Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,357 members, 7,850,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:08 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9412413 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kolomax(m): 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
you might want to know how RN3 look like oya take it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2016
willian10:

When was it dispatched cos mine has been dispatched since 13th & i no get ham last week
Mine was despatched on the 5th of DEC
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
Gptech:

Don't know where you got the analogy from, but again your opinion. Redmi note 2 came with miui 6 and Lollipop out of the box, but the best miui for me so far has been miui 8.
Regarding ram management you are correct, but unused ram is wasted ram don't forget that. I know a lot of phones with plenty of free ram, even almost double mine that can't dream of half the multitasking ability mine possess. Yes miui uses lot of ram but the big question is does it affect performance? Watch reviews on you tube and check antutu and see how Xiaomi flagship outsmart many rivals out there performance wise. So in the end one might really be tempted to ask what devices like the One Plus 3 does with their much available ram.

You are right. Unused ram is wasted. But my issue is using my free ram for useless bloatwares ( like Google hangout or Google music). Mind you, there are ten of such Google apps which I don't use and they have serious negative impact on my battery life. Even stock Android allows you to disable of freeze such apps. LOL
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dank1u(m): 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
kolomax:
it's network I had same problem few weeks ago

Thanks just hope it works
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Gptech:

If the info is correct, I may have found a proper replacement for my redmi note 2 cheesy

Lolz
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oNj(m): 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
Dank1u:

Thanks for the reply, still having same issue. Please how you using the rn3 with Glo?
Even after selecting LTE Only , after rebooting it goes back to default.
Anyone using the rn3 pro prime, snapdragon special edition, global with Glo? I bought it because of the band 28

Haaa;
It had better be "network" cos I ordered that phone(still on transit) precisely cos of GLO band 28
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
GrandMufti:

You are right. Unused ram is wasted. But my issue is using my free ram for useless bloatwares ( like Google hangout or Google music). Mind you, there are ten of such Google apps which I don't use and they have serious negative impact on my battery life. Even stock Android allows you to disable of freeze such apps. LOL
I understand you bro, if those 10 apps are such trouble to your battery , disable their background activities. Indeed this is a case of different strokes for different folks. What is bloatware to you might be very important to others, in fact your most important app might be bloatware to me. As far as Xiaomi are concerned right now, what you call bloatwares are important part of miui, just like the stock miui music app, don't expect them to let you uninstall them. If you really are so keen on getting rid of them, you use the backdoor (root). All manufacturers does what Xiaomi does regarding what you call bloatwares. I wonder why mostly it is users of Android phones that complain of bloatwares, Apple users would rather call them features. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
Gptech:

I understand you bro, if those 10 apps are such trouble to your battery , disable their background activities. Indeed this is a case of different strokes for different folks. What is bloatware to you might be very important to others, in fact your most important app might be bloatware to me. As far as Xiaomi are concerned right now, what you call bloatwares are important part of miui, just like the stock miui music app, don't expect them to let you uninstall them. If you really are so keen on getting rid of them, you use the backdoor (root). All manufacturers does what Xiaomi does regarding what you call bloatwares. I wonder why mostly it is users of Android phones that complain of bloatwares, Apple users would rather call them features. grin

It seems you didn't read my initial posts. You cannot disable them. Xiaomi have a default music app, why include Google music app? They also have a stock browser, why add chrome which is much heavier than the stock browser? Who uses Google hangout? It has since been phased out by Google and replaced with Google allo.

Funny enough, all these Google apps are available on playstore , whoever needs them can easily go there and download them.

How these apps enhance the user experience of the miui is what I'm yet to understand.

No wonder the Chinese roms perform better than the global rom in terms of system stability and battery life, because the Chinese rom by default does not come pre-installed with these bloatwares.

Any third-party app that is forced on the end-user is a bloatware.

PS. Motorola phones don't come with bloatwares.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
GrandMufti:

It seems you didn't read my initial posts. You cannot disable them. Xiaomi have a default music app, why include Google music app? They also have a stock browser, why add chrome which is much heavier than the stock browser? Who uses Google hangout? It has since been phased out by Google and replaced with Google allo.

Funny enough, all these Google apps are available on playstore , whoever needs them can easily go there and download them.

How these apps enhance the user experience of the miui is what I'm yet to understand.

No wonder the Chinese roms perform better than the global rom in terms of system stability and battery life, because the Chinese rom by default does not come pre-installed with these bloatwares.

Any third-party app that is forced on the end-user is a bloatware.

PS. Motorola phones don't come with bloatwares.
Understand you perfectly, I knew you would refer to moto, we all know that Motorola uses almost stock Android.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rozaystunna(m): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
Damoxy:

this ROM wahala nko
which ROM wahala
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
Rozaystunna:
which ROM wahala
Me sef wonder oooo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Intellab(m): 12:36am On Dec 19, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Very true..

Ever since i switched to Xiaomi, i have not stopped wondering why tecno and infinix are still in business, cos everything bout their phones is nothing short of been premium..

