Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9201740 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9157) (9158) (9159) (9160) (9161) (9162) (9163) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2023
kofimoses:

I haven't heard of this version yet. grin cheesy

I'm only seeing the Redmi note 12 pro 5g which is more than 200k.
Please what is the amount for this note 12 pro 4g and where can I get this?

When you make a descsion.
Come to Whatsapp,I have both available.

No ads here,so further discussion on Whatsapp please.

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SpiritFree: 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
noobody:

Come for this.

Cheers
Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2023
atheistandproud:

I'm not sure you did. With all due respect. Because if you did and you understood what you checked, you won't say this. The Note Pros have always been ahead of the vanilla notes.

SoC
RN9 pro - Snapdragon 720G
RN12 4G - Snapdragon 685

Mind you, the RN9 pro is 3 years older. If you want to see the gap between them, just copy and paste, TOP 100 SMARTPHONE SOCS IN THE WORLD 2023, and do a simple google search.

The RN9 pro can do, from games, to speed, to heavy duty video editing, the RN12 can only dream of it.

In fact, even the older RN8 Pro, with the Helio G90T will wipe the floor with the RN12 4G. Not to mention the RN9 pro.

Cameras
Whether is camera sensor, resolution, ISP or even software, the RN12 is not fit to clean the shoes of the RN9 pro. Day and Night, light or without light, photo or video, the RN9 pro is better than all the RN11 Pro series, na come small RN12. The only mainstream Redmi Note that beats the RN9 pro na the RN10 Pro and probably the RN12 Pro. I no dey count 12 Pro+ 5G.

Display
All modern phones use AMOLEDs now, so the RN9 pro uses LCD. I won't call it a minus because at the time, LCD was the standard.

Battery
The same, although the RN12 will conserve battery more. They both have 33W fast charge.

So as you can see, it's an unfair comparison. Anyone that drops their RN8 Pro, RN9 pro or RN10 Pro for RN12 4G is a big eee-diot. Sorry to say but it's truth.

For the Note series, Xiaomi never beat the RN10. The same way they have not beaten the RN10 Pro. Any other phone since then has been a step down especially the forgettable RN11 series. See as people dey sell them at giveaway prices just to buy the older RN10 Pro.

I hear u but all this justify phone hanging? Or lag?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2023
BoboKush:

He is not justifying anything but telling you that you didn't look well before choosing a RN12 as a replacement for a RN9 Pro.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kofimoses: 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2023
atheistandproud:

That's why it is said that my people suffer for a lack of knowledge. I have posted about the RN 12 Pro 4G here...

https://www.nairaland.com/7633038/redmi-note-12-series-release

I have also talked about it on my Telegram channel as well. There's no one who's on my Telegram that does not know about the 12 Pro 4G.

Na only when una wan buy phones una dey take these things serious. It's to your own detriment honestly.

You'll find the price around 180 for the 6+128GB variant.

Thanks for this info. You've earned a follower.

180 is quite steep compared to Redmi note 10 pro. It should be around 150-160k. Damn!

Any idea if it can be gotten around that range. I'm so happy to have actually seen this. Don't know how it flew below the radar.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Debroslink: 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2023
Anybody that has used a PRO version of redmi note shouldn't ever downgrade from it while moving forward.

I once used note 8 Pro and thought I "upgraded" to note 11 when I bought it. I returned the note 11 back to the seller in less than 24 hours after buying it.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 22, 2023
Debroslink:
Anybody that has used a PRO version of redmi note shouldn't ever downgrade from it while moving forward.

I once used note 8 Pro and thought I "upgraded" to note 11 when I bought it. I returned the note 11 back to the seller in less than 24 hours after buying it.

Lol, na normal rule of smartphone be that. The pro versions are almost always significantly better than the next version Vanilla version.

Even for iPhones, it applies (although not as significant as this). It basically just depends on the user's needs.

Modified: just noticed you were comparing Note 8 pro to Note 11. I think the Note 11 should be significantly better than the Pro na based on the gap in generation.
Anyways, I can't categorically attest to it since I don't have a hands-on experience.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Coolx: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2023
kofimoses:

Please where did you buy it from?
Online or phone markets offline?

How much and which variant? 6gb or 8gb?

