Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (684205 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by calfavour(f): 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Trapping:

Just curious. I had 3.28 in electronics engineering in my undergrad, after de evaluation do you know the range the grade will fall into. Thanks!

Kindly use this https://www.wes.org/calculator/igpa.asp . I hope it helps you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ezennaemeka1:
hello house,
please I need help on verifying my Google AdSense address.
We all know how hard it is to get Google AdSense account as a Nigerian so I decided to apply for that of USA and it was approved. Now I have a challenge. The verification pin needs to be sent to a USA address I used for the registration.
please if you reside in USA pm me let give them your address. once the send the pin to you all you need do is to do is email me the pin via my email address.
pls guys I really need help from you guys. thanks
How will the person verify that u dnt use his info to scam or use it otherwise?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sputos(m): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
@texrem

I am unable to send u a PM. I tried it gave me an error "You have sent too many personal messages". Kindly send me a PM. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
charliejose:
Can i dm you?..i need to ask some questions..thanks!

Yes you can send me a pm.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
borie4u:
OK. Anyone who benefited from this thread, got visa n refused to share transcript either cos his / her brain no boot or turn deaf n dumb or otherwise go enter wrong plane . if he is going to Texas, na new Zealand plane he go enter . if na Ohio e de go na "Meeren" e go enter. Eyen kooor

Amen and Amen..Asheeee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
texrem:
PLS WHO HAS KIMORA,S NUMBER?

Lol. Nobody. Send me a pm.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
DareFadi:

My cousin was recently looking for a roommate to share an apartment and it was based on someone transcript posted 2 weeks ago that i linked both of them up . They might not end up sharing a flat but u never know the network that is built from here ....When the new student gets to the school , at least he has my cousin to link up with and show him some steps .

Also I know several previous Emory MPH naija students and who ended up matching for residency after MPH . That network base is something Anybody can tap into if they want by Holler Does anyone know such and such in Emory or In any school. ......

The power of using your Networks is key .....A lot of jobs is about networking and you only know whats out there by sharing , go see how the Indian they help each other enter places.

I am done with this topic . My f1 Journey was years ago as undergrad and masters. I only viewed this thread this year for a cousin . Where i am today has partly due to networks.

Pls link me up with Emory MPH naija students na. Don't know any.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
KimoraW:

Pls link me up with Emory MPH naija students na. Don't know any.

There are very many naija doctors who have done MPH In Emory. Although the ones i know are past not current ....Send me a msg and i would link you up , let me send one a facebook msg that i might be sending someone down his way .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
hi worry359
I know you are not a huge fan of posting
transcripts here just like many other members here.
However, I believe the advantage of doing so cannot be overemphasized.

1. People can discover which other people are going for their majors,
connect with them and help grow together while studying. When the time
for looking for internships and jobs comes, these people may be source
of information and support. I have sent a pm to bigfrancis21 and biikeys
because they are in IT related fields. The amount of information I have
ganered from them is not little at all.

2. People could find the name of schools offering the course they are
interested in and this could help start a conversation. For instance, the
school I am attending was suggested by a member here, and I went ahead to
do my homework and applied. I got into the program and even got an
assistantship too. slimmy2005, even though his recent behavior really
irked me, has helped several people to get into his school and even
helped with scholarships too. How do you think this would have been possible
if he attended 'bleep' University?

3. You said there are enough transcripts here already and that is where you
get it totally wrong. Do not forget that these interviews are case by case
basis and experiences of similar candidates differ. This can be extended
to other things including job hunt too. OjaP wrote here one day about how
he always got a reject when he was applying for jobs then because he kept
saying he had no work authorization, whereas his OPT was work authorization.

Nobody is asking for your full names, your dad's occupation, your
school apartment address or annual salary. You may think you already have
a great job and doing great in the US but you never know which little info
could help accomplish a simple task that has been giving you sleepless nights.
Little mistakes people have made can be avoided if they see that others who
made them post them. Life is hard already, we could make it a little
easier for one another if we share information.
I am sorry if anybody felt insulted or repulsed when they were called out for
not posting their transcripts. It is the culture here and has helped a lot
and it would be nice if that would continue.
worry359:

There are hundreds of transcripts here already.
Do you think you will learn something that has never been posted before?
Or can you not search back?
Is that a reason to crucify someone who does not post a transcript. shocked shocked

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
KimoraW:

Lol. Nobody. Send me a pm.

Done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 1:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
fizzile:
This your transcript does not look complete. If you need anyone to help you, better post the full transcript

That was the transcript sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
profojah2:

Which of the UBs?.. Baltimore or Boston?.. Is the course you're going for related to Agric-Eng, just as your undergraduate?

