Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193498 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9175) (9176) (9177) (9178) (9179) (9180) (9181) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Harshreality: 6:12pm On May 19, 2023
genius43:

My grouse with the RN12 series are the 4G variants. The RN12 Pro 4G and RN12s shouldn't be in existence.

Same with the Redmi A series they keep shoving our throats since last year.

Can I ask what's wrong with the RN12 Pro 4G? Is it a bad phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2023
omasanbobo:

The entire phone industry except apple de look down on Africa, Oppo, Xiaomi, Vivo and Samsung usually send superior variants of their latest device to Eu and other dope markets while they send the watered down variants to Africa, what's even funny is either they think we're less tech savy or too poor to afford the more expensive variants. Same Africa wey dey buy the latest iphone and ipads and even MacBooks like it's nothing.
Samsung don't do this, this seems to be a Chinese thing. Someone created a thread some few months back on how he bought a watered down Oppo phone thinking he was getting something much better. The funny thing is that they went as far as reviewing the real thing but sent something else down here, this is almost same tactics with the Redmi note 12. In fact the whole naming confusion of the note 12 series is deliberate.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 6:25pm On May 19, 2023
Gptech:

Samsung don't do this, this seems to be a Chinese thing. Someone created a thread some few months back on how he bought a watered down Oppo phone thinking he was getting something much better. The funny thing is that they went as far as reviewing the real thing but sent something else down here, this is almost same tactics with the Redmi note 12. In fact the whole naming confusion of the note 12 series is deliberate.
Samsung dey do o, the galaxy a14 for eu and Indian market packs the rock solid Helio g80 processor while the one sent here packs the shitty exynos. Chinese phone manufacturers dun see us finish!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2023
genius43:

My grouse with the RN12 series are the 4G variants. The RN12 Pro 4G and RN12s shouldn't be in existence.

Same with the Redmi A series they keep shoving our throats since last year.

Add the vanilla RN12 join
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:58pm On May 19, 2023
Harshreality:

Can I ask what's wrong with the RN12 Pro 4G? Is it a bad phone?

It is not a bad phone per say but it is an old phone in a new skin.

RN 12 Pro 4G is basically a RN10 PRO with Dolby Vision supported display and a 67w charger.

The worst part is them releasing the device with an old Android Version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:21pm On May 19, 2023
omasanbobo:

Samsung dey do o, the galaxy a14 for eu and Indian market packs the rock solid Helio g80 processor while the one sent here packs the shitty exynos. Chinese phone manufacturers dun see us finish!
Las las, dem one plunder us. Dem kuku know say we nr get standards here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 7:21pm On May 19, 2023
omasanbobo:

Lol phone gamers dey make me laugh, since I be heavy PC/Console gamer I never see phone game wey trip me to the extent say na game go be the number one factor when buying a phone
You'll not calm down now o, leave us and our phone gaming biko. Actually most of us can't afford a gaming PC or a console for now. So we go dey rock console for friends' house and do phone at home o.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2023
23jerryking:
You'll not calm down now o, leave us and our phone gaming biko. Actually most of us can't afford a gaming PC or a console for now. So we go dey rock console for friends' house and do phone at home o.
I understand bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sneakershub8: 10:12pm On May 19, 2023
Where can I have the back glass on my Redmi Note 10 Pro replaced?
And how much does it cost?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 12:10am On May 20, 2023
Pls how much is the original battery for ginkgo redmi note 8? Pls how to get a genuine one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 5:44am On May 20, 2023
Why do people keep getting RN instead of the mi series? It's better to buy used mi Instead of the RN series

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:38am On May 20, 2023
dvkot:
Why do people keep getting RN instead of the mi series? It's better to buy used mi Instead of the RN series

Most people don't like used devices.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fuckboys: 8:37am On May 20, 2023
omasanbobo:

The entire phone industry except apple de look down on Africa, Oppo, Xiaomi, Vivo and Samsung usually send superior variants of their latest device to Eu and other dope markets while they send the watered down variants to Africa, what's even funny is either they think we're less tech savy or too poor to afford the more expensive variants. Same Africa wey dey buy the latest iphone and ipads and even MacBooks like it's nothing.
Iphone and pixel.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:53am On May 20, 2023
4llerbuntu:

