Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? (1681 Views)

10 Pictures Sex Starved Guys Can Relate To / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Ladies, An Illiterate Rich Guy Or An Intelligent Poor Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by databoy247(m): 6:18pm On May 11, 2016
Most Nigerians term illiteracy as someone who did not attend the four walls of the university. For most guys, if she's not a graduate its a no no (even from their parents).

So guys, can you marry an "illiterate"?

Or is it your parents standard that you must marry a graduate?

Just curious.
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by saaedlee: 6:25pm On May 11, 2016
Just hear to read the lies

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by talk2alabama: 6:28pm On May 11, 2016
In this current economy, it is expected of a lady to be a graduate at least before she gets married.. I really don't think any husband would like to pay bride price of a lady who isn't a graduate yet and still send her to school..
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by sinaj(f): 6:28pm On May 11, 2016
Cme to read comments!

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 11, 2016
Make i go carry my chair sit down dey read comments
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 11, 2016
An illiterate....

Hell No..
She must have an MSc at least undecidedundecided
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Sugarcious(m): 6:38pm On May 11, 2016
WARNING: Some SSCE holders are 100% better than the so called graduates of tertiary institution. Both in wifey duty and respect for husband. I have seen it and I know what am talking about. Especially when the girl has been living with her parents, she learns a lot on being a good mother and wife rather speaking english and reading volumes of books.

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 11, 2016
If she looks like this, then i don't care.

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by vicky6055(f): 6:43pm On May 11, 2016
If you check the trend going on 50% of girls can be classified as illiterates in Nigeria while only 25% of boys can be classfied as so (even if they went to school)...

And I refuse to for a guy, be it my brother to marry an illiterate unless she has some great achievement with her. or chooses for further her education..

Its not that illiteracy is a dangerous thing, as there may be factors which lead to this (maybe poverty, or orphaned) But if these are the factors leading to illiteracy then she should be ready to further her education....

Or else #NO
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Karleb(m): 7:14pm On May 11, 2016
A fuckinğ no.
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by databoy247(m): 7:20pm On May 11, 2016
vicky6055:
If you check the trend going on 50% of girls can be classified as illiterates in Nigeria while only 25% of boys can be classfied as so (even if they went to school)...

And I refuse to for a guy, be it my brother to marry an illiterate unless she has some great achievement with her. or chooses for further her education..

Its not that illiteracy is a dangerous thing, as there may be factors which lead to this (maybe poverty, or orphaned) But if these are the factors leading to illiteracy then she should be ready to further her education....

Or else #NO

My dear, there are some ladies who are not opportuned to be schooled cos of poverty while for some, its delibrate. I have met a girl who decided tailoring over university. Her sister is still in school but she has learned to start making money and understands the real world out there. Its her choice, she is attractive, decent, homely, speaks well, and can cook very well....plus she earns a decent income.

Now will you discourage your brother from taking such woman as a wife?

2 Likes

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 11, 2016
°•Wait,that ain't the definition of illiteracy.

Nevertheless.
Is schooling actually always necessary?
If she's got natural ingenuity I don't see why it's a problem she didn't school

Some talents don't need the
extra refining a school offers.

If She's better at the arts
Or has creative hands
Or is bussiness savvy
Why school if she can do well without it?

°•What of stay at home wives an mothers?
They are important but many haven't schooled

An how many even get jobs in the filed they've schooled?
Don't they have mountainous debts?
Well an unschooled woman doesn't grin
.. look at the positive points!

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Kelly2713(m): 7:25pm On May 11, 2016
please help me ask the op if literacy guarantees happy marriage life? the op is hmmmnnnm m*d
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by braithwaite(m): 7:26pm On May 11, 2016

Why the hell would i
cry
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by databoy247(m): 9:51am On May 12, 2016
braithwaite:

Why the hell would i
cry

Hmmm
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by braithwaite(m): 10:26am On May 12, 2016
databoy247:

Hmmm

WOULD YOU?

