Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679922 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ezennaemeka1(m): 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
Walspring:

Lieing to Google and claiming where you don't belong to in the name of getting Google Adsense is what

Legal... Am I right
Bro you would have understood if you were to be a blogger. I am just trying to earn money in a very legal way. me using USA AdSense is because its easily approved. I have a blog which is over a year but Google AdSense had refused to approve it but I used the same blog to register for USA AdSense and it was approved in less than 2days. So do you advice me to keep on waiting for them?? seems Google don't just like us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ezennaemeka1:

Bro you would have understood if you were to be a blogger. I am just trying to earn money in a very legal way. me using USA AdSense is because its easily approved. I have a blog which is over a year but Google AdSense had refused to approve it but I used the same blog to register for USA AdSense and it was approved in less than 2days. So do you advice me to keep on waiting for them?? seems Google don't just like us.

Google knew why they don't approved it due to misuse, violation of privacy, unconfirmed news and so on that you bloggers spread around here in Nigeria.... No be so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayosco2008(m): 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
borie4u:
Slimmy2005 And Msnas take note!
I was sitting in my corner eleven years ago when a gentleman walked up to me. He said " are you the one occupying this bed". My heart jumped into my mouth. The owner of the bed space has come and my time in that room was up!. I was a struggling student at O.A.U then. Been a finalist i already sold up my own space and used the money to register my final year tuition. I only kept the rest which was #5000 which cannot even buy the cheapest space at Awo Hall at that time. My fate hanged on that young man right in my front. But he looked at me and smiled and told me not to worry. He said i will only come here once in awhile. I was relieved even if those times i will have to sleep in the reading room when he comes but he never for once came. My fellow roommates said this is rare and that i must have used a charm on this youngman cos even if he doesnt need the space he would atleast sell it to ever willing and desperate student who needs somewhere to bunk. I never for once forget that man. I was just lucky to meet a great man. That was my first encounter with a great man and i knew not!
Many years later and many waters over the bridge, i received an anonymous call. I was with my fiancee when the call came. When the person told me he is a popular nairalander, i never knew he was that young man who gave me his space without collecting a kobo from me. We have even shared correspondence without knowing. A perfect fine gentleman and someone i so much respect to on this thread.!
I want to say that even though u think i forget, i never did. That year was the most challenging year i had at O.A.U. at the Department of Geology, White House. I lost all my contact and thank God u called. I maynot have said a proper thank you then but know that i never for once forget your good deed. I know you called me with +1403***********7, I was just seeing my fiancee off and charging my phone but i Got ur contact if you were the call i missed.
I never imagined i could ever met u or speak with you again. That call was one of the best thing today apart from $ being #253. LOL
From the bottom of my heart i want to say God bless you GBOYEGADD. When you need one to attend to you many will line up to do all your wishes.
Bottomline is that you may think this is faceless forum where you can trade insult and what-have-you but some destiny can be determined by that harmless insult you dish to someone. You never know who person at the other end is. let us treat ourselves with Love and Respect. May we all share our success story ijn.

Great Great Great!! I hope peeps on here learn from this and stop throwing abuses at each other. The world will be a much more better place to live in if we respect and love each other..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
don4ye:
e family pls chill with Ratchy .. Let her pick her Pali tomorrow, she is gonna explain things and you will reason with her.. Pls house and pls... Where is dickoflife self.. I don miss u

What I have noticed here recently is that the addition of some new folks changes the directions and goals of the thread from what it used to be in the begining. In fact many advise here now are questionable. These new folks give impression that embassy can void your visa after they see your transcript online. It's laughable to believe that a VO has your time to come here to compare your transcripts with that of many interviewee he attended to that day. I won't blame the new successful applicants so much after what they pass through to secure the visa, but sometimes they need to use their heads too, afterall they are coming as educated people.

