Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9415400 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dank1u:
Greetings to the house,

Swap my Glo sim for the 4g sim, but my rn3 special edition seems to be having issues connecting to 4g.
Is anyone using rn3 special edition on Glo network?

It could be network. Have you tried *#*#4636#*#*
Set the Sim to LTE only. Reboot your phone before trying this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
torres2:
Got my redmi 4 note and I find it difficult making calls. I can't receive calls with it and I find it difficult ending calls I initiate. I don't seem to get it at all.
To receive a call, press the green call icon and swipe up. To reject a call, press the red call icon and swipe up. To end a call, just tap the red call icon.

You can also use the power button to end a call. Go to settings>additional settings>accessibility>power button ends call.

Make sure to turn on proximity sensor by tapping the contacts icon> recents> tap the 3 parallel lines at the bottom left>settings>incoming call settings>proximity sensor.

In case you don't know, Proximity sensor turns your screen off when you place your phone close to your ear. It's good particularly at night when you are receiving a call.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
GrandMufti:

To receive a call, press the green call icon and swipe up. To reject a call, press the red call icon and swipe up. To end a call, just tap the red call icon.

You can also use the power button to end a call. Go to settings>additional settings>accessibility>power button ends call.

Make sure to turn on proximity sensor by tapping the contacts icon> recents> tap the 3 parallel lines at the bottom left>settings>incoming call settings>proximity sensor.

In case you don't know, Proximity sensor turns your screen off when you place your phone close to your ear. It's good particularly at night when you are receiving a call.

Having issues with this USB debugging thing on my redmi note 4 pro.. Don tap my build number seven times and still no prompt to enable me enable USB debugging..

Any ideas?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Having issues with this USB debugging thing on my redmi note 4 pro.. Don tap my build number seven times and still no prompt to enable me enable USB debugging..

Any ideas?

Not 'build number' but instead tap 'miui version' five times to enable developer mode. Then go to settings >additional settings >developer options>USB debugging

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Any ideas?
cheesy cheesy cheesy Abeg this una naming of una phones dey make me laugh oooo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
GrandMufti:

Not 'build number' but instead tap 'miui version' five times to enable developer mode. Then go to settings >additional settings >developer options>USB debugging

Awesome.. Followed the steps u mentioned and it worked flawlessly...

Thanx a whole lot man..

Kindly drop ur WhatsApp number, bruv..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
Gptech:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Abeg this una naming of una phones dey make me laugh oooo.

How so?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
Worksunlimited:

How so?
Na redmi note 4 or redmi 4 then pro? grin. Chai Xaiomi go kill us ooo grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dank1u(m): 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
GrandMufti:

It could be network. Have you tried *#*#4636#*#*
Set the Sim to LTE only. Reboot your phone before trying this.

Thanks for the reply, still having same issue. Please how you using the rn3 with Glo?
Even after selecting LTE Only , after rebooting it goes back to default.
Anyone using the rn3 pro prime, snapdragon special edition, global with Glo? I bought it because of the band 28
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jimikata(m): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
GrandMufti:

Hello bro,
Pls which one is better between xiaomi redmi pro, xiaomi note 4 and xiaomi redmi note 3 special edition?
Thanks in advance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dank1u:

Thanks for the reply, still having same issue. Please how you using the rn3 with Glo?
Anyone using the rn3 pro prime, snapdragon special edition, global with Glo? I bought it because of the band 28
Its you network jare, glo is likely not steady in your area. Even on 3G, I experience it sometimes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
jimikata:
Hello bro,
Pls which one is better between xiaomi redmi pro, xiaomi note 4 and xiaomi redmi note 3 special edition?
Thanks in advance.
Depends on what you want, redmi note 3 special edition for Glo 4g, aside that all Xioami phones are 4G capable. Between redmi note 4 and redmi note 3 depends on personal preference. Redmi note 4 is slightly faster and with slightly better metal finish for the design and also has a 64gig rom version . Redmi note 3 pro has better battery performance and slightly better camera according to reviews, and is also cooler too, with better sound output. For me personally, I prefer the redmi note 3 pro for the above stated reasons.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
Gptech:

