Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677699 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:34am On May 15, 2016
youngmoney416:
how much does gieva charge for sevis fee and how reliable are they

$250 or more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:37am On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
Bros, whats your definition of fair rate? I have $200 cash and willing to do at 310. Black market is 365-370.

Stop giving false information about black market, even banks who sort from black market does not sell it at that amount not to talk of the aboki in my location and if I may ask when do they start selling at this price you stated above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:39am On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
Depends on how you can negotiate with them. Also just like their sevis(so i heard), they can use a fair rate but u pay extra N10k or so to them

If you say so..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:40am On May 15, 2016
gunther6:

Bros no bank will do WU for you in Nigeria currently they will just keep running you in circles or simply tell you to source for your own dollar, you can only receive WU @ 197 besides the WU money order can't be sent from Nigeria

I think Banks are using WU now because someone used it early this week to send money to his son but you need to go there early
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 12:47pm On May 15, 2016
Alright this will be for those also in future needing this. If you use Fidelity or know some using Fidelity. You can send using MG. The naira equivalent of what you want to send out must have been in your account for 48hrs (key) (saturday & sunday not inclusive).There is also a MG charge untop of what you want to send. MG rate is 258-270 (fluctuates) These are the rules (as I was told in my branch). And there must have been transaction activity in the account. You cant just use an account u haven't used lets say for 3months, it wont go. Be at the bank by 8 (anticipate crowd), & MG expires by 10. And be sure to fulfill all the conditions else the transaction wont fly, whether the person shout or pull stunt, the system will revoke it. So thats just about it. For WU, I am not sure the deposit time-line exists for it.
AgreatMan:

I am on my way back to lag today. I just want anywhere I can him get something closer to the official rate. As for mackiv consult, I don't have his time for now as I urgently need to clear up this process. When I have his time, he will get me my money one way or d other. Please can u explain further regarding the MG rules.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 12:50pm On May 15, 2016
They are 100% reliable. I didnt use them to pay sevis fee but I am sure it wont be up to the amount (70k or so) you will spend going to seme border
youngmoney416:
how much does gieva charge for sevis fee and how reliable are they
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 12:54pm On May 15, 2016
I dont use Stanbic but try to ask. When I used paypal for a $108 transaction i was charged N38k, i was even debited twice (and it wasnt an error). I dont know if the second debit was the bank's cut or paypal. So check if stanbic's rate is friendly.
pepe4reps:

what's the exchange rate of stanbic bank ? cos I've joined my stanbic acct with my PayPal account and intend for my GRE exam.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 12:55pm On May 15, 2016
You can remove your contact!. I will hit you up @sirriddy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 12:56pm On May 15, 2016
If you say its false info no wahala! You can tell us where we can get it much lower!
Walspring:

Stop giving false information about black market, even banks who sort from black market does not sell it at that amount not to talk of the aboki in my location and if I may ask when do they start selling at this price you stated above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2016
zeezahbee:
chaiii. jejely oo

I am always on my limit oo. I envy people who drive pass me on the highway. in short one day police don drive pass me because I was on the exact limit.

it's bad to leave naija and die in america.
I must rest in naija

We have slow limit but fast drivers here. And when you hit 123 miles long NJ turnpike with some parts 6 and12 lanes, you will gear up my sister.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 1:06pm On May 15, 2016
Forgot to add, valid proof of ID. The name on ID must match name of account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AgreatMan: 1:22pm On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
Alright this will be for those also in future needing this. If you use Fidelity or know some using Fidelity. You can send using MG. The naira equivalent of what you want to send out must have been in your account for 48hrs (key) (saturday & sunday not inclusive).There is also a MG charge untop of what you want to send. MG rate is 258-270 (fluctuates) These are the rules (as I was told in my branch). And there must have been transaction activity in the account. You cant just use an account u haven't used lets say for 3months, it wont go. Be at the bank by 8 (anticipate crowd), & MG expires by 10. And be sure to fulfill all the conditions else the transaction wont fly, whether the person shout or pull stunt, the system will revoke it. So thats just about it. For WU, I am not sure the deposit time-line exists for it.

That exchange rate is still fair. Will look for some with fidelity. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2016
Walspring:

I think Banks are using WU now because someone used it early this week to send money to his son but you need to go there early

Abeg what rate?, what bank ? I'm interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:17pm On May 15, 2016
bbdd:
Imperiouxx
Saw your funny post about UToledo
Funny, I got an admit there with full funding but their stipend was kinda low at 15K so I turned it down.

Fast forward three months later, I met someone who finished with a masters in my field from there and wanted to start a PhD. She was complaining that she wasn't happy with the quality of the instruction she got there.

