Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers (93559 Views)

Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by OLAJADON: 5:05pm On May 10, 2016
Ymodulus:

Hey Nairalanders,

As usual i have always enjoyed sharing my business soujourn all through out the years. And as several people here who know me, i do not believe in running a permanent business all through, i beling to the warren Buffet Business school of thought which believes that your business ideas and moves should be adaptable  to CHANGE.

Today am here to share my story on my quest for Gold. With much detailing to trial and error and success.

My story will be shared in the following line-up.

- The Idea
- The .....
can i get ur whatsapp number
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by ojabel(m): 5:05pm On May 10, 2016
This is good
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by jabojafa(m): 5:06pm On May 10, 2016
Ymodulus:

Hey Nairalanders,

As usual i have always enjoyed sharing my business soujourn all through out the years. And as several people here who know me, i do not believe in running a permanent business all through, i beling to the warren Buffet Business school of thought which believes that your business ideas and moves should be adaptable  to CHANGE.

Today am here to share my story on my quest for Gold. With much detailing to trial and error and success.

My story will be shared in the following line-up.

- The Idea
- The .....
Op let do business in the land of promise. Akwa Ibom to be precise.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by mrsage(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2016
onatisi:
I don't know why Nigerians are celebrating this article. In all honesty this is an article that Nigerians should be sad about. Yes ,agreed the profit margin is good and that is even only if the story is wholly true ,it seems the get rich syndrome in Nigerians is what is making ppl jumpy about this news .
A Nigerian has succeeded in dashing almost 10million naira to Cameroon, the Cameroonians will shake hands with us and turn round to make jest of us,no wonder Africans usually call Nigeria "big for nothing", Nigeria happens to be the" only country in the world that export everything that she needs but import everything that she has" how can a Nigerian be happy to invest 76 million naira to import tomatoes and yet Nigerians are happy!!!! A white man will shake his head in disbelief if he reads it. Nigeria has the land,the weather,the human labour and all that is needed to produce tomatoes in export quantities. No wonder dangote is getting richer and richer ,he has seen the huge potentials in Nigeria and he is continuously and continually exploiting them. The only positive I can derive from this article is the fact that there is massive market potentials for tomatoes in Nigeria and the local supply is not enough to satisfy the local demand talk less of exportation. Investing in tomatoes farming in Nigeria definitely wouldn't cost up to the 76 mil or 10mil naira to import tomatoes!!. Instead of Nigerians thinking and racking their brains about dashing Cameroon money,lets ppl come together and work in starting up tomatoes farms ,a poster mentioned something about green houses and things like that ,many readers didn't take notice simply because of the Nigeria factor of get rich quick,buy today sell tomorrow and make profit but it is time we start planing for 10 years or more .

I'm sure you haven't conducted a single business transaction in your life time.

You need to take lessons in business and basic economics.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by onoja12: 5:15pm On May 10, 2016
Bill Gate a what?? abeg name one person him help??

kevoh:

Atheists are not monsters, they are good people too with various philantrophic gestures like Bill gates. The average Nigerian will hide secrets to his successful business deals but not Mr.Young(Ymodulus). Even some sceptics on this thread, who claim to have been in similar biz yet have never bothered to share such golden info as Young has been doing.
Learn to look beyond irreligious and religious toga. See people as humans first before any other thing!
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by DEBJOCH1(m): 5:20pm On May 10, 2016
I keep saying it, and will not stop saying, a typical Nigerian Fulani man or woman is not capable of killing, a Nigerian Falani man is usually very much afraid of Uniform men or law enforcement agent, I am from the eastern part of Nigeria and have encountered the real Nigerian fulani men with their cows in the forest on several occasion of which I stop and have good conversation with them on several.

The blood testy nomads who goes about in most Nigerian villages killing and maiming life and properties are not fulanis, these people some times are Malian, Tchadians and Nigeriens, they are self sponsored by their beast lords for the purpose of dis-integrating our great nation. It's high time we get united as a nation to fight this foreign beast who have a sole aim of making sure that we dont have peace in this nation.

I was born, brought up and bread in the north.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 10, 2016
[quote author=Ymodulus post=45460858]

Tomatoes is also been imported from Benin and Togo into Nigeria.

