Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy (14117 Views)

Thanks Internet! See What Our Secondary School Girls Are Now Doing In Class / Bad Economy Forces Calabar Prostitutes To Slash Insertion Price / Bad Economy Affecting Our Business –lagos Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by winkmart: 8:54am On May 11, 2016
The economic recession has struck the s*x market in Paradise City of Calabar, the capital of Cross River State, forcing commercial working girls to slash their charges to an all-time low.
Due to diminishing patronage as a result of the nation’s dwindling economy which led to financial slup and low spending by Nigerians, prostitutes of the s*x market in Paradise City, Calabar, the Cross Rivers State capital, has been forced to slash their charges to an all-time low of N400 per insertion and N1,500 – N2,000 per night for home service.

A commercial s*x worker from one of the hot red light zones in the city, Madam Becky, who spoke in Pidgin English, revealed that since February, the girls have been complaining of ‘bad market.’

“Why you dey ask me all this kind JAMB question sef, u sure say u no be police? Na because you buy me drinks, wetin I fit tell be say Buhari government no favour us at all, if na before, u no go see girl plenty like that for here, except say Ekelebe people dey disturb. We dey settle them well well, but since February, the business don bad well well,” she lamented.

At some of the brothels and spots in Calabar South visited by a reporter, the story was the same. A street walker, Princess, said: “I finished My WAEC before I joined this runs oo, my father died that same year and my mother is not too strong to take care of all of us.

“My father’s people accused our mother of our father’s death, so life has indeed being difficult. I actually came to Calabar in November 2015. I am from Orlu in Imo state but I started this business in Owerri before I moved to a joint in Obiagu in Enugu. Then for a change of environment, I decided to come to Calabar, last year, because I heard that there is usually a boom during the Calabar Carnival and I witnessed it, but things started changing around February,” she said.

According to her: “We used to collect a minimum of N500 naira for a round of sex but it started going down after that Valentine celebration. My customers in a day before used to be between 20–35 when business was good, but as I am talking to you, my highest in a day is no longer up to 18 or 20 when there is a boom.

“Upon say I be slim-fit, the only time we have business now is when they pay salaries, during festivities and public holidays,” she asserted.
At a spot on Lugard Street, one of the call girls accosted areporter, saying, “No be N500 again oo, Buhari don make us bring down the price, port one and get one free. If you want home service, just tell me na only 2k I go collect but you go buy be drink and suya ooo with Indomie, but if you want sharp sharp, na N500 I go collect for one round ooo,” she added.

According to her, “We just dey manage to survive, wetin man pikin go do, people no dey patronize us like before again, de only hope wey we get some time na some of our regular customers and during some weekends and holidays, but we nor get choice than to reduce wetin we dey charge before,” she asserted.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/05/see-what-prostituites-are-doing-in.html

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by winkmart: 8:55am On May 11, 2016
tough times are here

1 Like

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by playtheblues(f): 8:59am On May 11, 2016
Are those girls in the picture not actresses?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by Sugarcious(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2016
Am in calabar and I think this post is nothing but a product of a writer with water melon seed brain. Fake story. Framed up! Tomorrow when u see calabar girls u think they are all prostitutes.
*spits on thread*

13 Likes

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by Nobody: 9:04am On May 11, 2016
Go find Job PUTA!!!
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by farano(f): 9:06am On May 11, 2016
Say NO to prostitution.

1 Like

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by KingTom(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2016
Sugarcious I agree with you no mind the mumus. Business has been bad because Ayade has demolished most of the regular joints, economy ko commerce ni grin

2 Likes

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by integrity85(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2016
Princess my sister, please come back home!

2 Likes

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by SINXU(m): 9:11am On May 11, 2016
This is one venture I'm Never gonna patronise.

