Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. (40797 Views)

“domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors / How To Know And Avoid Domestic Violence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by mrMeen(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2016
men are in trouble everything happen na mans fault. Should a woman abuse a man verbrally its ok. Let me tell you the tounge of some women is as poisonous as a box jelly fish. Physical wounds heal overtime but emotional ones, even time cannot heal. But alas what man can do a woman can do even better. And now they will start calling me woman hater. Sign well i said my mind.

5 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:

Im always glad when i read comments from married people because hey can rrelate better with most of my articles.
no we can't. Your 'articles' sound like crap to us.

Articles indeed

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2016
spill:

I wish I can click 1,000,000 likes for your post.
Any man that gets married to that lady will be declared COMPLETELY FINISHED.

MEN RUN AWAY FROM SUCH LADIES, IF THINGS TURN BAD FOR YOU AND SHE BEARS THE FAMILY LOAD FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, SHE WILL COMPLETELY FINISH YOU WITH INSULTS AND SILLY ATTITUDES.

TOKS2008, I LOVE YOUR WORDS OF ADVICE.
NOTE: Not everyone has the ability to comprehend.

Thanks bro...my threads are always controvertial but for those who are patient to rread thru,they will always see great sense in it.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 09, 2016
Toks2008:

So spot on.

I have watched many instances where ladies play victims after they pushed the man to the wall.

I read a post where the owner of NL said Men should use their own mouth to exchange words with the woman.....

Its funny though, Has anyone ever wondered why there are more male to male fights than the females its simply b'cos men are not ready to exchange words for a long time, within 5 mins of heated arguement ( including soccer cheesy ) they start throwing punches mercilessly on each other ..... Whereas Women can go hours pouring all sorts of words on their opponent without lifting a finger cheesy ....

I'll advise guys to grow very very thick skin b'cos when she's all out on you, she'll purposely say things that she knows will hurt you very well .... My 2 cents wink ..
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by aubventure: 11:01pm On May 09, 2016
omooba969:

And hitting her is the solution to your nauseating problem or will probably make you feel better, wouldn't it.

Awon oponu gbogbo. cool

I never said beating her is the solution but what I'm trying to say is for her to use her tongue well. I wouldn't abuse you. the last statement made just showed who you are.

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by johnson232: 11:17pm On May 09, 2016
Strahovski1:
Useless...

No matter what. You have no right to hit a woman. A man abuse you would you punch him? NO. But a woman you will.

*Pulls out dick and start masturbation on threaD*
how old are u?

u didnt read this article, u commented based on the title...
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 09, 2016
Seun:
I am so sorry about this topic. We have dropped it from the home page. Victim blaming is something that should never be condoned. It's not bad to say, 'here are the things you can do to protect yourself', but to say that the people who have been abused are the "main cause" is evil.

it is not enough to drop it from the home page, whoever pushed it to the home page needs some sort of reorientation. it is the same way misogynistic threads about linda ikeji's 'smelly wetin call' and which of wizkids directors leaked the gist about the 'smelly wetin call' were pushed to the home page.

you have a lot of work to do in training some of the people that work for you in sensititvity and basic respect for women.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by johnson232: 11:23pm On May 09, 2016
cococandy:
no we can't. Your 'articles' sound like crap to us.

Articles indeed
what do u mean by 'we'?

woman speak for yourself... or are u the president of NL married women association? undecided

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by johnson232: 11:29pm On May 09, 2016
Seun:
I am so sorry about this topic. We have dropped it from the home page. Victim blaming is something that should never be condoned. It's not bad to say, 'here are the things you can do to protect yourself', but to say that the people who have been abused are the "main cause" is evil.
@bold perception i guess... the op got valid points...

caution should be applied by all...

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by talk2alabama: 11:34pm On May 09, 2016
MondeLuv:
OP if your dad beats your mother always, how would you feel?
what is d problem with u ladies? Are u guys so blind or what? Didn't u read toks2008's first paragraph?