@the newcomers,

once your visa is approved at the interview and your ds160 is straight, your visa will reach you, except you come from a very bad family and/or a bad home town.

ratchy:
Congratulations..................please post transcript on time before dem swallow you raw

It's sad to see you pulling an attitude you couldn't pull before your interview. Who are them you're referring to? Those that you learned from before your interview, right? Don't be like someone who deliberately breaks the only pot she ate dinner from. You will need more help than this by the time you get to US. You already said tomorrow or next and I believe you

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
nellyalph:
Transcripts are testimonies! Why will anyone not want to share his/her testimonies?? .

This part is appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Glory to Almighty Allah for the appointed day (16th June, 2016) arrived...
Cab arrived 4:30am at my gate, made some rush-hour dressing and ate my sahur inside the cab. Left home 5:10am and got to the embassy 5:40am. People were already there. Didn't join the crowd immediately, I took my time to make up and dress properly (fine blue gown and hair covered as usual).

After so much arrangements from my end, I finally joined the queue then check in start 6:10am or so, not sure of the time.
After the almighty screening, I crossed the road to the main building opposite where we were screened.

Inside the main building now
We were passed to the first window to confirm our documents (I-20, SEVIS payment receipt was attached together at that window) put together in-between my passport. Next window was fingerprints. After that I joined the queue to await the VO's
I was the 14th person on queue, after a while they arrived at their respective windows While on the queue I wasn't feeling too well, I was thinking if I should go and wait in the rest room for some minutes. But later summoned courage to get my visa grin...
Now my turn after some minutes, I was called to window 7...

VO: Good morning
ME: morning ma'am
VO: Can I have your documents please (I:20, SEVIS confirmation with passport)
ME: I passed it to her (She was typing and looked up to me and asked)
VO: Tell me your plans
ME: (fear first grip me...) I am going Troy University in Alabama to pursue my Masters Degree in International Relations
VO: Nodding and typing (though facing her system)
VO: Ok, what will you do after International Relations
ME: I will return home to continue working in my present organisation or alternatively establish my own firm or work in a public sector to develop Nigeria
VO: Ok, nodding... (then, she typed like no tomorrow)
VO: Who is sponsoring you
ME: My dad
VO: what does he do
ME: he is a successful real estate consultant, he develops... (then, she cuts in saying ok! ok!! ok!!!)
VO: your visa has been approved then she returned my I-20 and SEVIS confirmation to me that I will need it at POE and wished me successful trip to the US with the white slip to pickup my passport.

...NOTE: No document(s) was asked

I was filled with Joy.............. Sorry for the late transcript

Thanks to the GURUS on this thread, your help has been an invaluable contribution to this successful transcript.

Profound gratitude to the deserving folks and coaches from my love of life @Don4ye to my sweetheart @OluDare01 you guys are awesome.
Not forgetting my ubiquitous fiance for the love, care etc... You're the best!

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ezennaemeka1(m): 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
Walspring:

Google knew why they don't approved it due to misuse, violation of privacy, unconfirmed news and so on that you bloggers spread around here in Nigeria.... No be so
Sorry I don't respond to setup!d comments
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by daaz001: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
DareFadi:

Please please dont leave anything to last minute again. It might not be a be an issue today and we give God the glory but it could easily have been an issue

Congrats and it glad to hear it went well..... Best of luck in your new journey .

Thanks bro that was why i said i obtained favor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
safex101:
Please House, any idea on New York University's School of Professional Studies? as I have just been accepted for a M.S program.

Widen your search and apply to other schools..bolded is not often associated with the typical university student setting..more of an adult program for people working and juggling it with some professional course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Walspring:

Please do US schools accept combined WAEC result for UG?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
slimmy2005:
Please do US schools accept combined WAEC result for UG?

