Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9219604 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8939) (8940) (8941) (8942) (8943) (8944) (8945) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:41am On Jun 12, 2022
YingyangNg:
Bro @genius43 this is my note 9 pro.

Any update for the phone yet or any tip to update it to 13 etc?

Thanks

When there is MIUI 13 you will get a prompt.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:45am On Jun 12, 2022
Codedzng:

Never used the word stubborn for me again.....! If had known there was a thread for sales I would have made my ads there.

Pls I don't like that !

You have been advertising on the "The Xiaomi Thread Store" in the technology market section and yet you are unaware of a sales thread?

I remember correctly saying "You Guys stubborn" meaning generalised which is in fact the truth. Are you the only one breaking the rule? No.

If you are hurt by a generalised term because of you breaking a rule I won't apologize for that. Just don't put yourself in a situation where you will be called or singled out.

Shalom!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 8:23am On Jun 12, 2022
genius43:

You use a Samsung but sleep on Xiaomi Thread(s) and get aroused when any of Xiaomi affiliated stuff is mentioned. If you are suffering from OCD that one is your bit.

I will never apologize for doing the right thing. Wether you use a Xiaomi phone or not let us keep the purpose of this thread intact.

We split this thread into 4 for that very reason. A discussion thread, A Sales Thread, A Modding Thread and even an FAQ/Compilation thread.

Thank you.

Jesus, why am I catching bullets now? Shey I tackle you ni? What makes you so sure I don't use a Xiaomi, ehn?

I enjoy the violence bro grin and I don't think I've ever talked back at you before, despite your attempt to belittle me in the past. Shey you remember when you were asking me how many phones I don use in an attempt to make me look small, then you resorted to saying "WeLL I USe OnLy BrANd NeW PHoNes" talmbout how you be TouchWiz ancestor and all that? LoL.

Genius if you see my comments leave me. You go die leave Nairaland one day. No be you and my papa property. Rest bro. Na just phones, no be big deal, ehn grin

My problem now be say Jemerson go soon come out now. That my boy no dey use eye see my posts grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sahsahb(m): 10:55am On Jun 12, 2022
All of a sudden, my redmi not 10 pro battery drains faster than usual, and my phone is freezing sometimes ( system ui is not responding).. Plss help. Any solution to this issues..

Ps: Its updated to the latest miui
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
treasuremi1:

This one I downloaded is saying corrupted file after unzipping.
No don't unzip it. move the downloaded zip file to the root of your internal storage or SD card. Go back to the update page on your phone, tap the miui logo 7 times and it will grant you access to chose local update file, then take that option and locate where you place the downloaded file and click it, it will update and reboot. Done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
deejay123:
I noticed my redmin 10c keeping showing the charging icon sign even when the phone is at 100% during charging. I fear if the fone isn't overcharging. I thought it should stop charging when it achieves the 100% mark. Does these pose a threat to the battery? Does any other have similar issue?
Make una dey read previous posts na. this thing has been addressed already. an update will fix it. I use the same phone and I've seen it all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
23jerryking:
Make una dey read previous posts na. this thing has been addressed already. an update will fix it. I use the same phone and I've seen it all.

Nigerians don't read.

You are going to have to spoon feed them literally.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

Nigerians don't read.

You are going to have to spoon feed them literally.

So as the guy ask, na bad thing na? Shey una know say google dey carry person come here sometimes when you ask it certain questions? It just brings them to nairaland.

Omo we should do better abeg. This asking people to be going back to read posts should stop. Help if you can, lock up if you won't. That condescending talk no make tbvh.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by treasuremi1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2022
23jerryking:
No don't unzip it. move the downloaded zip file to the root of your internal storage or SD card. Go back to the update page on your phone, tap the miui logo 7 times and it will grant you access to chose local update file, then take that option and locate where you place the downloaded file and click it, it will update and reboot. Done.
Many thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jadajada: 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
genius43:

Of course
can't find it. I'm I to download an app for it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
Auskyd:

Jesus, why am I catching bullets now? Shey I tackle you ni? What makes you so sure I don't use a Xiaomi, ehn?

