Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680779 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
nellyalph:

What are my not talking about?? Was going through my mentions and noticed that!!
When an old member and a new member exchanges words, you favour the former by deleting the latter's comments.

That's what I am talking about!

So in your world banning the old member is regarded as favouring him?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
Mekurexx:
July 26

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Igbiboi: 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
success2000:

bro, i didn't see your mail yet, i sensed there is a restriction on my NL account and i'm wondering if that should be the case. I do receive PMs on Canada forum but it seems admin her are very hard which it not supposed to be like that. I have commuted no crime here. why should a fellow nigerian do such a thing now that i need the advise of people like you privately cos one can not be discussing everything her (personal life). if i post my email address now for u to send me mail i'm sure it would be deleted. ...
ADMINS WHY, WHAT IS MY OFFENCE?

Bro, you sent me a PM, unfortunately I don't have access to the email I used for this acct. could you please tell me what you me to do for you. If you want a private chat then write your email in your signature and I will get back to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by QueenID: 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
acadollar:

Pls can someone with info help this guy, he said he has BSC-3.11/4.0
MSC- 4.6/5.0
He also wants to know if he needs to write GRE before seeking for admission
Thanks

Check University of Nevada at Reno

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
hello awesome people! I've read through every part of this awesome group..I really need some help in getting SAT materials..I planning on going for an undergraduate programme in political science,fall 2017....can anyone help me with schools where I'll definitely get funding... pls pls....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pelaiye2703(m): 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hi peeps, it seems finding a school with my certificate (HND) and GPA of 2.7 is kinda hard. I studied urban and regional planning. Please any advice on how to go about getting my masters or necessary steps to take before achieving that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
OluDare01:

Yes, he should write GRE and TOEFL and pass well.
What's his discipline?
Elect Elect Engineering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
sirborjnr:
hello awesome people! I've read through every part of this awesome group..I really need some help in getting SAT materials..I planning on going for an undergraduate programme in political science,fall 2017....can anyone help me with schools where I'll definitely get funding... pls pls....

You can buy the new edition with new pattern of SAT book at yaba Lagos and when you fill you SAT form you can tick the sections that asked if you want funding and you will get email alert of schools and organisation that give scholarship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by PRYCE(m): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
One Question: why's SEVIS fee not paid here in Nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by pgiddy(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
akins2016:

I sent you a PM bro
I saw the pm, but when I tried replying, it was sending me some mailer error.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by pgiddy(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
akins2016:

I sent you a PM bro
I saw the pm, but when I tried replying, it was sending me some mailer error. I don't know how else to reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
Igbiboi:

Please does IERF accept transcript from every Nigerian university. I couldn't find a list of Nigerian universities on their website...

Boss, Just checked out the UB school seem to look like a nice school.i sent you a om can please reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
shinym:

Hello everyone, many thanks to our gurus in the house for all your insightful posts. Please what's your opinion on IGlobal University in Virginia? I got an offer for their MBA program without GRE/Toefl scores, and its the only school in the US that I applied to. Hope applying to only one school and not having GMAT/GRE/Toefl scores won't have any negative effect during my visa interview.

Looking forward to your response, thanks a lot!

Cc: Plauses, Mekurexx, Imperiouxx, DareFadi, Mevisbleek, Dellapi2, rogerdavid, dickoflife, meekandholy, don4ye and youngmoney416.

Bro, the names you listed remain one "Walspring"...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ahahnow: 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
OJCITY22:

Bro, the names you listed remain one "Walspring"...

Dont apply to any kind of school if it is really education you are after oo. Make sure the school is accredited. It is important

shinym

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
PRYCE:
One Question: why's SEVIS fee not paid here in Nigeria?

Because dhs doesn't trust our CBN and banks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
shinym:

Hello everyone, many thanks to our gurus in the house for all your insightful posts. Please what's your opinion on IGlobal University in Virginia? I got an offer for their MBA program without GRE/Toefl scores, and its the only school in the US that I applied to. Hope applying to only one school and not having GMAT/GRE/Toefl scores won't have any negative effect during my visa interview.

Looking forward to your response, thanks a lot!

Cc: Plauses, Mekurexx, Imperiouxx, DareFadi, Mevisbleek, Dellapi2, rogerdavid, dickoflife, meekandholy, don4ye and youngmoney416.

I believe the school will have reasons why they waived those tests for you and offered you admission so you need to ask them but I strongly advice you to write one or two of the test so that it can boost your chances and also portray you as a serious and genuine student during visa interview.

Aside from the above statement it will help you when securing funding either before you leave here or when you get there..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
Walspring:

I believe the school will have reasons why they waived those tests for you and offered you admission so you need to ask them but I strongly advice you to write one or two of the test so that it can boost your chances and also portray you as a serious and genuine student during visa interview.

Aside from the above statement it will help you when securing funding either before you leave here or when you get there..