Nope.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MsNas(f): 12:28am On Jun 21, 2016
borie4u:
Slimmy2005 And Msnas take note!
I was sitting in my corner eleven years ago when a gentleman walked up to me. He said " are you the one occupying this bed". My heart jumped into my mouth. The owner of the bed space has come and my time in that room was up!. I was a struggling student at O.A.U then. Been a finalist i already sold up my own space and used the money to register my final year tuition. I only kept the rest which was #5000 which cannot even buy the cheapest space at Awo Hall at that time. My fate hanged on that young man right in my front. But he looked at me and smiled and told me not to worry. He said i will only come here once in awhile. I was relieved even if those times i will have to sleep in the reading room when he comes but he never for once came. My fellow roommates said this is rare and that i must have used a charm on this youngman cos even if he doesnt need the space he would atleast sell it to ever willing and desperate student who needs somewhere to bunk. I never for once forget that man. I was just lucky to meet a great man. That was my first encounter with a great man and i knew not!
Many years later and many waters over the bridge, i received an anonymous call. I was with my fiancee when the call came. When the person told me he is a popular nairalander, i never knew he was that young man who gave me his space without collecting a kobo from me. We have even shared correspondence without knowing. A perfect fine gentleman and someone i so much respect to on this thread.!
I want to say that even though u think i forget, i never did. That year was the most challenging year i had at O.A.U. at the Department of Geology, White House. I lost all my contact and thank God u called. I maynot have said a proper thank you then but know that i never for once forget your good deed. I know you called me with +1403***********7, I was just seeing my fiancee off and charging my phone but i Got ur contact if you were the call i missed.
I never imagined i could ever met u or speak with you again. That call was one of the best thing today apart from $ being #253. LOL
From the bottom of my heart i want to say God bless you GBOYEGADD. When you need one to attend to you many will line up to do all your wishes.
Bottomline is that you may think this is faceless forum where you can trade insult and what-have-you but some destiny can be determined by that harmless insult you dish to someone. You never know who person at the other end is. let us treat ourselves with Love and Respect. May we all share our success story ijn.
I wasn't initially gonna respond to this. But just thought i'd set things and also set you straight. Take note of what exactly? I beg you in the name of everything you hold dear, do not mention me in anything that pertain to insults or whatever because my patience has really worn thin at this point. I have been on this thread for more than 4 years, I don't pick fights with people. What I will not tolerate and condone is someone attacking my personality and coming for me with no provocation. Yesterday when the other person you mentioned was acting up, I never traded insults with him or insulted him in anyway. I made sure of that, and for you to be sure, I suggest you go read my posts on that matter. He called me names (iidiot, Liar etc) severally and not once did I retaliate by calling him names. So please, I humbly ask you to spare me the satire and not mention me on whatever issue that pertains to insults henceforth.

I have made friends, lot of friends on this thread so yeah, I know you meet people in the weirdest of places. But I will not lay down and allow myself to be trampled upon just because I do not know who the person on the other end is. If you treat me with respect I will reciprocate, and if you treat me otherwise I will also reciprocate. So thanks a lot and have a great day.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:14am On Jun 21, 2016
mevisbleek:

God bless Yankee VO's.
Guys, I have said this before. Preparation is not needed.
I know I asked but [s] looking at someone's transcript is not needed[/s].
[s]A lot of people use people's answer while at the interview.[/s]

I passionately disagree with this part. My British supervisor used to tell me then that if you don't prepare for any interviews, you will fumble, no matter how much you know the topic. Looking at previous interviews isn't a crime. It's a smart way of learning and preparing. Only a dullard makes no sense out of previous interview but only to copy and paste. Such dullard shouldn't even want to study in US in the first place. When I was preparing back then, I only learned the structure of US student visa interview for Nigerians (apparently that was the keywords that led me to nairaland). If not, how do I know the sequence of the questions, dos & don'ts and what leads to successful visa interview before I visit the embassy?

It's true that many don't know about this thread before they got the visa but when they do, they wish they had known, probably life would have been easy for them before the interview. Please don't get the VO wrong.