Did a quick search before I type rubbish and found out there's a big farm (Songhai Farms) in Port Novo that grow tomatoes in commercial quantity. Port Novo is less than 2 hours away from Idiroko. The climate is the same, the soil type is probably be the same. Now the question: Why dafuck do we not have large tomato farms in such areas?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by DEBJOCH1(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2016
I keep saying it, and will not stop saying, a typical Nigerian Fulani man or woman is not capable of killing, a Nigerian Falani man is usually very much afraid of Uniform men or law enforcement agent, I am from the eastern part of Nigeria and have encountered the real Nigerian fulani men with their cows in the forest on several occasion of which I stop and have good conversation with them on several occasion, they are friendly and accommodating.

The blood testy nomads who goes about in most Nigerian villages killing and maiming life and properties are not fulanis from Nigeria, these people are Malian, Chadians and Nigerien's, they are self sponsored by their beast lords for the purpose of dis-integrating our great nation. It's high time we get united as a nation to fight this foreign beast who have a sole aim of making sure that we dont have peace in this nation.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by kafeii123: 5:35pm On May 10, 2016
stainlex:
Respect to your constant demystification of several businesses. Nice one. How do you take care of the perishable nature of the goods given the looming possibility of unnecessary delays? Do you insure or have plans of using refrigerated vehicles? I'm thinking scalability and sustainability. Would appreciate a response.

Kudos.

This point(refrigerated vehicles) will be a sort of lifesaver. But alas, Nigeria currently lacks the skills for their maintenance and handling. Even those who import such trucks eventually remove these components

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by repogirl(f): 5:38pm On May 10, 2016
The thing I understood from OPs story is that there is no single tomatoes in Nigeria! Chei!

Sai Chains!

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by stainlex(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2016
Onegai:

you're right it shouldn't be a get-rich-quick scheme and there is a lot of risk on agriculture. Every business may suffer a set back, I'm looking for someone who knows what to do at the right time. And to all the scammers, let them try. I ignore most Pms and treat any entreaties for money as if coming from a criminal. Especially when the words "Christian/Honest/Good/ Suffering Family"etc crop up in a business conversation.

At the emboldened, I must add that the 4 of the people that have done me strong things in business fronted with 'Pastor', Alfa and 'Church elder'..I told the church elder guy the moment he mentioned it that if he had anything good to offer, he wouldn't front with that. Let his operational pedigree speak for him. I tested him with small money and he frustrated my life with that. I was glad the money wasn't more than that. I have done biz with honest religious people, but it wasn't among their pitch sef. The moment someone mentions his or her religiosity in a pitch, I now know better. Easy peasy!

4 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by stainlex(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2016
kafeii123:

This point(refrigerated vehicles) will be a sort of lifesaver. But alas, Nigeria currently lacks the skills for their maintenance and handling. Even those who import such trucks eventually remove these components

There's no big deal in their maintenance. I did my IT in a company that imports fishes and guess what, we had hundreds of refrigerated trucks to service and all. My point is, there are professionals who handle such. Na wetin dem dey take feed dem families be that.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by piagetskinner(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2016
This is a brilliant idea.... .ure a risk taker
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by kevoh(m): 5:50pm On May 10, 2016
onoja12:

Learn to employ google as a research tool. Below is a link of one of his philantrophic gestures in just Nigeria alone not mentioning other parts of the world.
https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://www.naij.com/706038-check-much-bill-gates-dangote-donated-sustain-5-million-families-photos.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwisruPp-c_MAhWEfxoKHXnJDcYQFgg_MAk&usg=AFQjCNEKlMZ2i9rvH_Zg-zyg-bK5POJ4nQ

I would not even mention his financial aid gestures in lowering polio in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by stainlex(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2016
onoja12:

I once bought an anti-malarial drug for like 20% of the actual value. Guess who made it possible? Bill and Melinda gates foundation. You were saying?

3 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by iomoge2(f): 5:55pm On May 10, 2016
[quote author=LucifersTongue post=45496693][/quote]

It's because you n I are doing nothing
I wish we can come together in groups, bring some savings and do something.

