Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price (34126 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Proposed Cattle Colonies In Kogi / "If I Die; I Die"- Senator Dino Melaye Reacts To Recall By His Constituents / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by amazingboy(m): 11:35pm On May 12, 2016
Why do you say Buhari has not done anything
1,the exchange rate since baba took over...Buhari
2, fuel scarcity for 3months
3, inflation of goods and services,e.g tatoes,etc
4,and now, fuel price...baba has done something..sai baba
mrarranger:
WHAT RUBBISH!!!!

I have been silently praying that this Buhari will do something meaningful before his tenure reaches one year. May 29th is around the corner, yet nothing from him.

............... BUHARI YOU ARE A DISAPPOINTMENT

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by BeardedMeat(m): 12:25am On May 13, 2016
mukhcech:

Son of a Dullard!!!
Yea Son of gworo chewing burukutu sipping fulani dullard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by AreaFada2: 12:45am On May 13, 2016
amazingboy:
Why do you say Buhari has not done anything
1,the exchange rate since baba took over...Buhari
2, fuel scarcity for 3months
3, inflation of goods and services,e.g tatoes,etc
4,and now, fuel price...baba has done something..sai baba

grin grin
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Adek15(m): 12:51am On May 13, 2016
[quote author=AnanseK post=45567126]
Logical Reason!
Chief Joseph is a petroleum importer. He imports 10 million litre of petrol at the of cost of N95 per litre.

He report to the DPR that he has imported 15 million litres at the cost of N105 per litre, requesting N30 subsidy per litre.

DPR sends Mr. Yusif a inspection and monitoring officer, to measure and verify the authenticity of the claims.

Chief Joseph offered Mr. Yusif a bribe of the applied subsidy in liew of 1 million liters, which Yusif reject instantly, requesting that of 3million liters so that, it can comfortably go round to his bosses.

Apparently they ended up agreeing on 2.5m liters each. The deal is strucked, Mal. Yusif and his Bosses ended up with N75,000,000 while Joseph, the importer gain N400,000,000 on the deal They jointly cheated the government the sum of N175,000,000.

Finally Chief Joseph divert 75% of the product to the black market and sell at N120 per liter to the masses. Later the government will also pay the cost of transporting 15 million liters to the allocated filling stations across the country.

Thats exactly the case of petroleum subsidy in Nigeria. So isn't it better for the government to invest those savings of hundreds of Billions of Naira wasted every year on subsidy, on life touching project
Thanks for that explanation but my question is how can Mr Johnson buy fo #95 and lied to FG that he bought it for #105. Isn't the price suppose to be fixed??
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Jowonloju(m): 1:58am On May 13, 2016
Rubbish
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by sinceraconcept(m): 2:19am On May 13, 2016
ogawisdom:
Any attempt to protest will lead to massacre, better ask Ipob their experience. Buhari is a dictator

Dino is a super courageous man, it takes a lot of nerves to make this statement when buhari is at aso rock, even wen his wealth is being investigated.

Presidency can send EFCC after him for this statement alone n label him corrupt but he doesn't care, seems his wealth could b clean
I swear,Dino is the most courageous politician I know. He doesn't fear anybody,he lives in a glass house but throws tons of stones anyhow
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by hresso: 2:37am On May 13, 2016
This guy should go and sit down.
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by sunshine1974(m): 2:51am On May 13, 2016
donphilopus:

The thief has started as usual. Lemme see how the protest is gonna look like. At the mention of his name, corruption stinks!
kindly mention one case of corruption against him.....people like u are easily decieved.
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Nobody: 3:11am On May 13, 2016
Buhari is DOOMSDAY! I deeply regret voting d demonic nomad!
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by ohenhen1: 3:20am On May 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

What a slowpoke, good luck leading your protest by yourself. I am not following a corrupt slowpoke like you.

How many cars do you have?

How much are you making in the Senate?

did you receive your $180K car?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by ClintonDal(m): 3:50am On May 13, 2016
Lol, Nigerians will always continue to remain gullible. This has already been planned, after the announcement certain figures who denounced the subsidy removal then will also do the same now but no action will be taken.
They might just protest to save face and not to be seen as going back to their vomit.
This confirms for me that APC has no agenda on how to run the Nation.
My advice: Leave Nigeria if you can.
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by babestella: 5:15am On May 13, 2016
They'll soon bring up corruption charges against him just to shut him up. Watch out.
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by bimbo2k10: 5:20am On May 13, 2016
God bless Nigeria
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by missuniverse(f): 5:31am On May 13, 2016
AnanseK:

Logical Reason!
Chief Joseph is a petroleum importer. He imports 10 million litre of petrol at the of cost of N95 per litre.

