Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9189502 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9307) (9308) (9309) (9310) (9311) (9312) (9313) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13
Gptech:

Oo, ok, its actually better. Seems you already made up your mind; you have your own preferences, but with that budget, my first option is definately an old flagship device, Xiaomi 12 at least. Second option will be the Poco F5. The performance of the Redmi note 13 pro+ is around the league of the snapdragon 865 in the likes of the Xiaomi Mi 10.
sd 865 was the best sd chip ever made, I intentionally avoided using sd888 or sd gen 1, I would rather go for sd gen 2 on a Huawei/honor brand to explore harmony os.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:28pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
I would rather go for sd gen 2 on a Huawei/honor brand to explore harmony os.

This is much better, abeg skip that dimensity 7200.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 2:49pm On Apr 13
Gptech:

This is much better, abeg skip that dimensity 7200.
lol... dimensity is a really good chipset una just dey look down on am and I used to be among the people that do criticize it but to be honest it's crazy good and their heat management is good if not better than some sd and google tensor (I have also used a pixel phone)
I think xiaomi using the chipset on the performance model of their flagship (T,series) and the pro version of the RN is something you should really think about.

I used mi11, mi11t and pixel 6 and

If I'm to give a winner in performance and battery it is mi11t but camera sucks

For camera it's pixel 6 but performance sucks

If you want a little bit of both a performance that's not as good as the mi11t but doesn't sucks and a camera not as good as pixel 6 but doesn't sucks then mi11 is your choice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:09pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
lol... dimensity is a really good chipset una just dey look down on am and I used to be among the people that do criticize it but to be honest it's crazy good and their heat management is good if not better than some sd and google tensor (I have also used a pixel phone)
I think xiaomi using the chipset on the performance model of their flagship (T,series) and the pro version of the RN is something you should really think about.

I used mi11, mi11t and pixel 6 and

If I'm to give a winner in performance and battery it is mi11t but camera sucks

For camera it's pixel 6 but performance sucks

If you want a little bit of both a performance that's not as good as the mi11t but doesn't sucks and a camera not as good as pixel 6 but doesn't sucks then mi11 is your choice
I want to believe you mean the balance of performance and battery management is better with the Mi 11t . Using the Mi 10 and Mi 11 ultra for about a week, the performance difference was evident in day to day use. That's SD 865 versus 888.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13
Gptech:

I want to believe you mean the balance of performance and battery management is better with the Mi 11t . Using the Mi 10 and Mi 11 ultra for about a week, the performance difference was evident in day to day use. That's SD 865 versus 888.
sd888 suckes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 3:22pm On Apr 13
Gptech:

For me o, I have gone for mi 11. I have vowed never to use redmi note series again, after using mi 11 lite 5g.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 3:28pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
sd888 suckes
In what ways ?, is it because of heating issue ?, all processors heat, yes, the heats just get level.I have lg g8 with sd855 do heat when in intensive usage, likewise the mi 11 lite 5g do heat when in heavy usage , SD888 is superior to sd865 any day , any time .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 4:00pm On Apr 13
Seyilome:

In what ways ?, is it because of heating issue ?, all processors heat, yes, the heats just get level.I have lg g8 with sd855 do heat when in intensive usage, likewise the mi 11 lite 5g do heat when in heavy usage , SD888 is superior to sd865 any day , any time .
stop saying that... chipset has gotten to a point where little improvement are not noticable sd865 can do anything 888 can do even dimensity sef.

Year after year of chipset Is not improvement neither is it superiority. As for the heating on 888 not it's not like something the same as other chipset heating issues, and to be fair xiaomi did not suffer hugh from that like the way Samsung s21 series did.

Xiaomi has a good heat management just like OnePlus but that doesn't mean it didn't suffer it too.