Thanks

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by halidaf: 1:29am On Jun 21, 2016
bukunmmy:
To God Be The Glory and for Favour He Showed me this Morning At Lagos Embassy He proved Himself to Me that He is a Living God Visa Approved 7:30am at Window 2. Special Thanks to God Almight for the Mercy I Received from Him. This Appreciation will not be Complete without this following People Lionlee, Don4ye, Holudarey01, Worriboy21 and Halidaf for ur Prayer and Advice I Say a very Big Thank U to Nairaland Family as whole this Forum is a Blessing to my Success. Thanks and God Bless U All. Transcript Loading...............
congrats man.. You always congratulate every successful visa interview on here, now its your turn. Nice work one man

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:29am On Jun 21, 2016
borie4u:
Slimmy2005 And take note!
I don't know you, but I respect this piece. Yes, this reminds of my 3rd year in Uniport. We usually ballot every third year and would be allocated a final year bed space. Yes, I was lucky I got final year medical student hostel bed space. To me, I felt this is good money, mind you I never once lived in the hostel. My aim of securing one is to make money off it and nothing else. I took time off class to go check the place up, to my surprise I found two guys already occupying thesame bedspace. I told them I'm the new occupant of this space and left cos I didn't know how they run hostel allocation and stuffs. I dropped my number before I left.

The next day, I received a called from one of guys and he was pleading that he stays with me or I sell to him that he can't afford an off campus apt. I asked how much he was willing to pay, but the young man could only afford 15,000. The bed space sells for 60,000. I simply told him to leave that he is not serious.

Well after everything, I didn't take a dime from him after the mum pleaded I help his son. It was that same Felix that assisted me with my NYSC posting to Rivers State without paying a dime as well.

I don't like to trade words but you cannot fish out lies with lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 21, 2016
sirRiddy:
hi worry359
I know you are not a huge fan of posting
transcripts here just like many other members here.
However, I believe the advantage of doing so cannot be overemphasized.

2. People could find the name of schools offering the course they are
interested in and this could help start a conversation. For instance, the
school I am attending was suggested by a member here, and I went ahead to
do my homework and applied. I got into the program and even got an
assistantship too. slimmy2005, even though his recent behavior really
irked me
, has helped several people to get into his school and even
helped with scholarships too. How do you think this would have been possible
if he attended 'bleep' University?
I want it to exasperate you till the veins in your head pop out. tongue You can drive home your point without that cos how you feel about the next person doesn't hold waters at all.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by halidaf: 1:51am On Jun 21, 2016
halidaf:
congrats man.. You always congratulate every successful visal interview on here, now its your turn. Nice one man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 1:56am On Jun 21, 2016
imperiouxx:

I passionately disagree with this part. My British supervisor used to tell me then that if you don't prepare for any interviews, you will fumble, no matter how much you know the topic. Looking at previous interviews isn't a crime. It's a smart way of learning and preparing. Only a dullard makes no sense out of previous interview but only to copy and paste. Such dullard shouldn't even want to study in US in the first place. When I was preparing back then, I only learned the structure of US student visa interview for Nigerians (apparently that was the keywords that led me to nairaland). If not, how do I know the sequence of the questions, dos & don'ts and what leads to success interview before I visit the embassy?

It's true that many don't know about this thread before they got the visa but when they do, they wish they had known, probably life would have been easy for them before the interview. Please don't get the VO wrong.

Thanks

You have a point Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:11am On Jun 21, 2016
OjaP:
Let's talk like Nigerians please.

When you pass JAMB and get admission into a university, do you know which classes you would be taking before registration? After you get admission for masters, do you know the classes you will be taking before resumption or registration? So, it is normal if any NIGERIAN does not know which classes she will be taking in her first year; that's just how we were brought up. So, don't let us make it seem like whoever doesn't know the classes she will be taking in the first year is not serious or genuine. Most people know about this question about classes because they read this thread.

In 2010 or thereabout, the VOs ask questions about the states bordering your schools. Who would expect such question in an interview? Most NL'ers were able to answer because of the transcripts posted here.