I enjoy the violence bro grin and I don't think I've ever talked back at you before, despite your attempt to belittle me in the past. Shey you remember when you were asking me how many phones I don use in an attempt to make me look small, then you resorted to saying "WeLL I USe OnLy BrANd NeW PHoNes" talmbout how you be TouchWiz ancestor and all that? LoL.

Genius if you see my comments leave me. You go die leave Nairaland one day. No be you and my papa property. Rest bro. Na just phones, no be big deal, ehn grin

My problem now be say Jemerson go soon come out now. That my boy no dey use eye see my posts grin

We will all die afterall!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
jadajada:
can't find it. I'm I to download an app for it.

It is in the security app.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
sahsahb:
All of a sudden, my redmi not 10 pro battery drains faster than usual, and my phone is freezing sometimes ( system ui is not responding).. Plss help. Any solution to this issues..

Ps: Its updated to the latest miui

Download full ROM and Reinstall
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Auskyd:

So as the guy ask, na bad thing na? Shey una know say google dey carry person come here sometimes when you ask it certain questions? It just brings them to nairaland.

Omo we should do better abeg. This asking people to be going back to read posts should stop. Help if you can, lock up if you won't. That condescending talk no make tbvh.

I didn't mention you, neither did I specifically refer to anyone. If guilty conscience do you bro, that's your cup of tea.

There's nothing condescending about stating the obvious. A good majority of us are mentally lazy. If I join a group or thread, I start reading from at least 10 pages behind. If it's a short thread I read the whole thing. There's nothing wrong with acquainting yourself with a thread.

Most people just jump into a thread and never bother to familiarize themselves with the place. They just jump into a thread ask for answers and then disappear. They get answers, disappear and are never seen again till another need arises.

Answers they can get by sometimes simply browsing through the thread.

If everyone only came here to seek answers, who would keep this thread going?

Do you think Xiaomi pays anyone here? Try and see if the C rep people paid by Xiaomi NG actually proffer effective solutions that fast.

Make we no talk, make we no talk, na Nigeria take spoil reach where e dey so.

No one is entitled to control another person's speech. I do not control yours. Do not attempt to control mine.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jadajada: 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
genius43:

It is in the security app.
can't find hide

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kingphilip(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
treasuremi1:

This one I downloaded is saying corrupted file after unzipping.
It doesn't require you unzipping.

Just search for how to manually install update on Nairaland here and follow the instruction.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
Auskyd:

That thing is only a few pages back and when you do google search and you're specific about it it will direct you to the exact page. So putting up all these attitude. I simply asked the guy to read a few pages back, I didn't ask for his kidney.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
jadajada:
can't find hide

Go to applock choose a pattern it should be there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
treasuremi1:

Many thanks bro
You're welcome bro. Just let me know if you happen to face challenges with the process and I'll do a few screenshots that might help.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

I didn't mention you, neither did I specifically refer to anyone. If guilty conscience do you bro, that's your cup of tea.

There's nothing condescending about stating the obvious. A good majority of us are mentally lazy. If I join a group or thread, I start reading from at least 10 pages behind. If it's a short thread I read the whole thing. There's nothing wrong with acquainting yourself with a thread.

Most people just jump into a thread and never bother to familiarize themselves with the place. They just jump into a thread ask for answers and then disappear. They get answers, disappear and are never seen again till another need arises.

Do you think Xiaomi pays anyone here? Try and see if the C rep people paid by Xiaomi NG actually proffer effective solutions that fast.

No one entitled to control another person's speech. I do not control yours. Do not attempt to control mine.

While I get where you are coming from, you need to understand people are different. You do your due diligence by reading up before commenting, so does everyone have to be like you? I'm not controlling your speech oga, talk if you want, I couldn't care less. I only gave you a position I think is fair to new comers. If you don't like it, say so. Doesn't take away the fact that you can always help people by simply telling them what they need rather than asking them to reading pages upon pages when you can provide the answer.

Me I no understand where the guilty conscience talk dey come from, cos I don't have issues with anyone wey go make me fear to talk to you directly. Nobody too big for me to follow yarn, and you can do the same to me.

