Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,240 members, 7,822,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? (50526 Views)

Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / You Think You Know Nigeria: Which City Gate Is This? (photo) / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by chigurl(f): 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2009
well, Nigerians are everywhere really. The trick is where does a Nigerian find a job? That will decided where that Nigerian will settle,  Someone said Nigerians are like roaches but no i think they are more like salt or sand,  I also saw a movie that shows how Nigerians do everything to go to European countries. According to the movie, every second, every minute, every hour there is a Nigerian trying to leave the country. Nigeria has a population of a 150million so what does that tell you about the country,
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by mamagee3(f): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2010
Maryland and Houston, Texas.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by sulad82i(m): 4:01am On Feb 06, 2010
Currently I reside in MD and I love it here cos I dont have to speak oyinbo man language if I dont want to. Lot of 9ja ppl, but I asked one of my brothers who moved down to MD from Houston about this same question months ago. He said Houston get plenty Nigerians pass MD.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by nkemjou(f): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2010
my uncle said texas mayne, L.A has much fewer doe
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Freiburger(m): 12:25am On Oct 30, 2010
I heard it is Baltimore in Maryland.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by EzeUche0(m): 12:37am On Nov 01, 2010
Well Maryland is not a city, but a state, but Maryland has the largest numbers of Nigerians. You will find many Igbos and Yorubas in that state. Some live in Baltimore, others live in PG County with a few sprinkled in Howard, Baltimore, and Montgomery County.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Ndipe(m): 12:49am On Nov 01, 2010
EzeUche0:

Well Maryland is not a city, but a state, but Maryland has the largest numbers of Nigerians. You will find many Igbos and Yorubas in that state. Some live in Baltimore, others live in PG County with a few sprinkled in Howard, Baltimore, and Montgomery County.

More than a few. If we are to go by square mile of each state, then I think the number of Nigerians in Maryland may exceed Texas because Maryland though a small state, has a lot of Nigerians.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Toluth(m): 12:37am On Nov 02, 2010
Hi house, Pls I need quick info about the cheap schools in terms of tution and living expenses,
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by sulad82i(m): 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2010
Toluth:

Hi house, Pls I need quick info about the cheap schools in terms of tution and living expenses,

Do u mean sch in the US or what?
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by iambaker(f): 1:53am On Nov 09, 2010
Texas! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Toluth(m): 11:43am On Nov 10, 2010
@sulad82i, Yeah, I mean schools in the US for graduate studies in economics,
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by chyk91(m): 1:40am On Nov 12, 2010
use the internet

1 Like

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by tpia5: 3:37am On Aug 16, 2011
no poll?
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Lax75(m): 5:51am On Aug 16, 2011
That would be D.C. and Houston. Hard to say which has more naijas D.C. seems to hve more Yorubas, Houston has more ibos.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by chigurl(f): 12:46am On Nov 17, 2011
You guys can't believe this. I lived in Indiana briefly and believe me i saw some Nigerians there. Actually i met a good amount of Nigerians and it wasn't a good experience. I know a few live in Arizona and some live in Boston. I have come to NE Ohio too and i was told i can show where the Nigerians are at. I said listen, I know where they are and i will locate them myself when i am ready. Right now i kinda prefer to just do my own thang. My family was living in some part of Pennsylvania and there was a very little Nigerian presence but nonetheless, i have peace of mind until i relocated to Indiana and encountered those blabber mouths and womanizers over there. I know some live in Yonkers, NY and some counties North of NYC. Some live in Wisconsin too. I have no doubt Nigerians live in Hawaii. Just sick and tired of everyone who knows a Nigerian wanting to introduce me to all of them. I mind my own business and need not know every God damn Nigerian out there.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by horny4u(f): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2012
chigurl: You guys can't believe this. I lived in Indiana briefly and believe me i saw some Nigerians there. Actually i met a good amount of Nigerians and it wasn't a good experience. I know a few live in Arizona and some live in Boston. I have come to NE Ohio too and i was told i can show where the Nigerians are at. I said listen, I know where they are and i will locate them myself when i am ready. Right now i kinda prefer to just do my own thang. My family was living in some part of Pennsylvania and there was a very little Nigerian presence but nonetheless, i have peace of mind until i relocated to Indiana and encountered those blabber mouths and womanizers over there. I know some live in Yonkers, NY and some counties North of NYC. Some live in Wisconsin too. I have no doubt Nigerians live in Hawaii. Just sick and tired of everyone who knows a Nigerian wanting to introduce me to all of them. I mind my own business and need not know every God damn Nigerian out there.