How many schools did you apply to? Most people honestly applied to one but were denied because of that. This thread has proved that the VO wants you to say that you applied to 3 or more schools even when you know deep inside you that you applied to just one. Many of us won't know this if we didn't visit this thread.

I can go on and on but I think passing the interview depends mostly on how prepared you are and mostly by reading other people's transcripts, it goes a long way. While it is not compulsory to post your transcript after visa issuance; I feel it is immoral not to after gaining much from here. But who am I to complain, to each its own.

I'm just seeing all this. You took the words out of my mouth sir.

You see that the thread is heading another direction now? cheesy

beloved thread.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by halidaf: 2:13am On Jun 21, 2016
PrettyBoyFloyd:
It's sad to see the way the thread has turned out,I came on here first in 2011 and applied for fall 2011. Never knew the thread was as strong as it were,I can't even log in to my old account. Shout out to Waledudu,Kunlebal,Snazzygirl,Imperiouxx,webstradamus,MsNas,to mention a few. These were men who held down the thread with valor and matured minds. Most of them got their visas,deactivated their accounts and left in order to avoid been insulted by a new comer here. F1 visa is not the end people,my advice it's not about the amount of money you spend on education here after graduation,when it comes to job offers.American citizens will be considered first in most corporations. It's about God's favor here. I came on here with the mind of going to school but after my first year I found out I could hardly pay my tuition nor buy books or pay rent for my apartment. I had to drop out of school,found labor jobs with the help of God sent people I was paid 10dollar an hour,my boss was happy with my determination and interest to learn more and increased my pay from 10 to 20 an hour. I saved and was able to pay my bills. Today,am proud to say I have a good job,was able to finish my schooling,set my siblings back in Nigeria straight and have a pretty American wife. America is a blessed country and so much for everyone. Just hold on to your God and he will favor you by meeting the right people. Goodluck to those who got their visas recently,the journey just started.
hmmn weird truth!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 2:28am On Jun 21, 2016
OjaP:
Let's talk like Nigerians please.

When you pass JAMB and get admission into a university, do you know which classes you would be taking before registration? After you get admission for masters, do you know the classes you will be taking before resumption or registration? So, it is normal if any NIGERIAN does not know which classes she will be taking in her first year; that's just how we were brought up. So, don't let us make it seem like whoever doesn't know the classes she will be taking in the first year is not serious or genuine. Most people know about this question about classes because they read this thread.

In 2010 or thereabout, the VOs ask questions about the states bordering your schools. Who would expect such question in an interview? Most NL'ers were able to answer because of the transcripts posted here.

How many schools did you apply to? Most people honestly applied to one but were denied because of that. This thread has proved that the VO wants you to say that you applied to 3 or more schools even when you know deep inside you that you applied to just one. Many of us won't know this if we didn't visit this thread.

I can go on and on but I think passing the interview depends mostly on how prepared you are and mostly by reading other people's transcripts, it goes a long way. While it is not compulsory to post your transcript after visa issuance; I feel it is immoral not to after gaining much from here. But who am I to complain, to each its own.

This is so true and I can equally relate to it when I started reading on this thread years back. I wonder if nobody posted all those transcripts then for us to read, what would have happened to most applicants that read and took one or two knowledge from here?

Even if not for visas, how about those who has always been there to help pay for Sevis. Thanks to Big Francis who helped with mine then.

2008 was the first time I packaged my school application for US but I was discouraged somehow along the line and lost interest. I never had the intention of coming to America again anytime soon cos i was balling until when I started reading this thread and somehow the interest grew as a result of reading people's transcripts and all. If no one was sharing then, probably I will still be in my shadows dreaming about America now.

I did not run to this thread because I wanted to come to America like some did and after getting it they become arrogant. I only came across it while surfing the Internet and decide to read through and as God will have it, here I am today.