And yes, a lot of people here are very condescending when it comes to talking to people. Deny it all you want, but it's the truth. You see comments and wonder if e pass this Xiaomi wey we dey try find hel each other to understand better.

Genius sef dey tell me say I no dey use Xiaomi, as per me and him dey stay the same house and he has seen my devices before. I just dey laugh.

We can all do better abeg. The reputation of people who use Xiaomi on NL is well known, and it's not always positive. Take am or leave am.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
23jerryking:
That thing is only a few pages back and when you do google search and you're specific about it it will direct you to the exact page. So putting up all these attitude. I simply asked the guy to read a few pages back, I didn't ask for his kidney.

Does the person know it's a few pages back? Saying it that way is way more helpful than asking the person to start reading pages upon pages to look for an answer.

You just told someone how to search for, and use the info needed. Imo, that's better than saying "we have talked about it before, go and look for it and help yourself".

Nah, that's not helping. It's better you don't say anything in the first place.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by treasuremi1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
23jerryking:
You're welcome bro. Just let me know if you happen to face challenges with the process and I'll do a few screenshots that might help.
Thanks so much. It's been updated already. Please can you help with the link for suitable gcam for my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jadajada: 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
genius43:

Go to applock choose a pattern it should be there.
done that, not there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Auskyd:

While I get where you are coming from, you need to understand people are different. You do your due diligence by reading up before commenting, so does everyone have to be like you? I'm not controlling your speech oga, talk if you want, I couldn't care less. I only gave you a position I think is fair to new comers. If you don't like it, say so. Doesn't take away the fact that you can always help people by simply telling them what they need rather than asking them to reading pages upon pages when you can provide the answer.

Me I no understand where the guilty conscience talk dey come from, cos I don't have issues with anyone wey go make me fear to talk to you directly. Nobody too big for me to follow yarn, and you can do the same to me.

And yes, a lot of people here are very condescending when it comes to talking to people. Deny it all you want, but it's the truth. You see comments and wonder if e pass this Xiaomi wey we dey try find hel each other to understand better.

Genius sef dey tell me say I no dey use Xiaomi, as per me and him dey stay the same house and he has seen my devices before. I just dey laugh.

We can all do better abeg. The reputation of people who use Xiaomi on NL is well known, and it's not always positive. Take am or leave am.

Where does Reputation come in here please?

We have bad reputation yet we still solve issues here than Facebook where those who get paid by Xiaomi actually reside?

If the reputation is that bad this thread would have been dead. Instead it is over 6 years old and still going.

I missed the days before Xiaomi entered Nigeria, I wish we can go back to those times because that was when this thread was exciting.

If the you don't like the reputation of the people in the thread you can let it be and return when you get people who sing your kind of music.

No one is paid to be here, I personally do it because I can despite how busy I am lately, I still come here regardless and add my take to whatever is going on here.

If this was not a community driven thread, it would have been dead like some other OEMs thread that was bore out of marketing.

This might seem like an attack but really look inward. What have you contributed to the thread apart from snide remarks or try to fuel an argument. Ask yourself and answer. If you are always point fingers at others, also think that you can also be part of the problem here.

Once again Shalom!

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bizzlemie(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

No one is entitled to control another person's speech. I do not control yours. Do not attempt to control mine.

People have different reasons for joining a group or thread; some join because they want to learn new things or be updated about stuff that concern their devices, others join because they are looking for a solution for a problem.

For the solution seekers, telling them to browse through previous pages for a solution is not helpful. If you know the particular page the solution is, point them to it, or better still, give them the solution instead of telling them to look for it themselves (which is kinda rude IMO) because you feel they are "mentally lazy".

Let's learn to help without condescending on people. Not everyone is patient or savvy enough like us to search through pages for solutions.

Doesn't take anything away from the help you all have been rendering here though, welldone!

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
bizzlemie:

People have different reasons for joining a group or thread; some join because they want to learn new things or be updated about stuff that concern their devices, others join because they are looking for a solution for a problem.

