Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9017) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9360843 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9014) (9015) (9016) (9017) (9018) (9019) (9020) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
Geofavor:

Thanks.

I have just cleared my cache now, even unwittingly wiped all my WhatsApp data embarassed. The huge "other files" are still there and increasing. So, I'm guessing, like Meister said, I can't get rid of them? I maybe can just slow down the rate of increase by regularly clearing cache from each app?

If you so badly want to clear those other files, here are two powerful apps that reads all your phone's files and data and can delete them.
The problem be say, if you don't know what to delete na premium tears dey wait for you.

I also just like you last month in a bid to reduce files in that "others" category used these apps to delete some files I thought were unnecessary cos I was seriously pressed for space. I massively cleared some space about 7GB from there but some app data suffered.
Especially YouTube. I thought I was deleting some massive cache of the app(s) until I checked my YouTube app to notice videos I had downloaded years ago were unable to play since I've deleted their native data.

Like they said, they are files which your system is unable to categorise properly. They contain file data, caches and other stuffs for Android system running properly.
NB: Use at your own risk.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GloriousGbola: 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2022
abduleez1:

If you so badly want to clear those other files, here are two powerful apps that reads all your phone's files and data and can delete them.
The problem be say, if you don't know what to delete na premium tears dey wait for you.

I also just like you last month in a bid to reduce files in that "others" category used these apps to delete some files I thought were unnecessary cos I was seriously pressed for space. I massively cleared some space about 7GB from there but some app data suffered.
Especially YouTube. I thought I was deleting some massive cache of the app(s) until I checked my YouTube app to notice videos I had downloaded years ago were unable to play since I've deleted their native data.

Like they said, they are files which your system is unable to categorise properly. They contain file data, caches and other stuffs for Android system running properly.
NB: Use at your own risk.

For us oldies, mobile device file management is a mess. No structure no organisation - just files scattered randomly through the system.

I would advise using Google files. That app has worked for me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
There's something I noticed several months bavk: using Glo network it takes time before a newly subscribed data plan starts working.

For example, you subscribe a monthly plan or a night plan, it could take a couple of hours or more (on few occasions the next day) before it gets activated and starts working.
Unless you force it by restarting the phone or by turning off the SIM and switching it back on, before you can get instant activation.
Although my Airtel SIM works perfectly fine. I only noticed this with Glo and I've been stuck with this style of operation for many months now.

Does any other person have similar experience??

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
GloriousGbola:

For us oldies, mobile device file management is a mess. No structure no organisation - just files scattered randomly through the system.

I would advise using Google files. That app has worked for me.

I swear. Mobile file organisation is a headache. There was a time I actually have a day dedicated to file organisation every week on my alarm app. grin grin I don tire I don give up cos I don snooze that thing taya.

I don use that Google Files tire I don give up sef. Cos e no dey do much again.

Although, the latest update has some nifty file organisation for removing duplicate files and other gimmicky stuff.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MirrorD(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Can someone who has ordered from aliexpress please tell me how I would know if my package has arrived the nearest post office?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GloriousGbola: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
abduleez1:
There's something I noticed several months bavk: using Glo network it takes time before a newly subscribed data plan starts working.

For example, you subscribe a monthly plan or a night plan, it could take a couple of hours or more (on few occasions the next day) before it gets activated and starts working.
Unless you force it by restarting the phone or by turning off the SIM and switching it back on, before you can get instant activation.
Although my Airtel SIM works perfectly fine. I only noticed this with Glo and I've been stuck with this style of operation for many months now.

Haven't had that particular issue.

That said glo is simply a bizarre network. I have an ipad that was only 3g with glo. I assumed the ipad was not 4g until I popped an mtn sim in it.

And the network dey touch. You have network upstairs and no network same spot downstairs.

This is your own peculiar glo experience
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Haven't had that particular issue.

That said glo is simply a bizarre network. I have an ipad that was only 3g with glo. I assumed the ipad was not 4g until I popped an mtn sim in it.

And the network dey touch. You have network upstairs and no network same spot downstairs.

This is your own peculiar glo experience

Na true sha. That network na weyrey.

The funny thing is that this past year it has been my most dependable network for data connection. Somehow it dethroned my Airtel in terms of availability.

Glo network amazes me at times with the amount they spend on ads each month. This people can spend serious money on ads every single month but to upgrade network na war.

Was surprised Airtel sent a message few days ago saying they have upgraded the network, meaning faster speeds and better connection. I just dey wonder when Glo go do that one someday.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
abduleez1:

This has always been my experience with Glo, even on my older phones. Most times I just change the access point then return to it again before it starts working.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2022
23jerryking:
This has always been my experience with Glo, even on my older phones. Most times I just change the access point then return to it again before it starts working.

