Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers (93486 Views)

Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 10, 2016
nenergy:

You're a business man? Who you EPP? someone is inspiring Nigerians, you are saying he is lying. Ngwannu, inspire us with your own lie na. Business man ikpama!

correct......all those saying he is lying please inspire us with your own lies
in life you can't please everybody so do what you can and leave the rest.

6 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by SmithHumble50: 2:10pm On May 10, 2016
Nice Write up...
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Peterwins(m): 2:11pm On May 10, 2016
Onegai:

Peterwins in every other climate, getting investors into your business won't be a tough thing. But this is Nigeria, where there is little legal recourse. Nor everyome can run into business themselves. People have a right to be sceptical. I'm currently speaking to someone whom her job is to invest on behalf of her clients (she's handled large portfolios and her last big investment was in Mining and Solid Minerals) and I've been looking for some agro businesses to invest it and help expand the business by linking them to my contacts. Nothing has come up clean. I guess I'll keep looking.

Good, keep looking. I understand the restraint of trade. It's important for people to understand certain business dynamics. What if he (Ymodulus) suffered a serious loss as a result of a sudden tomatoes glut in the market or an accident. The story will change, people will call him a fraudster.

Most people want a safe investment. However, the greater the profit potential the greater the risk. This should not be a get-rich quick scheme (agric business is not one), hence my advise to the Op to restrain himself from collecting money from anyone.

PS: Potential fraudsters are also viewing this thread to take advantage of gullible people.

14 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by alpontif(m): 2:13pm On May 10, 2016
Onegai:

Peterwins in every other climate, getting investors into your business won't be a tough thing. But this is Nigeria, where there is little legal recourse. Nor everyome can run into business themselves. People have a right to be sceptical. I'm currently speaking to someone whom her job is to invest on behalf of her clients (she's handled large portfolios and her last big investment was in Mining and Solid Minerals) and I've been looking for some agro businesses to invest it and help expand the business by linking them to my contacts. Nothing has come up clean. I guess I'll keep looking.

Yea, there was a Time I (in partnership with some folks) wanted to finance agrobusiness Trade Transactions on a Profit sharing basis, our only requirement was for businesses who need the finance to provide us with a Bank Gurantee or APG from their Banks.....

Nobody was able to do that, all sorts of shady characters kept cropping up....

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by shepherdnoble: 2:14pm On May 10, 2016
Are interested in dry fish business? Contact me 07030284474 Joseph

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by redcliff: 2:18pm On May 10, 2016
Abidex35:

So unfortunate our previous yuan transactions were inconclusive, but this time around no excuse, I must deliver results

It's high time we get our hands dirty with tomatoes, will give you a call tomorrow morning coz it's late by this time already.

Na una dey too talk no action.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by 400billionman: 2:21pm On May 10, 2016
frankzone:
. I work in a bank, I understand everything he said about transfers, he's quite right, he's making local transfers to bdc agents and you can send as much as he stated. Most times some banks set the limit transfer as 1mil but you can upgrade to unlimited and I remember when he said his bank's customer care were calling him to verify the transfers. So in terms of his transfers bro, that's a non issue. Na d risks and logistics where wahala dey. I've known ds young man and he's a genius

Thank you very much man in suit.

There is no volume of business that cannot be done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by uzolexis(f): 2:22pm On May 10, 2016
MizMyColi:

I take it you're not aware I'm recently married.
Lol

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by MizMyColi(f): 2:37pm On May 10, 2016
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by 400billionman: 2:39pm On May 10, 2016
alpontif:

Hello,

I have been following Ymodulus's Thread, and I will understand why Businessmen dont tell people how they make money. I personally may not want to tell because you are going to bend some laws.

About the money transfer process in this particular Tomato thing, do you know something they call Hawala?...I can help you transfer 10 million dollars to any location in the world, and you will get the money in 5 minutes..

So, Its actually a cakewalk for Ymodulus to move millions across the border seamlessly.

About the Logistics of the 7000 baskets, and not following the vehicle, let me tell you something, Trust is crucial in Business, there is no way you can really scale without taking the risk of Trusting someone or a system..its that simple.

I have delivered Tens of Trailers of 900bag/Trailer Dangote Cement to Clients that did not mobilize me, have never seen me all seamlessly. It should also interest you that MY supplier has never met me before, and I never gave him a dime before he did all those deliveries on my behalf...While it might seem risky, It was all based on TRUST.

The people you collaborate with to do business must be people of very high personal integrity, From your Clients, to Yourself, To your Suppliers.

So I am not surprised that Ymodulus was able to do all these without breaking a sweat.

I am only surprised that he actually gave details of how he did it.

Yes, those in cement biz will know what Ymodulus is talking about..

4 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by joearinze(m): 2:40pm On May 10, 2016
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 10, 2016
To say that i m dazed at this young chap,is to say the least.

He needs to be featured in one of these SME Forums/Groups. We need more of you.

10 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by sonnie10: 2:42pm On May 10, 2016
redcliff:

136 sef is too high

Yes, considering that he is in his 20s.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by remsonik(f): 2:43pm On May 10, 2016
Mr macaroni riding on a bicycle........................,.......

