Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9243296 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9235) (9236) (9237) (9238) (9239) (9240) (9241) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrluv(m): 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2023
Igemburg:

Thanks boss
useless person
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PinkNature: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
Teresh:
I just got the note 12s... Coming back from ios... Navigating the phone 📱 looks really nice but still trying to get used... One needs the freedom android offers

What kind of freedom does android offers that IOS doesn't?

Haven't used iOS.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abbeytoy(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2023
phonedoctor:
brother it's a free world . If nobody talk about you then you are nobody. If you are not comfortable with me fixing your phone no whala. Cheers

If no one is saying anything good about you, you need to check yourself and fix yourself up and stop lamentation.

We see how they recommend others daily here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Patrick33(m): 5:20am On Sep 25, 2023
Hope someone can help me,i got a redmi note 11s recently and whenever i try to update the miui,it downloads but when it reboots it says "corrupt NV"..is there any solution? Thanks a lot for your help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:43am On Sep 25, 2023
Patrick33:
Hope someone can help me,i got a redmi note 11s recently and whenever i try to update the miui,it downloads but when it reboots it says "corrupt NV"..is there any solution? Thanks a lot for your help

Did you buy this phone brand new?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chizip(m): 5:57am On Sep 25, 2023
genius43 please can you suggest a good cheap earbuds with ambient/transparency mode for me I was thinking of redmi bud 4 but I need other option to choose from
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Patrick33(m): 6:23am On Sep 25, 2023
genius43:

Did you buy this phone brand new?
Nope..it was a gift.. but its not new
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2023
Morning fam.

A friend needs a good Xiaomi device, budget is ₦180k max. Kindly recommend best value picks. Thanks!

cc noobody jboixxx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chizzypresh(f): 11:48am On Sep 25, 2023
Gptech:

Update your phone if there's a pending update or download the current rom in your phone and flash manually. You can upload your current miui version here for assistance.

I guess I will have to update it then

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odunharry(m): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2023
Geld:

Thanks bro..I changed the battery and everything is perfectly..I really appreciate the good works you are doing here...keep it up wink
Hi bro. How much and where did you get your replacement battery for the RN8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2023
Chizip:
genius43 please can you suggest a good cheap earbuds with ambient/transparency mode for me I was thinking of redmi bud 4 but I need other option to choose from

What is your budget?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2023
Patrick33:

Nope..it was a gift.. but its not new

Then it had issues before it got to you. That is my theory.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
jaygee1:
Please house, I suddenly noticed that the SIM 1 slot of my Note 9 pro isn't detecting SIM no more. I've changed and insert more than 5 Sims but none was detected. I re-installed new ROM may be it's software error but no way.

Kindly help me with a solution(s).

Thanks all

Sadly, your phone is is already on self-destruct mode. Watch out for next occurrences: cameras not working, sound not working and ultimately, phone dies never to wake up again.

My advice, don't ever update your phone again.
If you ever get a Redmi device, don't ever update it. (You can never tell whether or not it'll happen to your device... But, no report of such cases on phones never updated.

Trust me, I've been there.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2023
mahvie:

Hello chief, my redmi 7 just went off today and refused to come on. I tried charging it but it did not charge. I also tried pressing the volume button and the power button down but still, it wont come up or show anything. Any idea what could be wrong? I was charging it and wanted to unlock it that's when it went off.

Your phone has reached its expiration date. Comot eyes from the phone, any repair (the odds isn't much) is a waste of money
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chizip(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2023
15k-30k
genius43:

What is your budget?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teresh(m): 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
What redmi will you suggest for a user with a budget of 80-100k?

Response will be appreciated please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2023
Chizip:
15k-30k

QCY T13 ANC
Oraimo Freepods 4
Soundpeat H2
Edifier NB2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2023
ExtraUniqueGuy:

Sadly, your phone is is already on self-destruct mode. Watch out for next occurrences: cameras not working, sound not working and ultimately, phone dies never to wake up again.

