Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (682546 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
zollar4life:
Urgent!!!
Please I made a mistake with my passport number and I have schedule appointment,please what can I do? The receipt carry the right passport number .
Thanks

Is it on appointment page your made the mistake or on ds160 form

If it's appointment page, you need to contact them via provide feedback at the appointment page website and it will be corrected

If it's ds160 form I don't have idea but the last time I research on that, it seems it can't be corrected when you submitted the form..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
DareFadi:

For example if it was me I would have said I did IELTS and xx was my score (if it was high) and then add I planned to do GRE but it was not requirement for this school and the other schools I applied to . I was evaluated on my other body of work such as GPA, SOP, MY GOOD LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION … Until the VO say this person too talk ...enough then cuts me off . ...Although you tread carefully blc next question could have been what was ur GPA . and it better be high the way i have packaged myself or i have shot myself .

Just seeing this.. GPA was high 4.05

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dramaka(m): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
Alright! Yesterday, Gooogle said N260; today it's N280. In Nigeria, we hear and see N288 in the media. All funds should be calculated using this new rate. Besides, it would be the best one can come across, especially with Form A transactions.
Surprisingly, the black market seems to be steady at N335-345. Can anyone please confirm what the rate is when using your Naira denominated cards abroad? Info I've come across shows N340 on average for some banks.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
@ OTUNBACODED

Congrats .. Nice study plans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hefhem39(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
OTUNBACODED:
It is not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth but of God that sheweth mercy (Romans 9:16). Today for 11am appointment in Lagos my visa was approved.

vo: good morning
me: good morning ma and how do u do?
vo: let me have your passport
me: here they are ma, I handed her my passport , I-20 and sevis receipt
vo: tell me about your study plan
me: I am going to south dakota school of Mines and technology for Msc Mining Engineering & Management and I will be taking courses such as *************, this courses will help me with updating myself in the area of mining and also open me to new mining techniques. d Nigerian government is now working on making mining a major source of revenue generation as the crash in oil price as affected the economy negatively hence more qualified hands will be needed in the mining sector and this degree will give me an edge. (VO was just nodding)
vo: who will be funding your study
me: my elder brother, he works as *** with *** & I also have some personal savings to support myself since I currently work. (vo continued typing for like 2 minutes)
vo: your visa has been approved.

It was just God's grace,favour & mercy as i did not write any test though it was not required from my school as my undegraduate was in same field.

Thanks to everybody that posted their transcript as i have learnt alot from here. Special thanks to Ojap , DareFadi & Warriboy21

Congratulations.
Your early transcript posting is respected.
Enjoy more grace...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 4:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
imperiouxx:

I'm fine. We will find time to talk. Hope you're doing fine?

I am, God has been faithful. You dey go naija this Christmas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jaypoundsgmail(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2016
OTUNBACODED:
It is not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth but of God that sheweth mercy (Romans 9:16). Today for 11am appointment in Lagos my visa was approved.

vo: good morning
me: good morning ma and how do u do?
vo: let me have your passport
me: here they are ma, I handed her my passport , I-20 and sevis receipt
vo: tell me about your study plan
me: I am going to south dakota school of Mines and technology for Msc Mining Engineering & Management and I will be taking courses such as *************, this courses will help me with updating myself in the area of mining and also open me to new mining techniques. d Nigerian government is now working on making mining a major source of revenue generation as the crash in oil price as affected the economy negatively hence more qualified hands will be needed in the mining sector and this degree will give me an edge. (VO was just nodding)
vo: who will be funding your study
me: my elder brother, he works as *** with *** & I also have some personal savings to support myself since I currently work. (vo continued typing for like 2 minutes)
vo: your visa has been approved.

It was just God's grace,favour & mercy as i did not write any test though it was not required from my school as my undegraduate was in same field.

Thanks to everybody that posted their transcript as i have learnt alot from here. Special thanks to Ojap , DareFadi & Warriboy21

Congrats buddy.. So happy for you..
I will also share my positive experience very soon

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
dramaka:
Alright! Yesterday, Gooogle said N260; today it's N280. In Nigeria, we hear and see N288 in the media. All funds should be calculated using this new rate. Besides, it would be the best one can come across, especially with Form A transactions.
Surprisingly, the black market seems to be steady at N335-345. Can anyone please confirm what the rate is when using your Naira denominated cards abroad? Info I've come across shows N340 on average for some banks.

This official rate is what banks will use to inter trade....but to trade with the consumer they will still add markup or profit on it , depending on how greedy the bank is .... hate to be the bearer of bad news but u not going to get a bank selling that new rate to u .

Hence the black market still that price blc they know when bank add markup it will reach their rate or close to it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Congrats @OTUNBACODED

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
biikeys:

Been a while Mr. Oga..

