Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9201879 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8698) (8699) (8700) (8701) (8702) (8703) (8704) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
parkervero:
Guys, what features make this brand so popular?

I have #85k wey I wan take buy fone but I'm stuck with this popularity of xiaomi.

I no wan regret

Is gionee product good?

Imagine talking about gionee when you have good quality phones like Samsung, xiaomi, Nokia, Huawei. Abeg, stick to xiaomi and never go for gionee. There is no difference between gionee and tecno.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grudges: 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
Tiger2020:
note 9 pro
if that is the case i will add sth nd buy note 9 pro,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Any redmi 9T user on Android 11?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
parkervero:

I have #85k wey I wan take buy fone but I'm stuck with this popularity of xiaomi.

I no wan regret

Is gionee product good?

Gionee has been known to be better than Tecno, but Xiaomi beats them both hands down.
The popularity you talked about is because it gives value for money.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OkukoIgbo: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
grudges:
I want to buy redmit within the range of 80,000 - 100,000 suggest me a better one pls, thanks

Which red meat you wan buy; goat meat or cow meat?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OkukoIgbo: 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Emjace:
I need an answer to this
I wanted to buy a used mi note 10 lite and the seller showed me a video of what happened to his phone after he updated to miui 12.0.3, that the screen started flickering and Xiaomi said the will fix it by future updates...
Please how true is this? could he be lying after spoiling the screen? And who is using the said phone? Thanks

That is hardware problem noting software can correct, run from that phone at once.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 11Anonymous(m): 2:58am On Oct 26, 2021
parkervero:

I no wan regret

Is gionee product good?
Your choice bro. Gionee is good too, they make good hardware, but they don't send software or security updates to their phones, not even 1.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 6:14am On Oct 26, 2021
peteregwu:

Imagine talking about gionee when you have good quality phones like Samsung, xiaomi, Nokia, Huawei. Abeg, stick to xiaomi and never go for gionee. There is no difference between gionee and tecno.
This day's Tecno is better than this day's Gionee bro, Gionee is gone.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 6:17am On Oct 26, 2021
sajmark:

This day's Tecno is better than this day's Gionee bro, Gionee is gone.

I thought as much. Even if I am to choose between tecno and gionee, I won't hesitate to chose tecno.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 6:20am On Oct 26, 2021
parkervero:

I no wan regret

Is gionee product good?
Please don't buy gionee, with your budget you can get previous Samsung flagships in Mint condition, check out for good deals on used Redmi phones in the market store or just go for the redmi 10 sef... Gionee is not what it was.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bimbod(m): 6:30am On Oct 26, 2021
Hello everyone, I just got the Redmi 9a last week, good phone to use for now. After getting the phone I started checking things I can do on it then I discovered I can change some things by changing region, well, I did so and also changed my font. I was prompted to to restart the phone, I did, and next thing the phone didn't boot fully, It stopped at at the miui logo. I was frustrated and up till now I have fear for the miui software. I'm scared of doing anything on this phone because it's still new and I would love to change the font but because of that first experience, I don't know again. What do y'all think might be the problem?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:33am On Oct 26, 2021
bimbod:
Hello everyone, I just got the Redmi 9a last week, good phone to use for now. After getting the phone I started checking things I can do on it then I discovered I can change some things by changing region, well, I did so and also changed my font. I was prompted to to restart the phone, I did, and next thing the phone didn't boot fully, It stopped at at the miui logo. I was frustrated and up till now I have fear for the miui software. I'm scared of doing anything on this phone because it's still new and I would love to change the font but because of that first experience, I don't know again. What do y'all think might be the problem?

You probably picked an incompatible font. And when it was stuck in the MIUI Logo you should have held the power button for 10-15 seconds to force restart.

And if you haven't updated your device better do.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bimbod(m): 6:36am On Oct 26, 2021
genius43:

You probably picked an incompatible font. And when it was stuck in the MIUI Logo you should have held the power button for 10-15 seconds to force restart.

