Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,010 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9172742 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9300) (9301) (9302) (9303) (9304) (9305) (9306) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by t33why: 6:46pm On Mar 21
olanreyman:

Just broke the screen of mine 4 days ago. If you want to buy and fix the screen then quote me.

How much you willing to sell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pepe1: 7:05pm On Mar 21
genius43:

It will not remove HyperOS but it will help in optimisations as you will install all apps afresh
I did the reset and re-installed the apps.
They worked initially, then started to crash again till now...all Microsoft apps (Edge, Outlook, Teams). It's really frustrating.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pepe1: 7:06pm On Mar 21
callydon:

I had such an issue (though on POCO X3 PRO, MIUI 14) where the "microsoft teams" app could not open, later found out that permission to "get system info" wasn't granted.
Once I granted that permission everything was alright. So check and see if that cud solve ur issues.
Thank you, but I didn't see any such permission to be granted to the app and the others.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pepe1: 7:08pm On Mar 21
noobody:

No sir,not insinuating that

But a factory reset can make a whole new software experience better optimized.
Bro, the factory reset did not solve the problem of crashing of Microsoft apps
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:50pm On Mar 21
pepe1:

Bro, the factory reset did not solve the problem of crashing of Microsoft apps

Someone mentioned you need to grant it unrestricted access in the permission settings,

So go the the settings and see what can be toggled on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lightnlife: 12:37am On Mar 22
This is exactly my conclusion.

I'm on my second abi na third Redmi phone with Note 10 Pro. It's less than 2 years and the performance has dropped.

I'm going for 13 pro+ soon will the hope of dumping it after two years.

TemporaryHansel:
From my experience after using four different phones from different xiaomi brands, xiaomi devices have a short life span. On the good side, they're very customizable ( for people interested in that). After two years just dump the phone or dash it out because it'll frustrate you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samcolee(m): 6:12am On Mar 22
lightnlife:

I'm on my second abi na third Redmi phone with Note 10 Pro. It's less than 2 years and the performance has dropped.

you're right but does Samsung or one plus give better experience even after 2yrs?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rapsowdee01(m): 8:43am On Mar 22
samcolee:
you're right but does Samsung or one plus give better experience even after 2yrs?

Not better but it's not as worse as Xiaomi. Xiaomi (especially Redmi) phones have a life span of 2-3 years (4 if you're lucky)... You'll first start having issues with performance, then battery, your phone will unnecessarily get hot...

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:54pm On Mar 22
Rapsowdee01:

Not better but it's not as worse as Xiaomi. Xiaomi (especially Redmi) phones have a life span of 2-3 years (4 if you're lucky)... You'll first start having issues with performance, then battery, your phone will unnecessarily get hot...

You probably don't know how to handle a smartphone

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:33pm On Mar 22
Rapsowdee01:

And someone is still using my RN5 Pro that I bought in 2018.

Handling is key. With poor handling an S24 Ultra will still look useless after 2 years.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Edalock(m): 3:45pm On Mar 22
I need to get Xiaomi 14.

When should I expect to start seeing it in the market here or how can I get it now. My old MI is already 3+ and falling hand
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by I8id(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22
olanreyman:

Just broke the screen of mine 4 days ago. If you want to buy and fix the screen then quote me.
My phone fell and the glass broke but still working perfectly I guess is just the front glass coz no ink or any faded parts. Is it possible to just change the front glass? I use Redmi Note 11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olavincentus: 5:31pm On Mar 22
My REDMI NOTE 9 PRO since 2021 is still going strong and fulfilling my needs adequately in 2024. I don't have any p.lan of changing it any time soon.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:34pm On Mar 22
Edalock:
I need to get Xiaomi 14.

When should I expect to start seeing it in the market here or how can I get it now. My old MI is already 3+ and falling hand

Come to WhatsApp we can help you order it,

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samcolee(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22
Rapsowdee01:

Mine heats up in the day mostly, but in the night like currently it's on 4g but temperature is normal not hot at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ventmobious: 10:19pm On Mar 22
olanreyman:

How much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ventmobious: 10:27pm On Mar 22
olanreyman:

WhatsApp number?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by asapyoms(m): 11:09pm On Mar 22
missylizzy:
Hey guys I'm looking for Poco f3 case and screen guard
Please, have you gotten? I need a poco f3 case too, preferably an armoured one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leetylee: 12:53am On Mar 23
NeoWanZaeed:

you can change it in the settings
Go to notifications you'll see use new "toolbar
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 9:55am On Mar 23
ventmobious:

How much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:04am On Mar 23
leetylee:
you can change it in the settings
Go to notifications you'll see use new "toolbar

Not there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ventmobious: 1:47pm On Mar 23
olanreyman:

WhatsApp number?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by myke92(m): 4:23pm On Mar 23
lightnlife:

I think I'll agree with both you guys, on my 2nd Redmi Phone, and it's just a little above 2 years, and yeah.. The Performance has seriously dropped.

I'm considering getting a Poco this time around., and I've made up my mind to dump it after 2 years.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by myke92(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23
Rapsowdee01:

Bruh..

You literally described what I'm going through now with by Redmi Note 10.

Poor performance
Weak battery
Hot plate undecided

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zebszebs: 7:58pm On Mar 23
Anyone know where I can get the replacement battery for Xiaomi Mi Mix 1?

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 9:05pm On Mar 23
genius43:

And someone is still using my RN5 Pro that I bought in 2018.

Handling is key. With poor handling an S24 Ultra will still look useless after 2 years.
Am posting this with my redmi note 5 that I also bought in November 2018, I didn't change even the battery. I am curious to see if the phone can reach the next two years grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joezik(m): 10:47pm On Mar 23
myke92:

Bruh..

You literally described what I'm going through now with by Redmi Note 10.

Poor performance
Weak battery
Hot plate undecided

That's just life bro.
I game a lot with my redmi. I bought it tokunbo. So I can't tell how many years the previous owner used it, but I'm 2 years plus... Yet no issue

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ekiseme(m): 6:56am On Mar 24
I greet una, last night my mi 11t pro went into main menu muiu recovery by itself and i was seeing options like reboot, erase data, safe mode etc, i was able to return it to normal but i noticed the volume key is malfunctioning by pressing itself and showing up on the screen, if i off and switch it on back it'll still go back to that main menu options,
Please what do i do to stop the malfunctioning volume keys ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:17am On Mar 24
Jacobx007:

Am posting this with my redmi note 5 that I also bought in November 2018, I didn't change even the battery. I am curious to see if the phone can reach the next two years grin grin grin

Go and buy a new phone Oga
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:17am On Mar 24
Ekiseme:
I greet una, last night my mi 11t pro went into main menu muiu recovery by itself and i was seeing options like reboot, erase data, safe mode etc, i was able to return it to normal but i noticed the volume key is malfunctioning by pressing itself and showing up on the screen, if i off and switch it on back it'll still go back to that main menu options,
Please what do i do to stop the malfunctioning volume keys ?

Go and change your volume and power button flex

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 3:20pm On Mar 24
genius43:

Go and buy a new phone Oga
Why should I buy another phone when this one is serving me well? We are in foreign exchange crisis and we need to curb wasteful spending

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pheranme9(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24
Please any idea of the price of Redmi note 9 replacement screen

(1) (2) (3) ... (9300) (9301) (9302) (9303) (9304) (9305) (9306) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.