Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9178057 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8750) (8751) (8752) (8753) (8754) (8755) (8756) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gergemam: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
Praxtech:

They can borrow money using your details

Hmmm!! Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
gergemam:
@Genius43

MY RedmiNote 9S just got stolen this morning and I am signed in on Xiaomi Cloud... Sheey the phone is Useless and I can see the phone last point was in Ijora, Lagos while the phone was stolen at Lekki Peninsula II, Ikate.

Any Idea on what needs to be done

Omo, this thing dey pain.... Sorry ooo..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
ayomidan:

Yes sir, not working.. No signal its what's written on the sim

It's happening to my phone too ... Redmi note 8, meanwhile you can browse, yeah ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
froshroy:

I am currently experiencing this same problem on my redmi note 8. How did you solve yours, bro?

It happens to mine too ... I'm using note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
maik99:
I just discovered redmi 8a is better than 9a

Wetin Xiaomi sm.oke?
Redmi 7 is better than anything Redmi 8 or Redmi 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KallmemrB0: 11:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
Praxtech:

nope. This is a lie.... Redmi 9 is, far ahead

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by allytinted: 12:15am On Dec 05, 2021
What redmi phone can I get with 70k naira
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 3:54am On Dec 05, 2021
KallmemrB0:
nope. This is a lie.... Redmi 9 is., far ahead
My preference remains unchanged. Nothing worth relieving my Redmi 7 for in Redmi 9 series
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2021
Is the redmi note 10 worth upgrading to?
For someone using a functional note 9.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KAM3KAZI: 7:29am On Dec 05, 2021
froshroy:

I am currently experiencing this same problem on my redmi note 8. How did you solve yours, bro?

Had to get this

pharmtasy:

This is the replacement part you need. Volume rocker plus power button flex
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pussyassniggar(f): 7:50am On Dec 05, 2021
Good morning everyone, please we've been looking for what is causing this issue on most phones (not only Xiaomi).
What causes pileups on the other (folder)
As you can see I still have enough space, so it's not free space remaining

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2021
Pussyassniggar:
Good morning everyone, please we've been looking for what is causing this issue on most phones (not only Xiaomi).
What causes pileups on the other (folder)
As you can see I still have enough space, so it's not free space remaining

It is peculiar to xiaomi. I have used different brands before and never encountered this shit until i switched to Xiaomi. It is just unfortunate, mine is going to about 15GB now and there's nothing i can do about it. I have searched online and downloaded several 3rd party apps to reveal this hidden files but to no avail.

Most of the junk files can be found in the MIUI folder but you cannot access all. some are cached files and can be deleted via app cleaner but no matter what you do, you can never reduce it to an insignificant level because a large number of them are inaccessible. The best i was able to get was 9GB after a thorough and painstaking search & delete operation.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pussyassniggar(f): 8:58am On Dec 05, 2021
Jazzman01:

It is peculiar to xiaomi. I have used different brands before and never encountered this shit until i switched to Xiaomi. It is just unfortunate, mine is going to about 15GB now and there's nothing i can do about it. I have searched online and downloaded several 3rd party apps to reveal this hidden files but to no avail.

Most of the junk files can be found in the MIUI folder but you cannot access all. some are cached files and can be deleted via app cleaner but no matter what you do, you can never reduce it to an insignificant level because a large portion of them are inaccessible. The best i was able to get was 9GB after a thorough and extensive search and delete operation.
I've used a Tecno pouvoir 3 air and it's there too
Modified- you can post some of the steps you took to delete the 9gb tho

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 9:06am On Dec 05, 2021
I recently noticed that my Redmi Note 9pro does not ring out when a call is coming in from local or WhatsApp calls. My alarm rings out though.
I've checked the relevant settings for call notification and it's all ok, can anyone help?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2021
crownedrookie:
Is the redmi note 10 worth upgrading to?
For someone using a functional note 9.

You will probably not find the Redmi Note 10 if you are looking for a brand new phone, just look ahead.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:36am On Dec 05, 2021
nabeans:
I recently noticed that my Redmi Note 9pro does not ring out when a call is coming in from local or WhatsApp calls. My alarm rings out though.
I've checked the relevant settings for call notification and it's all ok, can anyone help?

Force restart if you are certain all settings are in place.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by voraz(m): 10:21am On Dec 05, 2021
Good morning

My Redmi Note 10 Pro has had battery issues. I got it less than 6 months ago but now when I use mobile data, it heats up and drains in less than 4 hours.
Using mifi, it's a little better (could go up to 6-7 hours) but I expected more.

Any fixes?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:48am On Dec 05, 2021
voraz:
Good morning

My Redmi Note 10 Pro has had battery issues. I got it less than 6 months ago but now when I use mobile data, it heats up and drains in less than 4 hours.
Using mifi, it's a little better (could go up to 6-7 hours) but I expected more.

Any fixes?
have you updated it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
nabeans:
I've checked the relevant setti.ngs for call notification and it's all ok, can anyone help?
Go into your sounds and vibration. Check sound level therein
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
I've found its my DND setting that's responsible. I set it up wrongly. My bad.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mercuryb(m): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hello all, please how do I get split screen back on redmi 8. I can't seem to find it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stoney3813: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Praxtech:

My preference remains unchanged. Nothing worth relieving my Redmi 7 for in Redmi 9 series
This is this same way those RN7 guys talk. Some would even go as far saying 'RN7 is the last good device from redmi'.

If you haven't used them, stop placing your old device on a pedestal.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
Praxtech:

Have you used redmi 8 and 9?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leetylee: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
Redmi 6A and 8A is one of the best entry >>>> 9A
Design wise and system wise
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
yak:

My wife's Redmi 8 just died for no reason. Is it possible to fix it?
If yes, how do we talk?
I reside in Abeokuta

Holla @ 08133077936

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Blaqshield(m): 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
UPDATED2020:
heard a new transsion device is gonna launch with snapdragon 8gen1,dont know if its tecno or infinix cheesy
grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KallmemrB0: 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Praxtech:

no one said that tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KallmemrB0: 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
Jazzman01:

Most of the junk files can be found in the MIUI folder but you cannot access all. some are cached files and can be deleted via app cleaner but no matter what you do, you can never reduce it to an insignificant level because a large portion of them are inaccessible. The best i was able to get was 9GB after a thorough and extensive search and delete operation.
seriously most of you Don't do deep clean of your Gadgets... Those junks are mostly from whatsapp backup log file alot....

I basically do Deep clean twice a week

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
genius43:

You will probably not find the Redmi Note 10 if you are looking for a brand new phone, just look ahead.
??

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Stoney3813:

This is this same way those RN7 guys talk. Some would even go as far saying 'RN7 is the last good device from r.edmi'.

If you haven't used them, stop placing your old device on a pedestal.
Redmi 7 iterations is the high point for Xiaomi midrange devices
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by voraz(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Tiger2020:
have you updated it
I believe it's up to date

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
crownedrookie:

??

Overpriced to the highest level. RN10 isn't supposed to be more expensive than Redmi Note 10s

(1) (2) (3) ... (8750) (8751) (8752) (8753) (8754) (8755) (8756) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.