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Rushtec(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2016
what about ND HOLDER
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by skywalker240(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2016
OP what u should be asking is can u marry an un-educated woman?.......since u cant define illitrate from education then it means u might an illitrate 2 no offense here..

u and i know there are alot of educated illiterates everywere an un educated lady could be clever, even more than that educated lady.. jus because someone reads and write doesnt makes that person a literate......how then are many mothers of the 70s and 80s be able to support and sustain their home when their husbands were down?

I would marry an un educated woman or even the so called illiterate u are refering to, provided she has brains to do whats right to benefit the home .....something of support to the table and not those so called literates who only spends time watching telemundo and uploading selfies on social media and keeps looking for ready made men since they feel they are educated.

Many ladies call themselves literate but aint as wise as the so called illitrate...i guess u see whats happening now in our present age..... even the so called literate ladies are lazy unlike most so called illiterate that are industrious

Its something of the mind.

Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by databoy247(m): 11:08am On May 12, 2016
skywalker240:
OP what u should be asking is can u marry an un-educated woman?.......since u cant define illitrate from education then it means u might an illitrate 2 no offense here..

u and i know there are alot of educated illiterates everywere an un educated lady could be clever, even more than that educated lady.. jus because someone reads and write doesnt makes that person a literate......how then are many mothers of the 70s and 80s be able to support and sustain their home when their husbands were down?

I would marry an un educated woman or even the so called illiterate u are refering to, provided she has brains to do whats right to benefit the home .....something of support to the table and not those so called literates who only spends time watching telemundo and uploading selfies on social media and keeps looking for ready made men since they feel they are educated.

Many ladies call themselves literate but aint as wise as the so called illitrate...i guess u see whats happening now in our present age..... even the so called literate ladies are lazy unlike most so called illiterate that are industrious

Its something of the mind.

Peace

Exactly my line of thought.

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by skywalker240(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2016
databoy247:

Exactly my line of thought.
True fact my man,..

True fact bro
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by vicky6055(f): 11:22am On May 12, 2016
databoy247:

My dear, there are some ladies who are not opportuned to be schooled cos of poverty while for some, its delibrate. I have met a girl who decided tailoring over university. Her sister is still in school but she has learned to start making money and understands the real world out there. Its her choice, she is attractive, decent, homely, speaks well, and can cook very well....plus she earns a decent income.

Now will you discourage your brother from taking such woman as a wife?

You will always need education my dear

Education is not all about money.... Its the way of life
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Nobody: 11:51am On May 12, 2016
Nah. Because literacy is the ability to read, understand and ruminate on that which has been read. But I suppose you meant to ask if one could marry an unschooled person (someone who refused to, or hadn't even the opportunity to attend any of these fancy, robot-churning-facilities called schools.) If so, definitely. All I want in a person is that they have a fine idea of how things work.

Schooling is bloody overrated. There, I said it. You can be literate, educated and helluva clever right in the confines of your own house. You'd have been many places and learnt lots of things via books / the screen tho.

I understand how certification brings people satisfaction tho. Mediocre people, that is.

I'd marry a lady with nothing but a primary school certificate in a heartbeat if she gets it.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by databoy247(m): 6:57pm On May 12, 2016
vicky6055:

You will always need education my dear

Education is not all about money.... Its the way of life
Being educated seems like a dream come true, but it does not guarantee she being a homely wife. A huge percent of our female graduates have dragged the "educated" status to the mud that it virtually means nothing and cannot be seen as a major criterea in searching for a wife.

I rather marry a tailor who is unschooled and yet understands life, than marry a graduate that spends a greater part of her day taking selfies doing pic editing without a vision.

My take.

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by Surfboard(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2016
Yes, as long as she's intelligent. And please there's a difference between being educated and being intelligent.
Re: Guys Can You Marry An "Illiterate" Girl? by IBNgemini: 9:03pm On May 12, 2016
Wetin concern me and literacy.... Have seen successful women with little or no formal education... My mum is one.........
School is over rated........

(1) (Reply)

8 Serious Relationship Questions To Ask A Partner / Temperaments And Sex: The Sanquine Husband & Sex. / Can You Marry Someone Who's Sextape Is Om The Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.