Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri (20583 Views)

"Politicians Buy AK47, Weapons For Herdsmen" - Miyetti Allah / List Of 16 States Ready To Establish Cattle Colonies For Herdsmen / Governor Ikpeazu Rejects Cattle Colony For Herdsmen In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by gare(f): 12:05pm On May 11, 2016
omenka:
Some flacky brain dead cowards have taken to hiding behind the back of other brain dead cowards to throw feeble jabs at my shadow. cheesy

When are you bunch of low lives creating another thread on Omenka?

I go torment una for this forum una go regret ever registering walahi. cheesy

Go get a job my guy or better still enlistment is going on for herdsmen foreman go pick form and stop making noise

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by copiescopy(m): 12:06pm On May 11, 2016
I smell lies, let me sip my beer first Like i care !!!

I suppose the Fed government should also know by now that those people blowing up the oil installations are not Niger Delta militant but the foreigners who overran Bakassi peninsular from Cameroon and they are the ones blowing up pipelines. So the fed government should focus more on the foreigners who infiltrated us from bakassi the same sway they discovered the infiltrators are from foreign countries who masquerade as herdsmen . in one piece the Niger delta militants are not responsible for the blowing of pipelines but the gendarmes from across the border in Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by brajy(m): 12:06pm On May 11, 2016
titiakins:
exactly
That's where I was going
They want to do to Nigeria what they did to Kwara state

Before you know it they have taken over

With time they will start kill people in their towns and taking over Nigeria slowly but surely
With federal backing of course!
U getting it wrong !!!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by DeRay98(m): 12:08pm On May 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:
ABUJA—THE Federal Government yesterday described the Fulanis who engage in cattle rearing across the country as very peaceful people who move around with the families in search of water and grasses for their cattle.

The government also said that those involved in clashes with farmers, killings and destruction of property were not Fulanis, but another gang of Boko Haram.

According to the government, the persons who have so far been arrested cannot speak any Fulani or Nigeria language.

It added that those tagged suspected Fulani were foreign terrorists from other countries.

Speaking yesterday during the Public Hearing on perennial clashes between herdsmen and farmers organized by the Senate Joint Committees on Agriculture and Rural Development and National Security and Intelligence, Minister of State, Agriculture and Rural Development, Heineken Lokpobiri, said perennial conflict was a national and regional security.

He said the problem faced by herdsmen was also faced in Cote d’Ivoire, stressing that the problem was not limited to Nigeria.

He said: “Available statistics to us in government show that contrary to media report that these violent herdsmen are the conventional Nigerian Fulanis, they are not, as none of those apprehended was able to speak any of the Nigerian languages.

‘’This gives strong credence to the possibility of the violent herdsmen to be another form of terrorists in the mode of Boko Haram.

“The problem is not Nigeria, but regional, more so, when the Nigerian Fulani man has always been known to be a peace loving person.”

Also at the public hearing, there was sharp disagreement between the farmers and herdsmen on grazing routes.

Fulani herdsmen, under the aegis of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, rejected the setting up of ranches and supported the establishment of grazing reserves and called on the government to create Ministry for Livestock Development.

In a 24-page presentation by the Association’s National Legal Adviser, Mohammed Bello Tukur, Miyetti Allah Cattle said: “The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development should work with the ‘Ministries of Water Resources, Environment, National Planning, Foreign Affairs, state governments, farmer organizations, and community leaders to demarcate routes and cattle resting points with support from technical and financial partners.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/herdsmenfarmers-clash-involved-not-fulanis-boko-haram-foreign-insurgents-fg/

This is absolute truth, as someone who grew up farming Edo state, fulanis lead their cattles along the road to grass by roadside, they don't allow their cattles to enter roadside farms or eat crops, they beat the cattles and speak to them in their language.
When suddenly peaceful cattle rearers begin to get violent, I knew it's not them but hired men from poverty ridden countries like Niger, Chad etc.
These guys have nothing to lose hence even they do anything.

