Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Guys Are We Romantic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Are We Romantic? (1553 Views)

The Tall Guys Are All Taken / I Wanna See How Many Guys Are Innocent Of These... / Nigeria Guys Are Cheap, Hungry And Gold Diggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Are We Romantic? by mazaje(m): 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2006
Has anyone ever notice that we are unromantic?

Ask yourself how many Nigerian guys eat together with their wives/girlfriends from the same plate and drink from the same cup?
How many of us take a day off to help our wife/babe with the dishes and the cooking?
How many of us hug our wife(s)/babes and kiss them before leaving home?
How many of us dress elegantly just to impress our wife(s) /babes
How many of us call our wife or girlfriend from the workplace just to tell her you miss her?
How many of us take a bath with our wife/ girl friends
How many of us play before having sex?
How many times have you told your wife/babe you love her?
Lets be truthful to ourselves and give sincere answers grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by ikamefa(f): 12:16am On Nov 20, 2006
mazaje:

Ask yourself how many Nigerian guys eat together with their wives/girlfriends from the same plate and drink from the same cup?
How many of us take a day off to help our wife/babe with the dishes and the cooking?
How many of us call our wife or girlfriend from the workplace just to tell her you miss her?

hum! NICE tongue
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by Eurphoria(f): 1:29am On Nov 20, 2006
many guys are romantic, if we women allow them to be. We have become too too independent and hard faced that when we see a good thing we either knock it out of them calling them wimps or boring, or we dont say thank you, instead moan and whinge. Its true because i have been like that and many of my girlfriends too, but i have changed things and allowed those little moment when a guy does those romatic things, in stead of forget and shout '' what have you done for me lately'', curtesy of Janet Jackson wink

But yeah some guys are unromantic too, lets hear thm and thier excuse tongue
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:54am On Nov 20, 2006
why dont you break the ice and answer your questions?
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by harvey(m): 9:47am On Nov 20, 2006
well well.i think am romantic.i write poems to my wife to be.and i tell her how pretty she is everyday.we call ourselves on phone just to say how much we miss eachother,but i must say here that she keeps me doing more of this cos she appreciates all what i do and how i do my stuffs.i think i am.some guys cloud their emotions with their ego.they just have to let in and make it work.ladies like and want to hear all this even if u are lying to them.but am not lying to my wife to be.its the truth on how i feel about her.
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by iice(f): 11:39am On Nov 20, 2006
some guys spout romantic stuffs where they have no intention of following thru, others are romantic in actions but not so much in words. Either way, romantic guys don't do it for me tongue
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by acidrop(f): 11:42am On Nov 20, 2006
i go crazy 4 romantic guyz, cos am kinda gulible undecided
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by Eurphoria(f): 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2006
lol romance and love dont always go hand in hand also. You will find that some of the most romantic are also the biggest players going. But who says a girl can't enjoy all the trappings of a romantic guy? pls if i spot he is playing then i will smart enough to know when to stop dancing to his tune. Romance is a game. For those in real relationships with a omantic guy thats a different matter.
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by CrazyMan(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2006
mazaje:

Before you start condeming yourself,
ask yourself this question.
How many girls does all those things written above for their lover.
don't you know that by constantly doing all those things, you are enslaving yourself.
such things isn't love. it's slavery sad
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2006
If that's slavery then by all means bring it back.
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by CrazyMan(m): 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Thief of hearts
If a guy treats you as romantic as stated above, you can't expect such lovely times to last.
as time goes on, he'll get fed up. that's why i called it slavery.
it occurs when a guy gets a new girl friend.
he's blinded by her love that he becomes a slave.
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2006
are you seriously saying there are guys that dont ENJOY doing such things with his gf, not just a new gf either? Speak for yourself or maybe it's just Nigerian guys that are like that.

One of my exes who's white did all that for our entire two years together
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by CrazyMan(m): 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

are you seriously saying there are guys that don't ENJOY doing such things with his girlfriend, not just a new girlfriend either? Speak for yourself or maybe it's just Nigerian guys that are like that.
We enjoy it.
it's just that over doing it becomes a pretence.
if you love a girl, you have to act normally towards her.
when you start delvloping the habbit of having her come first in your thoughts, it then becomes slavery.
co's you'll find your self under some kind of mysterious authority. ie acting like a robot doing anything she asks you to do.
for me i don't count that as love.
if you love someone, both of you must have equal feelings for each other. the guy musn't be the only one to tell her romantic words and take her to romantic places.
she must also play her part.
before that can be considered as true love.

