Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9200430 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9277) (9278) (9279) (9280) (9281) (9282) (9283) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:09am On Jan 11
haryourdayG:
Hi guys, good evening. I found out my Xiaomi 12s ultra that was bought as used is partially rooted. How do I get it unrooted considering the device wasn't fully rooted and it's also preventing me from using some bank apps. Thanks in anticipation of your feedback.
Check if magisk is installed to be sure it was rooted using magisk. If that's the case, you will need to flash magisk uninstall. Wait, power off the phone first, then press power button and volume up. You can snap what you see with another phone. This your issue is suppsosed to be treated in the Tweak thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by viktorluiz(m): 10:23am On Jan 11
That's true...
I noticed my bank apps taking long to open after the update....piggyvest doesn't even open anymore...any suggestions?
Ikanium:
Hyper OS is all hype... Nothing special
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by viktorluiz(m): 11:09am On Jan 11
Redmi note 12
iamoyindamola:

What phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrrKay(m): 11:52am On Jan 11
Gptech:

Redmi note 10s of course.

Ok Boss
Thanks for the response
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lekerhymes(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11
Please bosses my Xiaomi Note 9 pro battery is swollen. Please where can I buy the original replacement battery?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 1:01pm On Jan 11
Gmajor:
I've noticed a pattern over the many years I've used Redmi phones.

The phones seems to get worse with every update.
The issues that the phones has are never addressed, instead superficial changes are made that do not solve any existing problem and in some cases, creates issues of their own.

The devs at redmi always have this obsession with providing updates without actually finding out what customer are already asking for. So basically moving forward for the sake of moving forward. No meaningful direction in mind.

SMH.
I've updated to hyper os on my note 12 and it's basically a theme that is almost 5gb in size.

The major issues I thought that will be adressesed like poor ram management will not adressesed.
Instead, the file manger now looks ugly AF and the data counter is now microscopic.
I just tire.

This is the last time I'll use a redmi phone.

Like I've said before, USE YOUR PHONE FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT WITHOUT UPDATING. When you get tired of os version, buy another phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by demzey(m): 1:46pm On Jan 11
pelvicky:
Good evening great minds.

Kindly help with this.
How do I remove this from my redmi note 12.

I need to allow notification for this app to work

Long press on the app, click on app info, scroll down to bottom and allow restricted settings

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:27pm On Jan 11
SirNeroDee:
Hello..

I've been switching between using my original charger and powerbank since I bought my Redmi 10c not upto a year ago.
Recently, I have touchscreen problems when using the original adapter. If I use my original cord with a different adapter or powerbank the issues stops.
Why is this happening?
I last experienced this kind of thing when I was using Infinix phones which is a loooonnggg time ago and I've forgotten how to troubleshoot this issue

If my charger is now useless, where and how can I get an original charger?
We de here for good chargers and cables.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pelvicky(m): 2:30pm On Jan 11
demzey:

Long press on the app, click on app info, scroll down to bottom and allow restricted settings

It work.

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benjaminy: 10:33pm On Jan 11
My poco f2 pro shut down and has refused to power on. When I insert a charger,it only shows red on the notification light while the screen is blank. Has never fallen down, didn't come in contact with water. The battery was never faulty and was 45 percent before it shut down. Gone around Abuja and they appear clueless about what might have caused it,even in computer village. I'm just super annoyed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trojan8(m): 6:44am On Jan 12
Benjaminy:
My poco f2 pro shut down and has refused to power on. When I insert a charger,it only shows red on the notification light while the screen is blank. Has never fallen down, didn't come in contact with water. The battery was never faulty and was 45 percent before it shut down. Gone around Abuja and they appear clueless about what might have caused it,even in computer village. I'm just super annoyed

Same thing happening to my previous phone (Redmi Note 8 ).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by parkervero(m): 10:08am On Jan 12
Why does rear camera distort my face but the front will not?

I have been wondering why does my face bend side way when I take pictures with rear camera but when I check mirror or take pictures with front camera my face looks straight and normal?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 10:54am On Jan 12
Hi Genius43 and other my ogas
My Mi 11 lite 5g finger print just disappeared on my phone and the power button too is not responding normally after I updated my phone,
Note: the phone did not fall down.what could be the problem boss ?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:58am On Jan 12
Seyilome:
Hi Genius43 and other my ogas
My Mi 11 lite 5g finger print just disappeared on my phone and the power button too is not responding normally after I updated my phone,
Note: the phone did not fall down.what could be the problem boss ?