Na redmi note 4 or redmi 4 then pro? grin. Chai Xaiomi go kill us ooo grin

Lolz.. Na redmi note 4 pro.. The high edition of the redmi note 4 dem kuku ma dash pro...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
For those with great desire for Android upgrade, the Mi 4c, Mi 4s and Mi max are confirmed to get Android N in the next 3 months according to Gsmarena.
http://www.gsmarena.com/nougat_update_confirmed_for_xiaomi_mi_4c_mi_4s_mi_note_and_mi_max_-news-22229.php
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
Gptech:

Depends on what you want, redmi note 3 special edition for Glo 4g, aside that all Xioami phones are 4G capable. Between redmi note 4 and redmi note 3 depends on personal preference. Redmi note 4 is slightly faster and with slightly better metal finish for the design and also has a 64gig rom version . Redmi note 3 pro has better battery performance and slightly better camera according to reviews, and is also cooler too, with better sound output. For me personally, I prefer the redmi note 3 pro for the above stated reasons.
Same here.
Many people bought the note 3 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Lolz.. Na redmi note 4 pro.. The high edition of the redmi note 4 dem kuku ma dash pro...
If dem come get snapdragon edition d name go be redmi note 4 pro prime, then 4gig ram, 128gig rom go be redmi note 4 pro prime pro, by then we don finally lost grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2016
Gptech:

If dem come get snapdragon edition d name go be redmi note 4 pro prime, then 4gig ram, 128gig rom go be redmi note 4 pro prime pro, by then we don finally lost grin

Lolz.. Well, heard they aren't releasing a snapdragon version for the redmi note 4..

Don't know how true it is..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Curiouscat: 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=temitimx19 post=51947787]
Hello. if you consider selling your redmi pro, i am interested. The uncertainty of my location these days is discouraging me from placing order and i need a phone asap. I dont mind adding to the total price it ypu bought it. Thanks kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Dank1u:

Do not reboot after forcing the phone to select LTE only. You could try another location.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Lolz.. Well, heard they aren't releasing a snapdragon version for the redmi note 4..

Don't know how true it is..
Might be true, but Xiaomi enjoy taking every segment of the mid range market. They may indeed release a snapdragon version and call it redmi note 5.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:02am On Dec 18, 2016
Gptech:

Might be true, but Xiaomi enjoy taking every segment of the mid range market. They may indeed release a snapdragon version and call it redmi note 5.

Very true..

Ever since i switched to Xiaomi, i have not stopped wondering why tecno and infinix are still in business, cos everything bout their phones is nothing short of been premium..

Even a die-hard Samsung and iPhone device lover held my redmi note 4 pro and was like "Mehn! This your phone make mad sense"

Think it's high time dey move into Africa and establish their offices in key countries..

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2016
Ok, finally Marshmallow update for redmi note 3 pro, better late than never.
http://en.miui.com/thread-439892-1-1.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2016
Gptech:
Ok, finally Marshmallow update for redmi note 3 pro, better late than never.
http://en.miui.com/thread-439892-1-1.html

Updated last week. Heating reduced a bit but persistent battery drain since 8.0.1.0

Miui 7 was designed around lollipop, that was why till date 7.5.3.0 remains the best miui version for rn3.

Similarly, miui 8 was designed based on Marshmallow. That was why MI 5 and other devices that came shipped with MM rom seems to be better stable.

Finally miui 9 will be based on Android N. Most likely, their next flagship phone will come shipped with android N.

I won't make the mistake of updating my phone from miui 8 MM to Miui 9 MM, unless android N is released.

But above all, they need to sort out this ram management and battery drain issue. Ten Google applications are running in the background and an attempt to disable them will bootloop your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dank1u(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
GrandMufti:

Do not reboot after forcing the phone to select LTE only. You could try another location.

