Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9178767 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8733) (8734) (8735) (8736) (8737) (8738) (8739) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexymonkey(m): 7:24am On Nov 20, 2021
Ofemmanutosure:

It means the delivery guy (Bamgboye Olakunle) could not reach your address or your phone so you have to go to speedaf office at alaba to pick your parcel.
Samyd18:

email them to know where your package is... it's a self picked up delivery
the item is a screen guard and the cost of going to Alaba
from Badagry would be more than the item grin the delivery guy is definitely a fóol if his reason for not delivering was my address, cos many delivery guys usually call me to pickup at roundabout. Hopefully my next item doesn't come through speedaf
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ofemmanutosure: 7:26am On Nov 20, 2021
sexymonkey:
from Badagry would be more than the item grin the delivery guy is definitely a fóol if his reason for not delivering was my address, cos many delivery guys usually call me to pickup at roundabout. Hopefully my next item doesn't come through speedaf

I am actually not too sure about that. Can you just track the item on speedaf dot com to see if there is an update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mosopzy23: 7:27am On Nov 20, 2021
ThePrekky:
Battle of the Amoled screens grin
OnePlus Vs Xiaomi

Guess which is which

How do I get this wallpapers bro. Really love them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexymonkey(m): 7:29am On Nov 20, 2021
Ofemmanutosure:

I am actually not too sure about that. Can you just track the item on speedaf dot com to see if there is an update.
thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nbolaji(m): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2021
Good morning
Pls my redmi note 9 pro is stuck at redmi boot screen and won't come on or go off until the battery is runs out.

Please help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2021
pat077:
is the note 22 Pro now available in Nigeria?

I don't even think the global ROM is out yet.
We shall wait for it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2021
sexymonkey:

Unregistered items are self pickup
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2021
yak:

I don't even think the global ROM is out yet.
We shall wait for it

There may never be a Global ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2021
genius43:

Not all the time, they also bring mine to the office
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
How do I install Google Play services on my poco x3 pro. I've downloaded several apk but each time I try to install it says app not installed.
How can I fix this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sexymonkey(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
genius43:

They'll have to keep or return the item then cos there's no way I'll spend 4hours
on that terrible Badagry road to go get a screen protector.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilachiever(m): 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
sexymonkey:

Screen guard for which phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilachiever(m): 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
sexymonkey:
They'll have to keep or return the item then cos there's no way I'll spend 4hours
on that terrible Badagry road to go get a screen protector.

I can see that it's A7 Pro screen guard. If you don't mind, I have someone that needs it and stays close to Alaba.

#400 to and fro for the person.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
MrJavaS:

I meant to say spark 7 not 5.
According to gsmarena it has an octa core mtk chipset too.

I also like redmi 9c but I'm not sure the camera is different from 9a

I don't think you know the kind of people you are arguing with. These guys are Xiaomi marketers and they are doing what they have been paid for. Even if you bring iphone 13 pro max into the mix, they will still argue with you that Redmi9A is better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sofdoc1: 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
Joshkid:
It's a notification feature on the redmi note 10 series, You can turn it off here
Lolz...that's it. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hansomb: 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
RuneKingThor:

This is surprising.
No occasionally freezing when playing battle royale? Like sudden freeze when going 1v1?
I hardly play battle royale , I only play featured matches and multi-player mode, maybe that's why I don't experience lagging.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
MrJavaS:

Processors matter a lot... especially their cores.
For example the redmi 9a has an octa core processor while most transition devices within 65k max pricing have quad core processors.

I refused to buy a device (infinix hot 10i 32GB version) due to the fact that it doesn't even use MTK

The Engineers that make these phones ain't fools. They put alot of things into consideration before choosing the processor and other components so that at the end of the day, there is little or no noticeable difference(s) between devices of close/similar price range, no matter the brand you are comparing.

I have used hot 5 before and now 9A. and I can tell you that there is no noticeable difference between the two even though guys here will prefer to argue in favour of anything that comes out of Xiaomi.

My 9A lags and hangs and cannot hold applications in the background. I experienced similar issues with hot 5. But I have a Samsung of just 1.5GB RAM and it outshines this 9A of 2GB RAM.

On my Samsung, I can leave a page opened in any of my browser for months and I will still meet it there anytime i open the app. I can minimize 5 apps and they will never close. But my 9A cannot handle just 2 apps successfully without reloading even after locking it in the background.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
zyphr:

Before April I guess. Bought it last week of march from the official store on jumia.

The phone is currently behaving like a human that's slowly dying. Camera has stopped working, chrome has stopped, all mi apps (note, calculator, video player, flashlight etc) have stopped. Other apps are beginning to freeze during usage. Hot-spot not working for me to even transfer my files via xender. This is so F**king frustrating.