ThiefOfHearts:

One of my exes who's white did all that for our entire two years together
It's good you made use of the word [size=13pt]ex [/size]
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2006
You dont exactly know why he's my ex now do you? troll.
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by CrazyMan(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2006
No i don't
am just trying to make you understand certain issues here. sorry if i hurt your feelings
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by desiree(f): 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2006
Some guys can be romantic without the constraint of work, money and education in the way. I know i have met some romantic guys and some that ain't got a clue. i agree with Euphoria there, a guy once use to write me a poem every single day by text message, first thing in the morning, don't asked if i appreciated being woken up at 6am by a text message. cool
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by Eurphoria(f): 4:40am On Nov 21, 2006
aww wasnt that sweet? lol sorry Desiree. Yeah you see what i mean though lol. I certainlly want romance these days i am not scared to say it lol
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by acidrop(f): 8:53am On Nov 26, 2006
seriously guys, amybe u should answer and take these questions into consideration if u want a real chick 2 fall for you, and u nig guys keep wondering y african queens keep marrying and going out whites guys, over uz, well there u go,
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by finia(f): 7:52pm On May 27, 2009
They are romantic when u are still dating but once you get married all the kisses and i love u disappears. Bathing together is no more a fun thing. but there are few of them that are real
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by acidrop(f): 5:57am On May 28, 2009
no
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by patwhizkid(f): 6:53am On May 28, 2009
No! We ain't romantic!
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by Igwe9(m): 8:10am On May 28, 2009
who get time for all that rubbish stated up there? undecided
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by Nobody: 9:23am On May 28, 2009
My lady is d prettiest woman on this planet,n i let her know that all the time, i have so so so many pet names i call her dt do burst her head,i've got a song for her n i call more than 20 times in a day just to let her know i miss her n love her,i have note books full of poems for her,right from when i met her till d day she saw it 5years later,and when she read them she crieeeeeeeeeeed sayin she never knew i love her so much.I have always loved my baby,n truly i've never seen any as cute n sexy as her,even on Nairaland.Take it or leave it
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 04, 2013
tiniyata: My lady is d prettiest woman on this planet,n i let her know that all the time, i have so so so many pet names i call her dt do burst her head,i've got a song for her n i call more than 20 times in a day just to let her know i miss her n love her,i have note books full of poems for her,right from when i met her till d day she saw it 5years later,and when she read them she crieeeeeeeeeeed sayin she never knew i love her so much.I have always loved my baby,n truly i've never seen any as cute n sexy as her,even on Nairaland.Take it or leave it

That ain't romance, Thats insanity.
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 04, 2013
tiniyata: My lady is d prettiest woman on this planet,n i let her know that all the time, i have so so so many pet names i call her dt do burst her head,i've got a song for her n i call more than 20 times in a day just to let her know i miss her n love her,i have note books full of poems for her,right from when i met her till d day she saw it 5years later,and when she read them she crieeeeeeeeeeed sayin she never knew i love her so much.I have always loved my baby,n truly i've never seen any as cute n sexy as her,even on Nairaland.Take it or leave it

Is this a dream sad
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by Godson201333(m): 8:00am On Jun 04, 2013
Huh?would you think of romance if you have been begging a girl since months for just 1 chance and luckily you found the chance lol
Re: Guys Are We Romantic? by carlos1(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2013
CrazyMan:
We enjoy it.
it's just that over doing it becomes a pretence.
if you love a girl, you have to act normally towards her.
when you start delvloping the habbit of having her come first in your thoughts, it then becomes slavery.
co's you'll find your self under some kind of mysterious authority. ie acting like a robot doing anything she asks you to do.
for me i don't count that as love.
if you love someone, both of you must have equal feelings for each other. the guy musn't be the only one to tell her romantic words and take her to romantic places.
she must also play her part.
before that can be considered as true love.

It's good you made use of the word [size=13pt]ex [/size]

Are u trying to say her ex got bored and gave her d boot ?

(1) (Reply)

Fine Girl With Food Debris On Teeth Passing By You / His Deformity Opens Her Love With His Doctor: 9ja Ladies hummm / For FL GATORS, For You Dear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.