A group on 20 young adults farming something is not a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by onoja12: 6:08pm On May 10, 2016
hahahahaahh hear yourself,you bought an anti malaria drug manufactured in a company where bill gate is the investor and you say he gave you a 20% discount,i would call that good marketing strategy ,by the way i would advice you to check which sickness that drug gives you because bill gate believes the world is over populated and some people should be killed,definitely not whites.so that leaves people like you

stainlex:

I once bought an anti-malarial drug for like 20% of the actual value. Guess who made it possible? Bill and Melinda gates foundation. You were saying?
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by onoja12: 6:13pm On May 10, 2016
you learn to use common sense,publicity stunts are to fool those with little brains,i ask you to show me one person,or name the person you are referring me to google.please,Bill gate is simply killing black people in his bid to depopulate the world,why making money of you before killing you,but in case you doubt me then i shall use that google you mentioned to prove it to you

kevoh:
Learn to employ google as a research tool. Below is a link of one of his philantrophic gestures in just Nigeria alone not mentioning other parts of the world.
https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://www.naij.com/706038-check-much-bill-gates-dangote-donated-sustain-5-million-families-photos.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwisruPp-c_MAhWEfxoKHXnJDcYQFgg_MAk&usg=AFQjCNEKlMZ2i9rvH_Zg-zyg-bK5POJ4nQ

I would not even mention his financial aid gestures in lowering polio in Nigeria.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by kaboninc(m): 6:14pm On May 10, 2016
onoja12:
hahahahaahh hear yourself,you bought an anti malaria drug manufactured in a company where bill gate is the investor and you say he gave you a 20% discount,i would call that good marketing strategy ,by the way i would advice you to check which sickness that drug gives you because bill gate believes the world is over populated and some people should be killed,definitely not whites.so that leaves people like you

Some comments sef fit make person puke!

Whats your point brother?

4 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by onoja12: 6:24pm On May 10, 2016
seems you are quit ignorant on what Bill Gates uses his foundation for ,dont worry i would educate you today.make sure you watch him speak and listen to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjj4Iq-rsNg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjBvaBxog5Y

kaboninc:

Some comments sef fit make person puke!

Whats your point brother?

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by barnabas91: 6:25pm On May 10, 2016
omoigbomina:
shout out to you,am impressed.Didn't you extend your research to mandate market cos that's the hub for tomatoes here in ilorin,except oko olowo.
bro if you are in ilorin presently, and u are an entreprenuer, we can team up together, i have a biz idea that can fetch us real money here in ilorin, what we need is marketing. Giv me ur number, lets meet and talk better. That is, if u are not scared.
Am a student of unilorin, and well known by many.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by onatisi(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2016
iomoge2:

It's because you n I are doing nothing
I wish we can come together in groups, bring some savings and do something.

A group on 20 young adults farming something is not a bad idea.
God bless ur intelligent brain for this wonderful and brilliant contribution.

3 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by kafeii123: 6:31pm On May 10, 2016
juwoonn:

boss fulani killing is minimal...na bororo dey kill..but people generalize them as fulani

While I do not have any counter to your point,
It'll only be of use if you can spell out (if you know how) the distinguishing feature between these two. Physical, language or otherwise.
So that they don't suffer reprisals for nothing

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by kafeii123: 6:33pm On May 10, 2016
jammyunn:
nice one...I had to go into this too but mine is imported from Italy. it's canned fresh tomatoes and my customers are impressed with it.

And how do you manage to sustain profitability with these exchange rates ( I assume you'd need euros) abi "imported fresh tomatoes" is enough selling point?

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by kafeii123: 6:34pm On May 10, 2016
DEBJOCH1:
I keep saying it, and will not stop saying, a typical Nigerian Fulani man or woman is not capable of killing, a Nigerian Falani man is us

How do you differentiate one from the other?

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by stainlex(m): 6:36pm On May 10, 2016
onoja12:

It's actually an 80% discount if your maths skills are half as sound as your comprehension skills (which doesn't seem that sound too), and it was subsidized by his foundation, not that he was an investor. I won't argue with your ilk so as not to derail this thread. Get well soon bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by kafeii123: 6:37pm On May 10, 2016
stainlex:

There's no big deal in their maintenance. I did my IT in a company that imports fishes and guess what, we had hundreds of refrigerated trucks to service and all. My point is, there are professionals who handle such. Na wetin dem dey take feed dem families be that.

