Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Femi Falana On Channels TV Today: 7 Points He Made - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana On Channels TV Today: 7 Points He Made (44897 Views)

Mike Ozekhome Vs Femi Falana On Ndume's Suspension / Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation / FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Femi Falana On Channels TV Today: 7 Points He Made by MasterofNL: 10:40am On May 10, 2016
greatman247:

[s]The man you quote is entitled to his own opinion and you have no moral right to question his sense of reasoning.

I agree with Falana on almost all the points he made but I totally disagreed with two of his points.

1. That IGP is not competent.

2. That military have no right to advise civilians on how to secure their lives in a democratic govt. And that military has no business in fighting Fulani Herdsmen in a democratic govt.

For God sake I watched the program too on Channels Tv. You can't say, military does not have to be use in the fight against the Fulani Herdsmen in a democratic govt.

Sometimes, our democracy need to be handle with strong hands else some bunch of fools will categorise on our weak democracy to still destroy the over protected democracy. We need strong laws that will guide against somethings in our society to be incorporate into our constitution for somethings to work.

America practised the same democracy too, and yet they used military to bring down Osama Bin Laden, and this does not happen during any war. It happens when Osama was in his relax mood, thinking all coast were cleared and no one was trailing him. Most times, you don't wait for something to degenerate into war before you act. Unless you want several lives to be lost.

I don't care how a problem is tackled, all I am after is just kill the problem before the problem kills you. I don't really care what means you use, use any means necessary. The same Falana complained during GEJ era that he did nothing against Boko-Haram, and now He hailed President Buhari for the progress he made tackling Boko Haram with military in democratic govt. That's to me is hypocrite. Why on earth will you now say Military should not be use to tackle the Fulani Herdsmen in a democratic govt? Do we fold our harms and watch innocent people die without doing anything? Sometime, some issue might be beyond the power of police then the military can come in. Like the issue of Boko-Haram. Can the Police face the Boko Haram? Why don't u suggest Police should face Boko Haram? Why should u now recommend that Police should be the only one to face the Fulani Herdsmen? What about Niger Delta Avengers hurting the whole Nigeria thinking they are hurting the govt alone? For the fact that you are a prominent does not means whatever you say is always right.

Military are necessary even though not all the time. If a democratic govt is so weak, if things are going wrong in the land, if there's so much corruption in the land military can seize power, there has been sizable evidence of this in some African countries. So the same military you refused to use to curb the menace of Fulani Herdsmen will topple a democratic govt who fails to tackle such issue and allow it get out of hands. For example if you use police and they fail and issue of Fulani Herdsmen gets out of hands military may topple such weak govt. This is why most democratic govt have woke up from their slumber to start involving military to tackle issues on time before they generate into something more serious. There are some issues that are way beyond Police. Police were on ground in Enugu and yet what happened?

President Buhari understands the 3rd world countries democracy, he knows if he use military they will talk and if he didn't they will still criticise that's why he is at a crossroad. Presidents use military, because in America they don't say because we are practising democracy we shouldn't use some form of military actions when necessary but its in this part of the world we still put everything in the hands of police and when things get out of hand we will be in state of confusion.

Now on the issue of IGP. I really think the IGP is very competent, to me he is the best Nigeria has ever have in recent years. For the fact that some Police fail or there are still bad eggs in the Police force does not means the IGP is not competent. So long the number of effective and efficient Police force outweigh the number of bad eggs and the number of the inefficient and ineffective ones. The IGP has brought some sanity to NPF and made the force to be a bit more attractive compare to what it used to be. I was passing through Police barrack in Ikeja, Lagos and I saw dilapidated buildings and almost share tears. This same IGP is currently building some houses for the Police Force and they are still under-construction. This man does not stay put in his office in Abuja most of the time when something happens. He goes to scene of crimes. He punishes police that are corrupt and that have commit any offence that provoke public outcry, all these were not in place before now. Before now, policeman can kill because of N20 and such policeman will go scot-free, in some case his colleagues might even cover him up and kill the case. The same IGP stop fees for bail even though some bad eggs still charge fee for bail but they do that to citizens that doesn't know of this info. The same IGP changed the dirty looking uniform of the police, and the same IGP tries to bring the police closer to the public to make them more friendly to the public. Before now, public have very bad perspective of the police. Some people won't even go to Police in time of trouble but now all these are gradually changing. Now police are paying attention to even the smallest details. The same IGP has improve the welfare of Police and promote them as at when due and reward them according to their performance too. Police is efficient nowadays. Lagos for example, police is making crime rate to reduce, some fools that kidnap for ransom are no more finding the business attractive. I don't like Police too before but I can see their work now. So truth must be told at all times, don't just criticise be face reality.[/s]
Re: Femi Falana On Channels TV Today: 7 Points He Made by greatman247(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2016
PNomsule:
In one breath, he discusses the need for Buratai to mind his biz, yet in another he accuses the Army Commander in Enugu for not rising to the occasion of mayhem by cattle marauders!

No mind am jor, exactly what I said and I got banned for some hours. The Falana man is hypocrite. He even criticised GEJ for not doing anything to arrest issue of boko haram. He criticised GEJ for not effectively use the military against boko haram in democratic setting and complement President Buhari when he used Military effectively to tackle boko haram in democratic govt. Now he is saying military does not have to be use to tackle Fulani Herdsmen in democratic system of govt. You can see that the man is hypocrite and he likes complicating issue for himself.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana On Channels TV Today: 7 Points He Made by justmenoni: 12:18pm On May 12, 2016
I think he's very right on this...let them employ graduates to join our police force,let them try to attract nigerians in the diaspora especially the young ones..go to western world now and see their new police recruit...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB/ESN Terrorists Launch Rocket, Killed By Nigerian Troops / AnambraDecides: Soludo's 90-Year-Old Father Hugs Him As They Celebrate (Video) / Olufunso Amosun Visits Korede Taiwo, Chained By Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.