Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement (52243 Views)

We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers / A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Marketers Sell Fuel Above N145 — The PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by babestella: 9:05am On May 12, 2016
BTW, I bought Petrol this morning at 180 per liter. I saw this coming because when petrol was at 86.50, other non major marketers were selling for between 120 and 150 per liter, so now that it's officially 145 per liter, it's natural it's going to be selling at above 170 in non major marketing fuel stations.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by JohnLou(m): 10:00am On May 12, 2016
NEPA===failure
FOOD===expensive
TRANSPORT ===expensive
Run GENERATOR===Very expensive

Life to live=== only God can help
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by ClitRaider: 10:15am On May 12, 2016
erunz:
Who did Nigerians offend.

5 seed of tomatoes N400
Fuel now N145
One congo of rice N500

All these things on top . N18,000

God please we need you.
Now this is Chanji!!
Thank God youre getting 18k monthly, millions of graduates like me aint gettin sh.it.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by ClitRaider: 10:21am On May 12, 2016
emiwanlee:
I thought they said that there was no subsidy.... that fuel should be sold for #40 ... Please somebody should please answer
You must be a zombie, cos youre underinformed and paranoid.
Pms will NEVER sell for N40, just as a USD will never be equal to a NGN.
It was a scam by apc to beat Gej and y'all deluded stinking zombies swallowed the hook, line and sinker.
May devil purnish apc.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Joe892: 11:50am On May 12, 2016
We are on change,so accept any thing you
see pls
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
The competition has started....

Soon....them salesmen would be outdoing one another to see who can sell at the lowest price possible.
Same way diesel was competitive and now sells for #40 abi. Lols
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by ogmask: 12:23pm On May 12, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
I don't support its removal even though I know it's the right thing.. GEJ saw the massive looting through subsidy and decided to remove it in 2012, But Baba Tinubu and his APC Zombies protested at Ojota and other states in Nigeria....

GEJ We Miss you

Any other Candidate aside GEJ in 2019 remains an exercise in futility PDP take Note. cool cool cool cool

Question is "what did the part removal serve"?
It was good the subsidy was not removed fully then otherwise the money saved could hav gone into private pockets. If Jonathan lacked the will to do it doesn't mean that someone with balls can't do it.

As for GEJ coming back in 2019, it's a NO NO. The gentleman is too weak to lead.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 12, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

Same way diesel was competitive and now sells for #40 abi. Lols

How many people use diesel?

And by the way....you Nigerians should stop longing for low pump prices. That era is gone.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by 989900: 12:46pm On May 12, 2016
ipromise:
embarassedOh my God!!! How will govt salary earners survive in this situation? Prices of other comodities have risen up already, there's no purchasing power and salary is not growing..

You have to demand for increment in wages; no other way out, or continue suffering and smiling!
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:54pm On May 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

How many people use diesel?

And by the way....you Nigerians should stop longing for low pump prices. That era is gone.
Sincerely speaking its not worth engaging you. You spoke of competition which was your biggest reason for deregulation and I've given you one that was deregulated. Isookay tell me about phcn deregulation how much it has reduced since the competition started? Lols
U still haven't found out the underlying causes why deregulation ain't good to go now oga.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by Zeemarch(m): 1:36pm On May 12, 2016
Hnnmmmmmm. Change government indeed. The change that was used to campaign finally changed. Fuel price now #145 per litter. This will affect the economy of this country drastically because everything in this nation depends on fuel. If it was indeed APC that was behind the Occupy Nigeria during PDP regime, they did a wonderful job as an opposition party. It is now time the PDP(the major opposition party in d country) also sponsor occupy Africa(or whatever name they want to call it) because we can't just sit down and this government treat us like fools.
I voted for APC because I thought they will bring change but I regret doing so now because all this affect somebody like us(THE MASSES). If they can return the fuel price back to what it was(its now past tense), I will know we have government.
I don't care who they fight with the anti corruption crusade, all I need is a better Nigeria.
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by oshe11: 1:51pm On May 12, 2016
Icon4s:
Emmm.. but i thought d APC during GEJ's time said Fuel should sell for N45/litre?

Bunch of clueless morons.

I blame GEJ's supporters hu didn't have PVCs.
Like me, I had d temporary one bt I no of abt 10 pipo dat kudnt gt dia permanent voter's card! At d station whr I registered, we were more dan 2000 pipo, bt na onli abt 700 pipo permanent voter's card dem released
Re: NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement by P0intBlank(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2016
thefakestan:

Let's assume you are right, it's still shy of 140N. So where did the extra 5N come from?

Now considering the fact that the Marketers are only responsible for about 50% of the products, what now happens to the other 50% imported or refined or sourced by NNPC?

That means they'll be making over 45N per litre!!!

Truth be told, the Marketers will not sell @ 145,
Because when NNPC was selling @ 86 they sold for 130.
We should expect them to sell for something close to 200N since NNPC will be dispensing for about 145.

ThefakeStan

Lets do some rough calculation: @N197 Landing cost is N84.32 and N85.08 per litre for NNPC retail outlets and marketers respectively ;
@N320 Landing cost is N136.96 and N138.20 per litre for NNPC retail outlets and marketers respectively
Don't forget you'll still have to add the distribution margin, which include retailers, transportation, bridging fund(NNPC used to pay marketers for deliveries outside Lagos) and dealers margin. U get my drift?
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/202792-petrol-sell-n99-38-per-litre-without-subsidy-pppra.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"I Now Look Like 60-Year-Old Man While I Am 40, Nigeria Frustrated Me" (Video) / APC Reacts To Defection Of 15 Senators, 36 House Of Reps Members / IPOB/ESN Parades Child Soldier To Fight Nigeria Army - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.