customers rapidly and die off. The Redmi 9T is a colossal failure from Xiaomi.

LG smartphone company died due to similar issues. Their phones were notorious for boot loops, they failed to address this issue and their customers ran out of patience. Today LG smartphones have become history.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 11Anonymous(m): 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2021
pharmtasy:

I haven't experienced that on my device
Alright bro. He should contact you to know more about the device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kendryck12: 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2021
peteregwu:

Bros, how was it? Any problem getting the phone here in Nigeria...i mean custom issue and did you get the phone delivered to you via Nigerian Post office?

Please how did you go about custom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2021
Summoned courage today and updated... It's all good here

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

Any positive update?
just finished downloading the update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunkyphil(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2021
Sijo01:
how old is ur phone And wat was the last update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SILENTandSMART2: 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
My phone always dance i don't know why .....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sijo01(f): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
Sunkyphil:
how old is ur phone And wat was the last update

8 months old. was upto date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8694) (8695) (8696) (8697) (8698) (8699) (8700) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.