Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,925 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680259 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pelaiye2703(m): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
aadeyi:

Question for you bro.
Did u evaluate your transcript?
If not, evaluate your transcript, make enquiry to any school of your choice by sending them your transcript and ask them what courses u will need to take for pre-masters.

Or better still, after evaluating your transcript, send it to your school of choice and apply for undergraduate as transfer student after which you can apply for msc. Talking from experience, u have a better chance of getting your visa.

If you go through that line, u stand a better chance of getting employment than someone who came in only for MSc.
Oh! That's encouraging bro...#thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
meekandholy:

Thank God bro, I am so happy for you bro... that means I was not wrong at all that nothing specifically was wrong with your account statement i think it was just the laughing out loud..... parol.....

Thanks o. It was just God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DutanTheThird: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
Whaaaaats up pple,
I wouldn't be doing myself any justice if I don't post my visa interview story! God went in with me and it was a nice and short experience. All glory to God! Then many thanks to as many who posted their various visa experiences here (both good n bad) and then to Walspring, who was always readily available to answer all my silly questions,God bless u big!
I'm a new member n only asked a question here just once and I've never applied for a visa except for SA, but my experience shows that there is a God that answers prayers!
I woke as early as 4am and couldn't sleep any more! Drove into the embassy parking lot around 8:30am and joined the 1st queue and by the 'moving-from-one-seat-to-another' queue, my heart was on fire. Thank God I saw an elderly couple I knew, so I chatted with them and that calmed my nerves then we were called in to join the 'main' queue and so I tried not to listen to other pple's interviews so I was turning around and studying the art work on the wall. Then I turned back abruptly when I heard a 'masters' student answer badly ( as d answer stupid reach, I no fit even remember the question sef), the VO's facial expression was like 'daaaaaaaamn undecided!
My pple, this is how my interview went down;
VO: hello miss Bleep
Me: good morning
VO: can I have your passport and I-20?
Me: passed it to her
(She naaaaa typed for ages and I was getting fidgety)
Then she finally asked,
VO: so you're going to the university of San Francisco?
Me: (didn't hear her well, so I said) sorry?
VO: she repeated herself
Me: yes
VO: what will this course do for you?
Me: it will give me the personal and professional development I need for my career when I return back to the country
Then she looked at me (as I innocent reach)
She put my passport aside and passed me a white form and said many things that my ears didn't let me hear again. My heart was smiling but my face couldn't carry it.
So I said 'ok' but can't recall if I said thank you.
I spoke to a security guard and practically flew away and I kept saying 'God You are good'.

Today, I learnt a lot in just a short experience;
1) TRUST GOD TOTALLY
2) BE YOURSELF
3) KNOW WHY YOU REALLY WANT TO GO ABROAD (whether about the school, course or whatever is taking you there)
4) DONT OVER-THINK IT, LET IT COME NATURALLY AND SPEAK LOUD AND CLEAR.
5) BE AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE YET ELEGANT
6) LASTLY, BE TRUTHFUL ( because somehow the VOs know)
7) DONT LOOK DOWN ON ANYONE (because today like 2 sets of pple that I saw making side comments about others were not granted visa). Well I'm not saying it's a good thing but remember 'karma is a BITCH wink'. Be careful
So peeps I hope I didn't bore you with my story but rather inspired you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
dicapino:
Congrats Dr. KimoraW and oluphy.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
don4ye:

Oya let pop champagne ... Congrats

Thanks. God answered your prayer for us this week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
Bussy123:
Hi Everyone,

My Visa was approved Wednesday morning and the whole interview was less than 2 mins. I was asked only 3 question. No document was asked.
I will post the transcript here later in the weekend, also the lesson learned from the start to the end. Hopefully someone would learn from it.

Thanks.

Thanks to gunther6, sirriddy for answering my questions and thanks to those that refused to answer.

