Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy (11536 Views)

"Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding / OMG! Proud Mum-to-be Shows Off Her Pregnancy Stretch Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2005
I see where you're coming from but because it sounds weird or off does not mean it doesn't or can't happen.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2005
So prettyH what age do you think a girl should be aware of these things? In as much as people are becoming more aware of things around them, there are still some who are ignorant. I know of a girl who went to the same university as me who knew nothing about sex. She had lived a sheltered life and was told alot of lies throughout her life. Once she became hyterical because she was sitting down and a guy walked across over her. it took alot to calm her down. Why she was hysterical? She was told by her ma that if a guy crosses her she will get pregnant. This is a gal in university! People still have alot of wrong notions about sex and I believe they can actually not know when theyre pregnant especially if they dont know what gets one pregnant.

I dont like long grammer myself but I just want you to look into the possibility-nomatter how small- that it is indeed possible to carry a pregnancy to full term without knowing.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by prettyH(f): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2005
see alheri, not disputing the fact it happens, never come across it. Its quite difficult to perceive but thats my opinion. But guess if am d one, i will know sha.

To answer your question bout the age thing, i never learned bout sex from ma folks. But got to know bout it and i was about 15/16 then. So well u don't need to learn bout pregnancy and all dat from ur pips at home, ur friends can always tell u about it ..though that has its disadvantages. But in this present age and time where kids as young as 12 r even sexually active, my sister its hard to believe not knowing that u r expecting.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2005
I would take what your friends say about sex with a grain of salt. I had one tell me when we were younger that you could get pregnant by kissing. Being young I believed it. There are even older women who are pregnant still giving me bad advice on how to get pregnant. They still have no idea how their body works.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by disney(f): 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2005
spiritual, no shaking. sha, woman vary but the truth is that a woman whether young or not would be somehow able to tell ......................except her case is something else. Am a student of health, never had a child but oyinbo talk say, persin go know when someone de pregnant immediately from three to 5 months because of signs and even pregnancy test may be wrong sometimes, u would just feel different . grin grin grin
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by laolu: 3:00am On Nov 29, 2005
When I was back home, I heard the story of a girl at Babcock who gave birth to a baby in the toilet. She didn't know she was pregnant and was so shocked to see the baby, she left it there and ran away. Maybe she was lying but that's the story I heard.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2005
There's a woman in our office who didn't know she was pregnant until her 6th month. She wasn't even thinking she could get pregnant so she never paid attention to any signs. She said she felt no movement at all. It was later found out that it was where the placenta was positioned that hindered her from being able to feel movement.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by mamba(m): 4:39am On Nov 30, 2005
these stories are all fake, how can something grow inside you and you wont know the difference? if it were year 0001 i'll understand. any mature girl that went to school knows what reproduction is. what i think is wrong here is that the girls involved just dont want to believe they are really pregnant, they probably doubting the fact that they got pregnant and tend to ignore the fact..
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 9:26am On Nov 30, 2005
Mamba,never say never. These stories are true and except youre calling vexxy, laolu and I liars then I suggest you just state your opinion and live it at that. Like I said, I personally know people it happened to and they were not suffering from self denial or anything. So does vexxy. These things happen. I did reproduction in school too and all I learnt from that class was just to pass my exams. Some people go through school but school doesnt go through them. I still maintain, these things happen. Unbelievable but true.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by v23: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2005
I am one of the rare girls who have had a baby not knowing i was pregnant!!!!! After splitting up with my boyfriend i started enjoying a busy social life to get over it - this involved a fair bit of alcohol sowhen i had put on slight weight (from size 8 - 10) and only around the waist nowhere else not even boobs i put it down to the drink It wasnt til i was having stomach pains (contractions) at work my dr told me i was pregnant Not only that after going into the hospital that same day they predicted i was 20 wks and suffering from a urinary infection. I knew this could not b possible as hadnt slept with any1 since my ex It really is possible!!! the only side affects i had were a bad back! I have always had a very toned tummy My daughter was a healthy 7lb 5oz

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by disney(f): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2005
well, everyone is entitled to their opinion but coming to think of it...............some of u making up your stories..........

Ask una mama make she teach u wetin reproduction and pregnancy be. ....................how una sabi to make love and una no go sabi when u get belle..................abeg ooooooooo tell ur stories to the windgrin grin grin
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by chocolatte(f): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2005
I was in the same situation too, I didn't know I was pregnant either till I was about 7mths and me and the guy had already broken up. When everyone found out, lets just say 'I didn't see my family for years and my grandmother is only just about talking to me and my son is almost 10!