For the solution seekers, telling them to browse through previous pages for a solution is not helpful. If you know the particular page the solution is, point them to it, or better still, give them the solution instead of telling them to look for it themselves (which is kinda rude IMO) because you feel they are "mentally lazy".

Let's learn to help without condescending on people. Not everyone is patient or savvy enough like us to search through pages for solutions.

Doesn't take anything away from the help you all have been rendering here though, welldone!

I want to ask you a question?

Do you know the stress of repeating yourself severally in short period of time?

I have once posted how to manually install on a page and on that same page someone still asked that same question when it was just like 9 posts away that is just one of many of separate examples I can give.

Do you know how many times I have gotten banned for posting stuffs repeatedly?

Simply search "How to manually update". If you try counting how many times it has been posted here you will get tired.

Only the person who wears the shoes knows where it pinches.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
genius43:

Where does Reputation come in here please?

We have bad reputation yet we still solve issues here than Facebook where those who get paid by Xiaomi actually reside?

If the reputation is that bad this thread would have been dead. Instead it is over 6 years old and still going.

I missed the days before Xiaomi entered Nigeria, I wish we can go back to those times because that was when this thread was exciting.

If the you don't like the reputation of the people in the thread you can let it be and return when you get people who sing your kind of music.

No one is paid to be here, I personally do it because I can despite how busy I am lately, I still come here regardless and add my take to whatever is going on here.

If this was not a community driven thread, it would have been dead like some other OEMs thread that was bore out of marketing.

This might seem like an attack but really look inward. What have you contributed to the thread apart from snide remarks or try to fuel an argument. Ask yourself and answer. If you are always point fingers at others, also think that you can also be part of the problem here.

Once again Shalom!

LoL my nigga, the fact remains that glossing over the inadequacies won't make it right. This thread is very helpful, even to me, which is why I am always coming here to see what's new. I learn a lot from it, and have directed friends to ask questions here many times and they have gotten answers.

Still doesn't remove the fact that yes, some people here are brash and can talk to others like this place is their property. Just because it's helpful doesn't mean that when things go wrong no one should say anything. Nah, doesn't work that way.

While I live for, and enjoy the small violence and strife here and there, all that is merely for kicks and nothing more. I'm not a saint, nor am I pretending to be good and above reproach. I'm like everyone else. But for those of you who can genuinely help, help.

Stop this "apriori" assumptions that "you should know" when some people ask questions, cos genuinely, they might not really know what to do.

And you keep accusing people of leaving when they solve problems. You cannot expecting everyone to be an enthusiast like you. Some just want their device t run smoothly and they move on. Some, like you, are a bit more interested in how the brand works and how You can understand it better. Be accommodating. Na the koko be that.

Nobody is saying you aren't busy, infact I sometimes wonder how you have the energy to patrol this thread and still be able to be productive. Big big kudos to you.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
bizzlemie:

One bottle of chilled Budweiser for you!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
treasuremi1:

Thanks so much. It's been updated already. Please can you help with the link for suitable gcam for my phone
na wahala o. Although if you go like 8 pages back you'll see the one someone posted sometime ago.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bizzlemie(m): 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
genius43:

I want to ask you a question?

Do you know the stress of repeating yourself severally in short period of time?

I have once posted how to manually install on a page and on that same page someone still asked that same question when it was just like 9 posts away that is just one of many of separate examples I can give.

Do you know how many times I have gotten banned for posting stuffs repeatedly?

Simply search "How to manually update". If you try counting how many times it has been posted here you will get tired.

Only the person who wears the shoes knows where it pinches.

Yes I know, I've been there and it is very stressful, which is why you do not need to post stuff repeatedly when it already exists. A simple "check previous posts on this page for the solution", or "check page 12 for the solution" would suffice. I have seen you do that a few times, saves you the stress of retyping, and better than telling someone to wander around the forest.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Auskyd:

And you keep accusing people of leaving when they solve problems. You cannot expecting everyone to be an enthusiast like you. Some just want their device t run smoothly and they move on. Some, like you, are a bit more interested in how the brand works and how You can understand it better. Be accommodating. Na the koko be that.

Who did I accuse of this please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8939) (8940) (8941) (8942) (8943) (8944) (8945) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.