Cheers

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by femoalaofin: 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
oluphy:
nope OAU
oh awesome... were u funded
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
DutanTheThird:
Whaaaaats up pple,
I wouldn't be doing myself any justice if I don't post my visa interview story! God went in with me and it was a nice and short experience. All glory to God! Then many thanks to as many who posted their various visa experiences here (both good n bad) and then to Walspring, who was always readily available to answer all my silly questions,God bless u big!
I'm a new member n only asked a question here just once and I've never applied for a visa except for SA, but my experience shows that there is a God that answers prayers!
I woke as early as 4am and couldn't sleep any more! Drove into the embassy parking lot around 8:30am and joined the 1st queue and by the 'moving-from-one-seat-to-another' queue, my heart was on fire. Thank God I saw an elderly couple I knew, so I chatted with them and that calmed my nerves then we were called in to join the 'main' queue and so I tried not to listen to other pple's interviews so I was turning around and studying the art work on the wall. Then I turned back abruptly when I heard a 'masters' student answer badly ( as d answer stupid reach, I no fit even remember the question sef), the VO's facial expression was like 'daaaaaaaamn undecided!
Then she finally asked,
Me: it will give me the personal and professional development I need for my career when I return back to the country
She put my passport aside and passed me a white form and said many things that my ears didn't let me hear again. My heart was smiling but my face couldn't carry it.
I spoke to a security guard and practically flew away and I kept saying 'God You are good'.

1) TRUST GOD TOTALLY
2) BE YOURSELF
3) KNOW WHY YOU REALLY WANT TO GO ABROAD (whether about the school, course or whatever is taking you there)
7) DONT LOOK DOWN ON ANYONE (because today like 2 sets of pple that I saw making side comments about others were not granted visa). Well I'm not saying it's a good thing but remember 'karma is a BITCH wink'. Be careful

Congrats.. God bless June June June June.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lonelyhrt(f): 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
I have a cousin in USA who I talked to about coming over there
A radiolologist intern in California,
Please which route of visa processing can he help me with he said i should make inquiries on that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
KimoraW:

Thanks. God answered your prayer for us this week.

Let give thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
Pelaiye2703:
Urban and Regional Planning, City and Regional Planning or any environmental course aside Architecture...
send me a pm of your profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
KimoraW:
Here's my APPROVAL transcript grin
I was getting so nervous when I went in. Had to keep stirring up my faith and reminding God of His words to me. Finally called to window 7.

Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning. Can I have your passport and I-20 (handed them over). I can see you are going to Emory university. What will you be studying?
Me: I will be doing a Masters in Public health with a major in International health.
VO: That's a very good school for that course.
Me: Yes it is
VO: I see you're already a doctor.
Me: I am
VO: Did you take the GRE?
Me: Yes I did
VO: Can I see your scores? (handed it to him) Wow. You have impressive scores, congratulations.
Me: Thank you sir
VO: And I can see you applied to some top schools here
Me: Yes. I want a very good education
VO: (laughs) So what made you choose Emory?
Me: During the course of my research, I discovered that Emory has the best global health department in the country. The SPH is involved in a lot of projects that are making waves worldwide. The research interests of the school are targeted mainly towards Infectious diseases control and this is an area I am particularly interested in.
VO: (cuts in) Who will be paying for your studies?
Me: My parents are my sponsors.
VO: What do they do?
Me: They run a company that is involved in handling building contracts and real estate management. They also own a hotel in PH.
VO: Ok. How many rooms are in the hotel
Me: It contains 35 rooms
VO was typing, typing, typing while I was praying in my heart.. lol
VO: OK. Everything seems to be in order. I will be granting your visa. Pick up your passport.... Make sure you travel before your start date... You will need to carry your I-20....
Me: (nodding like agama) Thank you sir. Thank you sir. Thank you sir (collected my white paper)

No documents asked upon all my preparation. No mention of previous interview.

ALL GLORY BE TO GOD, MY HEAVENLY FATHER WHO LOOKS OUT FOR ME ALWAYS. HALLELUYAH.