This activities have been on in parts of Edo state for some years now and it didn't come to national lime light.
I am aware that some few years ago, some bini villagers were killed by the "herdsmen". The community mobilized and retaliated killing several of them and tens of cows. But nobody acknowledged the "missing" herdsmen which proves that they don't belong here.
The other culprits we should address are those who employed these devil's to herdsmen probably because they accept less pay than the conventional Fulanis that we have always known.
I AGREE THAT THESE ARE NOT NIGERIANS BUT FOREIGNERS. BUT DID IT JUST OCCUR TO OUR SECURITY AGENTS?
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by titiakins: 12:09pm On May 11, 2016
jmaine:
Reading ridiculous comments from the Pro- Criminal herdsmen crews here makes me sad. Imagine some fools saying, the grazing reserve bills will be forced down our throats and nothing will happen.

I laugh . . . . .
we have to stand as one and resist this with all our might

Otherwise Nigeria is gone!!!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by abbey621(m): 12:09pm On May 11, 2016
Only fools would believe they are actually herdsmen. Herdsmen don't go around carrying AK47 and other assault rifles, herdsmen value their cows more than anything, they won't leave their cows behind and run away. Isn't it a coincidence that Boko Haram attacks are suddenly became non-existent when herdsmen attacks began? Anyways whether it's herdsmen or Boko Haram they should be dealt with by all means necessary!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Eluwilussit(m): 12:12pm On May 11, 2016
fulanimafia:
One can expect the secessionist rodents to spew their ignorance on this thread. The FG is only restating what others have been saying for months now.

Ijaw Youth Council
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/27/boko-haram-terrorists-disguising-as-herdsmen-to-kill-iyc/

The Nigerian Army
http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/troops-kill-73-insurgents-disguised-as-herdsmen-in-borno.html

Anyone expecting that hardworking Beef, Milk, Leather and Mutton producing Fulani Herdsmen would drop their livelihood to be carrying AK47 and constantly running from security agents definitely needs some screws in their skull tightened.

So how did the DSS determine that the graves somewhere in Abia were those of 5 fulanis? How are we sure that they were not terrorists or foreigners? I thought one of the people caught lived or grew up in Enugu where his father did or do business? Lies! Lies! !
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by jmaine: 12:12pm On May 11, 2016
titiakins:
we have to stand as one and resist this with all our might

Otherwise Nigeria is gone!!!

That silly bill is going no where. The ediots bleating here are not aware of the dangerous sound beats the Criminal Fulani herdsmen scourge is brewing.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by titiakins: 12:15pm On May 11, 2016
jmaine:

That silly bill is going no where. The ediots bleating here are not aware of the dangerous sound beats the Criminal Fulani herdsmen scourge is brewing.
I hope so cos they Fulanis have a way of getting what they want

I won't be worried if we don't have corrupt senators and members that can be bribed to pass anything into law

We need God's intervention!!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by ceejay80s(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2016
koboko69:
There is more to this Fulani mafia.

There people have been moving around since i was a baby, without any issues. We hardly hear of clashes then.

These are definitely rustlers or BH in device, i strongly believe they are not the fulani heardsmen we used to know.

The media is also not helping matters.

Guy a.b.o.k.i na a.b.o.k.I , that was then, go and try them now and see what they will do to u
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by elopee3000(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2016
fulanimafia:
One can expect the secessionist rodents to spew their ignorance on this thread. The FG is only restating what others have been saying for months now.

Ijaw Youth Council
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/27/boko-haram-terrorists-disguising-as-herdsmen-to-kill-iyc/

The Nigerian Army
http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/troops-kill-73-insurgents-disguised-as-herdsmen-in-borno.html

Anyone expecting that hardworking Beef, Milk, Leather and Mutton producing Fulani Herdsmen would drop their livelihood to be carrying AK47 and constantly running from security agents definitely needs some screws in their skull tightened.
so fulani cattle chairman that said they attacked Agatu and enugu cus thier cattles was stolen is crazy right?buhari and his fulani killer's should look for another lie,fulani people can never conquer south like they did in plateau I support what fayose said all farmers should poison thier water for fulani cows
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by ClintonDal(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2016
I really want to understand something here, I can't seem to fully comprehend what the FG and the Miyetti Assoc. are saying.
1. The FG has denied that it isn't the Fulani herds men who are responsible for the killings
2. They are sure it's foreigners
3. The Miyetti folks wants a new Ministry that will provide lands across Nigeria for their cattle to graze.
Now my questions; What are the FG plans on combating the said foreigners and boko haram in the south.
2. Where is the Fulani herds man that was arrested and videos of the enugu massacre found in his phone, is he a boko haramist or foreigner.
3. How does giving the Miyetti folks land all over Nigeria curb the killings in the south by supposed boko haram/ foreigners since they insist they aren't the killers.
Cc : Omenka Modath TonyeBarcanista FireFire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Donclaracuzo: 12:29pm On May 11, 2016
In that case, Nigerians should rise and kill every herds man around his corner. They are not Nigerians and the military and police should stay clear!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Shakur86(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2016
wolfslair:
The picture is clear
Islam will not go away peacefully