I'm thinking of getting this.
8gb
Open box
Clean as new
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vibesking(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2023
TheControversy:
Please who has Original replacement battery for Xiaomi redmi note 7?
I bought mine and fixed it at Slot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
kofimoses:

Thanks for this info. You've earned a follower.

180 is quite steep compared to Redmi note 10 pro. It should be around 150-160k. Damn!

Any idea if it can be gotten around that range. I'm so happy to have actually seen this. Don't know how it flew below the radar.

So I went to do research on your behalf and Pointek sells for less than what many people are selling it for.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
BoboKush:

I'm quite saddened that this is all you got. I'm not justifying anything, in fact I've been very critical of Xiaomi since the Redmi Note 11 series and my stance hasn't changed with the 12 series.

It is a big mistake to downgrade from the RN9 pro to the RN12 4G. It will feel slow in your hands because you're moving down from a faster processor, bug or no bug.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Debroslink:

Nailed it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, na normal rule of smartphone be that. The pro versions are almost always significantly better than the next version Vanilla version.

Even for iPhones, it applies (although not as significant as this). It basically just depends on the user's needs.

Modified: just noticed you were comparing Note 8 pro to Note 11. I think the Note 11 should be significantly better than the Pro na based on the gap in generation.
Anyways, I can't categorically attest to it since I don't have a hands-on experience.

Nope.

Look up RN8 pro (Helio G90T) vs RN11 (Snapdragon 680)
See screenshot below

The 8pro has better SoC, performance and cameras

The 12 Pro has better battery life, faster charging and AMOLED displays

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hotplate: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2023
Please any Idea how much the Note 9pro and 10pro cost currently?

atheistandproud:

I'm not sure you did. With all due respect. Because if you did and you understood what you checked, you won't say this. The Note Pros have always been ahead of the vanilla notes.

SoC
RN9 pro - Snapdragon 720G
RN12 4G - Snapdragon 685

Mind you, the RN9 pro is 3 years older. If you want to see the gap between them, just copy and paste, TOP 100 SMARTPHONE SOCS IN THE WORLD 2023, and do a simple google search.

The RN9 pro can do, from games, to speed, to heavy duty video editing, the RN12 can only dream of it.

In fact, even the older RN8 Pro, with the Helio G90T will wipe the floor with the RN12 4G. Not to mention the RN9 pro.

Cameras
Whether is camera sensor, resolution, ISP or even software, the RN12 is not fit to clean the shoes of the RN9 pro. Day and Night, light or without light, photo or video, the RN9 pro is better than all the RN11 Pro series, na come small RN12. The only mainstream Redmi Note that beats the RN9 pro na the RN10 Pro and probably the RN12 Pro. I no dey count 12 Pro+ 5G.

Display
All modern phones use AMOLEDs now, so the RN9 pro uses LCD. I won't call it a minus because at the time, LCD was the standard.

Battery
The same, although the RN12 will conserve battery more. They both have 33W fast charge.

So as you can see, it's an unfair comparison. Anyone that drops their RN8 Pro, RN9 pro or RN10 Pro for RN12 4G is a big eee-diot. Sorry to say but it's truth.

For the Note series, Xiaomi never beat the RN10. The same way they have not beaten the RN10 Pro. Any other phone since then has been a step down especially the forgettable RN11 series. See as people dey sell them at giveaway prices just to buy the older RN10 Pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
hotplate:

RN9 pro sold for around 112k when it first came out, you can find it for around 80k now but be wary of battery issues.

I'll advise that you go for the RN12 Pro instead of the RN10 as they're both around the same price.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2023
atheistandproud:

Nope.

Look up RN8 pro (Helio G90T) vs RN11 (Snapdragon 685)
See screenshot below

The 8pro has better SoC, performance and cameras

The 12 Pro has better battery life, faster charging and AMOLED displays

Damn, I've forgotten the RN8 pro featured the ever sturdy Helio G90T. That chipset was arguably the one solely responsible for changing many phone enthusiasts prejudice towards Mediatek chipset.
If I remembered the G90T I won't even dispute it.

That RN11 series is a joke. It's only reasonable for peeps not already on recent Note versions. One reason I've become uninterested in the Note series since Note 10 series.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kofimoses: 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
Coolx:

8gb
Open box
Clean as new

Wow!! Online??
That's a fabulous deal.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kofimoses: 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2023
atheistandproud:

RN9 pro sold for around 112k when it first came out, you can find it for around 80k now but be wary of battery issues.