Please do you have any suggestion/recommendation?

Na wa ooooo. But I thought this only happens to transsion devices
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
zyphr:

Made up not my mind not to update mine since most of the dead boot issues were reported after updates. As it stands, I'll just update and let the worst happen. Lastly, I'll just take it to raya care. This is sad though, I used Infinix Note 2 from July 2016 to April 2021 without a single update nor a major repair. I hyped Xiaomi so much that I even influenced my fried to get the 9t. Now I secretly pray he also does not have any issue with his device or he'll roast me. I can't even tell him mine is giving me issues.

Imagine. I am also regretting my own decision too. I have used two different infinix phones without a single complain until I switched to Xiaomi. I used to bring my issues here until it became too much for them to handle and they labelled me a troll.

I have learnt my lessons and I will never advice anyone to buy a Xiaomi phone. Instead they should go for Samsung. But if you are on a tight budget then go for Infinix. I am not a fan of Tecno or itel.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
id911:
I never use Xiaomi phone before, it's like some people are complaining on the few lines I've read here. Please are their phones okay? Which model, I mean new phone, can you my dear brothers recommend for a budget of about 70-90k? Thanks!

Go for Samsung.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
Privit:
How do I install Google Play services on my poco x3 pro. I've downloaded several apk but each time I try to install it says app not installed.
How can I fix this

What happened to the Google Play Services that came with?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sulaymanii09: 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Gentlrmen and ladies.... I just got my redmi 9A and it's okay... Is there are a way to improve the camera.... My only is the camera.... But all is okay for now...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by teeboyAkin(m): 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
chidoo4luv:
change battery
Okay thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
genius43:

What happened to the Google Play Services that came with?

No Google Play services came with it , just play store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
Privit:

No Google Play services came with it , just play store

If playstore came with then there is play services installed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Jazzman01:

On my Samsung, I can leave a page opened in any of my browser for months and I will still meet it there anytime i open the app.

I can't remember any phone I used in the last 6 years that couldn't do this , even my itel. So it's no feat.
Mind you I've used , tecno, Infinix, itel, Nokia, Motorola, Umudigi, Xiaomi, e.t.c. this is my first time using Xiaomi related brand ( poco) and it's better than tecno, Infinix and itel.
My only issue is this Google Play services that isn't on my phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
genius43:

If playstore came with then there is play services installed.

Honestly there's none
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RuneKingThor: 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
hansomb:

I hardly play battle royale , I only play featured matches and multi-player mode, maybe that's why I don't experience lagging.
Oh. The lagging usually happens in Battle royale. Other game mode are usually smooth.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Privit:

I can't remember any phone I used in the last 6 years that couldn't do this , even my itel. So it's no feat.
Mind you I've used , tecno, Infinix, itel, Nokia, Motorola, Umudigi, Xiaomi, e.t.c. this is my first time using Xiaomi related brand ( poco) and it's better than tecno, Infinix and itel.
My only issue is this Google Play services that isn't on my phone.

I mean without having to reload the page. Most phones will retain the address but not the content. Ofcourse my 9A and other infinix devices I have used in the past can retain the address for as long as possible only that the page will reload automatically whenever you click on it.

Retaining the content for as long as possible will require a large RAM size and also good RAM design because size doesn't really matter as I have heard guys using 4GB RAMs and above also complaining. A guy using the Redmi 10 complained bitterly about this problem some days ago on this thread.

So you can see it is not a small feat considering that the Samsung has just 1.5GB of RAM. Anyway you can always trust reputable brands like Samsung to have excellent RAM management.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sulaymanii09:
Gentlrmen and ladies.... I just got my redmi 9A and it's okay... Is there are a way to improve the camera.... My only is the camera.... But all is okay for now...

I like the last statement in your comment. "Ok for now"... My 9A was also very fluid at the beginning. Infact, it handled all my heavy apps like Chrome, Instagram, Tumblr etc as if I was running the lite versions of these apps until it started lagging and misbehaving after a month or so. Don't expect much from this device. It is mediocre.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chizip(m): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
hansomb:

I played battle Royal it lag free, though I played it on redmi 9 low setting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Privit:

Honestly there's none

Let me understand you clearly.

What do you mean by Google play services?

Go to Settings>Apps>Manage Apps> Tap on the 3 dots at the top right hand corner and click show system apps and search Google Play Services.

Screenshot and uploaded here.

This is hoping you are using MIUI un-tampered with

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8733) (8734) (8735) (8736) (8737) (8738) (8739) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.