Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680730 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2016
hustla:

He took the courses that followed each other with similar names and added just one with a different name, easy to remember that sounds professional like he knows what he's going to do cheesy

I noticed that too.. gringrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2016
sofadj:

Me: (Cuts in sharply) Does that mean I wont get this funds transferred at official rate of 199NGN
Bank : Yes it means the rate is subject to forces of demand and supply
Me: (Sounding dissapointed) In that case there may not be need for this again
Bank: Relax I will check the current rate for you
She then typed some things on her system and said : the current rate is 199NGN
Bank: You will get the debit alert once it's complete, but I have already generated the code for you at 199NGN.

Sir, CBN has suspended all $$ transactions till Monday when the new rate would be out.
So as far as I'm concerned, there's no official rate. CBN approves all form A and it takes sometime so don't be surprised if they don't charge you @ 199
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2016
calfavour:

Congratulations to those that got Approvals this week :kimoraW, Bussy123, ratchy, texrem, Dutan and co.

Success to those waiting...you will not be put to shame, just hold on to God, you will get your long awaited miracle.

Thank God dollar is going down.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 11:26am On Jun 18, 2016
charliejose:
hello sire...firstly i would like to congratulate you on ur successful VISA interview...i'll be writing my GRE exams soon and Emory university is my schl of choice..i will like to apply for a phD degree in pharmacology..i hope you don't mind sharing your GRE scores ...and also explain the mode of application,letters of recommendation etc....thanks

Thanks. For the GRE I scored 311 (verbal 159 quant 152) and 4.0 in analytical writing. I may not be able to help you much on the mode of application because I applied for Public health which is done thru SOPHAS (a centralized application service for all accredited schools of public health). Your dept will have their admission requirements on the school website so I think you should check it out. Emory is a wonderful school for health related courses so good choice. Good luck on the process.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sofadj(m): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
OluDare01:

Sir, CBN has suspended all $$ transactions till Monday when the new rate would be out.
So as far as I'm concerned, there's no official rate. CBN approves all form A and it takes sometime so don't be surprised if they don't charge you @ 199

I'l be patiently waiting...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hello, I dint include my middle name when scheduling my appointment please will it pose a problem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tods:
Hello, I dint include my middle name when scheduling my appointment please will it pose a problem?

No.. Ds 160 is d koko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
don4ye:

Baba your head is valid .. You, lion lee, bukunmi, jenifer, and others visa Approved is your slogan

Amen oooooooo....... Thanks Bro it is done IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bussy123:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt][s]
Hi Everyone,
I promised to share my transcript here earlier today.
I got to the embassy 5.30am for 6.30am appointment on Wednesday. Cleared at the security, got in to the building at about 6am. VO showed up 6.20 am and the show started.
I was interviewed at Window 5 and I had 3 guys in front of me. The first two guys were denied and the 3rd guy visa was approved. He is very young man; he was accompanied by his mum
Now my turn;
Vo: Pass me your passport
Me: gave him my passport with 1-20, service fee receipt in the middle
VO: What are you going to do in the United States
Me: I want to pursue my PhD degree in Chemistry specializing in Organic Medicinal Chemistry
at UTD
VO: Tell me about the University
Me: UTD is a is a public research university that offers great research opportunities in the field of
Organic medicinal chemistry, especially in drug designing and development. ............. (added other information about the univ data)
VO: What course will you be taking?
Me: At my first year, I will take CHEM 5308: determination of molecular structure to physical
methods, CHEM 5309: Organic Chemistry I, CHEM 5310: Organic Chemistry II, CHEM 5312:
Advance Organic Synthesis, Separation technique
VO: Your Visa is approved, pick up your visa in the next 2 days and gave me info about Form I-20
Me: I smile and said thank you, he smiled back.
I was only asked 3 questions; the whole interview was about 1.30 mins (less than 2 mins) and no document was asked apart from my passport, though I gave him form 1-20 and servic confirmation with my passport

Advice:
Be yourself, be natural and be truthful especially at your interview and when filling your visa application form
Speak up and clearly
Don’t over stress yourself but be prepare for any question, a question may lead to others

Congratulations Bro.......... Sky is ur limit IJN and enjoy ur stay in Obamaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jaypoundsgmail(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hello house, congrats to all those that got their f1 - visa approved this week....
By God's grace I will also share my positive experience.
Please I will like to know the chances of getting my visa approved as a self sponsored student.?
Thanks for the anticipated responses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Tods(f): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
don4ye:

No.. Ds 160 is d koko
Thanks. But did u experience the same. I just want to be double sure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
sofadj:

I was at UBA yesterday to do the transfer of funds from my account to school's account via Flywire
So I filled the Form A yesterday and added my documents

Me: Have you made any transfer to Flywire before
Bank: Yes, I have done a couple of them.
Me:How long will it take for my transfer to get approved and get sent
Bank: She smiled as if to say that's a Jamb question
Me: I know it depends on several factors but what is the average duration
Bank : I can't say exactly but it wouldn't take time anymore as the long scrutiny wouldnt be needed anymore. The CBN has removed the restriction of Dollar transfer. Hence no more official rate
Me: (Cuts in sharply) Does that mean I wont get this funds transferred at official rate of 199NGN
Bank : Yes it means the rate is subject to forces of demand and supply
Me: (Sounding dissapointed) In that case there may not be need for this again
Bank: Relax I will check the current rate for you
She then typed some things on her system and said : the current rate is 199NGN
Me: Is there any form of rationing done based on the demand for dollars
Bank: In the past ..Yes. But now... No as the restrcitions has been removed. If you have your money you get the amount of dollars you requested for.
She then scanned my documents and sent to Head Office.
Bank: You will get the debit alert once it's complete, but I have already generated the code for you at 199NGN.

