Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9253546 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8714) (8715) (8716) (8717) (8718) (8719) (8720) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SPDAZZY(f): 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2021
purplekayc:
this one?

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2021
Airtel always deceives us. I saw this data plan 3k for 20gb without knowing that it's divided into 10k main data and 10k for bonus. Idiot.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by techycontents(m): 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2021
Who want to sell Redmi Note 10 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WycliffeSMB(m): 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
Guys, Good evening.
Please, I need your OPINION.

I want to buy a used Redmi Note 9s (6gb/128gb). Its 5months old, clean and comes with Box and charger. I Offered 75k but the seller insists on 80k.

Please, how Fair is this deal?

N/B: This would be my first Redmi phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sampete(m): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2021
Guys recently, My RN10 starts reloading apps Everytime I minimize. For instance I am working with two apps, I minimize one and switch to the other and then I try to come back to the app only to see it trying to open from the beginning. This is very annoying. Is there anything I can do about it?

Cc genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Postboiswag(m): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2021
Any Redmi phone seller here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2021
Postboiswag:
Any Redmi phone seller here?

Go to the Xiaomi Thread Store in the Technology market section
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
sampete:
Guys recently, My RN10 starts reloading apps Everytime I minimize. For instance I am working with two apps, I minimize one and switch to the other and then I try to come back to the app only to see it trying to open from the beginning. This is very annoying. Is there anything I can do about it?

Cc genius.43

What is the size of your RAM and you did not state the apps you were using.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kanoski(m): 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2021
Guys pls I need help..
I just got call of duty from a friend this evening..
He sent me the app n the raw files .
Now I am having difficulty of moving the raw files to the obb n data respectivly through the file manager...
Pls how do I go about this guys?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kanoski:
Guys pls I need help..
I just got call of duty from a friend this evening..
He sent me the app n the raw files .
Now I am having difficulty of moving the raw files to the obb n data respectivly through the file manager...
Pls how do I go about this guys?

Use a third party manager like Solid Explorer or Mixplorer Silver
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrJavaS: 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
olayinkajnr:

The reverse is the case actually. But I'm not ready to dive into the economics of how a 70k new Xiaomi device is cheaper than a 60k transsion device or how a 60k new xiaomi device is better than a 70k new transsion device.

There is no 60k xioami device of 2GB + 32GB with a decent camera. If you have 60k the best you can get is redmi 9a which is cool except for it's wack camera.

I'm not a fan of transition devices but at least 55k can get you a spark 5 which has decent specs

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2021
MrJavaS:

There is no 60k xioami device of 2GB + 32GB with a decent camera. If you have 60k the best you can get is redmi 9a which is cool except for it's wack camera.

I'm not a fan of transition devices but at least 55k can get you a spark 5 which has decent specs

Spark 5 is not better than Redmi 9A, 9C, Redmi 8A, Redmi 7 or even Redmi 7A. You can't comprehend because it seems you are only camera centric and have no idea of the in and outs of smartphones. Still, I can confidently say that you are only wowed by oversaturation which most transsion devices offer.

Redmi 9A have a better camera than spark 5

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2021
Good evening all..downloaded a 12.5 update for my redmi note 9 pro global version but it keeps telling me "cant verify update" when i try updating manually..abeg any idea what the issue might be?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
MrJavaS:

So you believe spark 5 is better than Redmi 9A ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiztonio(m): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
Meister:

So you believe spark 5 is better than Redmi 9A ?
Thanks for that note 10 lite bro… works like charm
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
davit:
I have this challenge too. Gone are those days when you can stock your Ali wallet. Mi 11 Ultra on my mind now. But the price is above 1k USD.

Need to let go my Mi Note 10. But I need to buy the 11 ultra physically here in Naija. I don't trust all this pre order thing.

How much are you selling your mi note 10 and the spec?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2021
Jerry59:
Redmi users, I need help here pls.

Got a Redmi 10 recently but any time I try to log into my crypt0 trading apps. The verification code needed to gain entry never gets delivered to my phone. Tried to use another phone to check and it went smooth but never on my Redmi undecided cry

How do I resolve this pls?

I have this same problem untill I use voice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:33am On Nov 07, 2021
Please Xiaomi family, I need your opinion on this...

I am one of the luckiest guy on Redmi 9T so far, but anytime I think or remember what people are going through about the phone it really scared me and it makes me want to let go of my phone.

I have developed this love for Xiaomi and I have been planning to upgrade to another one, but I can't afford to spend much on second phone. I call it second phone because I have iPhone 11 pro that I don't even put SIM inside but its what I hold when at movie industry or political gathering, The redmi do the most task.

Now the main issue is that I have seen people that want to buy for 65k but not ready to let go for that cheap amount, again if I let go, the phone am eyeing is yet to release global version (Redmi 11 pro )which I don't even know price to come with, and I can't afford more than 120k for second phone...

The question now is...