And if you haven't updated your device better do.

How do I know which font is compatible or not? Also the phone was restarting by itself but wouldn't boot fully, it would just show white and restart again.

Also I've not gotten update for 12.5 I'm still in 12.0.6 and it's just what I'm given.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:42am On Oct 26, 2021
bimbod:

How do I know which font is compatible or not? Also the phone was restarting by itself but wouldn't boot fully, it would just show white and restart again.

Also I've not gotten update for 12.5 I'm still in 12.0.6 and it's just what I'm given.

Thanks

Hold power Button and up button and do a factory reset. Just look at fonts that has a high number of downloads, you won't go wrong with those ones.

And 12.0.16 is the latest firmware for Redmi 9a.

MIUI 12.5 and Android 11 hasn't gotten to the Global Units.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 6:52am On Oct 26, 2021
OkukoIgbo:

That is hardware problem noting software can correct, run from that phone at once.
thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grudges: 7:03am On Oct 26, 2021
OkukoIgbo:

Which red meat you wan buy; goat meat or cow meat?
grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 11Anonymous(m): 7:30am On Oct 26, 2021
bimbod:
Factory reset, you'll be back to normal
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by richy02(m): 8:30am On Oct 26, 2021
Please,I need a redmi technician, my note 8 doesn't charge anymore, when I plug it, it shows battery sign and charging sign but just doenst charge. Please it's urgent...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bimbod(m): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2021
11Anonymous:
Factory reset, you'll be back to normal

Yes I've done that and it's good.. I just have fear of downloading another font
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bimbod(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2021
genius43:

Hold power Button and up button and do a factory reset. Just look at fonts that has a high number of downloads, you won't go wrong with those ones.

And 12.0.16 is the latest firmware for Redmi 9a.

MIUI 12.5 and Android 11 hasn't gotten to the Global Units.

Alright. Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:19am On Oct 26, 2021
richy02:
Please,I need a redmi technician, my note 8 doesn't charge anymore, when I plug it, it shows battery sign and charging sign but just doenst charge. Please it's urgent...

Check your Charging brick and USB Cord first
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 10kgod(m): 10:54am On Oct 26, 2021
Xiaomi users, does redmi note 9 get dual homepage

I want to taste redmi product

Modified.

And please Redmi Note 10 too...

I need price range from gurus here for both phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2021
10kgod:
Xiaomi users, does redmi note 9 get dual homepage

I want to taste redmi product

Modified.

And please Redmi Note 10 too...

I need price range from gurus here for both phones.

I don't know what Dual Homepage is. It is alien to me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WhatCanIsay(m): 11:41am On Oct 26, 2021
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 11Anonymous(m): 11:47am On Oct 26, 2021
bimbod:

Yes I've done that and it's good.. I just have fear of downloading another font
Fear not bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tingFanG: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2021
I just got this device. Mi note 10 pro. Is this battery normal at the level?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by richy02(m): 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
genius43:

Check your Charging brick and USB Cord first

I have used different chargers and it's same, I'm tired really, is there a place in Lagos I can get it fixed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2021
richy02:

I have used different chargers and it's same, I'm tired really, is there a place in Lagos I can get it fixed?

Raya service centre, in Ikeja, Saka Tinubu or Third-party solutions like Repairpalng, Repairguru, Igemburg(You can search for their profiles)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
richy02:

Could be battery or charging board. We have both available. 08137013426, 08121235355, 07087154931
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheLoanGuy: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
richy02:
Change the USB cord and use the original charger. Same thing happened with my note 8 a few weeks back, luckily I had another USB cord (an original one but not follow come) at home with me, once I changed the cord, it started charging normal.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pannyman(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
bbeckky:
Pls like how much did you pay at the post office or did you have any custom issue?

I didn't pay anything. It was delivered by Speedaf.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 10kgod(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
genius43:

I don't know what Dual Homepage is. It is alien to me.

Like 2 windows stuff....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8698) (8699) (8700) (8701) (8702) (8703) (8704) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.