I contacted the school made them know I had ordered some amount actually much more than my tuition to be transferred into my Student Account via Flywire to be used for Tuition,Living Expenses, Books and Insurance. I then asked how the credit balance will be refunded.
Here is their response:

cc: Purplesummer, DareFadi, Mekurrex, Holudarey, Oludare01, Fizzile

wow! Lucky u. Was charged 197.5 when I applied two weeks ago. Actually didn't get full allocation. Got virtually half. That means next payment will b based on the new exchange rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jaypoundsgmail(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hello house, congrats to all those that got their f1 - visa approved this week....
Please I will like to know the chances of getting my visa approved as a self sponsored student.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Jaypoundsgmail:
High. What's your occupation like Brits always ask? grin

How do u do? @Yomi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jaypoundsgmail(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm an engineer, and I have proof of the funds for the first one year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kapitain(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
DutanTheThird:

Today, I learnt a lot in just a short experience;
1) TRUST GOD TOTALLY
2) BE YOURSELF
3) KNOW WHY YOU REALLY WANT TO GO ABROAD (whether about the school, course or whatever is taking you there)
4) DONT OVER-THINK IT, LET IT COME NATURALLY AND SPEAK LOUD AND CLEAR.
5) BE AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE YET ELEGANT
6) LASTLY, BE TRUTHFUL ( because somehow the VOs know)
7) DONT LOOK DOWN ON ANYONE
Congrats Duran and thanks for this piece. Very inspiring.

NL is indeed a blessing to many. Visa approvals flowing like milk and honey.
God's grace to all those that have gotten their visas and to those (me invluded) still expecting.

Cc: onyembu2013, cutemorgan, femi321

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
Jaypoundsgmail:
I'm an engineer, and I have proof of the funds for the first one year.
Ok, good to go, good to go. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Can anyone see what am seeing ? 1$=#330. Walahi my dream must come true. 1$ must equal #100

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Trapping(m): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
calfavour:

Yes they will write to your school to confirm the result. Bottom line, make sure to have a friend in your school (result and record department) to be pushing for you. Or you can disturb them by following up. I'm sure you should know what is obtainable in your school.

Just curious. I had 3.28 in electronics engineering in my undergrad, after de evaluation do you know the range the grade will fall into. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by xlyte: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
KimoraW:

Thanks. Amen. Your own is settled IJN.

Amen. In Jesus Name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dprinz99(m): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
OluDare01:

I did mine like Two weeks ago but hasn't still been debited. my transaction was done using 199/$
wants my fate owing to this their rubbish flexible forex policy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tods:

No it won't but you can contact them
Via the appointment website by clicking provide feedback to help you include it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
dprinz99:

I did mine like Two weeks ago but hasn't still been debited. my transaction was done using 199/$
wants my fate owing to this their rubbish flexible forex policy.

CBN would determine that.
Go to your bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pasadena009: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
DareFadi:

I am impressived that almost 9 years later you still remember this word for word.

You really are like Einstein grin grin

Lol...I said I'll do my best to parapahrase but pretty close to verbatim though. NOBODY CAN FORGET THEIR US INTERVIEW!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pasadena009: 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Chiznonso:

How did U get Caltech? Did U score 200% In SAT
I got 2330/2400...using old SAT scoring system. Obviously my SAT score got me admissions with full scholarships to all three best engineering schools in US...CALTECH, MIT and Georgia Tech. Best decision I ever made was to go to CALTECH; my parents were leaning more to MIT for the name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dprinz99(m): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pasadena009:

I got 2330/2400...using old SAT scoring system. Obviously my SAT score got me admissions with full scholarships to all three best engineering schools in US...CALTECH, MIT and Georgia Tech. Best decision I ever made was to go to CALTECH; my parents were leaning more to MIT for the name.

bro
do these schools still offer this full scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pasadena009: 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
dprinz99:

bro
do these schools still offer this full scholarship?

Yes I think so. Check with their Admissions offices. 90% of my classmates then at CALTECH were on full scholarships. They have the money $ billion endowed to them by NASA, US defense, engineering companies, drug companies, e.t.c, to admit and train the best minds around the world.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hustla(m): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Walspring:

Yes but understand that what worked Mr A might not work for Mr B

Is better you write the test so that it can be an added advantage for you, also help you to get scholarship in future and stopped you from the stress and wasting your money from doing English programme first when you get to US before starting your main course of study.

In the case of MSc of PgD, would toefl be enough?
Gre?kindly specify which

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
hustla:

In the case of MSc of PgD, would toefl be enough?
Gre?kindly specify which

Thanks

It depend on the school you want to apply to, just check the school website for their requirements.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hustla(m): 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Walspring:

It depend on the school you want to apply to, just check the school website for their requirements.

Okay bro
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pasadena009:

Yes I think so. Check with their Admissions offices. 90% of my classmates then at CALTECH were on full scholarships. They have the money $ billion endowed to them by NASA, US defense, engineering companies, drug companies, e.t.c, to admit and train the best minds around the world.
Genius grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
hustla:

Okay bro
Thanks

Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.