See how screwd up this sounds ....The above says i am ashamed of my heritage and the people who are most similar to me so therefore I am ashamed of me.....simples.
You need help with your self esteem...NIG are still one of the most helpful, friendly peeps out there.America don't want you cos no matter your PP your software ain't americano software. grin grin grin grin grin shocked

3 Likes

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by newacca: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2012
I heard loads of 'em are in Atlanta,GA.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by honeric01(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2012
city or state?
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by BrandonCarter: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
Washington DC has a large Nigerian community as well as other African nationals like Ethiopians.

Safaris in Kenya
safaris in Zambia
Madagascar holidays
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Ndipe(m): 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2012
Why am I not receiving notification to my contributions on Nairaland?
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by phizzle14(f): 11:48pm On May 29, 2012
please nigerians in md i seriously need help..
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Isjaymoh(m): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hello house, pls what period is the best to apply for US visa and what season is the best to travel? Thanks
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by mevisbleek: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
Arizona
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Gelatoman: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2012
So much said about the city or state where most Nigerians lived in the state.

My questions is for peeps that lived in in Houston. What advice do you have for someone who want to establish a small but tasty and mouthwatering delicatessen outlet(eatrey) in houston. Im not a citizen but I have friends who can assist in terms of using their name to rent space or shops etc. Honest advice pls
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by laglad: 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
@Gelatoman I hope you're still hot on your idea. Here is a link to 101 cities with the most residents who were born in Nigeria - http://www.city-data.com/top2/h118.html

I'm actually also in the food business but I'm a student. For an entrepreneurship class, I started www.NigerianFoods.com.

Please take a survey to help us with our service -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PJ6WY2M
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by tpia6: 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
the topic has just about been covered i should think.

most of the info is correct i guess.

however, after a while people may tend to move out of their comfort zones into relatively unfamiliar territory, even though the majority stay where they are.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Ginger81(f): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hi. Do you still stay in Maryland. Are you close to Hollywood? I need a little help with something in that area. Anyone in Maryland if you can please

sulad82i:
Currently I reside in MD and I love it here cos I dont have to speak oyinbo man language if I dont want to. Lot of 9ja ppl, but I asked one of my brothers who moved down to MD from Houston about this same question months ago. He said Houston get plenty Nigerians pass MD.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by ocelot2006(m): 12:39am On Sep 26, 2015
EvilSlayer:
What attracts Nigerians to Houston, the weather? Arizona is hotter but don't have that much Nigerians there.

The oil industry.

2 Likes

Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by tpiander: 1:32am On Sep 26, 2015
and jobs I should think.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by Ndipe(m): 8:46am On Jul 29, 2020
Ndipe:
@dolliepie, even way back in Naija, my aunt used to tell us that some residents of MD died of heat strokes. Could not believe it, neither did I know much about the ailment until I moved out here and found out that some residents, particularly the elderly are most vulnerable to heat strokes in the East Coast and the Chicago area. Baltimore is a nice city, but I understand, it is a crime infested city. Visited Columbia, a wealthy enclave of MD. I was in Silver Spring during my mini vacation, and I tell you, Nigerians, plenty for that area. Not too long ago, I read an article about the number of Nigerians living in MD. The population alone for Silver Spring was about 15,000 (hope my memory serves me well).

But what is the main attraction that lures Nigerians to Maryland? The place just did not really entice me, apart from my family members. Crime is too much, and real estate, though not as ridiculous as California, still is expensive.
Re: Which City In America Has The Most Nigerians? by TJ0987(f): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
Wow! 14 years later you're still active on the thread. Lol... Nice!
[quote author=Ndipe post=92223182][/quote]

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmadu Chanchangi Is Dead (Chanchangi Airlines Chairman) / Paulcy Cyprian Iwuala In A Motor Accident - Photos / Us Conference Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.