I'll advise that you go for the RN12 Pro instead of the RN10 as they're both around the same price.

But they're not actually around the same price. cheesy

40-50k is quite a difference don't you think?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kofimoses: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2023
atheistandproud:

So I went to do research on your behalf and Pointek sells for less than what many people are selling it for.

Thanks for this but this shows that the price is really steep especially compared to the rn10 pro.

I remember Redmi note 10 pro selling for 120k plus this time last year. With the highest amount ever being 150k and I'm talking even at the peak of dollar exchange value.

https://www.nairaland.com/6304952/new-uk-used-iphones-affordable/2#102940994

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EmpressOVD: 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2023
hotplate:

Gat an open box Redmi note 10pro 8GB +3GB/128GB variant

09037978537 Whatsapp for deal
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
kofimoses:

Thanks for this but this shows that the price is really steep especially compared to the rn10 pro.

I remember Redmi note 10 pro selling for 120k plus this time last year. With the highest amount ever being 150k and I'm talking even at the peak of dollar exchange value.

You literally posted a link from 2 years ago, it's almost like everything you've been told here is not even registering, someone quoted you with the price of a used 10 pro and you're using it as a yardstick to judge the brand new 12 pro.

Either you get your money up and get the new note 12 pro or 10 pro or you get a used device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2023
kofimoses:

What is peak of Dollar exchange? This time last year dollar was barely scratching 600 to a dollar in black market. It is currently 733-741 so I don't know what you mean by peak.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2023
kofimoses:

But they're not actually around the same price. cheesy

40-50k is quite a difference don't you think?

Go price new one then come back.

The 2nd hand market is a different thing entirely

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
EmpressOVD:

Gat an open box Redmi note 10pro 8GB +3GB/128GB variant

09037978537 Whatsapp for deal

Please keep that your +3GB aside. Virtual Ram is a gimmick know this and know peace. They only use it to fool midrange buyers but not something they brag about on flagships using UFS 4.0.

I used RN10 PRO before you come back preaching to me. I turned mine off 1 hour after I tested the feature.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
genius43:

Please keep that your +3GB aside. Virtual Ram is a gimmick know this and know peace. They only use it to fool midrange buyers but not something they brag about on flagships using UFS 4.0.

I used RN10 PRO before you come back preaching to me. I turned mine off 1 hour after I tested the feature.

You should have asked him/her to explain it if he or she knew what they were talking about.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 12:00am On Apr 23, 2023
atheistandproud:

I'm quite saddened that this is all you got. I'm not justifying anything, in fact I've been very critical of Xiaomi since the Redmi Note 11 series and my stance hasn't changed with the 12 series.

It is a big mistake to downgrade from the RN9 pro to the RN12 4G. It will feel slow in your hands because you're moving down from a faster processor, bug or no bug.

While I understand u very well
I'm also telling I av use the lower version of redmi and they don't lag on basic thing
This particular redmi note 12 lags /hang as a phone
Dat the point
And i just said I hope any new update correct that

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 12:07am On Apr 23, 2023
genius43:

He is not justifying anything but telling you that you didn't look well before choosing a RN12 as a replacement for a RN9 Pro.

No wahala
Otilor.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kofimoses: 12:26am On Apr 23, 2023
Anyways, thanks guys, but please could someone assist me to where or how I could get a brand new note 10 pro? Budget 150k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:41am On Apr 23, 2023
BoboKush:

While I understand u very well
I'm also telling I av use the lower version of redmi and they don't lag on basic thing
This particular redmi note 12 lags /hang as a phone
Dat the point
And i just said I hope any new update correct that

Alright bro

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Coolx: 7:16am On Apr 23, 2023
kofimoses:

Wow!! Online??
That's a fabulous deal.
I tell u
Market
I just went there to buy charger
And the lady brought the the phone, I actually bought the phone 123k the owner of the shop said I should settle him so gv him 2k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:24am On Apr 23, 2023
vickthorious:

how much did u Change it
~10k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormlight10: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2023
genius43:

You can as well stop posting. Bittered about been straightened out for doing something wrong when you aren't the first neither will you be the last.
In your dreams, I'll post any questions I have whenever I want, cry more

(1) (2) (3) ... (9157) (9158) (9159) (9160) (9161) (9162) (9163) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.