Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. (31380 Views)

Ghanaian Nurse Vitiligo Sufferer: "Why My Mum Deserves Some Accolades" / Please Help My Mum Is Dying / Please Come In: I Was Stung By A Scorpion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Peacetemi: 10:18am On May 10, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Nice...
Your Mum is about to get super Powers and become Scorpion Mum.
Scorpion Queen.

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by sheyishay: 10:18am On May 10, 2016
I remember when i was bitten by a scorpion sometime in august last year ,These are the steps i followed . I chewed one full bulb of an onion and lastly, i drove my self to the nearest hospital where i was given an ATS injection.
What type of scorpion?Is it small and brownish in colour ? if that's the type no much cos for alarm but i Hope it is not the black type.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by newfound2012: 10:19am On May 10, 2016
if she can bear the pains, just rub vinegar on the spot to reduce the swelling and give her half teaspoon of it in half cup(ceramic, glass or stainless cup) of water. this procedure is very effective and am speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 10:20am On May 10, 2016
Give her a full bulb of onion to chop...
After that, she should drink water and have some rest.
She would however experience pains but it will subside within 10 hours. Same happened to my kid bro years ago.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by amtaken(f): 10:26am On May 10, 2016
Take your mum to the hospital asap.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Blessograo(f): 10:27am On May 10, 2016
N.B the general antidote for every poison is charcoal if drugs are not close to you
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by dingdung: 10:28am On May 10, 2016
tie above the spot of the scorpion sting with a thick cloth. apply onion on d affected spot eat onoin till d feeling subsides visit the doctor asp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 10:29am On May 10, 2016
Chill bro, scorpions species in Nigeria are not that deadly compared to the ones abroad. So just chill and take her to the hospital
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 10:29am On May 10, 2016
It's interesting how everyone here saying take her to hospital,is hospitals free?

First of,do you know if the op has the money?secondly Nigeria hospitals are death trap,where one has to be very careful,you can go treat something minor and went home with something major.

Am sure with Google you can find some natural home remedy for Scorpion bite.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by omokunbi86(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2016
Nairaland isn't a clinic or health facility. Take her to the nearest hospital. By the way, Aporo Epa-Ijebu works for stubborn stomach ache and I doubt if it works for scorpion stings
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Nobody: 10:46am On May 10, 2016
Zealous2710:
Good day fellow Nairalanders. Jst some minutes ago, I saw my mum dressing up to go out. I asked where she was going cos she never told me she will be going out this early morning. She said she wanted to go ask our neighbor if they have this local antidote popularly known has "Aporo Epa'jebu". Before she could finish what she was saying I noticed there was something tied to her leg. I asked what happen and she told me she was stung by a little scorpion.
I remembered I have this antidote which friend gave to me when I was going for my NYSC last year. (Passed out last month). Now, she has taken the antidote but please anybody with a useful information on how to treat a scorpion bite. Thank you in advance.
.... Help do d needful. Thanks.
onion works very well! let her try full bulb of onion

2 Likes

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by IghravweIG(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2016
Chai! Buhari sef.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by vicolurin(f): 10:46am On May 10, 2016
Giving her raw onions to eat and rubbing onions on d wound will reduce the side effect of the poison on her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by TrumpDonald(m): 10:49am On May 10, 2016
Oga dats d reason Google exists. I really thank God for d search engine. I was once bitten by a rat and treated myself by using d information provided.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by skywalker240(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2016
the pain will subside with time, but she might need medical attention if local remedy aint helping. Scorpion stings rarely kills..

people pls stop raining abuses on the guy and help a brother out....afterall what are forums like this for?;

1 Like

Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by elampiro(m): 10:54am On May 10, 2016
When I was a child, I was stung by a scorpion. We were no where near residential area, so my dad tied my leg. It was very very painful. He drove me to a local area where he asked of a local herb expert. We were directed to an old man who gave me a cup of the most ugly looking thick liquid. Before I finished drinking the liquid, the pains all over my had disappeared. My leg was untied. By then it was heavily swollen. When I got home I slept like a newly born baby, then in the evening I went to play football as usual.

I must confess, drinking that liquid was like a moment in hell. It was an eyesore to look at. Bitter and sour in taste, disgusting to the mouth. The Baba kept saying "drink on my son, it is with bitter substance you fight ailment' lol
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Holyfield1(m): 11:00am On May 10, 2016
newfound2012:
if she can bear the pains, just rub vinegar on the spot to reduce the swelling and give her a drop of it in half cup(ceramic, glass or stainless cup) of water. this procedure is very effective and am speaking from experience
and what is vinegar and where can one get it
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by hatchy(f): 11:05am On May 10, 2016
Na wa for you o! I don't expect this thrash from an educated person like you.Don't you know the road to the hospital? Is it until the venom spread round her blood stream and cause more havoc that you will do the needful?. Please see a doctor ASAP.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:05am On May 10, 2016
Eat raw onions
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by afanide: 11:10am On May 10, 2016
madridguy:
I hope you people have tied the affected area to stop the scorpion venom from circulating around? To me that is the first aid, then go to the hospital or get a wise one around if possible.

My regards to her.