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by noblegrex: 11:40pm On May 09, 2016
Mamatee07:

And if the husband is found cheating? Can she go ahead and poison him too? Just wait until women start killing men for cheating too. Let's see how many Nigerians will be left
there they go again. Always trying to compete with men. Well,sorry is their case.Nothing. On EARTH can change the fact that MEN are MEN and will remain. That's how it was,that's how it is and that's how it'll continue to be till end of Earth.Besides the topic is talking about what ladies does that provokes or can upset a man to punch her.. Well,I don't have that nerve and I don't pray for such provocations. Shi ke na.

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 12:05am On May 10, 2016
ndcide:
In my office a lady who was eventually fired, Broke the heads of two of my male colleagues just because they corrected her.

Well, in the two occasions the two guys went home / clinic with bleeding heads.

From that day, I knew those who insist on "don't touch a woman no Matter what" are suffering from self inflicted daftness. Yes, they are daft. The lady in question wouldn't have done it to the second guy if she got equal feedback.

Years back here in Lagos a young female teacher beat up the principal of her school for having an affair with her and backing off. She went to his office, dragged his trousers, disgraced him in the presence of the students. The guy would have ended it if he WOZED her but he took the shame while the lady talked tough about it. Until they were both fired. It still happened here in lekki.

I've also see a woman attack a bus conductor because of change, grabbing his dickk. It happened at ozumba mbadiwe here in VI too. The calaba woman grabbed his dickk and jacked the conductor up to pull him down, before some of us intervened.

Sorry, my own take is, Do unto others as you want them to do to you. Who fucck up, suppose collect. Unless you have mercy.

Besides, ladies are becoming violent these days and boast about it.

And Seun has the audacity to use words like victim for the female folks...i know one day he will eat those words and will regret ever apologizing for this title.

My first conent says...never beat a lady which is fair enough and then listed the facts that are as true as day and night but Seun is still naive so i understand his point.

There was a lady i dated and she told me that she is the type tthat needs to be beaten up but i said never will i raise my hand against her and when she showed her color i gave her some verbal lashing that made her cry and for 3yrs she left the affair just to call me this year to say she would have prefered that i beat her up rather than going verbal...can you imagine.

Seun is indeed a learner when i comes to he issue of women so let jim postrate to nland ladies to apologize for the truth he will latter realize and when he does,he will hate himself for making that unwarranted apology...im 41 and i have seen things in life but all these todlers on nland knows nothing about this matter until they get to a more mature stage in life.

6 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cr7lomo: 12:07am On May 10, 2016
Seun:
Men and women have the same number of mouths but men are 50% stronger than women of the same weight and usually weigh more. If a woman verbally abuses a man, he is free to answer verbally since he has a mouth too, but he must not escalate it to physical violence. Ok?

I never knew u are a strong member of WWAN( Women wrapper association of nairaland)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 12:09am On May 10, 2016
talk2alabama:
what is d problem with u ladies? Are u guys so blind or what? Didn't u read toks2008's first paragraph?

Even Seun was blind to it so what do you expect ?

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cr7lomo: 12:13am On May 10, 2016
Ngoziada592:

God bless you jare Seun. Here's a real man , you can always tell successful men apart from failures who fight with women tongue

What makes him a real man .... Because he has fooli..shly agreed with ur unreasonable post...I wunt b surprised if this seun guy is gay

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cr7lomo: 12:16am On May 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Seun look away frrom he opic and talk about the contents.

If i had used a serene title there will definiely be lesser traffic but any reasonable reader will catch the drift he momen they read it so save yourself the sress of apologizing cos its unwarranted.

Many ladies who have commented hardly read pass the title and married ladies who took time to read made reasonable comments.

one last word dude,you have known me since 2008 and if you check my titles you will see that i have a way of creating catchy titles hence im so disappointed that you are apologizing for the use of a title while keeping mum about the inherent deep message.Apparently your awareness is limited for you to say im being mean by blaming a victim and i began to wonder if you know how many men also fall victim.

intelligent people never judge a book by its cover and no dailies will sell if plain titles are used.

I care less if you take it down or lock it.

