Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG (89670 Views)

Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Students In Akwa Ibom Disrupt Townhall Meeting Organized By FG / Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Seer83(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2016
Apc and buhari are bunch of oloriburukus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by salardeman: 5:36pm On May 11, 2016
when GEJ made this move , there was protest everywhere and now Buhari is about doing same. i dey laugh Nigerians in Vernacular

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by amazingspiderma: 5:36pm On May 11, 2016
Edifyer:

One Must surfer b4 enjoyment.. Have you ever seen where a broken leg/hand is being fix without pain? Nigeria is broken and Buhari is fixing it. It could take years.. I don't care and I'm very patient..let him lay the foundation and fix out Nation.. He is very sincere and also feel out pain but that will not make him to stop he has to fix it.........he has to do it.... those that did not vote 4 him, and are not patient and wants him to fail keep complaining and praying for his failure, keep supporting the Militant, IBPO... and have empathy for Boko haram members.

Nothing you do will change.. We are on the path of progress and PBM will succeed

Optimism cannot substitute for competency .
Proudly 5%.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by giles14(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2016
waiting patiently for #occupyasorock

hope d hypocrites are on their way to d street for protect thank God that d drunkard is in otuoke now
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by bedspread: 5:37pm On May 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
modath:
E don happen!! Ojota 2:0 loading...

Star Artists, Phyno and Olamide....

MO will be on Ghostmode...  smiley
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by pafun(m): 5:39pm On May 11, 2016
Mrpoker:
God in heaven, we do not deserve buhari!
Please kill him for me.
If you do this for me, I will dedicate 90% of my time doing your works.
I will live in your temple and serve you, I will testify to the world about your goodness and mercy.
[size=20pt]LOL[/size]
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Booty4me: 5:40pm On May 11, 2016
Zombies how far??

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Niceiroko: 5:40pm On May 11, 2016
See this country
willyede:
when GEJ did this they were occupying everywhere lets see how Nigerians react now.....i just they laugh this country grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by TS2(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2016
Ozi ayanpeh!

Perorozenzehn.

E don happen!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Lescott7(m): 5:43pm On May 11, 2016
It time for us to accept APC led Buhari administration as our faith,he has removed what has been raising questions,the budget has been assented. It's now time for us to keep watching him fixing Nigeria.
I was a proud supporter of Buhari then but the time has now come for us to keep watching him and see if he is truly ready to deliver

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by mkoabiola: 5:43pm On May 11, 2016
Nothing good can come out of ds present administration even if it is sold @300/litre ,some E-diot will stil defend d clueless gvt n party,I gv up

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Jesusloveyou: 5:44pm On May 11, 2016
ify84:
All those who occupied Nigeria then and will not occupy Nigeria now... Will a go to Hell fire.
while not occupy ur village, so that u wil not go hell fire
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Olumoze(m): 5:47pm On May 11, 2016
I thought APC said subsidy was a scam? We have just been scammed by APC. This is not fair in anyway. What exactly are we the citizens of this country benefiting from our government we run and pay for everything ourselves this is not fair at all, very insensitive.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Akshow: 5:47pm On May 11, 2016
Edifyer:

One Must surfer b4 enjoyment.. Have you ever seen where a broken leg/hand is being fix without pain? Nigeria is broken and Buhari is fixing it. It could take years.. I don't care and I'm very patient..let him lay the foundation and fix out Nation.. He is very sincere and also feel out pain but that will not make him to stop he has to fix it.........he has to do it.... those that did not vote 4 him, and are not patient and wants him to fail keep complaining and praying for his failure, keep supporting the Militant, IBPO... and have empathy for Boko haram members.

Nothing you do will change.. We are on the path of progress and PBM will succeed
I share ur optimism
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Bose253(f): 5:47pm On May 11, 2016
Abagworo:
God bless Buhari. What Jonathan could not achieve in 6 years he has done in one year. Game over for the subsidy cabal.
You're a shameless one, aren't you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:47pm On May 11, 2016
jic4real:
The Federal Government, Wednesday, removed subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit, also known as fuel as it will now sell for N145 per litre.

