Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,759 members, 7,831,445 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (683204 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Chiznonso:

Gre is needed and u need to score above 160 in quantitative, they focus on quantitative, communications engr

That is cool. Your tuition fees were waived abi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
onyembu2013:

That is cool. Your tuition fees were waived abi?

School fees is free in Germany

Germany’s 16 states abolish tuition fees for undergraduate students at all public German universities. This means that now, both domestic and international undergraduate students at public universities in Germany are able to study in Germany for free, with just a small fee to cover administration and other costs per semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Arrihinius(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hello house,please i need help on schools that i can apply to for my Masters degree in Biochemistry,that do not require test of English proficiency
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Arrihinius:
Hello house,please i need help on schools that i can apply to for my Masters degree in Biochemistry,that do not require test of English proficiency

Take the test , it would widen your scope of school choices. Also TOEFL is the easiest exam to pass
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AgreatMan: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
borie4u:
Hi guys make Una help me. For more than three weeks now I have been researching on decent school for my PhD degree in geophysics. I mean a school with full funding and graduate/teaching assistance. I would love university or technical university down south like Texas , Arizona, Louisiana , new mexico or California. I have university of new Orleans and new mexico tech on mind but I don't know if they offer scholarship for international students. My profile is bsc geophysics 3.3/5, MSC 4.04/5, GRE 301(qs 154, va 147).

Try miami u, Oxford. Their geology MS admission comes with factory fitted GA, at least going by what is on their website. department offers. In fact, they coukd waive your application fee. Just package it well about how dollar have scathered under bubu n that you couldn't even pay with any naija bank card. Naija is not on the list of countries they waive but they will waive it if you are convincing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mayflowa(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
DareFadi:

To give you specify example …… Before you study for SAT you can aim for the scholarship you want and study hard to achieve it . For Howard University breaks it down for you , what you can get based on your scores . This applies to all applicants International or Home students .

Freshman Scholarship Program
PRESIDENTIAL :Criteria SAT=1500 – 1600 , GPA ≥ 3.75
Award: Tuition, Fees, Room, Board, $950 Book Voucher, & Laptop

FOUNDERS; Criteria: SAT=1400 - 1490 GPA ≥ 3.50
Award: Tuition, Fees, Room, Board & $500 Book Voucher

CAPSTONE Criteria:SAT (1200 – 1390) GPA (≥ 3.30). Award:
Tuition, Fees, Room

LEGACY
Criteria:SAT= 1170 - 1290 GPA ≥ 3.0
Award:
Tuition & Fees

*The SAT criteria used for scholarship eligibility is the combined score of the SAT Critical Reading and SAT Mathematics sections only, for a maximum score of 1600. The SAT Writing component is not calculated.

Lincoln university is another one and that is easier to enter than Howard

Hmmmmm.
Can I hug you please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
Rijo02:

Slimmy.......Nice advise but no to the bolded. Haba!!!!
before one share such stuff, they must have taught about it and have that little second mind if they can do it or not. It's like telling me to do drugs. I don't even need to ask anyone if I should or not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Arrihinius:

Why not take the test and save yourself from future setback?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mayflowa(m): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
tomisinobm:

Try Howard university, Cameron university, Morgan state university, Lincoln university Pennsylvania, Coppin state university, university of pine bluff at Arkansas, lee university.I received from some of those schools, while people I know also got funding.

Thank you. You are the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Chiznonso:

But seriously, the USA universities are weird, I wrote gre scored 310 but anytime I wanted to apply to USa schools, the tuition fee is rattling as imagine a school like cool public flagship Ohio state University charging $16,000 a semester excluding stuff like student fees insurance and accommodation and most the nice flagships , getting GA is crazy, even if they discount 6,000 dollars ok and u wld have to pay it for 4 semesters. I jst switched to Germany straight and applied to their top schools, u guys are bold to apply to those schools

Getting into a school isn't the main wahala. The main koko is after graduation. I would love if one of the USA grad starts a topic on Life after graduation. In this life you need money oh, good money my brother. You need six figures to stay afloat if you've got responsibilities.

The question I have for you is, what is your plan after graduation? Germany dey give paper? Is it easy for a non-German to get a job after graduation? Reality dawns on most students after graduation oh. I am so sorry if my comment is offensive to you, I don't know your background or profile, I am only keeping it real.

I have a friend that graduated with the same Communication Engineering degree from Germany, the guy disturb my life on LinkedIn to show am road to take enter Canada. He came here and did a second Masters, now he is working.

Well, God bless your hustle. Everyone gat their own destiny.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
mevisbleek:

Getting into a school isn't the main wahala. The main koko is after graduation. I would love if one of the USA grad starts a topic on Life after graduation. In this life you need money oh, good money my brother. You need six figures to stay afloat if you've got responsibilities.

The question I have for you is, what is your plan after graduation? Germany dey give paper? Is it easy for a non-German to get a job after graduation? Reality dawns on most students after graduation oh. I am so sorry if my comment is offensive to you, I don't know your background or profile, I am only keeping it real.

Well, God bless your hustle. Everyone gat their own destiny.