He report to the DPR that he has imported 15 million litres at the cost of N105 per litre, requesting N30 subsidy per litre.

DPR sends Mr. Yusif a inspection and monitoring officer, to measure and verify the authenticity of the claims.

Chief Joseph offered Mr. Yusif a bribe of the applied subsidy in liew of 1 million liters, which Yusif reject instantly, requesting that of 3million liters so that, it can comfortably go round to his bosses.

Apparently they ended up agreeing on 2.5m liters each. The deal is strucked, Mal. Yusif and his Bosses ended up with N75,000,000 while Joseph, the importer gain N400,000,000 on the deal They jointly cheated the government the sum of N175,000,000.

Finally Chief Joseph divert 75% of the product to the black market and sell at N120 per liter to the masses. Later the government will also pay the cost of transporting 15 million liters to the allocated filling stations across the country.

Thats exactly the case of petroleum subsidy in Nigeria. So isn't it better for the government to invest those savings of hundreds of Billions of Naira wasted every year on subsidy, on life touching projects?.

e
you don't get it ,do you?
if you must interpret the situation,please interpret it ryt

Dino didn't say the reason isn't right ,he said the time isn't right
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Rafaell(m): 5:47am On May 13, 2016
Zombie them.. how market oooo

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by miqos02(m): 5:51am On May 13, 2016
ok
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by sammhi(m): 5:55am On May 13, 2016
now, Efcc will remba that Dino is a thief! what a Govt!
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Eluwilussit(m): 5:57am On May 13, 2016
doublewisdom:
Yeye dey smell! A young illiterate Buhari almost ruined Nigeria before IBB chased him out and Nigerians were expecting miracles from an old and senile Buhari who was dwelling among cows?

Doublewisdom too small self. You should try infinite wisdom. You too wise. grin

That was my argument during elections. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Nobody: 6:20am On May 13, 2016
cheap popularity seeking f00l.he should commit haka Kiri
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by focus7: 6:21am On May 13, 2016
He should go and support his Saraki nobody needs his protest.
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by murmee: 6:31am On May 13, 2016
missuniverse:
you don't get it ,do you?
if you must interpret the situation,please interpret it ryt

Dino didn't say the reason isn't right ,he said the time isn't right
My friend, what time is right? This subsidy removal should have happened years back but corruption did not allow it to happen. What is making our refineries not to work? Is it not corruption?
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Bgorgeous: 7:52am On May 13, 2016
Nobody should follow this man o
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Kenobus: 8:04am On May 13, 2016
doublewisdom:
Yeye dey smell! A young illiterate Buhari almost ruined Nigeria before IBB chased him out and Nigerians were expecting miracles from an old and senile Buhari who was dwelling among cows?
This is correct. I wondered how Nigerians were deceived.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Ura: 8:22am On May 13, 2016
U want to mobilize Nigerians the way Saraki mobilized you? Not all Nigerians are as gullible as you are. Go siddon jare.
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Ajixegun: 9:15am On May 13, 2016
D subsidy is more enjoyed by the rich. How much fuel do poor masses buy. Don't be surprised this man may be among those exporting subsidized fuel out of d country.
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by Charly68: 9:36am On May 13, 2016
Dino is an hypocrite. People should advise him to face reality
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by emmasege: 9:38am On May 13, 2016
doublewisdom:
END OF DISCUSSION. ODODO ORO (True talk).

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by myhotbrain: 10:06am On May 13, 2016
LBanks:
I have been hearing Dino Melaye is a thief, please has anyone been able to ascertain what he stole or funds he diverted? Fuel subsidy removal can only work when we have enough refineries working at full capacity and more than enough supply of refined fuel, in that way the supply will far outweigh the demand and prices will fall. Not in a country that is still largely dependent on imported fuel. Jonathan made the same mistake and reversed his decision, now retardeen Buhari is doing the same thing and some slowpokes are here defending him. Meanwhile if you say Dino Melaye stole, which funds did he embezzle? Be specific and factual about your allegations

THE TRUTH ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1) THE RECENTLY APPROVED BUDGET DOES NOT INCLUDE FUNDS FOR FUEL SUBSIDY AND THE NASS MEMBERS INCLUDING DINO MELAYE KNOWS OF THIS FACT.

