Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,802 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? (50553 Views)

Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / You Think You Know Nigeria: Which City Gate Is This? (photo) / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:53am On Dec 04, 2006
Sista:

The last I heard it was Houston, in fact there are a lot of Nigerian families who must have been there for a long time because many of them own homes.

There are nigerians who own homes in the USA, but live in Nigeria angry
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by edygirl(f): 3:53am On Dec 04, 2006
I am so glad they are not much out here in chicago unlike other places. Yeah you can hate on me after reading this. grin So glad. So glad. grin
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:53am On Dec 04, 2006
:-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by edygirl(f): 3:54am On Dec 04, 2006
Yeah my uncle is one of them.
JosBoy4Lif:

There are nigerians who own homes in the USA, but live in Nigeria angry
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:55am On Dec 04, 2006
But Sista said that they must have been here for a long time because they own homes  tongue
What a silly inference to make  grin
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by edygirl(f): 4:00am On Dec 04, 2006
My uncle and wife are citizens here but only come here during summer.

Sister was drinking when she said that. grin grin
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:02am On Dec 04, 2006
Why didn't she invite me, I havn't drank in so long
What does your uncle do?
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by edygirl(f): 4:04am On Dec 04, 2006
Well he is a business tycoon. He travels around the world.No more info.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:05am On Dec 04, 2006
money good oooo, thats my dream
to afford such luxuries
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 04, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

money good oooo, thats my dream
to afford such luxuries

first you have to study and pass those six exams awaiting you!!.
They are just not handing out A's and B's lol

1 Like

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by bluenubian(f): 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2006
texas, so many nigerians there that u can find a group specifically for people from your own village
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by 1forall: 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2006
I don't know.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by sakish(f): 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2006
i think there are lots of nigerians in dallas.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by nguage(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2006
that new york stuff is a lie sha. Aint not so many nigerians here. Maybe a lot but in comparison wit the population? Not NY
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by zebudaya(m): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2006
it has too be houston Texas, i was in houston one summer ( at walmart) and i heard someone say "tomato a acha u ucha" to the walmart girl ( this tomato is not ripe). i was shocked!, Even the girls over at the bank counter were all Nigerian bimpe, ayo etc.
i went to church on a sunday, the whole church was Nigerian, and the women were blocking my view with their big hair ties. it's nice though!.

4 Likes

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by thecolonel: 9:21am On Dec 07, 2006
We got few Nigerian in New York (So far I just know Menike and some few other Niaja Dudes I row wit) . So I must say TEXAS (hOUSTON and Dallas ) are #1 and 2

So many Igbos, Benin and Few Yorubas . But INDIANA has Many Many Many ONDO guys there (It's like LIL' AKURE) grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by sherocks: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2006
thecolonel:

We got few Nigerian in New York (So far I just know Menike and some few other Niaja Dudes I row wit) . So I must say TEXAS (hOUSTON and Dallas ) are #1 and 2

So many Igbos, Benin and Few Yorubas . But INDIANA has Many Many Many ONDO guys there (It's like LIL' AKURE) grin grin

I thought Ondo peeps were predominately in Maryland ?
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by MP007(m): 1:13am On Dec 08, 2006
kat , he asked for city and not state ,
its houston , houston has the largest number of nigerians /,
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Ndipe(m): 6:15am On Dec 08, 2006
This webpage claims that Houston has the largest concentration of Nigerians over any other cities in America.

Here is the link

http://grandioseparlor..com/2006/06/cnns-how-to-rob-bank-nigerian-image.html
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by marlet01(m): 10:53am On Dec 08, 2006
Hhhhmmmm undecided
is that so?
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Bossman(m): 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2006
As far as I have heard, NY has the most number of Nigerians then Houston and Chicago is #3.  The Baltimore/DC area is 4th. Not surprising, these are well known large cities. NY being the largest city, Chicago being the 3rd largest (LA is 2nd), and Houston being the 4th.   Houston's weather is probably a factor, even though both NY and Chicago have are much more of a metropolitan area than Houston. Heck! Chicago's winters can be brutal. The last few days the temperature has been below freezing. For example this morning, it was 0 degrees F (-18 C). That's freaking 32 degrees below freezing.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Ndipe(m): 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2006
Winters in Chicago? Forget it. It is brutal. I read in Chicago defender message board that about 5 homeless men died due to the cold weather. The shelters in Chicago, some of them are not opened 24 hours, so it is tough. And the bill for electricity is astronomically high, according to what I read , 600 dollars? That's a lot of money.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 09, 2006
i thought it was New York? but there are a lot of us in Chicago i mean A LOT!!
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by tipsy289(m): 10:16am On Dec 09, 2006
I think Houston,u hear a lot of nigerians goin there, then Baltimore.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by marlet01(m): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2006
i learnt Houston is the second
while NY is 1st
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Shagari2(m): 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2006
Biafra, Tx. cheesy
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by AmeriNaija(f): 1:19am On Dec 11, 2006
I think the better question is where is the highest percentage of Nigerians? it's not by numbers. one city may have more nigerians but if u compare it to the rest of the population, it's actually a small percentage. People like to think NY b/c it has a high population of ppl but it's not true.
the highest population i have seen is in baltimore and DC. I live in NY and i always wonder where my ppl are at. Maybe their mostly in Brooklyn (i live in Manhattan) but even still,

i've met more Ethiopians than i have Naijas. this probably has to do w/ their # of restaurants in the city. the only time i really met naijas are during our independence day parade. I've met more naijas in london in 3 months (almost everyday) then i have met them in NY being here for 3 years.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Ndipe(m): 1:27am On Dec 11, 2006
Ethiopians were granted asylum in the USA during the famine that hit their country in the 80's. Some were even airlifted (I think so) from their country, so that accounts for their vast population in the DC area.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by iskil: 7:59am On Dec 11, 2006
Wat about South carolina? any 9ger peeps there?
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by tuxpow3r(m): 11:10pm On Dec 11, 2006
it has too be houston Texas, i was in houston one summer ( at walmart) and i heard someone say "tomato a acha u ucha" to the walmart girl ( this tomato is not ripe). i was shocked!, Even the girls over at the bank counter were all Nigerian bimpe, ayo etc.

ROFLMAO!
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by classiqkid(f): 1:18am On Dec 13, 2006
Maryland of course
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by babe1(f): 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2006
Houston, no doubt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians) / Us Conference Visa / Accident Victims Who Died Along Keffi - Garaku Road. Do You Know Them? (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.