@ Shinym..na him you don hear. Your dey dia bros. Tuale. Meanwhile, thanks for the adv the last time through e-mail. I'm grateful...shalom
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Effemzy: 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Will be going this fall too?
SilentPistol:
Effemzy, I'll be going for the same program in the same school. We should connect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Walspring:

You can buy the new edition with new pattern of SAT book at yaba Lagos and when you fill you SAT form you can tick the sections that asked if you want funding and you will get email alert of schools and organisation that give scholarship
mane thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by SilentPistol: 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
Effemzy:
Will be going this fall too?
Yup. When are you thinking of arriving at the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
pgiddy:

I saw the pm, but when I tried replying, it was sending me some mailer error. I don't know how else to reply.
I got ur PM and I replied already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
OJCITY22:

@ Shinym..na him you don hear. Your head dey dia bros (walspring) . Tuale. Meanwhile, thanks for the adv the last time through e-mail. I'm grateful...shalom

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by PRYCE(m): 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
Walspring:

Because dhs doesn't trust our CBN and banks
Chai! And I was here thinking maybe it's one of the fallout of CBN's restrictions on our accounts in regards to foreign transactions.

Naija my country!

Well thanks... ama now roll back to my silent viewing cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
sirborjnr:

mane thanks a lot

Let's give the thanks to God..

Few weeks/months ago, a lady posted that she wanted to give out her SAT text book but I don't think the text book is the new version or pattern of the SAT test
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
PRYCE:
Chai! And I was here thinking maybe it's one of the fallout of CBN's restrictions on our accounts in regards to foreign transactions.

Naija my country!

Well thanks... ama now roll back to my silent viewing cheesy

Is not that at all because before the fallout of CBN's restrictions on our account its not allowed even since student have been paying for Sevis fee

Our leaders in CBN and banks can turn the levels to money laundering and business the same way they are doing to exchange rate now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fmsuhgar: 12:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Plsss house,i want to apply for admission for spring 2017 in Biochemistry, I really need help on cheap schools or maybe with funding (full or partial). I have the ff; Bsc =4.25/5.00, toefl= 82
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ekofisk(m): 12:47am On Jul 03, 2016
harrycool:
Hello house, I've been a silent reader here for a while now.
I'm applying for MS Chemical Engineering for Fall 2017 to Florida State University (FSU), Michigan Tech University and Texas Tech University.
Anyone with any background info on any of these schools?
Any other universities I should also consider based on experience.
Thanks.

I'm heading to Texas Tech for PE. The tuition is pretty much affordable if you get the scholarship that'll qualify you for instate tuition. You might not get RA/TA from the outset. Most departments have the policy that you must have spent a year on campus and taken the International Teaching Assitanship workshop if you want a TA position.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:53am On Jul 03, 2016
Currently doing my MS in US, Chemistry major. I'm looking forward to apply for PhD to schools with good monthly stipend. Hopefully something in the range of 2k+. Can someone please suggest schools with much money. I'll worry about their rating and whether or not they offer my major.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by shinym(m): 4:09am On Jul 03, 2016
DareFadi:

Thanks for helping me type this grin. You must have taken it from my head. Lol

Also when it comes to MBA if you plan to get a good job in the US to gain some work experience then aim for good MBA programs. Its so competitive for jobs and its all about the school, the network and offcourse how u perform in the interview but a good school will coach you as well.... so my person its not how far but how well. Go take GMAT study very well for it and get into another school.

But if u want to come back immediately and just spend dollars then yeah go for it but and even crossing that Vo that another topic

Thanks a lot ma'am DareFadi and brother Mevisbleek...I do appreciate and value your response. I actually got an Elect Elect Eng'g masters offer from Coventry Uni in the UK. I may just opt for that, and then seek available PhD opportunities in the US, as I've got research interest in renewable energy systems.

Many thanks once again!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:52am On Jul 03, 2016
shinym:

Thanks a lot ma'am DareFadi and brother Mevisbleek...I do appreciate and value your response. I actually got an Elect Elect Eng'g masters offer from Coventry Uni in the UK. I may just opt for that, and then seek available PhD opportunities in the US, as I've got research interest in renewable energy systems.

Many thanks once again!

U Welcome this is DareFadi btw. No longer using former

Please stay away from Coventry Uni except if u were given scholarship.... u won't gain anything back from the system and they will kick u out once done. No post study visa for now (well it might change now Uk leaving the EU to PBS ). But what changes nobody knows yet until 2yrs from now......

it would be better finding that masters in a usa school that has a phd program as well. At least after ur masters u are already in d system and can look around the department for prof with grants to give u GA . Maybe u can even finda GA or instate tuition after 1st semester if u r grades are good . Also the post study visa u get after ur program in d usa will give you enough time to find a job and hopefully a h1b visa sponsor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.