University of Bridgeport. Technology Management
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 1:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
penroll55:
Boss in the house that have been in usa for long or have idea please help. Please I need to learn or perhaps perfect my driving skills before I go for the driving test but I want to know if there is a way to get learners permit to enable me practice on the road or even in school without having problem with police incase stopped.
Imperiouxx, slimmy2005, msnas and others that have idea on this please help.
what state are you ? you can get a learner permit (limited term) before you do the real driving test. go to your local DPS office and take the computer test. you don't neccesarily have to do driving test now. I drove for about 6 months before I went ahead to do the real driving test.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
oluphy:
I hav always believed GRE has more weight than English eficiency tests.... also I think what turned the VO off was "how u got d sch". Twas too general... I have to be honest with you... ur preparation was LAZY!!..

I prepared. God knows! I first stammered when I was cslled
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
lionlee216:

I prepared. God knows! I first stammered when I was cslled

When I hear people on this forum preparing and over preparing for an interview, I ask myself, why all the preparation?

If you did the application yourself from start to finish, I don't think there is anything the VO would ask that you are unable to answer.

Don't get me wrong, I know that I asked someone to send me transcripts but the young lady I sent it to refused to go through it because she sees no need for it. I believe that over preparing might make one stutter because you have so many things running through your mind.

I believe the only thing we applicant have to work on is our communication skill, confidence, the ability to give cogent answers to questions asked and been honest.

Also, I've heard people talk about dressing. Their website no correlation between what you wear and a VO's decision to give or refuse visa. When I was given USA visa, I wore Jean and plain white t-shirt to the embassy.

I understand that people are nervous but have it at the back of your mind that VO's are humans, please don't try to impress.

Nigeria isn't the best country I know but we still have to carry out shoulders high. America as you all know isn't the safest country in the world but her citizens still dey package the country like say na the best.

Lastly, please guys let's try to be careful in our a choice of words. Insulting one another isn't the best. Abroad no be the end of life oh, there are still other challenges ahead. I'm not a guru but I've been on this platform for a minute.

Hmm, abroad sweet when you are young but it's kinda bitter as you get more responsibilities.

Stay blessed guys. No disrespect to anyone. I apologize if my message offends anyone.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
lionlee216:

University of Bridgeport. Technology Management
Ohh that's a course mismatch... Only if you have a valid reason which can be explained to the VO why you switching from Agric-Engineering to Tech-Mgt.. Any prerequisite course(s) done at the undergraduate level can suffice.. Just pray for a kindhearted VO that will ask and give you room to explain "Why this course" question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
profojah2:

Ohh that's a course mismatch... Only if you have a valid reason which can be explained to the VO why you switching from Agric-Engineering to Tech-Mgt.. Any prerequisite course(s) done at the undergraduate level can suffice.. Just pray for a kindhearted VO that will ask and give you room to explain "Why this course" question.

Thats the koko... my friend interview at window 2 studied Animal production and Health and switched to MBA in human resources n he was approved. the VO wasn't nice or let me say it wasn't my lucky day. thr first in front of me was denied too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by san001: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
Plz can somebody help with the questions & answers the visa executive(vo) may ask at the embassy, for student visa. Plz this is urgently needed. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
That moment "gentle" SirRiddy forcefully voiced out.

*SirRiddy, I owe you one bae with a crazy big round-ass, Anytime you ready to unleash, lemme know.. Maybe after Ramadan, No wahala cheesy grin cheesy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hardeorlah: 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
it is so painful when u open this thread and see a lot of pages to read n catch up with and on opening the page u see that 80% na fight. Chai, make una take am easy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
meritdee:

Lol.. Slimmy can never stop being Slimmy aswear.
what did I do again? I don apologize o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
lionlee216:

Thats the koko... my friend interview at window 2 studied Animal production and Health and switched to MBA in human resources n he was approved. the VO wasn't nice or let me say it wasn't my lucky day. thr first in front of me was denied too

I personally dont think its the Switch that was just the problem ......It has to do with how you first started, and then the next response wasn’t better and neither was the next ... At that point it was hard to bounce back.

Firstly why the school is your best time to shine…….Get it right especially the first question. words like Random searches not a good choice of words , then good faculty ratio ....Almost all schools have that . I think new applicants stop using reasons like that. Also “Tech management” the focus would not be so much on research or Laboratories but that was one of your reasons... There are much indept answers to have given regarding Tech management.

Then on to the next …..No GRE then next a different undergrad.

To be honest there was no selling point you shined in. …… I would always recommend doing GRE as a MUST !!! and IF YOU DON’T have it , defend it QUICKLY …….

For example if it was me I would have said I did IELTS and xx was my score (if it was high) and then add I planned to do GRE but it was not requirement for this school and the other schools I applied to . I was evaluated on my other body of work such as GPA, SOP, MY GOOD LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION … Until the VO say this person too talk ...enough then cuts me off . ...Although you tread carefully blc next question could have been what was ur GPA . and it better be high the way i have packaged myself or i have shot myself .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
sputos:
@ Deetus, Oluphy, Gunther6, Darefadi, Texrem and above all CALFAVOUR.

