Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? (648 Views)

Hilarious Definition Of "Slay Queen" In The Urban Dictionary / Where Did You Meet Your Current Lover, Husband Or Wife? / List Three Benefits Of Modern Day Marriage For The Modern Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by isnovic(m): 11:09pm On May 09, 2016
With so much domestic violence; and the continued abuse of the term "REAL MAN"

Please I seek the definition, attribute if you like, of what a modern real man should be or become associated with.

MOD this is very serious, as it will help some of our young men to know what the ladies consider as "real man"
and for the ladies it will help disabuse their minds from what they have come to mouth-off or mouthed severally that they have come to believe to be true....

So guys and ladies, I pop the question again.....what does REAL MAN mean?

MOD move to front page please for education purposes, maybe we just might help a brother, stud, honk, diva, lady, vixen or girl in need.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by Loveprince: 11:43pm On May 09, 2016
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by huntila(m): 11:45pm On May 09, 2016
A modern man has so much distractions and temptations to deal with
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by isnovic(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2016
huntila:
A modern man has so much distractions and temptations to deal with

Yes @huntila but what are these distractions that seem to define him now.
Men are evolving, learning to tame the men in them.
Becoming puppets you may say.... Becoming taciturn and gradually now like to not be seen or heard.
We need to know what is considered the societal correct attribute of today's man acceptable by our women.
Also to check if this expectations are not a creation of the imagination and need to control the eventual outcome or justifiably so.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by ronald4lif(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2016
I don't want to be seen as a real man to any lady's perception, I just want to be man.

I don't know the parameters the society employs in ascertaining real men but I am very wary and circumspective whenever a lady view or say I'm a real man. What that means is that I'm doing 'everything' right and meets all her expectations. Thus I'm her puppet. I'm no real man and never want to be one.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by huntila(m): 2:24pm On May 10, 2016
I think we should let Culture and tradition guard us. Westernization has gradually induce the mental state of men. But @isnovic. I am not a part of being a puppet or being tamed.an came first in all creation according to all books and history. The issue is some women now see themselves as men. I bet you , the women want us to take charge.that is where we are missing it.
isnovic:

Becoming puppets you may say.... Becoming taciturn and gradually now like to not be seen or heard.
We need to know what is considered the societal correct attribute of today's man acceptable by our women.
Also to check if this expectations are not a creation of the imagination and need to control the eventual outcome or justifiably so.
Re: What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by huntila(m): 2:26pm On May 10, 2016
I think we should let Culture and tradition guard us. Westernization has gradually induce the mental state of men. But @isnovic. I am not a part of being a puppet or being tamed.an came first in all creation according to all books and history. The issue is some women now see themselves as men. I bet you , the women want us to take charge.that is where we are missing it.
isnovic:

Re: What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by huntila(m): 2:26pm On May 10, 2016
I think we should let Culture and tradition guard us. Westernization has gradually induce the mental state of men. But @isnovic. I am not a part of being a puppet or being tamed.man came first in all creation according to all books and history. The issue is some women now see themselves as men. I bet you , the women want us to take charge.that is where we are missing it.
isnovic:

Re: What Is The Definition Of A Husband Or A Modern Man? by isnovic(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2016
huntila:
I think we should let Culture and tradition guard us. Westernization has gradually induce the mental state of men. But @isnovic. I am not a part of being a puppet or being tamed.man came first in all creation according to all books and history. The issue is some women now see themselves as men. I bet you , the women want us to take charge.that is where we are missing it.
@Hutila Correctly put....could it be that the women now see themselves as men; which means they demand the same "privileges" arrogated to men now. Hence the definition of man as equal partner.

Or as you said in your surmise that men are not reading the intention, or are not taking the charge for fear of being stereotyped as a chauvinist or he is simply what the ladies call him......a dog, the best friend to the real human(women) and obedient to a fault to their master( with the promise of sex and/or companionship) who will only quickly tag him a beast if he bears his fang someday to several days of verbal abuse.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can U Be A Friend To Someone U Broke Up With? / A Painted Proposal: This Has Got To Be The Cutest Proposal Ever #lamboli25 / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Swear With A Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.