It sounds crazy but it's true and till it happens to you, it will be unbelieveable shocked

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by Seun(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2005
I'm touched by your story, chocolatte. If such a thing happens to your child or another young person in your family, I want to believe that you would be more supportive than your family was to you. Big ups to you.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by chocolatte(f): 11:40am On Dec 01, 2005
@seun kiss
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by v23: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2005
well disney r u really a Dr? Someones telling their experiences and u say they r lying! R u just peed off that someone is contradicting yr statement I 'm assuming yr a man! tongue
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2005
Seun:

I'm touched by your story, chocolatte. If such a thing happens to your child or another young person in your family, I want to believe that you would be more supportive than your family was to you. Big ups to you.

yes oh seun kiss
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by disney(f): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2005
Hey YV3...............u no well.......am a lady ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2005
The fact of the matter is that there are things that occur that we simply have no explination for. Just because we can't fathom the thought does not mean it can't happen.

Speaking for myself, I personally know my co-worker and believe her. I don't see why one would feel the need to lie of such things.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by mamba(m): 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2005
you could be pregnant and not know it cos you decided to believe you're not pregnant.. what goes tru an educated girls mind once she doesn't see her period? of course she's aware that something has happened already, after having unprotected SEX. I REFUSE TO BE CONFUSED and would have you know that these girls have a degree of consciousness, even if it's just1% that they might just be pregnant.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 4:54am On Dec 02, 2005
Mamba,

That may not be necessarily true. There are women who still go through their menstrual cycle even after becoming pregnant. There are also some women who do not have what one would deem a regular cycle. They may skip months at a time without being pregnant. All of these things must be thought of when one hears such stories. We are not all cut from the exact same cookie mold.

V

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by whiteshark(m): 6:01am On Dec 02, 2005
very interesting revelations here....... Nor be small tory..

As a man, I believe you must be real backward 4 u not to know that u r 7 months gone under any circumstance. What about your monthly flow?? U nor see am 4 seven months and u still did not know that u were pregnant or r u guys saying that u still have the flow while heavy?? I nor think so ooo or maybe I never know reach that side, abi??...

I tell u dis. I am not a woman neither do I have a sista but I have studied women for so long a time now and one thing I know about them is that most (89%) or women r very aware and they take good care of themselve. The level of care differs from woman to woman but them nor dey slack when it comes to body care thus such things as not knowing that you are pregnant after 2 to 3 months nor go be true as she will always see the signs. If a woman sleeps with 10 men and get pregnant, she can even determine the father of that child out of everyone that she slept with I tell u so make we leave this matter oh or somebody go wound I dey tell una....
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2005
It doesnt have to be logical,it doesnt have to make sense for it to be true. Like I said I know people who were in such circumstances and theyre not liars. For christs sakes even chocolatte here said it happened to her. Why cant you just believe that even though its rear,it happens? Open your mind, people learn till they die.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2005
My mother can testify to not knowing she was pregnant until she was about 4 months along and that was only because HER mother said something. She gained zero weight and had no regular 'signs' of pregnancy. The doctor told her she couldn't even GET pregnant so they took no precautions and wasn't even LOOKING to be pregnant.

She continued her monthly flow without change. 5 months later my brother was born.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by atupa(f): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2005
She is just saying that she was not aware that she was pregnant just to get people to sympatize with.The ladies on this thread will agree to that cos there is no way you will be pregnant without knowing.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by prettyH(f): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2005
@chocolatte

sorry dat your folks just getting to know your kid. I never can imagine why pple are not supportive in such situations. I can imagine what u must av gone through with ur loved ones shunning u and shutting u from their lives. Happy u've overcome it.and i thank God for u o, cos u sound very optimistic. Wish you the best.

@ atupa
pls what do u mean? What will ur sympathy do to her? Will it put food on the table or care for her child. Every one is entitled to their opinion and experience. Your statement was really unfair.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by vexxy(f): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2005
I am a woman and I don't agree with you on that.

atupa:

She is just saying that she was not aware that she was pregnant just to get people to sympatize with.The ladies on this thread will agree to that because there is no way you will be pregnant without knowing.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by whiteshark(m): 7:29am On Dec 04, 2005
alheri:

It doesnt have to be logical,it doesnt have to make sense for it to be true. Like I said I know people who were in such circumstances and theyre not liars. For christs sakes even chocolatte here said it happened to her. Why can't you just believe that even though its rear,it happens? Open your mind, people learn till they die.

Listen sweetheart, in this life, u do not believe all that u hear. People tell u stuff just to get the better of u. I can mislead u if I want something from you or just 4 d heck of it. Trust is good but too much trust leads to deceit. I tell u that it will be very difficult 4 me to accept dat anyone can be 3 to 5 months gone without knowing d real koko of d matter. Abeg make una leave dat side jooo.... People will talk because they want to be heard......
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by hotangel2(f): 11:14am On Dec 04, 2005
All i can say is HMMMMMPH!

But Yes, some women can get pregnant without knowing.
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by whiteshark(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2005
I nor gree. dat one nah fabu...........
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by prettyH(f): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2005
Whiteshark, na u know , u don get belle before?
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by whiteshark(m): 1:55am On Dec 05, 2005
prettyH:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin.....U nor well u this gal.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy by alheri(f): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2005
prettyH:

dont mind him,my sista. You know sharks lay EGGS!!! cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are You Still Married? / The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself / T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.