She will hear bro undecided
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by maureen546: 11:16am On May 10, 2016
Pls the medicine for it is gbo gboriche nd onions that's all
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by keandre: 11:16am On May 10, 2016
Stinger the scorpion,When I was stung by a scorpion on my left thumb ,I was compelled to chew a big onion bulb, Oh how I hate onion! ,I chewed it like biscuit, the onion neutralizes the venom, so I was told, about the pain? Pain relief will do just fine, if you can withstand the pain, then you can withstand anything in this world.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by linusbnn(m): 11:18am On May 10, 2016
kossyablaze:
No carry am go hospital.... Mr linus

Why you dey call my name,i owe you?
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by legendboy(m): 11:20am On May 10, 2016
Zealous2710:
Good day fellow Nairalanders. Jst some minutes ago, I saw my mum dressing up to go out. I asked where she was going cos she never told me she will be going out this early morning. She said she wanted to go ask our neighbor if they have this local antidote popularly known has "Aporo Epa'jebu". Before she could finish what she was saying I noticed there was something tied to her leg. I asked what happen and she told me she was stung by a little scorpion.
I remembered I have this antidote which friend gave to me when I was going for my NYSC last year. (Passed out last month). Now, she has taken the antidote but please anybody with a useful information on how to treat a scorpion bite. Thank you in advance.
Bro she should go to hospital but i think yhu should try this out.
In a motorcycle, that wire that is tied to the mouth of a plug that shocks when someone is tryin to start the bike while you're holding the wire?? Place the wire where the scorpion stung ur mum and try to start the bike few times the pain will reduce instantly then give her some raw onions to eat.. You can still soak a piece of clothe in a fuel then scrub @ the affected area.. Forgive if there are grammatical errors. But believe me the method works
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Lincoln275(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2016
onion is the cure jare
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Amplitron: 11:38am On May 10, 2016
Pain reliever is all she needs. Scorpions stings are very painful but they are not in any way poisonous.
As a matter of fact she will be just fine even without any pain reliever. The pain she feels is very temporary.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by neweraomo: 11:40am On May 10, 2016
cut the affected area off grin
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by professore(m): 11:40am On May 10, 2016
Zealous2710:
U should use a thick cloth to tie her above the affected area firmly,if u have Onion,remove the covering,slice it into two halves and give them to her to eat immediately,then cut open the spot of the sting then rub onion or aporo epa ijebu on it,best of luck.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by aAK1(m): 11:45am On May 10, 2016
No big deal as long AS the scorpion Is not a messenger. grin. I have seen someone stung and within minutes he started bleeding from the mouth, nose and ears. The person luckily survived
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by MDMDSA: 11:48am On May 10, 2016
Dear His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari .(GCFRN)
Before I begin I will like to congratulate you for the hard work you have put in places that Nigerians have started feeling the impact of your government even before reaching other sectors.
In fact this is what Nigerians are expected from a true democrat, now the true picture of Nigeria will be unveil to every of her citizens, that shows that the problem of Nigeria is our leaders not her followers.
Congratulations once more your Excellency sir,
Below are my reasons for writing this letter to your sir,
Unemployment has been the major challenge facing the youth of our dear country Nigeria as you already have it on your deck. The incessant increase in the unemployed youth in the country is very worrisome where you will find out millions of youths applying for a hundred positions advertise in the media you can imagine from that cinereous.
Recruitment surrounded by corruption: Mr. President Sir, in this case let me begin with federal government agencies, every Nigerian should be given equal opportunity to serve this country in respective of where he or she came from as long as he or she is a Nigerian but reverse is the case in this country where a vacant position can only be fill by their children, brothers, sisters and to mention but a few. The agencies has became a family affair that the children of the less privilege cannot have access to those agencies even if he or she should acquired all the certificate from the best institution in the world he will not have his dream actualize because his father is not part of the system. I will state it categorically that before the publication of any vacant position the servicing officer have already shared the slot to their family members or to some senators to bring in there preferred children or relatives to let you know how corrupt the system is.
Subsequently in some cases at the recruitment center some will come with letter from this senator, Eirmrate council this officer that officer then, what happen to those with no access to such, meaning everything is not on merit but privilege, Sir this are things that doweled on the previous exercise.
Scholarship: the case of scholarship in Nigeria now as taking a different dimension completely where the children on government scholarship are the children of those that can afford to pay for their children are the beneficiaries of such scholarship, instead of the children of those that are less privilege to enjoy such scholarship whom are ready to study and be useful to the country.
Mr. president Sir, hardly a child of nobody ,brilliant ready to sacrifice his or her life for this country became useful to this country because what he or she suppose to have has been given to someone who has no intention or willing to serve this country.
Furthermore, Mr. president sir, as you are taking the rightful decision in driven this country to the promise land you also need to be prayerful in so doing so that no amount of their evil will prosper against you , Almighty that installed you as our leader today is not their wish for you to be there.
Finally, Mr. president Sir, the last time I travelled from my own state Nasarawa to your home town in Daura seeking your kindness to enable me to actualize my dream to join the military after my graduation, I really appreciate your respond at that time and filled with joy meeting an ex-military ruler after returning home my father was astonish with the courage I took to go and see you which no every ex- leader will listen to his ordinary citizen.
The last visit was on the 8th of May 2016. Sir, your aids handling your calls after I explain to him the distance I traveled to Daura from Lafia to enable me to reach you turned down my request which I have no option after waited for the whole day, as soon as I sited that you are moving to the Emir house waiving my hand at you I believed that my journey and my dream to meet with you will not be actualize.
I passed the night at one of the filling station to enable me go back to my state as not my plan.
Long live Mr. President Sir; long live Vice President, long live Federal Republic of Nigeria long live Nigerians.

Yours Faithfully,
Concern citizen.
(Nasarawa State)
msalereal4@gmail.com
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by MDMDSA: 11:50am On May 10, 2016
admin i need that letter on front page.please.
Re: Help, A Scorpion Stung My Mum. by Arise001: 11:52am On May 10, 2016
I have been stung by scorpion countless times. All I do is take onion and rub it on the spot where I was stung. And off I go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun / Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID / Olakunle Akinboboye Becomes First Black Chair Of US Cardiovascular Disease Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.