Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193527 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8834) (8835) (8836) (8837) (8838) (8839) (8840) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wememore03: 12:47am On Feb 22, 2022
deno1:

Seems all Redmi 7 expiring date was dis month cause mine just off as well

Abi Redmi is mad ni?? shey dey want to give us new phones free of charge abi we told them we were tired of our phones?? Wahala
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 4:35am On Feb 22, 2022
deno1:

Phone dey expire? When e no be edible product.

Did you recently update your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wememore03: 4:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Mustiboy:

like i don't understand ohh, i actually stay away from updating to avoid stories, it just went off, absolutely no warning
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bloooody(m): 5:50am On Feb 22, 2022
ultramayor:

Do you wish to sell your s10?
Yes but the screen is scattered and it's missing, The power and Bixby button.

I'm selling it for a giveaway price, I still have the phone box
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bloooody(m): 5:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Mustiboy:

Compared to the S10, you won't enjoy gaming on the Redmi Note 10 Pro. It overheats when playing games such as COD and PES. The only solution is to downgrade graphics to the bare minimum.

To cut it some slack though, my friend complains of the same overheating when playing same games on his S10 Plus.

I believe the S10 Plus houses same chipset as the and S10, so it's most likely gonna be the same story.

Perhaps, PESM and CODM were badly optimized.
Codm is one of the best optimized big games around, my s10 over heats as well when playing sometimes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by niyiforeal(m): 7:04am On Feb 22, 2022
deno1:

how will phone expire, i think this is the end of the road for me with redmi absolutely disastrous
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2022
niyiforeal:
how will phone expire, i think this is the end of the road for me with redmi absolutely disastrous

It may be a battery or Power IC thing. Redmi 7 hasn't received any update in a long while so it has absolutely nothing to do with update. And someone I know that uses the device says his is fine.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by agadam(m): 7:10am On Feb 22, 2022
it seems as if Redmi 7 time is up grin
My Redmi 7 went off why i was using it, try to put it on back it get stock at the redmi logo, did factory resetting by pressing power and volume keys together e no work, till it got angry and went off patapata grin
I changed two battery e still no work I just have to order new motherboard from AE and now am enjoying my Redmi 7 to the fullest smiley

If you didn't have money for new phone yet ypur best bet is a new motherboard from AE grin
CC
niyiforeal
wememore03

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:11am On Feb 22, 2022
agadam:
My Redmi 7 went off why i was using it, try to put it on back it get stock at the redmi logo, did factory resetting by pressing power and volume keys together e no work, till it got angry and went off patapata grin
I changed two battery e still no work I just have to order new motherboard from AE and now am enjoying my Redmi 7 to the fullest smiley

If you didn't have money for new phone yet ypur best bet is a new motherboard from AE grin
CC
niyiforeal
wememore03

That processor on that device was always a headache, that is why Xiaomi or any other OEM avoided it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eidris01(m): 7:26am On Feb 22, 2022
paulcr7:

Yeah
How's the phone's performance?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:26am On Feb 22, 2022
wememore03:

So it is showing Reboot, wipe data and connect with MI assistant, I have tried all 3, it is still not coming up, I tried wiping data more than 3 times now

This case is beyond my skill. You may have to visit a GSM technician.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:27am On Feb 22, 2022
genius43:

That processor on that device was always a headache, that is why Xiaomi or any other OEM avoided it.

The Snapdragon 632? I always thought it was a very decent SoC oh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eidris01(m): 7:30am On Feb 22, 2022
agadam:

CC
niyiforeal
wememore03
How long have you been using it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:31am On Feb 22, 2022
Eidris01:

That phone is 3 years old. Was released around the same time as the RN7. Early 2019.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:48am On Feb 22, 2022
atheistandproud:

The Snapdragon 632? I always thought it was a very decent SoC oh.
It was problematic, even to implement updates on it was a problem.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by niyiforeal(m): 8:04am On Feb 22, 2022
agadam:

CC
niyiforeal
wememore03
how much is the motherboard
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by niyiforeal(m): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2022
genius43:

It may be a battery or Power IC thing. Redmi 7 hasn't received any update in a long while so it has absolutely nothing to do with update. And someone I know that uses the device says his is fine.
I don’t even know what to do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 8:41am On Feb 22, 2022
reader29:

I thought it was the screen guard that cracked. The attendant removed the screen guard while I was there, she didn't say anything about broken screen o. Only for her to call me that the engineer said the screen is broken.
lol, sha look if the crack is still at the same place you thought it was the screen guard.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by erobes: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2022
niyiforeal:

21k to 25k using #490/$. I haven't ordered mine,i have this fear it might start acting up soon.

agadam,please how long did it take for the board to get 2 u?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bluev: 8:53am On Feb 22, 2022
genius43:

Who knows what he might have tampered with trying to do your phone. You should have told him to remove the casing of the power IC.
I have noticed something with this 9T, is like the variants that have this deadboot are mostly 4-64gig. Am yet to see the 6-128gig have this issue.
I maybe wrong though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by deno1: 9:02am On Feb 22, 2022
Mustiboy:

There was no update for Redmi 7 within a space of 3 weeks more than 6 people have complained of there Redmi 7 going off just like that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2022
Bluev:

I have noticed something with this 9T, is like the variants that have this deadboot are mostly 4-64gig. Am yet to see the 6-128gig have this issue.
I maybe wrong though

You are wrong sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samcoflex75(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2022
Please my rn10 pro update is stuck at 0%, what do I do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 9:22am On Feb 22, 2022
Samcoflex75:
Please my rn10 pro update is stuck at 0%, what do I do

Update manually
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samcoflex75(m): 9:24am On Feb 22, 2022
osic:

Update manually

How
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wememore03: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2022
deno1:

There was no update for Redmi 7 within a space of 3 weeks more than 6 people have complained of there Redmi 7 going off just like that.

See i am tired, i am going to their service center today, let me hear what they will say
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by agadam(m): 9:32am On Feb 22, 2022
I bought it fairly used and used it for up to a yet before the problem start
Eidris01:
niyiforeal:
is around 21k upward depending on the GB

erobes:

21k to 25k using #490/$. I haven't ordered mine,i have this fear it might start acting up soon.

agadam,please how long did it take for the board to get 2 u?
It takes 21days to get to me by speedaf and it's free shipping grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 9:45am On Feb 22, 2022
Samcoflex75:

How

Ask genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MaroonBlue(m): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2022
genius43:

Download manually and install

Same here boss
How do we download and install manually
You've got a link?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gr8gem(f): 10:40am On Feb 22, 2022
https://bigota.d.miui.com/V13.0.4.0.SKFMIXM/miui_SWEETGlobal_V13.0.4.0.SKFMIXM_4e557a2f1f_12.0.zip
Android 12 for rn10p manual download.
MaroonBlue:

Same here boss
How do we download and install manually
You've got a link?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by reader29(m): 10:54am On Feb 22, 2022
paulcr7:

I bought another already. They just refunded my money for 9T some five mins ago.
Wow! So the refunding is that fast huh?; ma go give em their 21500 then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dahgifted(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2022
I'm sorry for derailing, I'm about getting a zealot speaker, and I'm torn in between Zealot s8 and s16
Who has used any?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8834) (8835) (8836) (8837) (8838) (8839) (8840) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.