Force restart first and see.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 12:12pm On Jan 12
genius43:

Ok boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 1:49pm On Jan 12
genius43:

I have done this, and the fingerprint has come but when ever I want to set it, it say couldn't add finger print, try again later.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12
Seyilome:

I have done this, and the fingerprint has come but when ever I want to set it, it say couldn't add finger print, try again later.

Download your full ROM and reinstall.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 2:28pm On Jan 12
genius43:

Download your full ROM and reinstall.
Pls where can I see my full rom to download thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:31pm On Jan 12
Seyilome:

Pls where can I see my full rom to download thanks

miuirom.org
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 4:35pm On Jan 12
Seyilome:

Actually a very common issue with mi 11 lite series,
Finger print dey always disappear.

Try to buy replacement sensor

But my advice,dey use pattern dey go,

Also you for nor update if you knew you won't factory reset.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benjaminy: 4:39pm On Jan 12
Trojan8:

Same thing happening to my previous phone (Redmi Note 8 ).

This is bad. It's definitely putting me off anytime xiaomi related.
Na to kukuma go back to Samsung
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12
parkervero:
Why does rear camera distort my face but the front will not?

I have been wondering why does my face bend side way when I take pictures with rear camera but when I check mirror or take pictures with front camera my face looks straight and normal?

It's your face

Flip the pictures horizontally, you'll get what you want

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by haryourdayG(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12
Thanks for responding boss. Magisk isn't installed. But when I checked using root checker, it's showing not fully rooted. This is preventing me from using some bank apps that keeps detecting the root status and I've not been able to unroot it.

Gptech:

Check if magisk is installed to be sure it was rooted using magisk. If that's the case, you will need to flash magisk uninstall. Wait, power off the phone first, then press power button and volume up. You can snap what you see with another phone. This your issue is suppsosed to be treated in the Tweak thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trojan8(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12
Benjaminy:

This is bad. It's definitely putting me off anytime xiaomi related.
Na to kukuma go back to Samsung

I am still using another Redmi device though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by haryourdayG(m): 8:56pm On Jan 12
Attached is the picture when I used root checker app

Gptech:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benjaminy: 9:04pm On Jan 12
Trojan8:

I am still using another Redmi device though

Their phones are addictive cos of their value for money,but their hardware seems kinda substandard. Used redmi note 4 when it came out. The power button which I hardly used,just died. Went to poco f2 pro. The power button also died and I had to put it to schedule power ON ,till it decided to shut itself down like that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 9:29pm On Jan 12
genius43:

miuirom.org
Ok boss, I think I will continue using it like this.
I will buy Samsung S series as a second phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 9:31pm On Jan 12
noobody:

Actually a very common issue with mi 11 lite series,
Finger print dey always disappear.

Try to buy replacement sensor

But my advice,dey use pattern dey go,

Also you for nor update if you knew you won't factory reset.
Thanks noobody , I will continue using it like this till I will buy another phone again, but I like this phone sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:59pm On Jan 12
haryourdayG:
Attached is the picture when I used root checker app

Of course it has lost root access because a new rom or an update was carried out on it. Have you held both the power button and volume up to go to recovery mode? I want to see if your recovery is custom or not. Check if it shows TWRP or Redwolf.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12
Benjaminy:
Leave it to charge for like an hour. Have you tried to enter into either fastboot or recovery mode?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benjaminy: 10:05pm On Jan 12
Gptech:

Leave it to charge for like an hour. Have you tried to enter into either fastboot or recovery mode?

Left it to charge overnight. Still didn't help. The indicator was still showing red throughout. Can't Boot to fast mode cos the power button stopped working a long time ago, and I had to use schedule power on for almost a year, though never allowed it to power off
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:12pm On Jan 12
Benjaminy:

Left it to charge overnight. Still didn't help. The indicator was still showing red throughout. Can't Boot to fast mode cos the power button stopped working a long time ago, and I had to use schedule power on for almost a year, though never allowed it to power off
Oooo, that power button is needed now. At this point the back cover of the phone has to be opened. I have seen cases like this where just removing the power flex and putting it back solved the issue. You can check YouTube on how to open it up or take it to a technician to help you.
After opening the phone , you should be able to turn up the phone by directly pressing on to the power flex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9277) (9278) (9279) (9280) (9281) (9282) (9283) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: erobes and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.