I totally agree with you and this reason is why i beg even my WORST ENEMY to stay very far away from UK. .....

student visa is just a tiny ladder, what is most important is life after student visa, before you blink the 2 years is over . The hustle is real so research well to help you make good decisions

I think Germany is not bad because you have 18 months post study permit however the German are very good with engineering and technology as in no try the German machine so if u must school there make sure u r very good blc the job market would be highly competitive. Also if you must school there from beginning take lessons and learn the local language and try to be fluent by graduation time

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Just back from Sabo a $ to naira is 367... Left dia and went to Uba as I was busy cursing Buhari, one woman is blessing him. Do you know why? She has domicilary account, her husband who based in Yankee send money through that account and she was paid in $$$ and sell at d rate of 363. She just keep smiling smiling smiling smiling ..she collected $3,500.

Guys abroad this is a cool business for you here in Nigeria .. Wise up.. Find someone u trust here to open domicilary account.. Send money dia and he/ she will control abok.i to come and transact inside bank.. Very cool business..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
I have been searching online for the most affordable city in USA for high tech but am not getting satisfactory answer. You guys, especially those over to help me out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
don4ye:
Just back from Sabo a $ to naira is 367... Left dia and went to Uba as I was busy cursing Buhari, one woman is blessing him. Do you know why? She has domicilary account, her husband who based in Yankee send money through that account and she was paid in $$$ and sell at d rate of 363. She just keep smiling smiling smiling smiling ..she collected $3,500.

Guys abroad this is a cool business for you here in Nigeria .. Wise up.. Find someone u trust here to open domicilary account.. Send money dia and he/ she will control abok.i to come and transact inside bank.. Very cool business..
haha. wel shebi u get money. i dey police station now i suppose sleep here for 4 days sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
dickoflife:
haha. wel shebi u get money. i dey police station now i suppose sleep here for 4 days sha.
Watin u do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dem catch am cos of spirit of man do man. Na 12years straight.
don4ye:

Watin u do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jchi9876: 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
dickoflife:

these are the supposed characters that desire to live the "american dream" San Quentin has very good educational program for . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Please guys,I got so many mails and I only offered 4,500dollars only. Am only giving out to 2people on here who mailed me first on Saturday. The first guy offered me 300naira for 2500 and the other person got it for 290naira for 2000dollars. The rest who mailed me,accept my apologies I can't share myself in bits. But I will do something bigger early next month that's when I book my British airways flight. Thank you y'all for understanding.

OMG! I would have offered 320naira only If I was available when this was posted. embarassed cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
I'm back with this family. Long time great people. I greet everyone... No place like home

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
don4ye:

Yea. Very cool business. I made some fortunes from the Asians. I changed like $1,500 under N200 per dollar for them lol.

Was disappointed in Chinese Yuan. So i'm keeping it for them. Hehehe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
DareFadi:

Scratch that , Best to abide with the laws regarding your visa ...10 dollars here and there should not become a major problem for you later on .

[s]With 20hours a week you should be able to get up to 800 a month [/s]and over and during holidays at 40hours which would take care of housing and feeding . .....So if you get a job you will be more than OK , the only thing is you might not see on campus job or you might not see initially in the first semester (it really depends on the school opportunity ). Nobody can predict that so PLAN For a backup also just incase the oncampus job doesnt come in time

In summary if you have tuition free then yeah it a risk worth taking . It might be rough initially but it will be fine . Just be very prudent with what you have from day 1 . ..... It when you have no tuition off or half tuition then it becomes very difficult

Best of luck in what ever you decide .

From experience, the 'strike through' is a DREAM!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
@Warriguy, wazz up? How far have u gone with ur internship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
DeeTus:
Yea. Very cool business. I made some fortunes from the Asians. I changed like $1,500 under N200 per dollar for them lol.

Was disappointed in Chinese Yuan. So i'm keeping it for them. Hehehe.

Wow nice one boss.. Make guys wise up ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
meritdee:
I'm back with this family. Long time great people. I greet everyone... No place like home

Welcome back bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
don4ye:

Wow nice one boss.. Make guys wise up ..
Yep.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
texrem:

Welcome back bro...

Thanks fam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
djmakson:

From experience, the 'strike through' is a DREAM!

From experience, the 'strike through' is possible!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Jchi9876:

these are the supposed characters that desire to live the "american dream" San Quentin has very good educational program for . . .

lols... ogbeni na play na. dem no dey follow u play? i dey were i dey down origin. dis exchange rate no bother me. what will be will be. last last we go trek go change the dollar for cameroon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
don4ye:
Watin u do?
i slap dpo for front of station.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
DareFadi:

I hope you are targeting other schools too . For undergrad there are loads of free tuition opportunities out there if your High school GPA is high and you have very high test scores . I know a couple , also check online , [b]my sister is currently attending with tuition free and housin[/b]g ...... Graduate opportunities are much less but undergrad has much more

Berea has a year size of 300 , that means it would be extremely competitive so dont put all your eggs in that basket .

Nice info..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
meritdee:

From experience, the 'strike through' is possible!

Okay Bro. I would like you to educate me.

My calculation tells me that as an international student limited to a maximum of 20 hours per week strictly on campus or campus affiliated outfits, (exclusive of other underground earnings), you gotta earn at least $25 an hour ($1000) and when it gets taxed. It dropped to an estimated $800. Which school pays $25 per hour to students? Your school?

Now getting complete 20 hours is another ball game because you have a lot of students, both citizens and aliens who are willing to work which means shift hours will be allocated to accommodate as much student workers.

Except I am missing something, I feel that claim is exaggerated! Educate me bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
OluDare01:

Dey no fit

Lol.. You sure because nah another moniker you dey use now.. gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.