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by PrinceAfo911(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2016
Bros your courage no be here oo. thumbs up.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by lilreese: 2:50pm On May 10, 2016
should start this business soon.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 10, 2016
How i wish I'm still living in the village, you would have been my business partner. The " Mongo" you went is not Mongo but Mangu. It's my local Government and Ampang west is my Home town. I wish you the best in business bro.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Canme4u(m): 2:56pm On May 10, 2016
Peterwins:
My sincere advise to the OP @Ymodulus, please do not collect any money (or be tempted to) from anyone (especially from Nairaland) to do this business on their behalf. Business is not for the faint-hearted especially when dealing with perishable goods/commodities.

Also this business is seasonal (the law of demand and supply applies) and therefore the profit/loss potential will vary based on the season when the trade takes place.

Protect your integrity.

I laughed and smiled at the ignorance displayed by the guy(s) that doubted your story. If not the fixation on oil and gas, Nigeria would have been an agricultural giant.

Cc Ymodulus
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Abidex35(m): 2:57pm On May 10, 2016
redcliff:

Na una dey too talk no action.

LOL grin, but how?
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by millhouse: 3:00pm On May 10, 2016
Tremendous
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by omoigbomina(m): 3:01pm On May 10, 2016
Ymodulus:

We planning by next week to expand our base like 1 J5 to Each States with high demand. We conxluded our research now in Illorin - Kukulende market, Minna Niger State- Kure Market, Abuja - Wuse 2 Market.
shout out to you,am impressed.Didn't you extend your research to mandate market cos that's the hub for tomatoes here in ilorin,except oko olowo.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 10, 2016
I just fell in love with Ymodulus.
But i got pissed seeing that he is an Atheist

3 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by drtwist(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2016
Nice one bro. Kuntinu
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by KPhantom(m): 3:15pm On May 10, 2016
wait oo, did i just hear that this guy is 23?? 23?? and im seeing 70million, ewo... Young rich Nigga.. #hats off to all risk takers.. #team agric.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by stuhporh: 3:16pm On May 10, 2016
Nice story, a lot of money involved, lots of techniques on how to move the money is involved, lot of info are not been told. But in the end he made it happen, its inspiring.

What i picked from these is growing tomatoes here in the southwest. it is possible, it is happening. i have seen 5 different green houses between Ajah and Epe growing tomatoes and pepper.

Living in Ibadan ogun, osun etc, this should be your target. GET INSPIRED BY THE STORY INSTEAD OF ATTACKING THE OP. ASK A QUESTION INSTEAD OF ARGUING WITH HIM.

11 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by stainlex(m): 3:25pm On May 10, 2016
kenonze:
I just fell in love with Ymodulus.
But i got pissed seeing that he is an Atheist

Who your piss epp? grin tongue

19 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Onegai(f): 3:26pm On May 10, 2016
Peterwins:

Good, keep looking. I understand the restraint of trade. It's important for people to understand certain business dynamics. What if he (Ymodulus) suffered a serious loss as a result of a sudden tomatoes glut in the market or an accident. The story will change, people will call him a fraudster.

Most people want a safe investment. However, the greater the profit potential the greater the risk. This should not be a get-rich quick scheme (agric business is not one), hence my advise to the Op to restrain himself from collecting money from anyone.

PS: Potential fraudsters are also viewing this thread to take advantage of gullible people.

you're right it shouldn't be a get-rich-quick scheme and there is a lot of risk on agriculture. Every business may suffer a set back, I'm looking for someone who knows what to do at the right time. And to all the scammers, let them try. I ignore most Pms and treat any entreaties for money as if coming from a criminal. Especially when the words "Christian/Honest/Good/Suffering Family"etc crop up in a business conversation.

7 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by billyG(m): 3:26pm On May 10, 2016
tosinjay:

You're true on this, hausa dey open and honest for business, more especially if you come sabi their language.
Try that with an onyi igbo & lose everything even if he is yur villageman.

3 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Onegai(f): 3:28pm On May 10, 2016
alpontif:

Yea, there was a Time I (in partnership with some folks) wanted to finance agrobusiness Trade Transactions on a Profit sharing basis, our only requirement was for businesses who need the finance to provide us with a Bank Gurantee or APG from their Banks.....

Nobody was able to do that, all sorts of shady characters kept cropping up....

So did you eventually find anyone?
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by ugoboss26(m): 3:30pm On May 10, 2016
This is exactly why u subscribe to Internet and almost run mad when I do not have network coverage. I know I am not ready for this venture yet, but no knowledge whether true or false is a waste, so Thomases please put your intellect into use before writing jargons here.

3 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by billyG(m): 3:34pm On May 10, 2016
sonnie10:

But the numbers you have there are not normal. That is prehypertension almost at Stage 1 hypertension.
Eat fresh tomatoes every morning 2 bring down yur Bp.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by sonnie10: 3:36pm On May 10, 2016
billyG:

Try that with an onyi igbo & lose everything even if he is yur villageman.

You are the biggest bigot ever. People send millions to Igbo boys in China, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan and Japan every second, you are here talking rubbish.

This is not about tribe, it is about "fraternity," kinda code in any circle you belong. Veracity is maintained in such circle because you own the person who introduced you to the group that debt of trust.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Bc / Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate From 1972-2017 Will Amaze You (photos) / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.