Oga, make we talk over the weekend preferably Saturday morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
DareFadi:

Welldone and Best of luck in your journey. Make sure you be a part of NSBE , their next career fair conference is in april 2017. Is a most attend for good network and job opportunities for internship and beyond. ... attend it ooo

Pl can I attend this conference as a Safety and Risk Control officer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
NairaSea23:

Pl can I attend this conference as a Safety and Risk Control officer?

Most companies attending who be targeting Engineering and IT students. ..so u would have to check their website if there is an opportunity for your area

Is ur first degree in this line
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
DareFadi:

Most companies attending who be targeting Engineering and IT students. ..so u would have to check their website if there is an opportunity for your area

Is ur first degree in this line

not really. But do had a diploma in that area and with some years of working experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
Holudaray de enjoy Nairaland kirikiri.. Room j 28.. Oga justwise.. Abeg free dis guy..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
OTUNBACODED congrats man... welcome to the midwestern region of USA.. you're surely gonna enjoy your stay .. as I and carlfavour intend doing

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
DareFadi:

There are very many naija doctors who have done MPH In Emory. Although the ones i know are past not current ....Send me a msg and i would link you up , let me send one a facebook msg that i might be sending someone down his way .

I sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
Anyone in or going to new mexico here. Wanna know how standard of living n job opportunities is like
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
stoicism:

God bless you and other selfless being like you. May God help me also with humility, egolessness and selflessness.

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
borie4u:

Thanks once again. I tried returning your call but dont know whats happening. Doesnt seem to connect at all.
I still dont understand how you got my contact.Lolz. Infact my moniker is my third name that i never used on my credential. U should work with the CIA, you know grin wink

@ all i dont mean to chastise or reprimand or justify or judge anybody. I just wanted us to know that me meet people in strange places. No man is self sufficient and we need someone at a point in time no matter how well placed or rich we are. Lets learn to walk away from arguement when its toiling towards acrimony or bitter words. Incase anyone is angry with what i put down please forgive me. I d rather you win an arguement than we lose our friendship or hold anything against anybody.
wish every one a great day and for those having their interview today, May God favour you n may you find grace in the sight of the V.O.
For those hustling, may we share success story.

My phone went off for a while yesterday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrMann1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
MrMann1:

Please, I intend to enter states with Intl driver license. What are my chances? Can I start driving as soon as I land
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dannybrown19: 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
MrMann1:

Please, I intend to enter states with Intl driver license. What are my chances? Can I start driving as soon as I land
Depending on the state, my state won't allow you to drive with the Intl drivers licence, you must write their online test and also do the road test.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
trapezius:
@texrem and @slimmy2005...I sent you a PM; pls kindly get back. Thanks much

Pls pm me again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by MrMann1(m): 7:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
dannybrown19:

Depending on the state, my state won't allow you to drive with the Intl drivers licence, you must write their online test and also do the road test.
Ok. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
Please who is going to ATL? We need to link up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zollar4life: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
@walspirng, Thank you so much bros, I have call them and was told I need to fill in new ds-160 while they assist me in correcting the appointment page. I really appreciate you all for your comments.
I will be happy if I can get a volunteer to go through my transcript before interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
happney65:
Eyin temi,All these Grammer wey CBN talk this past days about Dollar,Has anybody being able to purchase it at a lower rate?Anybody made an online Payment?How much where you charged.. cc Walspring profojah2

I saw #288 to $1 on nairaland from page as news this morning but i dont know if that is real, I guess they used monday new policy to bailout banks or some people out

cc
Guther6
OluDare01
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
zollar4life:
@walspirng, Thank you so much bros, I have call them and was told I need to fill in new ds-160 while they assist me in correcting the appointment page. I really appreciate you all for your comments.
I will be happy if I can get a volunteer to go through my transcript before interview.

Lets give the thanks to God

Just go ahead and fill a new ds160 and make sure you dont make any mistakes again oooo

Alot of big boss here can do that for you just make the right move
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by happney65: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
Walspring:

I saw #288 to $1 on nairaland from page as news this morning but i dont know if that is real, I guess they used monday new policy to bailout banks or some people out

cc
Guther6
OluDare01

And that is it..Nobody has confirmed yet..They are just giving us some figures..Please let me know bro when you see someone that makes any purchase or you do one...Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
happney65:

And that is it..Nobody has confirmed yet..They are just giving us some figures..Please let me know bro when you see someone that makes any purchase or you do one...Thanks

I can make purchase of $1 now by buying app on my phone so that we know the exact rate but will you refund my $1 back ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
zollar4life:

Pm me...willing to help..

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.