long live
stop reasoning with your anus. what has this got to do with Islam
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Blakenails(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2016
This is a pure issue of Government of the Fulani by the Fulani and for the Fulani... Even my keyboard now knows how to spell Fulani.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 11, 2016
Nusaf:

Nobody stops u from defending urself when the need arises but the opportunity shouldn't be used to attack the law-abiding armless herdsmen.
abeg answer me,the farmer that was killed in Edo,they the are foreigners too?
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nusaf: 12:42pm On May 11, 2016
2dugged:
abeg answer me,the farmer that was killed in Edo,they the are foreigners too?
I wouldn't know, but don't attack the armless law-abiding ones under the guise of self-defense.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by kernel501: 12:46pm On May 11, 2016
fulanimafia:

Ijaw Youth Council

The Nigerian Army

I guess it was foreigners that bombed our pipeline, 'right?

1 Like

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 11, 2016
Shakur86:
stop reasoning with your anus. what has this got to do with Islam

YOU I GUESS

LONG LIVE
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 11, 2016
Mumu lokpobori
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 11, 2016
Nusaf:

I wouldn't know, but don't attack the armless law-abiding ones under the guise of self-defense.
since you don't know, let me tell you categorically that they were Fulani herdsmen, it happened in my local government headquarters, and as for the law abiding part,I can also tell you that my uncle was once robbed by fulanis (I don't know if they were herdsmen )on his way to the village,and can also tell you in confidentiality that from 2015 to previous years, they have terrorized Benin -Asaba by-pass robbing passengers, we have also heard their exploits around other express roads linking the state,so don't come here and tell me they are law abiding, I lived closed to the by pass for years before we moved,so I know exactly what I am saying
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by harsysky(m): 12:55pm On May 11, 2016
cktheluckyman:
ABUJA—THE Federal Government yesterday described the Fulanis who engage in cattle rearing across the country as very peaceful people who move around with the families in search of water and grasses for their cattle.

The government also said that those involved in clashes with farmers, killings and destruction of property were not Fulanis, but another gang of Boko Haram.

According to the government, the persons who have so far been arrested cannot speak any Fulani or Nigeria language.

It added that those tagged suspected Fulani were foreign terrorists from other countries.

Speaking yesterday during the Public Hearing on perennial clashes between herdsmen and farmers organized by the Senate Joint Committees on Agriculture and Rural Development and National Security and Intelligence, Minister of State, Agriculture and Rural Development, Heineken Lokpobiri, said perennial conflict was a national and regional security.

He said the problem faced by herdsmen was also faced in Cote d’Ivoire, stressing that the problem was not limited to Nigeria.

He said: “Available statistics to us in government show that contrary to media report that these violent herdsmen are the conventional Nigerian Fulanis, they are not, as none of those apprehended was able to speak any of the Nigerian languages.

‘’This gives strong credence to the possibility of the violent herdsmen to be another form of terrorists in the mode of Boko Haram.

“The problem is not Nigeria, but regional, more so, when the Nigerian Fulani man has always been known to be a peace loving person.”

Also at the public hearing, there was sharp disagreement between the farmers and herdsmen on grazing routes.

Fulani herdsmen, under the aegis of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, rejected the setting up of ranches and supported the establishment of grazing reserves and called on the government to create Ministry for Livestock Development.

In a 24-page presentation by the Association’s National Legal Adviser, Mohammed Bello Tukur, Miyetti Allah Cattle said: “The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development should work with the ‘Ministries of Water Resources, Environment, National Planning, Foreign Affairs, state governments, farmer organizations, and community leaders to demarcate routes and cattle resting points with support from technical and financial partners.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/herdsmenfarmers-clash-involved-not-fulanis-boko-haram-foreign-insurgents-fg/

No!!!! It's not Boko haram for they have been defeated long ago. Chai, this govt don tire themselves not me...
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by JUHABACH: 1:01pm On May 11, 2016
dare2differ:
Can't use your brain? If they want it, let them ask for it! Haven't they got representatives?