Like I said sd865 is a wayyy better chipset than sd888 and gen 1
I would rather buy Samsung note 20ultra than sd 888 or gen1 powered phone matter of fact if you give me a s20ultra and xiaomi 13 I would pick the Samsung, except of course it's mi13 ultra.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:18pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
sd888 suckes
I also thought so, until I handled the Mi 11 ultra. Current user is impressed with both battery life and performance. He was coming from the snapdragon 865 too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:20pm On Apr 13
Seyilome:

SD888 is superior to sd865 any day , any time .
Yes, you are right.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:24pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
stop saying that... chipset has gotten to a point where little improvement are not noticable sd865 can do anything 888 can do even dimensity sef.

Year after year of chipset Is not improvement neither is it superiority. As for the heating on 888 not it's not like something the same as other chipset heating issues, and to be fair xiaomi did not suffer hugh from that like the way Samsung s21 series did.

Xiaomi has a good heat management just like OnePlus but that doesn't mean it didn't suffer it too.

Like I said sd865 is a wayyy better chipset than sd888 and gen 1
I would rather buy Samsung note 20ultra than sd 888 or gen1 powered phone matter of fact if you give me a s20ultra and xiaomi 13 I would pick the Samsung, except of course it's mi13 ultra.
I believe that if you use the 888 for some days, then return back to the likes of 865, you'll immediately notice the difference. Those days, I used to argue not seeing the difference between HD ready and full Hd screens too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:26pm On Apr 13
Seyilome:

For me o, I have gone for mi 11. I have vowed never to use redmi note series again, after using mi 11 lite 5g.
Talking about build quality, you'll notice the difference between a flagship and a midrange device in just a few months time. The materials,be it glass are not of the same quality at all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 4:33pm On Apr 13
Gptech:

I believe that if you use the 888 for some days, then return back to the likes of 865, you'll immediately notice the difference. Those days, I used to argue not seeing the difference between HD ready and full Hd screens too.
I understand what you are saying and your experience is probably because you used mi11 ultra cheesy
Well the phone is a beast no doubt about that, but sd 888 is not what what give it the hd screen or qhd I believe. But then again I would pick Samsung note 20ultra over mi11 ultra... Samsung floors it in all camera, performance, screen expect battery and I think both phones are the same price range
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:42pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
I understand what you are saying and your experience is probably because you used mi11 ultra cheesy
Well the phone is a beast no doubt about that, but sd 888 is not what what give it the hd screen or qhd I believe. But then again I would pick Samsung note 20ultra over mi11 ultra... Samsung floors it in all camera, performance, screen expect battery and I think both phones are the same price range
Well, I was not comparing the screen of the Mi 11 ultra to another phone, was talking about screen resolution in general, phones, tvs, etc.
Regarding the note 20 ultra versus Mi 11 ultra, personal opinions about camera performance is always there, but the performance of the 11 ultra is definately better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dvkot(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13
Gptech:

Well, I was not comparing the screen of the Mi 11 ultra to another phone, was talking about screen resolution in general, phones, tvs, etc.
you lost me mate
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:47pm On Apr 13
dvkot:
you lost me mate
grin, I modified the last post.
Sincerely speaking, there are a whole lot of things that affect a device asides paper specs. Technology has really made things even more complicated grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 5:09pm On Apr 13
Gptech:

Talking about build quality, you'll notice the difference between a flagship and a midrange device in just a few months time. The materials,be it glass are not of the same quality at all.
Boss u are 100% right,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 5:17pm On Apr 13
dvkot:

[b]Like I said sd865 is a wayyy better chipset than sd888 and gen 1
[/b]I would rather buy Samsung note 20ultra than sd 888 or gen1 powered phone matter of fact if you give me a s20ultra and xiaomi 13 I would pick the Samsung, except of course it's mi13 ultra.
Well I won't argue with u bro, but how could sd865 be better than sd888 ?, I don't understand o, I will say it again and again sd888 is far superior to sd888, u won't notice while doing normal stuff, but I do know while playing heavy games .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13
Been trying to move my file of 6.5 gig to my memory card but after moving to like 50% .. it'll stop and say file too large.