God is faithful jare! He answered. God did it for you to prove that it's never by might or by preparation. It's his Mercy and Grace that makes the difference.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
DutanTheThird:
Whaaaaats up pple,
I wouldn't be doing myself any justice if I don't post my visa in story but rather inspired you.

Congrats to you and bussy123!

I am next to give testimony in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by YoungPablo91(m): 7:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hello house,

I'm new on nairaland. I wired my tuition deposit and today makes it 2 weeks that I've been debited. Please how long does a transfer take to get to the destination? The school hasn't confirmed the deposit also.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:
>>Here is my transcript:
window 3
>>Me: Good morning
>>VO: Good morning
>>Me: Good morning, hope you are good?
>>VO: (smiles back) Yea here we go, How did you find ETSU?
>>Me: I was looking for schools that offer master’s degree in Technology with concentration in engineering technology, so i used google.com, usnews.com…(V.O cuts me)
>>VO: How many schools did you apply to?
>>Me: I applied to 3 schools and they are East Tennessee state university, Murray state university and Wayne state university
>>Me: How many gave you admission?
>>VO: the 3 gave me admission
>>VO: Why did you prefer ETSU to the others?
>>Me: The course curriculum in ETSU is structured in such a way that it perfectly suits my graduate study needs (V.O cuts me)
>>V.O: No, I’m not convinced; all universities in USA course curriculum are well structured
>>Me: I streamlined my search to schools accredited by abet.org... (Cuts me…all schools are accredited by abet.org)
>>VO: Impress me, Wayne state university is ranked higher than ETSU
>>Me: Ok…After carefully checking ongoing research by the departmental professors, I found one which greatly aligns with my interest. This research is on Characterization of dusts from cement plants with respect to parameters relevant for storage and transport and is currently carried out by Prof Johnson Keith.(cuts me)
>>VO: Did you write the GRE?
>>Me: Yes I did
>>VO: what’s your score?
>>Me: 292 overall, 2.5 analy….
>>VO: ok
>>Me: Saying to my self I hope I neva mess up as she dey look me….nahin I say baba god take charge ooo
>>V.O: When did you graduate?
>>Me:2011
>>V.O: What have you been doing since after your undergraduate?
I did a year national youth service, and then work for *** before i got employed into ****, where I work as operations engineer and my job descriptions are?
Troubleshooting, diagnosing and supervision of maintenance operations being carried out on process equipment.
I simultaneously work towards production optimization and quality improvement through monitoring and controlling of process parameters with the aid of “Siemens Cemat Control System”.
Planning and implementing action plans effectively to maximize overall equipment efficiency.
I work closely with production manager, quality manager and process manager in ensuring consistent operating standards and performance standards are set and maintained (cuts me)
>>VO: How do you intend to pay for your education?
>>Me: My mum… She is a contractor; she supplies building and electrical materials, she's got a business chain of stores in Lagos state, Ogun state, Ondo state and kwara state…(V.O sorry I’m not interested in what she does for a living)
>>VO: I can see you got a merit scholarship?
>>Me: yes
>>VO: How did u get it?
>>Me: Yea, the school was impressed with the quality of documents I sent.
>>V.O: what are the documents?
>>Me: they are, my Statement of purpose, CGPA and my work experience, exactly why I was given the scholarship.
>>V.O: How many credit unit hours will you be doing?
>>Me: 30units…I will be doing thesis
>>VO: What is your project topic?
>>Me: Improving the quality of products been manufactured in Nigeria… (I just talk wetin enter my mouth)
>>VO: what courses will you take?
>>Me: Okay, Let me start with the core courses, methods of research, Investigation in technology, I ve the opportunity for management business course like essentials of management, also Modern industry, tool design, process control and instrumentation, industrial supervision, industrial management, engineering economy(nahin V.O dey nod her head…na there I see say e don gel)
>>VO: she typed for a while then said the golden words. I will be approving your visa. Pick it up at the circled location..Na so i collect white paper
>>Me: Thanks

neva loose hope...when u re denied...refire and do ur homework..God got ur back

Congrats once again......... It God His Favour really go with U and He will continue to be with you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
femoalaofin:

oh awesome... were u funded
nope
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ziondee(f): 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
KimoraW:
I was getting so nervous when I went in. Had to keep stirring up my faith and reminding God of His words to me. Finally called to window 7.