Details later…

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/breaking-fg-removes-fuel-subsidy-sell-145-per-ltr/
Make we gather baba for airport now
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by joxiri: 5:48pm On May 11, 2016
I guess it was inevitable the timing couldn't have been any worse
The irony of it is that pmb won't face as stiff an opposition as gej did when he attempted to remove it, because Nigerians are now wise.
Shame cos it feels like we lost those intervening years from gej attempt to now.
However 145 is still rather high considering crude oil prices are at a very low price, 120-130 would have been a more accurate amount as originally speculated

And once again pmb dropped a bomb shell on us whilst abroad, rather than addressing the media.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Adesiji77: 5:48pm On May 11, 2016
Even at N145/litre, will it be readily available? angry
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Feraz(m): 5:49pm On May 11, 2016
Abagworo:

Everyone agreed there was need but sincerity of purpose and integrity was the stumbling block. Buhari is a man of integrity hence he will enjoy the support of most Nigerians.
Stop being clever by half biko! angry Let us assume PMB is a man of integrity; when asked about subsidy, what was his response? The FG who according to newspaper reports, was going to 'lobby' NLC and TUC and then give the approval to independent marketers to increase pump price behind the citizens is not a govt. of integrity.

BTW, not everyone agreed to subsidy being removed as seen during the protests in 2012 except maybe the 5%ers. Where I can fault GEJ is the initial agreement of removing it by April but did so Jan 1, 2012.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by vykte(m): 5:50pm On May 11, 2016
ify84:
All those who occupied Nigeria then and will not occupy Nigeria now... Will a go to Hell fire.
amen

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by festboi: 5:51pm On May 11, 2016
that is the best any government can do, cuz' there is fall in crude oil which really affect the economy.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Olumoze(m): 5:52pm On May 11, 2016
So what exactly is the template? What parameters were put together to reach N145 per liter? This is wicked!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 11, 2016
opportunity for oil dealer
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Kulas: 5:53pm On May 11, 2016
Confused government.Imagine the same people that staged a protest and occupy Nigeria under Gej is d same people removing subsidy n hiking the price of fuel.Gej must always be remembered as the best President in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by iukpe: 5:53pm On May 11, 2016
And how much will it be when there is scarcity and black market reigns?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by innocent1(m): 5:53pm On May 11, 2016
When GEJ removed little of the subsidy in the last administration, he was targed a bad leader. I wonder what PMB should be called now knowing the state of the economy now

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by spencekat(m): 5:53pm On May 11, 2016
The Buhari government is insentive to the plight of Nigerians.This is not the best time to remove subsidy.APC does not wish Nigerians well.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Seunjungle(m): 5:54pm On May 11, 2016
Didn't we buy it when it was #200/180?

Commodities that were cost during that time are still in their higher places...why don't we accommodate this system to short cut those cabal hands that are the major beneficiaries of this subsidy?

Masses will be on a safer side if this system can be introduced. But NLC have work to do here on what FG will use the money for...hope you got me right?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by stevecantrell: 5:54pm On May 11, 2016
TheFreeOne:

But Fashola once said PMS should sell for less when crude was about $70 and Gej removed #10 and now that's it's below $50 why sell @ #145?

So it means under the current administration Nigerians are the ones subsidizing the govt.

GBAM
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by Iglesia02(m): 5:54pm On May 11, 2016
Akshow:
you call this good work You call this callous and wicked decision which will only add more suffering to the already suffering masses good decision May God forgive you.
I love it, he should go on, Nigerians voted for change, enjoy ur change joo.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG by VERDA: 5:54pm On May 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Abeg park well.

We are doing this because oil is below 50 usd per barrel...meaning we do not have the revenue for any subsidy.

You cannot keep on spending money that you do not have.

During GEJ's time oil was above $100 per barrel and the post subsidy price would have been 140naira,now a barrel is around $40 and the present governments post subsidy price is 145 naira......Stop being hypocritical,and just so u know I have always been in support of subsidy removal cos it makes economic sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Army Plays Wike's Phone Call At A Press Conference / Profile Of 'VIP' Inmates In Kuje Prison Before Attack / Bank Of Biafra Currency Found (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.