It's a decent/OK school, but when they start to ask for annoying requirements that clearly exceeds the quality and funding capabilities of the programs offered, it just calls for laughter.

Thanks, I don't reply them anymore. I have this other school Uutah asking for TOEFL and they are willing to take any old result since I asked for a waiver. So I gave her links to my publications and told her i have never taken TOEFL before for any reasons, not even when I was in Nigeria applying for masters. And that TOEFL is the least in my plan. So annoying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 15, 2016
Wininlight:
Morning House! It nice to see inspiring stories of people who made it encouraging others here. From the little I've read, two things tend to be outstanding in getting a visa and thats having ties with Nigeria and bank statement. I'm applying for masters in a school in Kentucky and I'm married. My issue is with bank statement.... could someone in the house please throw more light on all the requirement for BS and can it come from an Uncle?
Again, what are the other reasons why people get bounced?
Every applicant is unique of course. So, the VO may or may not ask for it in the course of interview.

What do you mean by "people get bounced"?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2016
nlc strike begins on wednesday. anybody notbin abuja get urself here on tuesday or else u might be stranded. me am leaving on tuesday morning o. i have said my own.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2016
DeeTus:
Every applicant is unique of course. So, the VO may or may not ask for it in the course of interview.

What do you mean by "people get bounced"?
oga Titus abeg follow nlc talk o....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 15, 2016
dickoflife:
oga Titus abeg follow nlc talk o....
Lol. Talk to who?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by papyskinsy: 3:02pm On May 15, 2016
pls does anyone one hav experience fr application of student visa @ india embassy .. victorial island.. ?.. thnkx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 15, 2016
papyskinsy:
pls does anyone one hav experience fr application of student visa @ india embassy .. victorial island.. ?.. thnkx
Hey, where are you from?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mike1994reds: 3:31pm On May 15, 2016
DeeTus:
Hey, where are you from?

d guy miss road grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Anthoniuf: 3:40pm On May 15, 2016
Please I need information on how the best place and the cost of registering for toefl, and the application fee thing, how can I send money out of Nigeria? This exchange rate is too high with black market, does Western Union cost less? I want to apply for either Mechanical, automation or a related field for undergraduate studies. I need advice on an affordable university or college that can offer them with like $3k-$6k as tuition, I intend to apply for spring (January start)... Hope to get help here, USA is the Dream.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 15, 2016
mike1994reds:

d guy miss road grin
Yeah. Indians act funny sometimes and they eat a lot of garlic grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
I dont use Stanbic but try to ask. When I used paypal for a $108 transaction i was charged N38k, i was even debited twice (and it wasnt an error). I dont know if the second debit was the bank's cut or paypal. So check if stanbic's rate is friendly.
what account did u connect to your paypal account for you to be charged #38k.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lobito007(m): 4:00pm On May 15, 2016
Guys, as touching OPT, do you automatically get your visa extended for 3 years after MS, or you have to secure placement first? If the latter is the case, do you still get 3 years, irrespective of the fact that you may have spent one year searching?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 4:07pm On May 15, 2016
I have a sister that will help me to pay for my sevis fee stateside but she doesn't know how to go about. I have given her the western union details but she doesn't understand still.

pls, what will she tell them when she gets to western union or how will she go about it?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 4:18pm On May 15, 2016
lionlee216:
I have a sister that will help me to pay for my sevis fee stateside but she doesn't know how to go about. I have given her the western union details but she doesn't understand still.

pls, what will she tell them when she gets to western union or how will she go about it?

Thanks
scan a copy of ur data page to her and let her take it there with the coupn the rest is up to God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by papyskinsy: 4:19pm On May 15, 2016
am nt sure.. but just tell her to register probably online.. wen she getz to de bank wit WU service tell her to collect a payment form .. dere she will fill here contact and WU number.. nd pay de cash..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by papyskinsy: 4:21pm On May 15, 2016
DeeTus:
Hey, where are you from?

hey i no miss road i jus dey ask fr suggestions since i no consult any agent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:27pm On May 15, 2016
lobito007:
Guys, as touching OPT, do you automatically get your visa extended for 3 years after MS, or you have to secure placement first? If the latter is the case, do you still get 3 years, irrespective of the fact that you may have spent one year searching?

Nothing automatic in US. Your visa will be extended 2 years once you have documents to show you're still doing the opt or back in school. And this is after you applied for a renewal of f1 visa outside US. If by any chance you're out of opt and not doing anything, your application will be denied. And don't forget there is opt grace period (3 months or so) after which you must not be unemployed or you're out.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 15, 2016
papyskinsy:

hey i no miss road i jus dey ask fr suggestions since i no consult any agent
Oh sorry about that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:51pm On May 15, 2016
see all dis people o i talk strike nobody answer me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.