Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member (4137 Views)

Cipm Result / Calling All Cipm Students! / Cipm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by babybird82(f): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2009
I av a B.Sc in Chemistry but going for a career in Management. I need advice on d best way to go about it.
Secondly, i was told about CIPM so i visited their site. I found out dat u av to be a non-professional member b4 u can write d professional exams. Pls i need someone 2 put me tru.
I am also considering a PGD in management at NIM in collaboration wit OAU, Ife. Any advice.
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by Nezan(m): 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2009
Hey man, go for your PGDM, and possibly MBA before thinking of your next line of action.
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by ayobase(m): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2009
thats it!
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by braido(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
if you are based in lagos, CIPMN's office, Lagos State branch is situated close to Alausa Secretariat. the address is not with me, otherwise i would have written it down. this is the description: when you get to alausa gate, cross the road to the other side, and walk through that road, their office is on the left hand side of the road, a green building with CIPMN boldly written on it. go inside and get the necessary details that you need!
wish you the best
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by illusion2: 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2009
Go for an MBA and just pay the fees to join NIM,once u complete MBA take it from there.
MBA + relevant experience is more valuable
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by babybird82(f): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
@ all
Thanks for ur replies.
Will i be needing my transcripts from school to register @ CIPM.
Meanwhile, how do i go abt d exemption. I believe i am to start @ Intermediate 1.
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by illusion2: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2009
Its advisable for your long term academic future,to always have your transcripts at hand.

For info on exemptions visit the CIPM office/website wink
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by braido(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2009
if you have your BSC certificate, you might not need your transcript before you can obtain the form. when i went to make enquiries, i was told that if one is a graduate, the individual would start from Intermediate 2 and not intermediate 1.
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by emmajaci: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2009
Friend, I am a member of CIPM preparing for my Intermediate one exam. Once u pay 3k into their account and send the teller to them, u get a reply and say 2 to 3 months notifying u of your membership and student number. Since u are a graduate, you start at intermediate one. u have to pay acceptance fee of 5,500 and 12,500 for exemption within 6 months of receiving the letter. U don't need any transcript but send the teller with a form downloaded from their cite, ur cv and photocopies of your credentials. I'm preparing for my exams in February and I'm to pay for tutorials worth 17,500. I also have to pay 20k for the exams and 4k for the study pack. be sure u are ready .take care
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by MyPeace(f): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2009
emmajaci:

Friend, I am a member of CIPM preparing for my Intermediate one exam. Once u pay 3k into their account and send the teller to them, u get a reply and say 2 to 3 months notifying u of your membership and student number. Since u are a graduate, you start at intermediate one. u have to pay acceptance fee of 5,500 and 12,500 for exemption within 6 months of receiving the letter. U don't need any transcript but send the teller with a form downloaded from their cite, your cv and photocopies of your credentials. I'm preparing for my exams in February and I'm to pay for tutorials worth 17,500. I also have to pay 20k for the exams and 4k for the study pack. be sure u are ready .take care

Am glad to search this forum. l just finished filling my form today to submit before the end of next week and prepare for the February exams. Which of the centres are u preparing for the exam, but l learnt when l called one of the centres that tutorials will start in October.
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by braido(m): 10:41am On Sep 08, 2009
@ Mypeace
Which of the stages that you would start with? am yet tro purchase my form but hope to do that before the end of the month!
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by MyPeace(f): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2009
braido:

@ Mypeace
Which of the stages that you would start with? am yet tro purchase my form but hope to do that before the end of the month!

l dont know yet, am a graduate of business education, when l submit my form, l would be told, its either internmdiate 1 or possibly 2.
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by MyPeace(f): 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2009
Who will fill the SPONSOR column, l dont know any financial member of CIPM, what do i do?
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by braido(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
it all depends, then it is quite difficult for people who do not know any body that is a financial member of CIPMN to fill the form completely. then it is also similar to that of APCON where you need a practitioner to sign your form for you.
i know one or two people who are financial members especially in lagos state, (the chairman and the social welfare/publicity member)!
i would help you out if you want me to do that! cheers and good luck
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by MyPeace(f): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2009
Pls l need ur help, how do we go about it?
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by braido(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2009
ok, send me a mail and i would how i could be of help to you (gentlebado@yahoo.com)
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by Mustay(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2009
What sort of difficult requirement is that?

Nigeria sef! Why restrain access to an institute?
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by babybird82(f): 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
Pls does a graduate working presently need to av completed nysc b4 registering for d exams? What abt graduates without their certificates, what documents wil they submit.
A friend of mine needs 2 know. Thanks.
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by babybird82(f): 7:10am On Sep 29, 2009
Pls a friend wants 2 know if nysc is a criteria for graduates to enrol? Also, she is yet to get her degree certificate, wat docs can she submit? She is a management graduate.
Re: How Can One Become A Non-professional Cipm Member by pioneer: 8:47am On Jul 03, 2014
For your CIPM/ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel
Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition
centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for
ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For
enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-
mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com,
info.excelassociates@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Struggling With Cover Letters? Let's Crack It Here. / Learn How To Generate Recharge Card Pin, Sell Airtime And Data From Ur Home / Mobil Producing Nig Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.