What are you even explaining to him, guys like this guy end up being controlled by women...mark my words, seuns wife will b in charge of this forum some day , while he wud b accepting all she says like a man that has been locked up in a juju bottle

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by YinkaDiva(f): 12:30am On May 10, 2016
He sent her rolling down the stairs with a kick on her protuded belly.
In a pool of her own blood,she took her last breath.
The first time he had hit her,she couldn't believe it.
The spice was much,she was about to explain that.
He got up and landed a slap on her face.
He apologized almost immediately.
She was sad and blamed herself,for not using just the right amount of salt.it was her fault!
He is a "gentle" man.
she had to redeem the situation.
So when 'oga" called in the night,she quickly got to his service.
And that was the beginning of series of battery.Till it became a second nature.
Conversations became punches,
suggestions turned kicks.
She became a ghost of her ownself, making efforts to keep societal value.
Stay married or die trying.
Now she is gone,her children motherless and the society will still blame her for "provoking"her husband.
Why did she add too much spice to his food?
Why didn't jump on the bed immediately he wistled ?
Why did she talk when he was angry?
Why didn't she talk when he was angry?
Why didnt she report to his family?
Why would she talk to a third party?And loads of craps! Welcome to misogynism.Where the blame is always for the woman.Welcome!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 12:44am On May 10, 2016
YinkaDiva:
She was sad and blamed herself,for not using just the right amount of salt.it was her fault!
He is a "gentle" man.
Now she is gone,her children motherless and the society will still blame her for "provoking"her husband.
Why would she talk to a third party?And loads of craps! Welcome to misogynism.Where the blame is always for the woman.Welcome!

shey you can now see how true this title is?

If we look deeply i will be clear that the signs have always been there during courtship and there must have been a first time of that happening.

Seun get this clear..you dont pay me a dime neither do i need a dime for writing top notch articles on romance section so try and mellow down on your totalitarian approach to issues and if not for my passion for writing i would have made up my mind to stop writing on nairaland.

One of your rules states that each poster is responsible for whatever he or she writes and nairaland has no business in such opinion so just respect hat please and stop showcasing odoriferous myopism.

Any humble person would have simply opined for a change in title but you seem to have this innate pride you need to work on.

4 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 1:27am On May 10, 2016
Misogynist2014:
Are you a lady?

Maybe you should ask your father.

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Mamatee07: 1:39am On May 10, 2016
cr7lomo:

What makes him a real man .... Because he has fooli..shly agreed with ur unreasonable post...I wunt b surprised if this seun guy is gay

Yeah yeah, your same old pathetic yarns. Slut shame women and call men who don't support your misogynist views gay. It's boring now, try and find something more original okay undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Mamatee07: 1:42am On May 10, 2016
noblegrex:
there they go again. Always trying to compete with men. Well,sorry is their case.Nothing. On EARTH can change the fact that MEN are MEN and will remain. That's how it was,that's how it is and that's how it'll continue to be till end of Earth.Besides the topic is talking about what ladies does that provokes or can upset a man to punch her.. Well,I don't have that nerve and I don't pray for such provocations. Shi ke na.

Stay there and be deceiving your self. Women are now giving just as good as you guys dish out. The lawyer in Ibadan killed her husband for having a child outside that he didn't tell her about. So don't worry keep beating and killing women for flimsy reasons and wait for the repercussions. The same way you guys were cheating for decades and now the women don pass you sef. Nothing like Men will be men, stop using that to justify bad behaviour angry
Don't worry when a woman also kills her husband for cheating we will tell you that women will always be women

1 Like

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by dare2differ: 3:32am On May 10, 2016
Thanks.
Seun:
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by onegig(m): 3:40am On May 10, 2016
Anyone taking this 40 year old guy with no job serious, needs all the help they can get. He is so twisted, I pity the lady that ends up with him.

As much as verbal abuse is a very bad thing and should be condemned and not be indulged in by any party. Stating that a guy should retaliate while being abused by a lady in like or unlike manner is not only silly but a shitty behaviour. Both physical and verbal abuses are bad and extreme behaviours and should be outrightly condemned by all. Verbal abuse consequences may not be apparent in that instant it was thrown like physical abuse but they leave a damaging long lasting effect on the victim.