My Advise: Just do what is right cos u never know who you are helping unknowingly. But if timidity is what you built ur life on, then just go to hell with your selfish mindset.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 2:41am On Jun 21, 2016
imperiouxx:

You will need more help than this by the time you get to US. You already said tomorrow or next and I believe you

Thank you for chipping this in... Many don't know this. Many are roaming the streets here without status cuz of the bridges they burnt after securing visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 2:45am On Jun 21, 2016
imperiouxx:

I'm just seeing all this. You took the words out of my mouth sir.

You see that the thread is heading another direction now? cheesy

beloved thread.

They can't kill this thread bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 3:05am On Jun 21, 2016
@ ratchy,

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ayobamimoses07: 3:15am On Jun 21, 2016
is it true nigerian students who re studying here in the US are returning back home to nigeria to complete their education since they are unable to make payments here due to these dollar naira exchange issue? i read in the news that naija students here in the US are retunring back to private universities in nigeria to complete their studies....how far true is this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chengken: 3:46am On Jun 21, 2016
profojah2:
That moment "gentle" SirRiddy forcefully voiced out.

*SirRiddy, I owe you one bae with a crazy big round-ass, Anytime you ready to unleash, lemme know.. Maybe after Ramadan, No wahala cheesy grin cheesy.

Goan sit down, na to dey find woman upandan u sabi.
Is this rubbish useful for this thread. Always derailing with nonsensical posts. Smh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 3:50am On Jun 21, 2016
imperiouxx:
@ ratchy,

Cheers!
Thanks so much for your patient and understanding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sulaimon1988: 5:26am On Jun 21, 2016
OMG ...

dramaka:
In other news, let's see what the official exchange rate is as recognized internationally at the moment. We should be keenly watching this.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sulaimon1988: 5:34am On Jun 21, 2016
Please i need your assistance whoever is capable to..

I have an admission in the state for an MBA course and I am preparing to go for my visa soon. The problem is about the tuition fee. I need to know the flexibility of tuition payment in the university system over there cus my fee is kinda much and am hoping i could get a job that i can use to sustain myself though i dont mind if i can get more than one job. Please i need to know if there is any hope for my survival with this dollar exchange rate increased. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 5:44am On Jun 21, 2016
lionlee216:
Visa delayed by window 5 by a female VO

VO Gdmrng and how did u get to know about this school?
ME from the rseult of random searches I conducted online, UB is made up of exceptional professional who are vast in various aspects of engoneering and management, also it has good faculty ratio. Further more, it is a good research institution with great laboratories.

VO did you write GRE
ME I wrote IELTS

VO what course did you do at undergraduate
ME I studied agricultural engineering

Im sorry I wont be able to approve ur visa

You rather be honest in your change of field, Most young people make mistakes in their early choice of study and always wish to make things right by diverting to the field they think they can do best because in Nigeria, we often don't consider our abilities, subjects we can do best at and we even neglect to use academic advisers even though most academic advisers don't function well,

And most of the time, parents do force the kids to study what they want the Kids to study without considering their child inabilities in the subject area, if for example, you're not good in Further Maths, you may not be successful in Engineering so you consider Health related courses or any other science field.

Thats why people go for second degrees or switch Majors in Postgraduate studies, I've seen a couple of goal oriented Americans that did this, I met a lady that studied Marketing, she later went for IT and is working in IT field, the other person studied Engineering and switched to ABS Nursing etc.

Your main point is to know the right words to use to prove your changes to the VO, if it sounds interesting to them, they let you go.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 5:54am On Jun 21, 2016
ayobamimoses07:
is it true nigerian students who re studying here in the US are returning back home to nigeria to complete their education since they are unable to make payments here due to these dollar naira exchange issue? i read in the news that naija students here in the US are retunring back to private universities in nigeria to complete their studies....how far true is this

Who's counting them smiley

I wonder how that affects your own application/studies by the way..you're having challenges paying?

Better to come straight and let people advise you if that's the case-that's one of the reasons this thread exists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.