Even a die-hard Samsung and iPhone device lover held my redmi note 4 pro and was like "Mehn! This your phone make mad sense"

Think it's high time dey move into Africa and establish their offices in key countries..
Is xiaomi note 4 pro different from note 4 prime?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:44am On Dec 19, 2016
Intellab:

Not actually, the difference is in rom size, one is 32gig while the other is 64gig.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 3:57am On Dec 19, 2016
Gptech:
Ok, finally Marshmallow update for redmi note 3 pro, better late than never.
http://en.miui.com/thread-439892-1-1.html

Cool. I am yet to get the update though.

cc: GrandMufti
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:10am On Dec 19, 2016
40manlappy:

Cool. I am yet to get the update though.

cc: GrandMufti
You can download manually if you can't wait.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 4:42am On Dec 19, 2016
Intellab:

Yea.. The prime comes with the snapdragon 652 chipset assisted with 4gb ram, while the pro comes with the mtk x20 decacore chipset assisted with 3gb ram..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 8:52am On Dec 19, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Yea.. The prime comes with the snapdragon 652 chipset assisted with 4gb ram, while the pro comes with the mtk x20 decacore chipset assisted with 3gb ram..
Bro sorry but theres nothing like redmi note 4 prime... its only pro which has the 3gigs ram and 64gigs of internal storage probably u meant the redmi 4 that comes with snapdragon 625 and 3gigs of ram and 32gigs of internal storage .. note sir they are two different phones dont be confused

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:59am On Dec 19, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Bro sorry but theres nothing like redmi note 4 prime... its only pro which has the 3gigs ram and 64gigs of internal storage probably u meant the redmi 4 that comes with snapdragon 625 and 3gigs of ram and 32gigs of internal storage .. note sir they are two different phones dont be confused

The redmi note 4 prime is the snapdragon version of the redmi note 4. Based on online reports, they are planning to release this particular version for the Indian market only..

Which is plausible, as mtk devices aren't allowed in the Indian market, at least, based on what i have been told...

You could check Google as well..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2016
Worksunlimited:

The redmi note 4 prime is the snapdragon version of the redmi note 4. Based on online reports, they are planning to release this particular version for the Indian market only..

Which is plausible, as mtk devices aren't allowed in the Indian market, at least, based on what i have been told...

Bro sources from xiaomi even says they arent releasing the snapdragon version of the redmi note 4.... I think they got other plans

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:40am On Dec 19, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Didn't even notice the error, true all redmi note 4 no matter the naming run mediatek x20 chipset. Thanks toluwanimi07 for pointing that out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Bro sources from xiaomi even says they arent releasing the snapdragon version of the redmi note 4.... I think they got other plans

Yea.. Read that too. Buh other sources choose to differ.. Ask yourself this.. Do you think Xiaomi would be willing to let go of their share of the Indian market, even if it's a tiny bit of it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Yea.. Read that too. Buh other sources choose to differ.. Ask yourself this.. Do you think Xiaomi would be willing to let go of their share of the Indian market, even if it's a tiny bit of it?

They even have a factory there. I'd be surprised if they don't release a snapdragon version because India is their biggest market outside China. But sometimes this xiaomi guys act funny. See them see potential to hammer big time, they'll be dulling.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 10:32am On Dec 19, 2016
amadika:
It's been so frustrating trying to fund my alipay pocket. Both GTbank mastercard and Access bank visa card has refused to work.
Pls can somebody put me through on what to activate on my cards for this transaction to go through. I want to buy a item of $290

Finally after so much verification and appeal on my cards, I was able to fund my alipocket balance with $280 for mi5 and other things.
Pls guys is this the best time to place order from aliexpress considering that we are approaching the Xmas season.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2016
GrandMufti:

They even have a factory there. I'd be surprised if they don't release a snapdragon version because India is their biggest market outside China. But sometimes this xiaomi guys act funny. See them see potential to hammer big time, they'll be dulling.

Honestly.. Na im dey tire me for them..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2016
Just picked up my Redmi 4 Prime over an hour ago.

Can't wait to get to the office to unbox it, even though I'd already taken a peep lol.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Intellab(m): 11:55am On Dec 19, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Here, prime has mtk. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32749891539.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dukeo(m): 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Lovexme:
Just picked up my Redmi 4 Prime over an hour ago.

Can't wait to get to the office to unbox it, even though I'd already taken a peep lol.

which site did you order from, what bank did you use how much in USD and how much were you charged by the bank please

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dukeo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
oNj:

Haaa;
It had better be "network" cos I ordered that phone(still on transit) precisely cos of GLO band 28

which site did you order from, what bank did you use how much in USD and how much were you charged by the bank please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
Intellab:

Here, prime has mtk. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32749891539.html

Redmi 4 = snapdragon

Redmi note 4 = mediatek

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2016
dukeo:

Xiaomi online store on Aliexpress. About $152 (silver white). I used Access Visa card.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
amadika:

Finally after so much verification and appeal on my cards, I was able to fund my alipocket balance with $280 for mi5 and other things.
Pls guys is this the best time to place order from aliexpress considering that we are approaching the Xmas season.
I think if you place now you are still safe depending on the seller. Dreami store has so far been effective.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: LUGBE and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.