If you ever get a Redmi device, don't ever update it. (You can never tell whether or not it'll happen to your device... But, no report of such cases on phones never updated.

But where did he state he updated his ROM before the issue stated?

It is amazing that for someone who can't distinguish hardware from software is dishing out advice.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2023
genius43:

But where did he state he updated his ROM before the issue stated?

It is amazing that for someone who can't distinguish hardware from software is dishing out advice.

Ma tanrẹ expert. Ask him if he never updated his phone na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2023
This is my advice to anyone who cares to listen: Leave your phone exactly as you got it. When you want to move to a new android version or MiUi or whatever, get a new device
You can't guarantee if or not your device will self-destruct afterwards as it's a 50-50 chance. If you have plenty money, risk anything riskable

I'm not talking down on Xiaomi, I even just got a new Redmi Note 12. I'm only telling you based on my experience with Redmi Note 10 pro, which eventually died like a month ago after several chronic illnesses 😆. It was just as if Xiaomi intentionally sent a buy OTA to slowly destroy the motherboard. I thought my issue was a peculiar one until I searched the internet and saw several people with exact same issue. Note: My babe's Redmi Note 10 pro is working fine 100% (never updated).

I know there are several others who update theirs regularly with no issues. But, why risk it? ... I've learnt a good lesson, if it ain't spoilt, don't fix it. However, still do you .

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2023
ExtraUniqueGuy:
This is my advice to anyone who cares to listen: Leave your phone exactly as you got it. When you want to move to a new android version or MiUi or whatever, get a new device
You can't guarantee if or not your device will self-destruct afterwards as it's a 50-50 chance. If you have plenty money, risk anything riskable

I'm not talking down on Xiaomi, I even just got a new Redmi Note 12. I'm only telling you based on my experience with Redmi Note 10 pro, which eventually died like a month ago after several chronic illnesses 😆. It was just as if Xiaomi intentionally sent a buy OTA to slowly destroy the motherboard. I thought my issue was a peculiar one until I searched the internet and saw several people with exact same issue. Note: My babe's Redmi Note 10 pro is working fine 100% (never updated).

I know there are several others who update theirs regularly with no issues. But, why risk it? ... I've learnt a good lesson, if it ain't spoilt, don't fix it. However, still do you .

Oga your theory doesn't hold a candle of water.

Na the same RN 10 Pro be this.

Irregardless of you updating your device if it will spoil it will spoil.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 1:12am On Sep 26, 2023
ExtraUniqueGuy:

if I was the one that said this, all hell would have let loose on this thread... some people are brand slaves and they will always defend anything even if it's obvious...

the syndrome of "because it doesn't happen to me, that means they are lying", smh.. some people will surely learn the hard way... the problem with Xiomi is still their software, I don't know who their software engineers are, they really need to work on that else that will be their shortcoming... because of my redmi, some of my other friends have also gotten a phone from this brand but to be on the safer side, I always tell them not to update it and they've been enjoying their mobile without any issues.... Xiomi software is poor, really poor and that affects their hardware... if you wan kill yourself over this, na you know... no brand is infallible...pick your poison... even transsion wey una dey insult sef don dey improve... if to say na transsion get some phones like Poco M3 or redmi 9t, omoo dem go hear wehhn..

do not be a brand slave... if you feel a brand doesn't offer you value for your money anymore or their issues is getting too much, try other brands... dem nor use chain hold you for leg... because las las, na you get your money, and if anything happen, na you go still suffer am..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 1:21am On Sep 26, 2023
ExtraUniqueGuy:

you see this your last paragraph, na the main thing be that... why would I want to fix what's not broken?... so many apps and softwares were broken due to updates... even the security they said it will cater for even opened it up for more security breach due to the bugs introduced by updates... if you aren't facing any major issues with the phone, why the need to update...?