Bottom line from experience for any guy is this;

If someone brings out the worst in you...please gently walk away. If she has a razor sharp mouth. Leave such toxic lady alone. Might be hard and you must have invested a lot into the relationship but the relative peace you would feel is more than whatever you can gain from staying behind.

5 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by dare2differ: 3:44am On May 10, 2016
makavel7:

From this your rant I dont need to be guru maraji to know that your woman wears the pants in your house. You definitely must be a jobless house husband to have enough time to cook, wash your wife's pants and diligently keep the house clean waiting for your emperor to come back from work. Pathetic!!! You said you have boys, I pray they dont end up like their father.

Are you trying to tell is that not cooking makes you a man? People getting dumber these days shaundecided
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by cococandy(f): 3:51am On May 10, 2016
More like a fool at 40

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by soonest(f): 5:15am On May 10, 2016
YinkaDiva:
He is a "gentle" man.
Have you blamed a woman today?
She made me cheat on her, she sent me into the hands of another woman, she made me lose my job, she made me hit her bla bla bla. I wonder when men will grow up and take responsibility for their actions. Well, i'm not surprised, they learnt from d best, ADAM, who still blamed God for giving him Eve instead of apologizing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by talk2alabama: 5:49am On May 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Even Seun was blind to it so what do you expect ?
mehn it's really just a shame... we have people in here who are so so lazy to read.. they only just judge a book by it's topic dats all...

And funny enough all what you wrote up there are the real facts and will always continue to happen in modern day families.. but sadly enough, people come into social media to pretend and behave like saints.

There was a thread that made front page where a landlord was like, see what a lady who claims to be pretty left of her toilet in an apartment she rented. Like I mean, the toilet was so dirty and stinking..

So many ladies started defending the lady, they were like, ehen, even if, the toilet must have been like dat before the lady packed in.

Some males got so irritated by their comments and replied "even at that, does it mean she won't clean the toilet? Why continue to live in such a dirty environment? Dat means she's got a dirty character" immediatly this was said, all of them just kept quiet.

Women will never care as long as the topic is against them. They will just begin to spew rubbish up and down without first reading the body of the topic and trying to understand where the writer is heading at. Buh they will only just judge from the topic and begin to comment rubbish, it's a pity.. infact when I read ur topic, I knew a lot of ladies won't just settle down and read it. At first I wanted to bash you, but immediately I read ur first paragraph, I changed my mind immediately because you strictly opined that even in all things, a man should never hit a woman! That alone made me to comment " a good write up"

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nixiepie(f): 5:59am On May 10, 2016
quote author=omooba969 post=45469705]

grin grin You see now, a 'otii ko ifa nle ifa nse! cheesy

Must you call your adorable husband an eeediot? Well, I won't lay my hands on you. kiss
I'm a simple man with simple needs & that's one of the reasons you said YES ! cool[/quote]smh! U need thorough deliverance cry
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Nobody: 6:18am On May 10, 2016
Well, I don't see the problem in the husband helping out in the kitchen. Research shows that men who help out with house chores enjoy sex better.
Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2016
talk2alabama:
mehn it's really just a shame... we have people in here who are so so lazy to read.. they only just judge a book by it's topic dats all...

And funny enough all what you wrote up there are the real facts and will always continue to happen in modern day families.. but sadly enough, people come into social media to pretend and behave like saints.

There was a thread that made front page where a landlord was like, see what a lady who claims to be pretty left of her toilet in an apartment she rented. Like I mean, the toilet was so dirty and stinking..

So many ladies started defending the lady, they were like, ehen, even if, the toilet must have been like dat before the lady packed in.

Some males got so irritated by their comments and replied "even at that, does it mean she won't clean the toilet? Why continue to live in such a dirty environment? Dat means she's got a dirty character" immediatly this was said, all of them just kept quiet.

Women will never care as long as the topic is against them. They will just begin to spew rubbish up and down without first reading the body of the topic and trying to understand where the writer is heading at. Buh they will only just judge from the topic and begin to comment rubbish, it's a pity.. infact when I read ur topic, I knew a lot of ladies won't just settle down and read it. At first I wanted to bash you, but immediately I read ur first paragraph, I changed my mind immediately because you strictly opined that even in all things, a man should never hit a woman! That alone made me to comment " a good write up"

Im no sorry o say that ever since i joined tthis forum in 2007 i have observed tthe myopic tendencies of Seun and till date he still exhibits ttthat same traits.