2) THERE IS NOT ENOUGH DOLLARS TO PAY FOR SUBSIDY EVEN IF THE GOVERNMENT WANTED TO CONTINUE DOING SO.

3) PETROL IS ALREADY SELLING AT BETWEEN #120-#150 IN MOST NIGERIAN CITIES AND ONLY SELLS AT #86 IN SOME MAJOR PETROL DEALERERSHIP IN LAGOS AND ABUJA.

4) PRICES OF FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARE ALREADY ADJUSTED (ON THE HIGHER SIDE, UNFORTUNATELY) SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PETROL CRISES. AND THIS IS LIKELY TO REMAIN HIGH REGARDLESS.

5) THIS IS THE MOST AUSPICIOUS TIME TO REMOVE THE SUBSIDY OF PETROL AND EVEN KEROSENE.

6) MANY BUSINESS PEOPLE ARE READY TO IMPORT PETROL SO THAT THERE WOULD BE ENOUGH TO GO AROUND HENCE LEADING TO PRICE REDUCTION (JUST LOOK AT THE AVAILABILITY OF DIESEL AND PRICE FLUCTUATION FROM DEPOT TO DEPOT AROUND THE COUNTRY). IT IS ABSURD TO EXPECT ANY COMMODITY TO SELL ACROSS THE COUNTRY AT A UNIFORM PRICE EXCEPT BY STRICT PRICE CONTROL. QUESTION: DOES IT COST THE SAME AMOUNT TO TRANSPORT PETROL FROM LAGOS TO IBADAN AS IT WOULD FROM LAGOS TO BENIN? ANSWER: NO.

7) MANY INVESTORS ARE WILLING TO BUILD REFINERY ONCE GOVERNMENT IS BOLD ENOUGH TO REMOVE SUBSIDY.

cool CRUDE OIL PRICE IS RISING AGAIN AND GOVERNMENT CANNOT AFFORD TO WAIT TILL IT REACHES $100 PER BARREL BEFORE IT START SUBSIDY REMOVAL WAHALA AGAIN.

9) STOP COMPARING APPLES AND ORANGES ON THE SAME SCALE AGAIN:

IN 2012, NIGERIA CAN STILL AFFORD TO PAY FOR SUBSIDY BECAUSE CRUDE OIL WAS SELLING FOR AROUND $100 PER BARREL AND NIGERIA WAS MAKING ENOUGH DOLLARS SO WE CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR IT. FOR YOUR INFORMATION: IF FORMER PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN DID NOT YIELD AND PARTIALLY INCREASE THE FUEL PRICE, PETROL AND KEROSENE WOULD BEEN SELLING FOR AROUND #300 NAIRA PER LITRE BECAUSE WHEN THE PRICE OF CRUDE OIL PER BARREL IS HIGH, THE PRICE OF PETROL AND KEROSENE ARE ALSO GOING TO BE HIGH.

IN 2016 HOWEVER, PRICE OF CRUDE OIL IS BELOW $50 PER BARREL AND NIGERIA CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY FOR SUBSIDY ANYMORE BECAUSE WE ARE CURRENTLY MAKING LESS THAN HALF OF REVENUE WE WERE MAKING DURING PRESIDENT JONATHAN ERA.

10) THE INTRICACY AND DECEIT AND THE POLITICS OF SUBSIDY REGIME INVOLVING MARKETERS, NUPENG, TLC, NLC, PPRC, CUSTOMS, NPA, NIMASA AND IMPORTERS OF PETROL/KEROSENE; NNPC SWAP DEALS BETWEEN NNPC (ITSELF AS AN ENTITY) & EXPORTERS OF CRUDE OIL & IMPORTERS OF PETROL/KEROSENE; THESE CUMBERSOME ARRANGEMENT NECESSITATE THE HARD DECISION TO REMOVE SUBSIDY ONCE AND FOR ALL.

11) EVEN THE SINATORS HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR SUBSIDY REMOVAL SINCE LAST YEAR, AT LEAST.

12) WE CANT WAIT TILL NEW REFINERIES WILL BE BUILT, BECAUSE THOSE WHO ARE BENEFITING FROM SUBSIDY REGIME WOULD CONTINUE TO FRUSTRATE THE EFFORTS OF BUILDING NEW ONES. BUT ONCE GOVERNMENT REMOVES SUBSIDY, THEY WILL BE FORCED TO PLAY ALONG.