1 Like

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by permanentgrace(m): 9:26am On May 11, 2016
Hmmmmmmm, Buhari why?
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by c4tnoelz: 9:47am On May 11, 2016
Let d economy hit dem d more dey will soon start gvn it free. Laziness of d highest oda dey should cm to d north and see how girls, ladies n women are mixing cement and sand, plating n fixing nails to meet up dia needs.

1 Like

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by chriskosherbal(m): 9:50am On May 11, 2016
Hmmm life.
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by Baawaa(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2016
May be they will look for reasonable work than prostitute

1 Like

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by dayosweetness(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2016
Sugarcious:
Am in calabar and I think this post is nothing but a product of a writer with water melon seed brain. Fake story. Framed up! Tomorrow when u see calabar girls u think they are all prostitutes.
*spits on thread*
oga Bleep off!!..Op is just trying to let us know how hard it is to survive in naija at the moment, why take it personal, if u av a job you wont want to be defending the whole of calabar....Ode!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by youngberry001(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2016
playtheblues:
Are those girls in the picture not actresses?

see wonder wich of den resemble's any actresses in nollywood.......no be olosho u eyes dey see dere
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by yungryce: 12:27pm On May 11, 2016
Have be waiting for dis topic
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by Kiish(m): 12:53pm On May 11, 2016
But YES to "Runs Girls" shey? smh
farano:
Say NO to prostitution.
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by teekay213(m): 12:55pm On May 11, 2016
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by CAPSLOCKED: 1:20pm On May 11, 2016
undecided
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by westlius(m): 1:30pm On May 11, 2016
400 per insertion. Choo. Ashawo cheap pass GF oooo

2 Likes

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by cindyJenny1994(f): 1:30pm On May 11, 2016
smiley smileyHelloo, good day, everyone,. Pls I'm new in this forum,. Am I welcomed??
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by coolmonster: 1:39pm On May 11, 2016
cindyJenny1994:
smiley smileyHelloo, good day, everyone,. Pls I'm new in this forum,. Am I welcomed??
yes, you are welcome. Where do you stay?
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 11, 2016
Cindyjenny1994, welcome to the league where u will learn both positive and negative things so is upto u to choose

back to the topic, na so e dey everywhere
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by MajorWarren: 1:53pm On May 11, 2016
wharris this... stupid topic/thread....thought they now offered a buy one get one free deal...mtcheeeew angry angry
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by playtheblues(f): 2:31pm On May 11, 2016
Do I even know?

youngberry001:
see wonder wich of den resemble's any actresses in nollywood.......no be olosho u eyes dey see dere
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by youngberry001(m): 2:35pm On May 11, 2016
playtheblues:
Do I even know?
hope say no be army men's dey ya Dp bah
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 11, 2016
westlius:
400 per insertion. Choo. Ashawo cheap pass GF oooo
Abiiiii oooooooo
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by playtheblues(f): 3:56pm On May 11, 2016
You scared?

youngberry001:
hope say no be army men's dey ya Dp bah
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by AgentGoat: 4:16pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarcious:
*spits on thread*
i think u have comprehension problem undecided

1 Like

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by anselm791(m): 4:22pm On May 11, 2016
dayosweetness:

oga Bleep off!!..Op is just trying to let us know how hard it is to survive in naija at the moment, why take it personal, if u av a job you wont want to be defending the whole of calabar....Ode!! undecided

Is it until he tells you that he visits olosho joints in calabar that you will understand that he knows what he is talking about?
I agree with him, the write is a figment of the writer's imagination.
If anything, the prices has gone up, and we all know that konji never goes down, recession or no recession

2 Likes

Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by makdcash(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2016
OGA find work for dem nah cool

uote author=farano post=45513145]Say NO to prostitution. [/quote]
Re: See What Prostituites Are Now Doing In Calabar Because Of The Bad Economy by free2ryhme: 6:57pm On May 11, 2016
Baawaa:
May be they will look for reasonable work than prostitute

Have u ever employed anybody before

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Europe Lying To Us About Their History? ((photos)) / Is It Good To Double Date? / Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.