Na wa o.
I don't think I noticed this on my older phones.
I just noticed this one earlier this year.

After thinking for a while about past experience with Glo I remember I usually waited long hours before getting reconnected if my Sub finished and I renewed instantly.

I think I stumbled on the fact that if you restart the phone or somehow make the network refresh it starts working properly.
Glo na problematic network jare.
I always thought it was a bug or something maybe related to the SIM/tray.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2022
abduleez1:

Na wa o.

After thinking for a while about past experience with Glo I remember I usually waited long hours before getting reconnected if my Sub finished and I renewed instantly.

I think I stumbled on the fact that if you restart the phone or somehow make the network refresh it starts working properly.
The problem is Glo o. I've lost huge data caps because of this their nonsense, downloads will restart after the first sub gets exhausted.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GloriousGbola: 5:52am On Sep 14, 2022
abduleez1:

Na wa o.

You can also try toggling airplane mode I think.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 8:39am On Sep 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

You can also try toggling airplane mode I think.

Yeah. That also works.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2022
23jerryking:
The problem is Glo o. I've lost huge data caps because of this their nonsense, downloads will restart after the first sub gets exhausted.

Damn. Which download app do u use.
You can use advanced dedicated download managers like IDM. At times it can pause downloads for two days+ and still not lose your data.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2022
abduleez1:

Damn. Which download app do u use.
You can use advanced dedicated download managers like IDM. At times it can pause downloads for two days+ and still not lose your data.
I do use IDM though, just that some download servers are simply not designed to resume downloads at all. Any little pause then you'll have to restart all over again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2022
23jerryking:
I do use IDM though, just that some download servers are simply not designed to resume downloads at all. Any little pause then you'll have to restart all over again.

True. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Enigma2049(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2022
leetylee:
cheesy

Theme name plz?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ebose09: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2022
I need help
This keep pop up everytime* even when I click the remember my choice
,Try setting a default home screen but it didn't work. What should I do.

Genius43

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
ebose09:
I need help

us43

This one is out of my reach I don't use launchers currently.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ebose09: 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2022
genius43:

This one is out of my reach I don't use launchers currently.

Please what do you use.
If it will stop this from pop up always.
Again how do I stop all this annoying as that shows up everytime

Thanks for your time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2022
ebose09:

Please what do you use.
If it will stop this from pop up always.
Again how do I stop all this annoying as that shows up everytime

Thanks for your time

I use my stock launcher.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ebose09: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
genius43:

I use my stock launcher.

Please what are the advantages and disadvantages of this....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2022
ebose09:

Please what are the advantages and disadvantages of this....

Hope you know what stock launcher is?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ebose09: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
genius43:

Hope you know what stock launcher is?

No I don't � I just need something to stop this annoying thing from popping up everytime
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2022
ebose09:

No I don't � I just need something to stop this annoying thing from popping up everytime

In phone terminology especially around here whenever you see the worlmd "stock" it means default or in Nigerian lexicon "follow come".

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ebose09: 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
genius43:

In phone terminology especially around here whenever you see the worlmd "stock" it means default or in Nigerian lexicon "follow come".

Now I get it....
Is it all launchers that allow this annoying ad.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ebose09: 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
How do I stop this annoying Ad's from popping up everytime
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
ebose09:

Go and check the FAQ Thread the solution is there. Link on the first page.

https://techpp.com/2018/09/17/remove-ads-xiaomi-miui-guide/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2022
10k Airtel airtime for sale.
You pay 8800 for 10k airtime
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SF123(m): 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2022
Greetings ladies and gentlemen of this great forum. Please where can i purchase infinix note 7 around Onitsha and Awka in Anambra state and what is the cost or should i say how much monetary will i budget at hand ?
All opinions is appreciated.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
ebose09:

Delete the other launcher you downloaded nah
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:03am On Sep 15, 2022
SF123:
Greetings ladies and gentlemen of this great forum. Please where can i purchase infinix note 7 around Onitsha and Awka in Anambra state and what is the cost or should i say how much monetary will i budget at hand ?
All opinions is appreciated.

There is an Infinix thread please ask your questions there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:06am On Sep 15, 2022
ebose09:
I need help

G3

Also why install a launcher of another device and expect it not to have problems.

You are complaining of ads when we all know that Tecno HiOS launcher is an adware.

There are 3rd party launchers out there try those ones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9014) (9015) (9016) (9017) (9018) (9019) (9020) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Crownfit01(m), Samuelthemanli(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.