MY ADVICE:

NIGERIAN YOUTHS, PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELVES, NIGERIA IS OUR ONLY COUNTRY AND WE ALL OF A STAKE IN IT. OUR COUNTRY NEEDS A LOT OF MONEY TO BUILD MODERN INFRASTRUCTURE AND OUR CURRENT MEAGRE BUDGET OF $25B OR 6 TRILLION NAIRA ( WE SHOULD TALKING OF A BUDGET OF BETWEEN $100B-$200B IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS) CANNOT ACHIEVE THESE FEAT. WE NEED TO RAISE FUNDS FROM ALL AREAS INCLUDING HIGHER TAXATION, CUTTING OF WASTE IN GOVERNMENT SPENDING, SOURCING FOR FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT, CUSTOM DUES/LEVIES ETC ETC. AND ALSO ENFORCING OUR LAWS, HOLDING OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR DEEDS. AND MAY BE EVEN SENDING LOOTERS TO MINIMUM 25 YEARS JAIL TERM AND MAXIMUM DEATH PENALTY AS IS DONE IN CHINA.

FYI: I AM NOT A MEMBER OF ANY POLITICAL PARTY, I WAS HAPPY TO SUPPORT GEJ, BUT HE LET ME DOWN BY NOT FIGHTING CORRUPTION AND ALLOWING IMPUNITY TO REIGN TO ITS MAXIM DURING HIS REIGN.

I AM BOLD AND HAPPY TO SAY THAT I SUPPORTED PMB AS I DID IN DECEMBER 1983 AND NOW IN 2015/16. IF NOT FOR IBB WHO TRUNCATED HIS REGN, NIGERIA WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR IT. I REMEMBERED HIS "WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE" WAI FOR SHORT AND HOW EVERY NIGERIANS CONFORM TO CIVIL PROCEDURES AND OBEY RULES AND REGULATIONS. PMB, IT WAS, WHO AS MINISTER OF PETROLEUM UNER OBJ WHO BUILT 3 REFINERIES IN 3 YEARS...AM SURE HE WILL DO IT AGAIN.

PEACE.

#ISTANDWITHBUHARI
#ILOVENAIJA
#THEREISPROGRESSINUNITY
#EDUCATEOURYOUTHS
#YOUTHSEDUCATEYOURSELVES
#YOUTHSEEKKNOWLEDGE
#KNOWLEDGEWILLSETYOUFREE
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by alfsalami: 10:11am On May 13, 2016
Diino MeLaye of all people ? We the poor don really suffer. !
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by alfsalami: 10:12am On May 13, 2016
Diino MeLaye of all people ? We the poor don really suffer. ! Dino is taking us for a ride
Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by nov19(m): 10:15am On May 13, 2016
THE SAME SCRIPT IS PLAYING OUT ITSELF AGAIN....

WHEN THEIR ORIGINAL INTENTION IS TO INCREASE FUEL PRICE TO N120 PER LITRE...

BUT OFCUS IN ANTICIPATION OF NATIONWIDE LABOUR UNION STRIKE WHICH THEY WILL DELIBERATELY ALLOW TO GO ON FOR A WEEK WITH TOTAL ECONOMY. SHOUTDOWN.. THEY HAVE TO QUOTE AN INITIAL FIGURE OF N145 PER LITRE...

BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS INTO THE STRIKE ...THE AVERAGE NIGERIANS IS BEGINING TO RUN ON OF CASH AND BECOMING WARY ... WITH HARDSHIP SETTING IN... LABOUR WILL BE FORCED TO COME TO THE NEGOTIATION TABLE...

AND BOTH GOVERNMENT AND LABOUR REP WILL BE ASK TO REACH A COMPROMISE... THE OBVIOUS DECISION WHICH WILL BE FOR LABOUR T0 MEET THE GOVERNMENT HALFWAY... HENCE THE N120 PER LITRE....

NIGERIANS... DO U SEE .... WHAT I SEE...?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price by najib632(m): 10:20am On May 13, 2016
doublewisdom:
And did IBB affect us positively

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Scene Of The Fire Incident At Onitsha Market (Pictures) / Introduction Of Oduduwa Anthem In Ondo: Northern Elders Kick / Joint Task Force Of Nigerian Army And Navy Destroy Unknown Gunmen Camp In Agulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.