Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9252502 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9011) (9012) (9013) (9014) (9015) (9016) (9017) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pnieeventures: 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2022
Yasiok:
please where can I get it? Am interested in getting one

I can sell this one for you cos am not feeling it the way I feel my Samsung. Maybe because am not an Xiaomi freak
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Iamvictor(m): 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
genius43:

I am not sure someone using a plane will give you his ticket and start trekking.

Meaning. Someone with such a phone will most likely sell to buy a higher one rather than step down
You misunderstood me, I am not looking for who to swap with. I am asking about the phone if it's good.
I already have someone who will collect my Redmi note 10 pro and I will add money and get the Xiaomi 12 pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Iamvictor(m): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2022
Leemekzy:
i use xiaomi 12 pro but not ready to swap.

I am not looking to swap with you, I just want to know how good the phone is before going ahead to buy. I already have someone that would value my Redmi note 10 pro then I will add money and get the Xiaomi 12 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Leemekzy: 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2022
Iamvictor:

I am not looking to swap with you, I just want to know how good the phone is before going ahead to buy. I already have someone that would value my Redmi note 10 pro then I will add money and get the Xiaomi 12 pro
ok you can go ahead and swap. the phone is ok.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ayobarmy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
genius43:

What do you want in a smartphone currently?

In plain speaking what do you do most on a smartphone and the priority.

I need a phone with about 6gig ram and nice camera because, I am into printing.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 12:21am On Sep 10, 2022
pnieeventures:

I can sell this one for you cos am not feeling it the way I feel my Samsung. Maybe because am not an Xiaomi freak

How much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by undertaker007(m): 2:11am On Sep 10, 2022
Hi guys!

So, I updated my redmi 8 some few months back, but since then people always complain my number (MTN) is not available. I called the MTN help center but the issue still persist. Its not that I don't receive calls at all, infact I do but once in a while. I however call out easily.

I am open to any suggestions. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:05am On Sep 10, 2022
ayobarmy:

I need a phone with about 6gig ram and nice camera because, I am into printing.....

Then the Redmi 10 isn't for you.

Go higher the ladder
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:07am On Sep 10, 2022
pnieeventures:

You were using a Flagship and you went to buy a midrange phone and you are judging the midrange with your flagship taste. Hmmmm. Very familiar story

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmako007(m): 5:35am On Sep 10, 2022
@Genius43 good morning bro. Please what could make the redmi note 9s front and back camera to stop working, it is not showing me camera error, it just stoppedgg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ayobarmy(m): 6:53am On Sep 10, 2022
genius43:

Then the Redmi 10 isn't for you.

Go higher the ladder

Any Recommendations?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2022
Emmako007:
@Genius43 good morning bro. Please what could make the redmi note 9s front and back camera to stop working, it is not showing me camera error, it just stoppedgg

Have you force restarted your device?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yasiok(m): 8:05am On Sep 10, 2022
pnieeventures:

I got it for 130,I mean to say

let me give you 115k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amordi: 8:48am On Sep 10, 2022
Is it advisable to get this in AliExpress. I have not tried getting phone before guys...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by valarinz: 9:22am On Sep 10, 2022
Iamvictor:

You misunderstood me, I am not looking for who to swap with. I am asking about the phone if it's good.
I already have someone who will collect my Redmi note 10 pro and I will add money and get the Xiaomi 12 pro.

I've just bought the Xiaomi 12X, same platform...phone is ok, doesn't lag, only thing I noticed now is the camera coloration is not very close to the real color on ground

Picture one is from the Xiaomi

Picture two is from my Huawei P30

The Huawei depicts the real color of the car on ground better than the Xiaomi

Both pics were taken with the stock default camera on both devices, no editing at all.

The 67W charger is pretty fast too as advertised and the battery holds through the day, the longer u use, I might drop more updates

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bennyflipy(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2022
I just tire for this thread, someone will ask for something and you'll never get a reply.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pnieeventures: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
saky18:

How much?

130k it just a day old.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pnieeventures: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2022
Yasiok:
let me give you 115k

For a phone have not used at all,for wey just sleep one day for me house ….you no try at all

Abeg call nobody he has it for 136k and maybey has it for 130.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2022
valarinz:

I've just bought the Xiaomi 12X, same platform...phone is ok, doesn't lag, only thing I noticed now is the camera coloration is not very close to the real color on ground

Picture one is from the Xiaomi

Picture two is from my Huawei P30

The Huawei depicts the real color of the car on ground better than the Xiaomi

Both pics were taken with the stock default camera on both devices, no editing at all.

