Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,484 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage (1556 Views)

Nigerian Lady Dies Few Days To Child Dedication, Months After Her Wedding (pix) / SAD : Lady Dies Ahead Of Child Dedication Few Months After Her Wedding. Photos / Mothers Can I Wear Gown For My Baby's Church Dedication? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by prinsam30: 1:09pm On May 10, 2016
Is it ideal for child's dedication without proper marriage rights? like paying the Bride price and in the case of a single mother, single father, living together without married and the rest of them

Will God accept such dedication
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 10, 2016
prinsam30:
Is it ideal for child's dedication without proper marriage rights? like paying the Bride price and in the case of a single mother, single father, living together without married and the rest of them

Will God accept such dedication

You mean, will God accept that child? With open arms. angry
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by talk2alabama: 1:13pm On May 10, 2016
Like u mean a guy impregnates a girl without both bein married together, she gives birth and both dedicate the baby to d lord?

Really? If i'm d priest, i"d ask both of dem to get married first.
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by prinsam30: 1:15pm On May 10, 2016
Muafrika2:

You mean, will God accept that child? With open arms. angry
yeah something like that
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by prinsam30: 1:18pm On May 10, 2016
talk2alabama:
Like u mean a guy impregnates a girl without both bein married together, she gives birth and both dedicate the baby to d lord?

Really? If i'm d priest, i"d ask both of dem to get married first.

and if the both parents are not in support of them getting married will the child still be dedicated
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by mii4u(f): 1:23pm On May 10, 2016
prinsam30:

yeah something like that

my dear, the child didn't commit any crime, so why will God not accept him/her. dedication is very important in the life of a child, dedication means handing over. The only thing is that the parents won't have to pose as a couple while dedicating the child cos they have not bin officially joined together.
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by Mrbigman1(m): 1:24pm On May 10, 2016
Your sexual intercourse is the sin, the Child is a blessing and should be celebrated.

Afterall God came for sinners not the holy.
From there you can direct them to do it right from then on.

Am not encouraging sex before marriage though

1 Like

Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by delishpot: 1:25pm On May 10, 2016
No be to pray for the pikin? Na to pray God to overlook the situation wey the innocent child take enter world and bless am.
Well,if mom and Dada are still dating I will ask for them to marry cos I know they are still fornicating and may soon bring another one for dedication.

1 Like

Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by prinsam30: 1:26pm On May 10, 2016
mii4u:

my dear, the child didn't commit any crime, so why will God not accept him/her. dedication is very important in the life of a child, dedication means handing over. The only thing is that the parents won't have to pose as a couple while dedicating the child cos they have not bin officially joined together.

OK good but if may ask, how will they do it, if they can't pose as a couple
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by ronald4lif(m): 1:28pm On May 10, 2016
Please what's the signifance of child dedication? Let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by prinsam30: 2:49pm On May 10, 2016
ronald4lif:
Please what's the signifance of child dedication? Let's start from there.

first u must understand this "Give to God what belongs to God"

Dedicating a child acknowledges God's sovereignty not only over the child, but also Mom and Dad. Parents present their child before God and His people asking for grace and wisdom in carrying out their responsibilities. Parents also come praying that their child might one day trust Jesus Christ as Savior for the forgiveness of sin.
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 10, 2016
prinsam30:

yeah something like that
God is nice. He wouldn't say no to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by Missonas(f): 3:24pm On May 10, 2016
prinsam30:

OK good but if may ask, how will they do it, if they can't pose as a couple
Godparents. Choose any married couple that you feel could also help bring up the child in the way of the Lord
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by prinsam30: 3:28pm On May 10, 2016
Missonas:

Godparents. Choose any married couple that you feel could also help bring up the child in the way of the Lord

like the child's grandparents
Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by Missonas(f): 4:57pm On May 10, 2016
prinsam30:

like the child's grandparents
Yea ok they can stand in

1 Like

Re: Child's Dedication With Or Without Marriage by prinsam30: 8:18pm On May 10, 2016
Missonas:
Yea ok they can stand in

ur on point

(1) (Reply)

Annoying Double Standards That Men Suffer. How True? / The Alarming Statistic Of Paternity Fraud In Nigeria – Are You Your Baby’s Daddy / Who Should Apologise First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.