They will establish grazing reserves and nothing will happen. One thing you fail to forget that once these Bakkasi men go on rampage, they will kill themselves, they will rape their women, turn their kids to orphans, destroy the few social amenities they have and the FG would also order the soldiers to wipe them out. Their loss would be greater than the Fulanis tongue grin

Continue to threaten violence, at the end of the day you will be the one to suffer am.

By the way, please educate yourself. There is no good in sounding like an id.iot. The FG can PURCHASE local lands for grazing. It is no different from subsidies or aids the government give farmers. These Fulanis are the reason you have meat and ponmo to eat in the East, West and South. It does not make any sense to start act like a mor.on because of some baseless perception.

BUNCH OF PARANOID PEOPLE!

so much wrong in this post, i m not even sure where to begin.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by AfroBlue(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2016
>>According to the government, the persons who have so far been arrested cannot speak any Fulani or Nigeria language.

any village i-diot could have figured this out, and that they are foreign paid mercenaries causing all this new wahala.

i'd bet they're being paid with looted funds parked outside the country.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by forgiveness: 1:08pm On May 11, 2016
abbey621:
Only fools would believe they are actually herdsmen. Herdsmen don't go around carrying AK47 and other assault rifles, herdsmen value their cows more than anything, they won't leave their cows behind and run away. Isn't it a coincidence that Boko Haram attacks are suddenly became non-existent when herdsmen attacks began? Anyways whether it's herdsmen or Boko Haram they should be dealt with by all means necessary!

Bros, i will not lie to... I saw herdsmen when they tried to rob hummer buses with AK47(3 of them) along Benin - Ore express road before they were repelled by the police on patrol 2 years ago.

I was told before then by victims robbed by the herdsmen on that road but i didn't really believe until i saw it that day with my two koko koro eyes. The police spared their lives by not shooting at them when they took to their heels on sighting the police.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by Nusaf: 1:09pm On May 11, 2016
2dugged:
since you don't know, let me tell you categorically that they were Fulani herdsmen, it happened in my local government headquarters, and as for the law abiding part,I can also tell you that my uncle was once robbed by fulanis (I don't know if they were herdsmen )on his way to the village,and can also tell you in confidentiality that from 2015 to previous years, they have terrorized Benin -Asaba by-pass robbing passengers, we have also heard their exploits around other express roads linking the state,so don't come here and tell me they are law abiding, I lived closed to the by pass for years before we moved,so I know exactly what I am saying
I am glad u said that u don't know if they were herdsmen. While the fact that fulanis have been involved in both robbery and kidnapping can not be disputed, it is important u know that not all fulanis are herdsmen. An average fulani cattle breeder with an average of 10 to 15 cattles and above is more concerned with the safety and well-being of his animals rather than robbery or any other illegal activities that will affect him. I have relations that have fallen victim to the fulanis' criminal activities but note that not all fulanis are herdsmen and vice versa.
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by cytellProperty: 1:11pm On May 11, 2016
This government nah useless one o, foreigners bearing arms in your country and killing your citizens. You are also bold to declare it. Shameless people.
cktheluckyman:

Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by abbey621(m): 1:26pm On May 11, 2016
forgiveness:

Bros, i will not lie to... I saw herdsmen when they tried to rob hummer buses with AK47(3 of them) along Benin - Ore express road before they were repelled by the police on patrol 2 years ago.

I was told before then by victims robbed by the herdsmen on that road but i didn't really believe until i saw it that day with my two koko koro eyes. The police spared their lives by not shooting at them when they took to their heels on sighting the police.

They are not herdsmen, an average herdsmen does not have the money to purchase an AK47!
Re: Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri by forgiveness: 1:29pm On May 11, 2016
abbey621:

They are not herdsmen, an average herdsmen does not have the money to purchase an AK47!

So, I no know how herdsmen look like again ko?

How much is AK47 and how much is one Nama(cow)?

E bi like say you think those boys are poor.

Bros, i repeat " I saw herdsmen with 3 AK47...".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo Represents Aisha Buhari At West African College Of Nursing Event / Militants Threaten To Stop Oil Exploration Over PMB's Focus On Northern Nigeria / Anambra Governorship Election - Igbos In Lagos React (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.