Thanks man,
You've been very helpful, LTE only shows no network,but my brother phone has network on iPhone 6+,
Send 4G to 400 on Glo that's the msg,
I bought it because of the Glo network,
Anyone using redmi note 3 pro, special edition on Glo?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Curiouscat: 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hello. if you consider selling your redmi pro, i am interested. The uncertainty of my location these days is discouraging me from placing order and i need a phone asap. I dont mind adding to the total price it ypu bought it. Thanks kiss

temitimx19:

I bought my Redmi Pro 3gb/64gb Gold from Geekbuying.com, $190. I should get hold of it by next week, since it has been dispatched to Nigeria.. I can't wait grin
I would do reviews on it, Redmi 3s and Redmi note 4, if I have the chance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
Curiouscat:

Let's talk on WhatsApp.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
temitimx19:

Let's talk on WhatsApp.. 07036072670
When was it dispatched cos mine has been dispatched since 13th & i no get ham last week
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Very true..

Ever since i switched to Xiaomi, i have not stopped wondering why tecno and infinix are still in business, cos everything bout their phones is nothing short of been premium..

Even a die-hard Samsung and iPhone device lover held my redmi note 4 pro and was like "Mehn! This your phone make mad sense"

Think it's high time dey move into Africa and establish their offices in key countries..
I agree with that big time... For Samsung and iPhone users to say that...
I got to get this phone big time... Bringing their office to Nigeria would make sense instead of waiting for 10-20 days for your phone cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
Gptech:

Very true... Though i still doubt it though.. They may want to shift to the latest mediatek chipset and hence push up from snapdragon 625 to its 821 model..

Read somewhere though that they would be releasing a snapdragon version for the redmi note 4 and hence call it redmi note 4 pro prime.. This would be shipped for the India market.

It gonna be coming with 4gb ram whilst maintaining the note 3 pro's snapdragon 625 chipset.. With all other things remaining the same as is seen on the redmi note 4 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
GrandMufti:

Updated last week. Heating reduced a bit but persistent battery drain since 8.0.1.0

Miui 7 was designed around lollipop, that was why till date 7.5.3.0 remains the best miui version for rn3.

Similarly, miui 8 was designed based on Marshmallow. That was why MI 5 and other devices that came shipped with MM rom seems to be better stable.

Finally miui 9 will be based on Android N. Most likely, their next flagship phone will come shipped with android N.

I won't make the mistake of updating my phone from miui 8 MM to Miui 9 MM, unless android N is released.

But above all, they need to sort out this ram management and battery drain issue. Ten Google applications are running in the background and an attempt to disable them will bootloop your phone
Don't know where you got the analogy from, but again your opinion. Redmi note 2 came with miui 6 and Lollipop out of the box, but the best miui for me so far has been miui 8.
Regarding ram management you are correct, but unused ram is wasted ram don't forget that. I know a lot of phones with plenty of free ram, even almost double mine that can't dream of half the multitasking ability mine possess. Yes miui uses lot of ram but the big question is does it affect performance? Watch reviews on you tube and check antutu and see how Xiaomi flagship outsmart many rivals out there performance wise. So in the end one might really be tempted to ask what devices like the One Plus 3 does with their much available ram.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Very true... Though i still doubt it though.. They may want to shift to the latest mediatek chipset and hence push up from snapdragon 625 to its 821 model..

Read somewhere though that they would be releasing a snapdragon version for the redmi note 4 and hence call it redmi note 4 pro prime.. This would be shipped for the India market.

It gonna be coming with 4gb ram whilst maintaining the note 3 pro's snapdragon 625 chipset.. With all other things remaining the same as is seen on the redmi note 4 pro
If the info is correct, I may have found a proper replacement for my redmi note 2 cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
Dank1u:

Thanks man,
You've been very helpful, LTE only shows no network,but my brother phone has network on iPhone 6+,
Send 4G to 400 on Glo that's the msg,
I bought it because of the Glo network,
Anyone using redmi note 3 pro, special edition on Glo?
it's network I had same problem few weeks ago

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.