Really? Thanks and where is that?
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by redcliff: 6:38pm On May 10, 2016
sonnie10:

I thought about everything you mentioned but because there were so many cheerleaders here, I decided to chill.

Lmao cheerleaders!!! grin
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by stainlex(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2016
kafeii123:

Really? Thanks and where is that?

Somewhere along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, close to Ijesha bus stop. I'm assuming you're in Lagos. There are some techies on Ilasa and Ladipo too IIRC.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by kayjegs: 6:42pm On May 10, 2016
Nice read. I have discussed something like this before and I have a thread which has helped many people understand this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

I have also always maintained that there is a huge demand for all these products. However, my approach was that people should plant these vegetables including tomatoes in Nigeria and make more profit. Imagine, you planting the tomatoes and then selling instead of importing it. Ymodulus has done good for himself and I like his business mind. I will implore that he gets a land and start cultivating this product here in Nigeria together with his import and later when his farm is sustainable, he can reduce the import. In this way, the money stays within Nigeria and helps the economy. And all other youthful mind wanting to jump into this business must think this way...What if I can plant this crop myself?. My thread has explained the potentials and how any type of tomatoes can grow in any part of the world. It was something we did in our little garden in Ondo State with just little fertilizer, our tomatoes were bigger than most bigger tomatoes in the market and for a year we had continuous supply of tomatoes. I explained all these in my thread. You can also read of other business ideas; areas untapped that people can go into. Not everybody can go into the commodity business. No matter how good Ymodulus explains to you, you can't understand until you start and feel it yourself. I did some business years ago in the area of bringing down yams from the North to sell in Lagos and so on. I had to learn the risks when losing and then gained afterwards. In short, please let us encourage Nigerian produce....let the planting begin. Check the thread for other areas you can tap.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by onoja12: 6:43pm On May 10, 2016
i would have love to argue with you but i would rather have Bill Gate himself tell you what he is up to.please watch him and listen to him well before you come here to think you are brilliant.he would soon teach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjBvaBxog5Y

stainlex:

It's actually an 80% discount if your maths skills are half as sound as your comprehension skills (which doesn't seem that sound too), and it was subsidized by his foundation, not that he was an investor. I won't argue with your ilk so as not to derail this thread. Get well soon bro.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by lakeside4love(m): 6:48pm On May 10, 2016
onatisi:
I don't know why Nigerians are celebrating this article. In all honesty this is an article that Nigerians should be sad about. Yes ,agreed the profit margin is good and that is even only if the story is wholly true ,it seems the get rich syndrome in Nigerians is what is making ppl jumpy about this news .
A Nigerian has succeeded in dashing almost 10million naira to Cameroon, the Cameroonians will shake hands with us and turn round to make jest of us,no wonder Africans usually call Nigeria "big for nothing", Nigeria happens to be the" only country in the world that export everything that she needs but import everything that she has" how can a Nigerian be happy to invest 76 million naira to import tomatoes and yet Nigerians are happy!!!! A white man will shake his head in disbelief if he reads it. Nigeria has the land,the weather,the human labour and all that is needed to produce tomatoes in export quantities. No wonder dangote is getting richer and richer ,he has seen the huge potentials in Nigeria and he is continuously and continually exploiting them. The only positive I can derive from this article is the fact that there is massive market potentials for tomatoes in Nigeria and the local supply is not enough to satisfy the local demand talk less of exportation. Investing in tomatoes farming in Nigeria definitely wouldn't cost up to the 76 mil or 10mil naira to import tomatoes!!. Instead of Nigerians thinking and racking their brains about dashing Cameroon money,lets ppl come together and work in starting up tomatoes farms ,a poster mentioned something about green houses and things like that ,many readers didn't take notice simply because of the Nigeria factor of get rich quick,buy today sell tomorrow and make profit but it is time we start planing for 10 years or more .
Epic...Best post I ve read so far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Bc / Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria (Photos) / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.