95% my threads have a unique way of drawing traffic and tha is because of tthe catchy titles i give them and the original tittle was...6 facts that prove that women are the main cause of domestic violence....

The moderator modified it by bringing the latter phrase to be the first which makes it look even more catchy which is aimed a drawing peoples attention.

Seun has proved tha he knows absoluttely nothing about creativity else he will understand the need of raffic generation with topics...

As for many Nigerian ladies,i weep inside for their level of intelligence cos many of them are inellectually dumb and this is unfortunate.

My joy however is that the message has been passed.

Do have a great day bro.

2 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by ndcide(m): 6:54am On May 10, 2016
Toks2008:

And Seun has the audacity to use words like victim for the female folks...i know one day he will eat those words and will regret ever apologizing for this title.

My first conent says...never beat a lady which is fair enough and then listed the facts that are as true as day and night but Seun is still naive so i understand his point.

There was a lady i dated and she told me that she is the type tthat needs to be beaten up but i said never will i raise my hand against her and when she showed her color i gave her some verbal lashing that made her cry and for 3yrs she left the affair just to call me this year to say she would have prefered that i beat her up rather than going verbal...can you imagine.

Seun is indeed a learner when i comes to he issue of women so let jim postrate to nland ladies to apologize for the truth he will latter realize and when he does,he will hate himself for making that unwarranted apology...im 41 and i have seen things in life but all these todlers on nland knows nothing about this matter until they get to a more mature stage in life.

Bros, your post in the thread was in order. I didn't see anything wrong with it. No body was saying go about beating women or the female folks. In fact your points were the raw fact that should help men and women live better. But you know, people are always emotional with issues like this rather than being factual. Apart from Seun 's personal believe, he had to bow to popular opinions even when he knows deeply that these positions really need to be interrogated and subjected to reality checks.

I've noticed that most women who have peace in their homes don't temper with their husbands ego no matter what. Those who don't have peace even with their intelligence, are those who have one way or the other, fallen short of the points you made. In fact, a pastor told us some time back, that one responsibility of a wife is to massage her husbands ego for life... He told us how important that key is and how it's going to affect present day marriages.

I never made up the examples a gave. Both happened to people I know very well. While the other was in a public transport I entered from cms to Ajah.

You've made your points, I agree with them. It takes a lot to stand out when majority want to lie to themselves.

Finally, your point is a better solution to domestic violence than the hypocritical "don't touch a lady, no matter what"

We all know that's a lie.

3 Likes

Re: 6 ways women can avoid domestic violence. by Toks2008(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2016
onegig:
Anyone taking this 40 year old guy with no job serious, needs all the help they can get. He is so twisted, I pity the lady that ends up with him.

As much as verbal abuse is a very bad thing and should be condemned and not be indulged in by any party. Stating that a guy should retaliate while being abused by a lady in like or unlike manner is not only silly but a shitty behaviour. Both physical and verbal abuses are bad and extreme behaviours and should be outrightly condemned by all. Verbal abuse consequences may not be apparent in that instant it was thrown like physical abuse but they leave a damaging long lasting effect on the victim.

Bottom line from experience for any guy is this;

If someone brings out the worst in you...please gently walk away. If she has a razor sharp mouth. Leave such toxic lady alone. Might be hard and you must have invested a lot into the relationship but the relative peace you would feel is more than whatever you can gain from staying behind.

If a lady wrote this i will understand but coming from a guy or apparently a boy calls for concern.

Firstly im 41 no 40 and secondly you can send your CV o me and i will give you a job...you are indeed outrightly shallow minded and mentally docile to juxstapose a passion with joblessness.

The crop of youths we have today are so dumb mentally judging from what comes out of their shitty cerebellum.

Did you take ime to read that article or you just read the title like most people did?

Apparently you need o read again before showcasing your shallow mindedness online.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List / Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.