in case you don't know, some updates are pushed to phone to even slow down the phone or kill it slowly so that you can abandon it and go for a newer one... it's a tactic top phone brands have been using for years and I don't get to see why Xiomi should be an exception... it's just what it is..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 8:33am On Sep 26, 2023
genius43:

I don't know how people who know practically nothing about Tech suddenly turn to advisers na

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 8:38am On Sep 26, 2023
Reminderz:

you see this your last paragraph, na the main thing be that... why would I want to fix what's not broken?... so many apps and softwares were broken due to updates... even the security they said it will cater for even opened it up for more security breach due to the bugs introduced by updates... if you aren't facing any major issues with the phone, why the need to update...?

in case you don't know, some updates are pushed to phone to even slow down the phone or kill it slowly so that you can abandon it and go for a newer one... it's a tactic top phone brands have been using for years and I don't get to see why Xiomi should be an exception... it's just what it is..
I agree with almost all you said o. But they push updates to us so as to kill the phone? Really? Updates are meant to improve the phone bro!!! For instance, I'm using redmi 10C, Android 13 and MIUI 14. The best performance has come within the period that I've started using this update, the phone came with Android 11, but I'm on 13 now and according to Xiaomi, this is the final OS update. Except security patches once in a while, so I fail to agree with that your last paragraph about top phone makers using updates as a tac to get to us.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2023
23jerryking:
I agree with almost all you said o. But they push updates to us so as to kill the phone? Really? Updates are meant to improve the phone bro!!! For instance, I'm using redmi 10C, Android 13 and MIUI 14. The best performance has come within the period that I've started using this update, the phone came with Android 11, but I'm on 13 now and according to Xiaomi, this is the final OS update. Except security patches once in a while, so I fail to agree with that your last paragraph about top phone makers using updates as a tac to get to us.
lol you don't need to agree but it's the truth... do you expect them to openly say this to you? lol

and I said some updates and not all updates... it's better to be on the safe side as obedience is better than sacrifice..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PacNwa: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2023
genius43:

Look for either Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G, Samsung A34 or if you can add 50k I would suggest the Poco F5
I have a brand new Samsung galaxy A34 for sell with the receipt and warranty still intact , never been used
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2023
PacNwa:

I have a brand new Samsung galaxy A34 for sell with the receipt and warranty still intact , never been used

You are quoting the wrong person.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:27am On Sep 26, 2023
Reminderz:

lol you don't need to agree but it's the truth... do you expect them to openly say this to you? lol

and I said some updates and not all updates... it's better to be on the safe side as obedience is better than sacrifice..

Obedience to what instruction? Did you create a rule to mobile usage we have to obey?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2023
Reminderz:

if I was the one that said this, all hell would have let loose on this thread... some people are brand slaves and they will always defend anything even if it's obvious...

the syndrome of "because it doesn't happen to me, that means they are lying", smh.. some people will surely learn the hard way... the problem with Xiomi is still their software, I don't know who their software engineers are, they really need to work on that else that will be their shortcoming... because of my redmi, some of my other friends have also gotten a phone from this brand but to be on the safer side, I always tell them not to update it and they've been enjoying their mobile without any issues.... Xiomi software is poor, really poor and that affects their hardware... if you wan kill yourself over this, na you know... no brand is infallible...pick your poison... even transsion wey una dey insult sef don dey improve... if to say na transsion get some phones like Poco M3 or redmi 9t, omoo dem go hear wehhn..

do not be a brand slave... if you feel a brand doesn't offer you value for your money anymore or their issues is getting too much, try other brands... dem nor use chain hold you for leg... because las las, na you get your money, and if anything happen, na you go still suffer am..

Right!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2023
genius43:

Lol. I actually know you have the device... reason why I emphasized on each individual doing whatever they want. They should just have expectations for anything afterwards. I'm creating awareness for such people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9235) (9236) (9237) (9238) (9239) (9240) (9241) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.