VO: Good morning. Can I have your passport and I-20 (handed them over). I can see you are going to Emory university. What will you be studying?
Me: I will be doing a Masters in Public health with a major in International health.
VO: Can I see your scores? (handed it to him) Wow. You have impressive scores, congratulations.
Me: During the course of my research, I discovered that Emory has the best global health department in the country. The SPH is involved in a lot of projects that are making waves worldwide. The research interests of the school are targeted mainly towards Infectious diseases control and this is an area I am particularly interested in.
Me: They run a company that is involved in handling building contracts and real estate management. They also own a hotel in PH.
VO: OK. Everything seems to be in order. I will be granting your visa. Pick up your passport.... Make sure you travel before your start date... You will need to carry your I-20....
Me: (nodding like agama) Thank you sir. Thank you sir. Thank you sir (collected my white paper)

ALL GLORY BE TO GOD, MY HEAVENLY FATHER WHO LOOKS OUT FOR ME ALWAYS. HALLELUYAH.

Congrats Dr kimoraW
God is Faithful.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
bukunmmy:

Congrats once again......... It God His Favour really go with U and He will continue to be with you

AMEN...THANKS

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
Bussy123 and DutanTheThird
Congratulobia grin grin
I'm next

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
KimoraW:

Congratulations Bro........ Divine Favour from Above who on earth can query it Nobody........ God Favour me in d presence of Man and Woman/ VO dis Month I looked up to U IJN I pray....... Enjoy ur Stay in Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
OluDare01:
texrem this your interview na drill o grin grin
Congrats, see you in TN

CANT WAIT TO MEET U
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ziondee(f): 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
Please who can send me toefl ebook. I need it urgently. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
meritdee:

Wow!!! Finally bro. I remember vividly like 'the north'. Thank God and Congrats. Patience pays

IT CAN ONLY BE GOD...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
Congratulations Dr.! Very smooth interview..You made all effort to get it right and God favoured you.. On the long term I'll like us to connect & do some networking, I'm also going for public health!
KimoraW:
MY GOD IS TOO FAITHFUL!!! My F1 visa was approved this morning 9am batch at Abuja embassy after being denied last month. The favour I experienced today was just unbelievable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
So I buzzed my school after I saw the flywire eqnuiries pop. According to my sch (maybe relates to other schools too), wire transfers from Nigeria (using flywiree,peer transfer etc) is usually scrutinized (because of scammers) when it is a first time transfer. So with that in mind, it will take 3-5 days for them to process it from their end in the US, thats minus the days of processing from Nigeria. But the good news is, after a first transaction, further transactions take effect within 24hrs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
Congratulations texrem & DutanTheThird smiley Clean sweep for June Applicants!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
Mekurexx:
Congratulations texrem & DutanTheThird smiley Clean sweep for June Applicants!

THANK YOU BRO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
Good evening everyone,
I didnt get the Teaching assistantship but i am thankful for all the tipa i got. forging ahead
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
DutanTheThird:
Whaaaaats up pple,
Then she finally asked,

1) TRUST GOD TOTALLY
2) BE YOURSELF

Congrats....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bukunmmy(m): 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
DutanTheThird:
Whaaaaats up pple,
Then she finally asked,

1) TRUST GOD TOTALLY
2) BE YOURSELF

Congratulations........ I tap into this Favour this is real Favour Again...... Greater Heights IJN

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
plauses:

God is faithful jare! He answered. God did it for you to prove that it's never by might or by preparation. It's his Mercy and Grace that makes the difference.

Yes o. Only by His grace. Thanks my pseudo VO for your support and that powerful prayer the night before.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ziondee:

Congrats Dr kimoraW
God is Faithful.

Thanks dear. Yes He is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.