Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9170026 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9274) (9275) (9276) (9277) (9278) (9279) (9280) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by phiszo(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06
Usmanzy:
This is the first time am updating a phone and it ll run smoothly, no bugs so far from my observation
Kudos to xiaomi
Hey bro. How did you get the font?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Usmanzy(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06
phiszo:

Hey bro. How did you get the font?
Check themes store,there re bunch of nice fonts there

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Incredible128: 11:45pm On Jan 06
For the Huawei, there are workarounds for the playstore thingy (you should know that as a non "tech noob" grin(no offense)) and if one is to compare flagships from theirs and other top brands, you would be surprised of their performance compared to their peers. Secondly , the oppo x100 pro's cheaper than the s23 ultra; and third, since we're not comparing market share and popularity of different smartphone brands, I still maintain that the Sony is still a strong contender, especially in the camera department (I think you should check reviews of the phone). Not everything's Samsung or iPhone, you should know that they do not excel in all departments, they have their strengths and weaknesses
omasanbobo:

Guy rest!

Huawei don chop us ban with no hope of ever coming back, their phones are useless outside China

Oppo flagships and midrange are even more over priced than Samsung and iPhones

As for Sony their are officially dead and buried for good

Maybe you taught i was some random tech noob you could bully but instead na me go bully you with facts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OfficialGaGa(m): 12:58am On Jan 07
genius43:

If you had taken it to Igemburg 2 years ago that issue wouldn't have cost up to 10k to fix. It is just an IC to be replaced and that is all.

now he's saying 20k to repair it..... the prices of services keeps on increasing.. thanks 9ja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:51am On Jan 07
Incredible128:
For the Huawei, there are workarounds for the playstore thingy (you should know that as a non "tech noob" grin(no offense)) and if one is to compare flagships from theirs and other top brands, you would be surprised of their performance compared to their peers. Secondly , the oppo x100 pro's cheaper than the s23 ultra; and third, since we're not comparing market share and popularity of different smartphone brands, I still maintain that the Sony is still a strong contender, especially in the camera department (I think you should check reviews of the phone). Not everything's Samsung or iPhone, you should know that they do not excel in all departments, they have their strengths and weaknesses

X100 Pro is for Vivo. Oppo is the Find X series. The upcoming Find X7 Ultra is their next flagship
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aziddam1001(m): 7:47am On Jan 07
Hello all,

Please I'm having issues with my poco x3 pro. The volume button broke off so I taped it to the phone but now it no longer works.

Is this volume button replaceable?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Incredible128: 9:56am On Jan 07
Sorry, my bad; I tend to mix them together grin, vivo and oppo have same parent company though; that aside, I searched, and it seems the flagship of Oppo i.e the find x6 pro can be gotten for cheaper than the s23 ultra
genius43:

X100 Pro is for Vivo. Oppo is the Find X series. The upcoming Find X7 Ultra is their next flagship
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Overlord999(m): 10:02am On Jan 07
Incredible128:
Sorry, my bad; I tend to mix them together grin, vivo and oppo have same parent company though; that aside, I searched, and it seems the flagship of Oppo i.e the find x6 pro can be gotten for cheaper than the s23 ultra
I'm curious where can someone find oppo find x6 pro in Nigeria? I really like the look of the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Incredible128: 10:20am On Jan 07
I don't think you'd see it in Nigeria, i.e in physical stores(I could be wrong though), I think phone options in Nigeria are somehow limited; I got my prices from AliExpress though
Overlord999:
I'm curious where can someone find oppo find x6 pro in Nigeria? I really like the look of the phone

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:57am On Jan 07
Incredible128:

Yes BBK Electronics. Vivo, Oppo and their children.

As for the price I already said it to the guy earlier that Oppo flagships are priced reasonably the only problem is always availability.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:52am On Jan 07
Gmajor:

It is the 4gb ram version.
And the issue can't be space because I've been having these issues since the day I bought the phone

Na wa for you o.

Since your Redmi days of old, na 4gb you still go buy?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:56am On Jan 07
omasanbobo:

No amount of ram or high end processor would make me choose chinese smartphones over Samsung and iPhones

I miss the times when people would walk into a phone store and just buy either Samsung, iPhone, Nokia or LG not minding the amount of ram/rom the said phone came with

This tech wokeness is disgusting

Boss the irony in this your statement is that you are not 'tech woke'

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 1:59pm On Jan 07
GrandMufti:

Boss the irony in this your statement is that you are not 'tech woke'
I'm just a regular guy who use is phone for basic stuff

Make una de find sub 200k phone way go simulate the univerese in 8k

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 2:08pm On Jan 07
GrandMufti:

Na wa for you o.

Since your Redmi days of old, na 4gb you still go buy?

