Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9186916 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8899) (8900) (8901) (8902) (8903) (8904) (8905) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 11:51am On Apr 28, 2022
genius43:

Poco X3 Pro and 9t issues are all hardware related. So much misinformation on your posts.

I have been using MIUI since MIUI 9, I am not dead yet, neither has any of the phones I have used bricked.
how is miui 13 on your note 10 pro?

Isn't giving you headache?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:53am On Apr 28, 2022
womenareapess:
how is miui 13 on your note 10 pro?

Isn't giving you headache?

It isn't in any major way. Like I said it solved battery drains. The little snacks left is just polishing of dark mode which is kinda broken.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by womenareapess: 11:58am On Apr 28, 2022
genius43:

It isn't in any major way. Like I said it solved battery drains. The little snacks left is just polishing of dark mode which is kinda broken.
I guess you are using the 8gb variant!

Many complaints mostly coming from the 6gb variants

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pannyman(m): 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
Auskyd:

OG, I use my 21 ultra to play hours of CoD, PUBG, do zoom meeting on the side for work related stuff. Zoom alone will make any phone hot, but I don't have that on my 21 ultra. From time to time it increases temperature, but it cools down fast.

Baba no too dey believe all these YouTube guys. Dem too dey exaggerate things. That's how they said pixel 6 pro no good for gaming, but alas, I've been gaming on it without issues.

Laslas all these phones are good Jare. We are the ones always nitpicking like as if one small thing will spoil the experience of using these phones.

It is well sha. Dimensity oh, snapdragon oh, iOS oh, they all do well on flagships. No difference for me.

You are right about the much-talked-about heating issues with the SD888. My son plays COD, PUBG and Asphalt 9 on my Mi11 without heating up the phone. I am yet to experience any overheating. I am glad I did not take all that talk seriously.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
pannyman:

You are right about the much-talked-about heating issues with the SD888. My son plays COD, PUBG and Asphalt 9 on my Mi11 without heating up the phone. I am yet to experience any overheating. I am glad I did not take all that talk seriously.

If you follow YouTube people, you'll never buy anything other than iphone and sometimes, Samsung.

Bad news sells faster for them, so any small issues, you'll see them capitalize to get more views. Very annoying something.

I don't like watching people like MKBHD cos the bias for iphone too much. You no go see issues with it, but bring another brand, he will destroy the phone on his channel lol.

Even his camera tests, he doesn't hide his disappointment that the iPhone doesn't win it.

Laslas this Xiaomi is the brand I want to use next. If bugs dey, no wham. If we die, we die.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Auskyd:

If you follow YouTube people, you'll never buy anything other than iphone and sometimes, Samsung.

Bad news sells faster for them, so any small issues, you'll see them capitalize to get more views. Very annoying something.

I don't like watching people like MKBHD cos the bias for iphone too much. You no go see issues with it, but bring another brand, he will destroy the phone on his channel lol.

Even his camera tests, he doesn't hide his disappointment that the iPhone doesn't win it.

Laslas this Xiaomi is the brand I want to use next. If bugs dey, no wham. If we die, we die.

Come and collect Xiaomi 12X, SD 870 is the most optimised flagship SD chipset at the moment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
Meister:

Come and collect Xiaomi 12X, SD 870 is the most optimised flagship SD chipset at the moment

My G!!! I just start to use pixel 6 pro. Make I flex am small before I come for that Xiaomi. I go buy from you when time reach.

How sales man? Hope you good?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SweetBuns(f): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
genius43:

Poco X3 Pro and 9t issues are all hardware related. So much misinformation on your post.

I have been using MIUI since MIUI 9, I am not dead yet, neither has any of the phones I have used bricked.

You speak modding like the sour parts aren't there. When phones get bricked will you be there to provide needed aid to get them out of it?

A dedicated thread was created for people who want to mod for a reason so don't force your choice on others.
What other "misinformation" did you find apart from the x3 pro? I also don't remember mentioning the mi 9t anywhere on my post

I use the note 10 pro myself, and one of the main reason why I moved was due to the camera issue. MIUI 13 IS KILLING FRONT CAMERAS IN THE NOTE 10 PRO.

Go and ask on both the x3 pro and note 10 pro telegram groups and see what they will tell you. I don't like dragging clear topics
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
Auskyd:

My G!!! I just start to use pixel 6 pro. Make I flex am small before I come for that Xiaomi. I go buy from you when time reach.

You dey change phone like say nah boxers grin
Business Is good boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shakitibob0: 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
AIN DEAL

BRAND NEW SONY PLAYSTATION 5 (PS5)
5 PIECES LEFT

''DISC EDITION''

429k (Clearance Price)

Location- Computer Village Ikeja

Delivery is possible to anywhere in Nigeria

CALL/WHATSAPP

+2348146874535-SAM

+2348179816897-TINUKE

+2347038347707- ENIOLA

cc sampo444
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Playermayweda(m): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
Auskyd:

Abeg when u don flex am finish give me oo, I will never pick any phone over a pixel device

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willjoe: 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
Folks with redmi note 11, how good is the camera? I want to get one.
Kindly help a bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michealdeco: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
SweetBuns:

What other "misinformation" did you find apart from the x3 pro? I also don't remember mentioning the mi 9t anywhere on my post

I use the note 10 pro myself, and one of the main reason why I moved was due to the camera issue. MIUI 13 IS KILLING FRONT CAMERAS IN THE NOTE 10 PRO.