The 67W charger is pretty fast too as advertised and the battery holds through the day, the longer u use, I might drop more updates

Lol.. Welcome to Xiaomi's overly accentuated colour Gamut. grin It's a bit far from realistic. It's not just the Camera - the entire display colour is affected (take another look, you'll notice) Again, they tried to advance stuff, but end up messing it up...as always.

The issue is exclusive to their Amoled range, it seems. You notice the intense unrealistic colours (especially the REDS) while viewing just about anything on the screen.. Insta, FB, your gallery etc. Most people won't notice this because people barely consider display colour..Perfectionists & colour-sensitive users would EASILY notice.

Good news is, it's solvable wink. Just a little bit of tweak on your display "color scheme" using the "advanced" option will make it better or you can apply nuclear option, which is to flash any good custom ROM.. Flashing an AOSP- based would be nice as it uses Google's original (stock) colour Gamut, which is by far the best in terms of realism IMO.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by valarinz: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2022
Reddington:

Lol.. Welcome to Xiaomi's overly accentuated colour Gamut. grin It's a bit far from realistic. It's not just the Camera - the entire display colour is affected (take another look, you'll notice) Again, they tried to advance stuff, but end up messing it up...as always.

The issue is exclusive to their Amoled range, it seems. You notice the intense unrealistic colours (especially the REDS) while viewing just about anything on the screen.. Insta, FB, your gallery etc. Most people won't notice this because people barely consider display colour..Perfectionists & colour-sensitive users would EASILY notice.

Good news is, it's solvable wink. Just a little bit of tweak on your display "color scheme" using the "advanced" option will make it better or you can apply nuclear option, which is to flash any good custom ROM.. Flashing an AOSP- based would be nice as it uses Google's original (stock) colour Gamut, which is by far the best in terms of realism IMO.

You're so correct... If not that I happen to be a car dealer who takes a lot of car pics I wouldn't have noticed or even bothered

It came sharp to my attention because I took a car pics and I'm looking at it in the pics and I see a different color on ground, perhaps if it were a white car, I wouldn't have noticed

I also noticed under sunlight the amoled screen tends to change color for few secs as the brightness differs, is there a setting to handle that too?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2022
valarinz:

You're so correct... If not that I happen to be a car dealer who takes a lot of car pics I wouldn't have noticed or even bothered

It came sharp to my attention because I took a car pics and I'm looking at it in the pics and I see a different color on ground, perhaps if it were a white car, I wouldn't have noticed

I also noticed under sunlight the amoled screen tends to change color for few secs as the brightness differs, is there a setting to handle that too?

Thanks

Turn off sunlight mode if it is on

For the colour thing. Turn off any form of beauty effect and play around with your HDR settings.

Google Camera mod can do the rest.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2022
Bodmum:

Before you drop ads on a thread do the wise thing by reading the room.

No ads on this thread. Take it off and post in the right thread.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2022
valarinz:

Thanks
I did not experience this while on stock rom tho & I am not sure if it will help but toggle off the sunlight mode as Genius43 said and see if you have a positive result
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2022
genius43:

You were using a Flagship and you went to buy a midrange phone and you are judging the midrange with your flagship taste. Hmmmm. Very familiar story

It's what we were talking about on TG.

People using Flagship experience to judge midrangers or using midrange experience to judge budget/entry level.

Very wrong stuff.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
Alright sir
genius43:

Before you drop ads on a thread do the wise thing by reading the room.

No ads on this thread. Take it off and post in the right thread.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmako007(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2022
genius43:

Please direct me on how to force restart..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
Emmako007:

Please direct me on how to force restart..

Hold power button for 10-15seconds.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by valarinz: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2022
genius43:

Turn off sunlight mode if it is on

For the colour thing. Turn off any form of beauty effect and play around with your HDR settings.

Google Camera mod can do the rest.

Thanks for your reponse cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by valarinz: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2022
Reddington:

I did not experience this while on stock rom tho & I am not sure if it will help but toggle off the sunlight mode as Genius43 said and see if you have a positive result

Thanks for your time too wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmako007(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
genius43:

Hold power button for 10-15seconds.
OK, will do it soon, thank you..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmako007(m): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
genius43:

I just did, it didn't work..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9011) (9012) (9013) (9014) (9015) (9016) (9017) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.