The last redmi I used (redmi 7)
Was 3gb, so I was under the impression that 4gb is an upgrade

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Overlord999(m): 2:30pm On Jan 07
Incredible128:
I don't think you'd see it in Nigeria, i.e in physical stores(I could be wrong though), I think phone options in Nigeria are somehow limited; I got my prices from AliExpress though
Yeah I couldn't find it anywhere too, just AliExpress. Is it safe to buy such an expensive phone from Ali?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mercie03(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07
noobody:

Which Redmi note?

Send message on WhatsApp,we can help out

Redmi note 9.

Kindly drop your whatsapp number if I can get it from you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mercie03(m): 2:41pm On Jan 07
Debroslink:

Any phone issue especially Xiaomi products, there are no better people to contact than Igemburg and Noobody.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mercie03(m): 2:44pm On Jan 07
genius43:

Yes BBK Electronics. Vivo, Oppo and their children.

As for the price I already said it to the guy earlier that Oppo flagships are priced reasonably the only problem is always availability.
Good day bro!
Please, Can I get 'follow come' Redmi note 9 from your end?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mercie03(m): 2:48pm On Jan 07
Gptech:

You got yourself a low end phone with HD display, not full Hd. The display in question is also an average LCD display so dont expect it to be great. One catch oems use to catch customers these days is huge ram and internal memory.
Good day bro!
Please, can I get 'follow come' redmi note 9 battery from your end?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Incredible128: 3:54pm On Jan 07
It is, some people buy from there; the thing is to check reviews of that stores, one thing I do is to check stores with more sold units and good ratings( from 4.0 or so and above) i.e after checking reviews; the only ish u'll have is that it ships with the OS for the Chinese market, but there are options provided by the seller where you can choose if you want them to install playstore for you(you can install it manually if you so wish). When shipping, do not use free shipping as I think some phone stores offer this; free shipped items mostly end up in the post office and I've heard some bad stories from there grin. Also, there ae some tricks to avoid taxing of items as I think some items above a certain amount are taxable by the Nigerian government grin grin
Overlord999:
Yeah I couldn't find it anywhere too, just AliExpress. Is it safe to buy such an expensive phone from Ali?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:22pm On Jan 07
Mercie03:

Good day bro!
Please, Can I get 'follow come' Redmi note 9 from your end?

I don't sell anything.

If it is battery you are looking for contact Noobody or Princekiah
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:44pm On Jan 07
Mercie03:

Good day bro!
Please, can I get 'follow come' redmi note 9 battery from your end?
I dont sell batteries oo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by boboLIL(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07
genius43:

I don't sell anything.

If it is battery you are looking for contact Noobody or Princekiah
Boss good evening...
Abeg my redmi note 9s has being rebooting since 1hr now...
I just finished answering call.. then I started...
I can't switch it off..
Abeg wetin I go do...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:11pm On Jan 07
boboLIL:

Boss good evening...
Abeg my redmi note 9s has being rebooting since 1hr now...
I just finished answering call.. then I started...
I can't switch it off..
Abeg wetin I go do...

Are you not sure it is not the battery acting out?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by boboLIL(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07
genius43:

don't have problems with battery..
The battery is at 82 % when it started tripping off...
I'm going back home now to plug it and check the outcome too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by boboLIL(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07
genius43:

boss it is the battery ..as I plug am.. e con de normal....if I remove the charger, it will trip off again.. please what do I do...?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephenponti(m): 9:13pm On Jan 07
Pls Between these two phone which should I go for

Redmi note 10s 6 / 128gb for 90k

Redmi 11s 8 / 128gb 105k

They are used phones. Or if you have a better deal on any other redmi within 100k budget.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shugah(f): 9:26pm On Jan 07
Good evening people,
Please I need help.
My redmi note 12 just fell on the ground and the screen went blank. It just keep blinking and nothing is showing on the screen anymore. The screen didn't break but I can see little ink spilled inside. What could be the issue please? Can the phone still be fixed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shugah(f): 9:31pm On Jan 07
noobody:

Before they said we are insulting those with issues again like this.

Did the customer centre tell you the duration you would get your phone back?
Even with Carl care,most phone issues are not always drop off and pick up.
I am certain some takes as much as 7 working days or 2 weeks
So I am asking again,were you told of a duration your phone would be spending with them?

And also please what issues did you face with the Redmi 12?

Please help.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:48pm On Jan 07
Shugah:

Good evening people,
Please I need help.
My redmi note 12 just fell on the ground and the screen went blank. It just keep blinking and nothing is showing on the screen anymore. The screen didn't break but I can see little ink spilled inside. What could be the issue please? Can the phone still be fixed?
Contact igemburg

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Debroslink: 10:00pm On Jan 07
Shugah:

Good evening people,
Please I need help.

It's not until you see cracks before you realise your screen is broken. Once you see ink on your screen and nothing is showing, consider it gone.

Igemburg's reputation is very high, contact him.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:20am On Jan 08
boboLIL:
boss it is the battery ..as I plug am.. e con de normal....if I remove the charger, it will trip off again.. please what do I do...?

You need to replace the battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9274) (9275) (9276) (9277) (9278) (9279) (9280) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.