Go and ask on both the x3 pro and note 10 pro telegram groups and see what they will tell you. I don't like dragging clear topics
Poco X3 pro issue is from Indian version and it's a hardware issue with the PMIC
And the note 10 pro you can easily download and use gcam for it
You don't have to condemn MIUI like that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
womenareapess:
I guess you are using the 8gb variant!

Many complaints mostly coming from the 6gb variants

I am using the 6GB RAM Variant.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
Shakitibob0:
AIN 4

I guess you missed your way but in case you didn't, you can't be blind to the fact that ads aren't allowed on this thread.

Kindly take it off and post in the right thread/section.

Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
SweetBuns:

Front Camera has been great so far especially with the MIUI 13 and Android 12 update

And I have been a member for XDA for a long time and all those telegram groups you are talking about I know of.

But the Poco X3 Pro remains a Hardware issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uwuana: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
willjoe:
Folks with redmi note 11, how good is the camera? I want to get one.
Kindly help a bro.
Go for the note 11s, very dope camera

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abiola4eva(m): 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
Redmi is overrated afterall,how on earth will 8/128GB crash jus by displaying system UI is not responding.
My Note 11pro is dead now,I couldn't power it on right now.

What can I do abeg?
I still de give it more time to cool down sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Abiola4eva:
Redmi is overrated afterall,how on earth will 8/128GB crash jus by displaying system UI is not responding.
My Note 11pro is dead now,I couldn't power it on right now.

What can I do abeg?
I still de give it more time to cool down sha.

What caused the system UI not responding?

Can you boot to recovery or safe mode?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
Meister:

You dey change phone like say nah boxers grin
Business Is good boss

LoL no be so oh bro grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olamieseun(m): 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
Thanks,I don't know for the guy oh because I see a thread for modding b4 I come here to lay down complain about my 9T
genius43:

Poco X3 Pro and 9t issues are all hardware related. So much misinformation on your post.

You speak modding like the sour parts aren't there. When phones get bricked will you be there to provide needed aid to get them out of it?

A dedicated thread was created for people who want to mod for a reason so don't force your choice on others.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SweetBuns(f): 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
genius43:

Front Camera has been great so far especially with the MIUI 13 and Android 12 update

And I have been a member for XDA for a long time and all those telegram groups you are talking about I know of.

But the Poco X3 Pro remains a Hardware issue
You don't want to agree that the issue with the note 10 pro is miui related bah? grin
With cameras dying here and there?

I love Xiaomi, but I don't like sugarcoating any thing as far as I'm concerned

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SweetBuns(f): 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2022

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SweetBuns(f): 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2022

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
SweetBuns:

You don't want to agree that the issue with the note 10 pro is miui related bah? grin
With cameras dying here and there?

I love Xiaomi, but I don't like sugarcoating any thing as far as I'm concerned

This so called camera problems on note 10 pro why has no single person complained of it on this thread ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SweetBuns(f): 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Meister:

This so called camera problems on note 10 pro why has no single person complained of it on this thread ?
How many Redmi note 10 pro users in Nigeria really know about nairaland, talkless of a thread in a subsection of the aforementioned site?
Let's have some stats and numbers first before we make conclusions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
SweetBuns:

That's the Indian version, not the global version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SweetBuns(f): 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
Google pixel 6 and 6xl users have been complaining about their phones rejecting calls without informing them, yet I haven't come across any post by any user on this forum making that same complaint.

That it's not being reported on nairaland doesn't mean it's not true

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
ev4real:

There was no light. Any consequence?

Don't let it get so low
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
SweetBuns:

Sigh, when I see Xiaomi users still using Miui months after buying their phones I just shake my head
Miui as a ROM is dead as far as reputation and optimization is concerned
On one hand, it's killing the front cam of Redmi note 10 pro devices
On the other, the motherboard of Poco x3 pro phones are dying because of the sad state of miui currently.

As a Xiaomi users, the FIRST THING you should do after buying your phone is to unlock bootloader and flash a custom ROM. It's as simple as it gets. You don't even need to root anything nowadays to do that.
I moved from miui to crdroid and I've never been happier. BB and performance > miui Hy far. And no ads

You'll still get ads from Google
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SweetBuns(f): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
GrandMufti:

That's the Indian version, not the global version
Sigh
I no talk again abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
SweetBuns:

How many Redmi note 10 pro users in Nigeria really know about nairaland, talkless of a thread in a subsection of the aforementioned site?
Let's have some stats and numbers first before we make conclusions.

This is the thread with the most engagements in the technology market so I can assure you if this your supposed fault was true several people would have mentioned it.

Do you think there are more people using Redmi 9T than note 10 pro in Nigeria but we see complaints of the Redmi 9t deadboot issue every other week

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8899) (8900) (8901) (8902) (8903) (8904) (8905) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Informant101 and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.