Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,732 members, 7,813,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9177938 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8754) (8755) (8756) (8757) (8758) (8759) (8760) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
Deelaw:

Pls have you updated to the latest miui 12.5.4?
If yes, what are the gains and regrets?
This your question ehn cheesy cheesy grin. Una wey dey find gains and regrets up and down. For me, I see the update, I download. EOD
Can't recall when I updated to this. All I know is that my phone is fine. The only thing I noticed is the adjustment to the screen recorder button.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolubo(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
How do I stop screen turning off during call on redmi 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
Hakeem12:
Got the edifier nb2 Pro yesterday, it's a good one for the price.
Pls how much did u purchase it and where?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
lordchiz:

Search for it on Jumia. You won't see pro, you will see only NB2 but Currently they are delivering only the pro model when you order the NB2

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seaboyzen: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
hansomb:

Forward ever, backward never.
I know what am saying
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
atheistandproud:

Excellent question

A question he doesn't have an answer to.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
olayinkajnr:

A question he doesn't have an answer to.

No reply till now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
kolubo:
How do I stop screen turning off during call on redmi 9

Switch to a torchlight phone. It doesn't have proximity sensor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hakeem12(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
lordchiz:

sorry for the late reply, got it on jumia, and like genuis.43 said, I only saw nb2, but I got the pro model. It's 26990.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
I received an update for 12.5 on my 9T.
Heaven knows I'm staying on 12.0.10 forever

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
holuwasheyiWGP:
I received an update for 12.5 on my 9T.
Heaven knows I'm staying on 12.0.10 forever

It won't save you if what you are afraid of wants to happen, I have repeatedly said it here that it is not a software problem.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolubo(m): 1:05am On Dec 09, 2021
Jemerson:

Switch to a torchlight phone. It doesn't have proximity sensor
If it doesn't have, why does the screen turn off when calling?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 09, 2021
Pussyassniggar:
Good morning everyone, please we've been looking for what is causing this issue on most phones (not only Xiaomi).
What causes pileups on the other (folder)
As you can see I still have enough space, so it's not free space remaining

I used an app( storage analyser) from Google store to clear most of the pile up in mine. It did a marvelous job, but in using it you have to be careful so you don't end up deleting important files on your phone.
You have to make sure you clear caches and not main files.
It helped me delete the caches from system app after I deleted caches from normal apps, it also deleted a lot of junk files deep clean couldn't, but it took a lot of time , cos you'd have to select them one by one.
The app helped me see what caused most of the pile up.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:16am On Dec 09, 2021
atheistandproud:

No reply till now

He no reach to answer am. Most of them go just come here type wvrooooooooom and run.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Midex88(m): 6:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Pls who else is experiencing this feature on their redmi note 10 gadget. "Do not cover the earphone area"
I have been seeing this, however, I don't know how to remove the feature because once it's comes all the phone screen will just go blank.

How can I deactivate the feature.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pussyassniggar(f): 6:30am On Dec 09, 2021
Privit:

I used an app( storage analyser) from Google store to clear most of the pile up in mine. It did a marvelous job, but in using it you have to be careful so you don't end up deleting important files on your phone.
It helped me delete the caches from system app after I deleted caches from normal apps, it also deleted a lot of junk files deep clean couldn't, but it took a lot of time , cos you'd have to select them one by one.
Wow... Thanks so much I'll try it out
Modified: is it the first app on the screenshot... It just occurred to me that it's "storage" analyzed you wrote
Jeez what's wrong with me

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2021
Midex88:
Pls who else is experiencing this feature on their redmi note 10 gadget. "Do not cover the earphone area"
I have been seeing this, however, I don't know how to remove the feature because once it's comes all the phone screen will just go blank.

How can I deactivate the feature.

Turn off pocket mode

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pussyassniggar(f): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2021
Privit:

Boss I just did it now
It cleared the others folder to some extent
The app says 26mb left
But file manager says 3gb left
It seems we don't just have control over that

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 09, 2021
Pussyassniggar:

Boss I just did it now
It cleared the others folder to some extent
The app says 26mb left
But file manager says 3gb left
It seems we don't just have control over that

Did you clear caches from downloaded apps like Instagram, FB,opera mini?,e.t.c . Did you also clear caches from system apps? If you did it should reduce it more. Also there might be duplicates and residuals that might need deleting, which should further reduce it.
However it can't clear all, cos there are files that are useful in your phone that are classified amongst other, so be careful while deleting, so you don't delete important files.
Mine cleared a little above 4gb of other files. The rest where files I Iater found out were important,which I couldn't delete.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2021
Hakeem12:
sorry for the late reply, got it on jumia, and like genuis.43 said, I only saw nb2, but I got the pro model. It's 26990.
Aiit.....tnks man!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pussyassniggar(f): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2021
Privit:

Did you clear caches from downloaded apps like Instagram, FB,opera mini?,e.t.c . Did you also clear caches from system apps? If you did it should reduce it more. Also there might be duplicates and residuals that might need deleting, which should further reduce it.
However it can't clear all, cos there are files that are useful in your phone that are classified amongst other, so be careful while deleting, so you don't delete important files.
Mine cleared a little above 4gb of other files. The rest where files I Iater found out were important,which I couldn't delete.
Alright I'll check and be careful too
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dellaziz(m): 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
PLEASE
WHO KNOWS ANYBODY THAT CAN REPLACE OR REPAIR A REDMI PHONE ( MI A2 LITE/ REDMI 6 PRO)

IN ILORIN OR IBADAN!!!

VERY IMPORTANT
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeloGist(m): 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hakeem12:

Please is this better than oraimo airpods?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pussyassniggar(f): 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Good day everyone
Please I was thinking of changing the battery of my phone cos I've noticed some significant changes in the battery life, I had even updated it, recalibrated it all to no positive response
My question is if I change it will it improve in lasting longer
Phone in question is the redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
olayinkajnr:

He no reach to answer am. Most of them go just come here type wvrooooooooom and run.
It has not gotten to this na, that is just my observation and he has answered me, which I have taken as a correction, run to where ?, It is just that I don't like to type much, but I am always on this thread as a reader. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
Seyilome:

It has not gotten to this na, that is just my observation and he has answered me, which I have taken as a correction, run to where ?, It is just that I don't like to type much, but I am always on this thread as a reader. Thanks

Your inactivity is a contributing factor.

If everyone decides to be an observer just like you, how will the thread move?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
MeloGist:

Please is this better than oraimo airpods?

They are not mates. Freepods are still learning were NB2 is.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dellaziz(m): 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
Anybody bought a product from this place before

Www:::PHONEXPERTS DOT NG
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cheezzyy: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
Jazzman01:

Imagine. I am also regretting my own decision too. I have used two different infinix phones without a single complain until I switched to Xiaomi. I used to bring my issues here until it became too much for them to handle and they labelled me a troll.

I have learnt my lessons and I will never advice anyone to buy a Xiaomi phone. Instead they should go for Samsung. But if you are on a tight budget then go for Infinix. I am not a fan of Tecno or itel.
not surprised, lol. Xiaomi users complaints are now too much on this platform
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrongandMighty: 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
Good evening guys,I want to get a new phone and free myself from the shackles of transsion...what's the best new xiaomi phone I can get within the budget of 85k-90k...I need suggestions please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Afiliatelord: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hakeem12:
Welcome bro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
Cheezzyy:
not surprised, lol. Xiaomi users complaints are now too much on this platform

Cheezzyy:
you've goon to carlcare?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8754) (8755) (8756) (8757) (8758) (8759) (8760) ... (9316) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.