I really appreciate your feedback on my transcript

I can deduce three things wrong in my transcript now
1. Self sponsor gives a red flag
2. Not linking my study plans with my present employment
3. Not able to list out reasonable number of courses I will be doing

I have noted all these.

As for confidence, I was so confident. Looked at her eyes all thru and my voice was loud.

But this people no dey try.
I am an orphan who was opportuned have properties inherited from my parents. I also earn 210600/month (net pay). I have a flat I get rent from and 1 plot of land. Also had deed of agreement of a land I sold 2014 for 3million. I tut I was fit to sponsor myself having 7million in my acct and school fees being 4800 dollars per semester .....Never knew I needed to say all these without being asked - My bad. Guess I will add my brother to be supporting sponsor. He can provide a statement worth 20Million

Linking travel plans to work. I no try at all. I have travelled to the UK b4 and spent just 3weeks - last year May . I tut that would prove that I will come back...I f-up. To add to it, I am married with a kid which in DS-160 (Although there is no space provided in DS-160 to fill if u have a kid except u travelling with the kid)

The courses I will be doing. Kai!
Oyinbo don craze. When I gain admission for undergraduate study for Lasu, did I know any course I will be doing? Na wa oh. Na to just dey mention courses wey I do for 400level for next interview if I no remember. Lol

Please more responses cos I am already preparing for the next interview. Aja 2, gbera....As I dey drive dey come house sef, I almost bash 2 different times. God help us all.
Abeg if I am applying again, will I fill a fresh DS-160
You will get it right next time. I don't have much time these days otherwise I would have asked you to send me an e-mail.

One thing about the US Embassy is that they want to issue visas to the right candidates, so work on your lapses and you will surely be alright.

You have quite a number of home ties.
Good luck brother!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
calfavour:

so sorry about this visa delay.
F 1 visa Interview as I have learnt is really based on your presentation and not on the documents you have with you.
Just to point a few things from your responses above.
firstly (bold). I think she was expecting to hear of the role you will be playing in 'the company' (what different the MBA will add to your role on coming back). in as much as we need to keep our responses short...we also need to answer correctly (give them what they want to hear, convince them). 'What will you be doing..?' taking a study leave and coming back answers nothing to the VO's question. you suppose shine here....

The second (bold), I'm sure those courses you mentioned has code.... like GEOL 522: history and philosophy of Geology, GEOL 511: advance structural Geology and so on. mention the courses like you are eager to start taking the MBA courses

In all, it might not even be the things I have pointed out...we need to look at your confident level...I hope you were looking into the VO's eyes? I hope you prayed seriously for this? I hope the is really the right course for you at this time.

Let the gurus in the house talk...I'm only a baby here.

Well said
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
DareFadi:

I personally dont think its the Switch that was just the problem ......It has to do with how you first started, and then the next response wasn’t better and neither was the next ... At that point it was hard to bounce back.

Firstly why the school is your best time to shine…….Get it right especially the first question. words like Random searches not a good choice of words , then good faculty ratio ....Almost all schools have that . I think new applicants stop using reasons like that. Also “Tech management” the focus would not be so much on research or Laboratories but that was one of your reasons... There are much indept answers to have given regarding Tech management.

Then on to the next …..No GRE then next a different undergrad.

To be honest there was no selling point you shined in. …… I would always recommend doing GRE as a MUST !!! and IF YOU DON’T have it , defend it QUICKLY …….

For example if it was me I would have said I did IELTS and xx was my score (if it was high) and then add I planned to do GRE but it was not requirement for this school and the other schools I applied to . I was evaluated on my other body of work such as GPA, SOP, MY GOOD LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION … Until the VO say this person too talk ...enough then cuts me off . ...Although you tread carefully blc next question could have been what was ur GPA . and it better be high the way i have packaged myself or i have shot myself .

can u gv me some of the indept answers for technology management?

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Please guys what's the CGI appointment service receipt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
calfavour:

Congratulations to you....God has favoured you dear...go forth and hustle for Dollar

Go forth and study grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
hardeorlah:
it is so painful when u open this thread and see a lot of pages to read n catch up with and on opening the page u see that 80% na fight. Chai, make una take am easy

@ hardeorlah how's everything over there. I know u wella for orisun... and you know me too. lol don't be surprised.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
sputos, was it Lagos embassy n what window?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
lionlee216:

can u gv me some of the indept answers for technology management?

thanks

Probably wont post it here, Incase a VO cool is lurking around ........... Send me a mail and i would send you tips on that question and you build it from there. Make it short so its something you remember but equally powerful

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.