1, should I have faith and hold on to my Redmi 9T till am able to buy my Redmi 11 pro or I should let go as not to lose out on it when it's issues come up?

2, is it good for 65k? (Will be 9 months by this ending).

3, when likely should we be expecting Redmi 11 pro global version?
Thanks to you all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sampete(m): 4:04am On Nov 07, 2021
genius43:

What is the size of your RAM and you did not state the apps you were using.
The ram is 4gb and I was either using WhatsApp and chrome browser or WhatsApp and Ucmini browser for downloading.

There are very few apps in the phone, basically just WhatsApp, Chrome, Instagram and some minor apps that don't use much of ram space.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:23am On Nov 07, 2021
sampete:
The ram is 4gb and I was either using WhatsApp and chrome browser or WhatsApp and Ucmini browser for downloading.

There are very few apps in the phone, basically just WhatsApp, Chrome, Instagram and some minor apps that don't use much of ram space.

Chrome is a very heavy software even on PC.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:26am On Nov 07, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:
Please Xiaomi family, I need your opinion on this...

I am one of the luckiest guy on Redmi 9T so far, but anytime I think or remember what people are going through about the phone it really scared me and it makes me want to let go of my phone.

I have developed this love for Xiaomi and I have been planning to upgrade to another one, but I can't afford to spend much on second phone. I call it second phone because I have iPhone 11 pro that I don't even put SIM inside but its what I hold when at movie industry or political gathering, The redmi do the most task.

Now the main issue is that I have seen people that want to buy for 65k but not ready to let go for that cheap amount, again if I let go, the phone am eyeing is yet to release global version (Redmi 11 pro )which I don't even know price to come with, and I can't afford more than 120k for second phone...

The question now is...

1, should I have faith and hold on to my Redmi 9T till am able to buy my Redmi 11 pro or I should let go as not to lose out on it when it's issues come up?

2, is it good for 65k? (Will be 9 months by this ending).

3, when likely should we be expecting Redmi 11 pro global version?
Thanks to you all

Redmi Note 11 Pro.

Redmi Note series is different from Normal Redmi series

E.g Redmi Note 10 is different from Redmi 10.

If your phone has no issues thus far I don't see the fear. Hold your phone for the time being.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrJavaS: 5:59am On Nov 07, 2021
olayinkajnr:

Spark 5 is not better than Redmi 9A, 9C, Redmi 8A, Redmi 7 or even Redmi 7A. You can't comprehend because it seems you are only camera centric and have no idea of the in and outs of smartphones. Still, I can confidently say that you are only wowed by oversaturation which most transsion devices offer.

Redmi 9A have a better camera than spark 5
I meant to say spark 7 not 5.
According to gsmarena it has an octa core mtk chipset too.

I also like redmi 9c but I'm not sure the camera is different from 9a
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:15am On Nov 07, 2021
MrJavaS:

I meant to say spark 7 not 5.
According to gsmarena it has an octa core mtk chipset too.

I also like redmi 9c but I'm not sure the camera is different from 9a

Spark 7 is not also better than any of the mentioned phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 9:42am On Nov 07, 2021
sandammy:
Protein0 delivered the RN10P today, but I can't move my PES2021 file from my previous phone to the obb of new device. Something about Android 11 restrictions. Kindly help
It was a good decision buying this phone when I did for 124.5k. I would have been in emotional distress had I not buy it then considering the price tag now.
Nothing in this country ever obey the law of gravitational force. Thanks to GTB for loaning me 100k grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by purplekayc(m): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2021
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SPDAZZY(f): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2021
purplekayc:

https://blog.mi.com/en/2021/03/30/introducing-mi-mix-fold-xiaomis-first-foldable-smartphone/

OK thanks. Seems you already purchased one. How much did you get it? What's its performance like?

Interested!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by davit: 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

120k. Firm. 6/128gb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by davit: 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

120k. Still in its pristine state with follow come carton. Firm. 6/128gb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orikoku: 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good day, @genius43 after updating my redmi note 10 5G to 12.5, I noticed that my battery health dropped to 26hrs instead of 52hrs. Any problem with it?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
orikoku:
Good day, @genius43 after updating my redmi note 10 5G to 12.5, I noticed that my battery health dropped to 26hrs instead of 52hrs. Any problem with it?

Nothing dropped. It is the security app that changed the estimation. I experienced same on my own device (RN10 Pro) and this was after updating my security app.

As for battery life no changes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orikoku: 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
genius43:

Nothing dropped. It is the security app that changed the estimation. I experienced same on my own device (RN10 Pro) and this was after updating my security app.

As for battery life no changes
thanks for prompt reply. Cheers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by purplekayc(m): 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
SPDAZZY:

OK thanks. Seems you already purchased one. How much did you get it? What's its performance like?

Interested!
actually I use a Xiaomi redmi 9s.
The pics were sent to me by a friend who works with slot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8714) (8715) (8716) (8717) (8718) (8719) (8720) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.