See that idea of bringing only Mediatek phones to Nigeria, they should perish it

Long Term user, but NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER BUY A MEDIATEK Phone from them, no matter how much hype or performance they claim.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:54am On May 20, 2023
Gmajor:

I've used redmi 7 and redmi 3 and I'd have to say that redmi note 12 is by far the worst phone I've ever used.
Apart from the physical design, it fails in almost every other metric.
The one wey dey pain me pass be say apps in the background will close in less than five minutes. Even when I was using 1gb ram Tecno, I never experienced such

Ram is not the issue here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 9:52am On May 20, 2023
genius43:

Most people don't like used devices.
ok, understable.. but you kinda shorting yourself using RN instead of mi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:11am On May 20, 2023
dvkot:
Different strokes for different folks. Though some persons are simply trying to avoid getting into unwarranted troubles, that's why they'll get a new device, no matter what. But personally, I will pick a used 2 year old flagship over most of the current crops of mid range phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2023
dvkot:

You are certainly not talking to me sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 10:39am On May 20, 2023
genius43:

You are certainly not talking to me sha.
The "You" in my sentence, In context isn't referring to you "genius 43" but rather the reader. You certainly need to learn how to read
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 10:42am On May 20, 2023
Gptech:

Different strokes for different folks. Though some persons are simply trying to avoid getting into unwarranted troubles, that's why they'll get a new device, no matter what. But personally, I will pick a used 2 year old flagship over most of the current crops of mid range phones.
yea same thing too, you won't get that flagship feeling with mid-range
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by phonedoctor: 11:44am On May 20, 2023
sneakershub8:
Where can I have the back glass on my Redmi Note 10 Pro replaced?
And how much does it cost?
its available and it will cost you 5k. Call or whatsapp 08082409934
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by phonedoctor: 11:45am On May 20, 2023
Deeni131:
Pls how much is the original battery for ginkgo redmi note 8? Pls how to get a genuine one.
original battery available call or whatsapp 08082409934
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:01pm On May 20, 2023
dvkot:

The "You" in my sentence, In context isn't referring to you "genius 43" but rather the reader. You certainly need to learn how to read

And you certainly need to learn how to pass your messages without insults.

Shalom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2023
genius43:

And you certainly need to learn how to pass your messages without insults.

Shalom
lol, where's the insult? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2023
GrandMufti:

MIUI of late is the issue. They sent an update for RN12 vanilla and it tends to fix lots of issues.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2023
GrandMufti:

Would could be the issue?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SILENTandSMART2: 9:37pm On May 20, 2023
I wan change phone i need suggestions... Redmi note 10 pro don use 2 years for my hand.... Just like yesterday wey i buy ham...no single regret... But this 12 series no move me e be like only fast charge dey omo....redmi no try at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Virusvetty: 9:55pm On May 20, 2023
Can redmi note 12 5g work in Nigeria?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 11:50pm On May 20, 2023
Pls can this be an original battery or not? I really need an original battery for redmi note 8.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 11:51pm On May 20, 2023
Gptech:

Samsung na no 1 in the doing from day 1, in they will sell phone with Snapdragon variant to the UK and US and send exynos here. Go and check UK used Samsung and the exynos here, aswear if you sabi check phone, you will see quality difference.

Wetin dey pain me pass be say, the exynos here is more expensive.
This phone manufacturers understand our tech market and they will always give us what we want and we go dey chop am like that

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:39am On May 21, 2023
Virusvetty:
Can redmi note 12 5g work in Nigeria?

As long as you are buying the Global Version.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eteebanky1: 6:47am On May 21, 2023
Deeni131:
Pls can this be an original battery or not? I really need an original battery for redmi note 8.

No xiaomi logo, it's the fake one....don't buy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9175) (9176) (9177) (9178) (9179) (9180) (9181) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.