And I'm having like 20gig free on my memory card

Any solution please. It's Zachiver app I'm using to move it

I've tried using system and xender.. it's the same thing.. copy and sent till half way and stops
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:44pm On Apr 14
NeoWanZaeed:
Been trying to move my file of 6.5 gig to my memory card but after moving to like 50% .. it'll stop and say file too large.

And I'm having like 20gig free on my memory card

Any solution please. It's Zachiver app I'm using to move it

I've tried using system and xender.. it's the same thing.. copy and sent till half way and stops

FAT32 has a 4GB maximum file size limit

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14
genius43:

FAT32 has a 4GB maximum file size limit

Is there any solution to moving file into obb and data without using computer on android 14 hyper os?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luu40: 3:07pm On Apr 14
Trex4:
Good day fam.

i have a kind of issue right now. My mi 9t pro since 2019 decided to give up unexpectedly. The screen is no longer reponsive, but it lights up and shows the wallpaper. But the phone doesnt respond to touch.

Went to slot and they billed me 134k for the screen. Is the price okay? im even thinking of just buying a new phone, but i need to move my files like Google authen from the old phone.

Is there a way i can access my old mi 9t pro and get the files out? maybe an app that lets me control the phone from a PC. What do you guys think? Need suggestions please.
Thanks

cc Noobody Genius43 Grandmufti

If you're only worried about Google authenticator, then you can use an OTG cable to connect an external mouse to your device. This should work and allow you clear up the things you want to since the phone is still alive.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:31pm On Apr 14
NeoWanZaeed:

Is there any solution to moving file into obb and data without using computer on android 14 hyper os?

Use a file manager it has been like this since Android 12.

Solid Explorer, Mixplorer etc

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:54pm On Apr 14
genius43:

Use a file manager it has been like this since Android 12.

Solid Explorer, Mixplorer etc

Tried using solid explorer but mi file manager can't grant me access to my data file in android folder.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 9:17pm On Apr 14
NeoWanZaeed:

Tried using solid explorer but mi file manager can't grant me access to my data file in android folder.

join me on WhatsApp and I'll put you through, your don't even have to use any eternal file manager.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:32pm On Apr 14
23jerryking:
join me on WhatsApp and I'll put you through, your don't even have to use any eternal file manager.

Number bro. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yemike(m): 10:09am On Apr 15
My Redmi 10 has been switching on and off by itself and whenever it starts it'll just off before even finish displaying the mi logo and it'll restarts automatically. It can go on like that for like over an hour but what I discovered is that whenever it starts it's madness if I put in a charger it'll stop and it'll be working perfectly but after I remove the charger the max it could stay on is 45 mins.
I took it to an engineer to repair and he said the problem isn't battery, he said he'll heat the panel which he does but after 4 days it starts it's madness again.
Who have experienced this before? What is the solution?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luu40: 3:59pm On Apr 15
Hey guys. The Mi Browser in my Redmi Note 10 Pro has been converted to Content Center. This happened after I received an update from Google Playstore. Even if I uninstall and reinstall it at again, a few minutes in using the Mi browser, it kicks me out and convert it to Content Center. And the Content Centre only shows Youtube video feeds, no browser at all.

I hope someone can help me out.

Device is Redmi Note 10 pro MIUI14.0.8, Android 13.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sureplug123(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15
Iyobo008:
I want to upgrade on my RN10 PRO this year. I have been checking out these 3 phones:
Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G
Poco X6 and
Poco F5
I don't care about camera. Just every day uses like performance and battery. Please which is more idea?

I have the first and last at giveaway prices, brand new.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15
NeoWanZaeed:

Number bro. Thanks
sorry I've been offline all day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:33pm On Apr 15
23jerryking:
sorry I've been offline all day

I've DM you on WhatsApp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shady92(m): 9:56pm On Apr 15
Good Evening guys, i have a budget of 250k for a redmi note 13. Do you think i should buy it or increase my budget and get uk used flagship of like 300k. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (9307) (9308) (9309) (9310) (9311) (9312) (9313) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chizip(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.